Well, there's no shortage of family drama: La Toya Jackson lands new reality show on Oprah Winfrey network
By Nadia Mendoza PUBLISHED: 14:56, 2 August 2012 | UPDATED: 19:50, 2 August 2012

When your family are embroiled in a high-profile custody battle after the matriarch goes 'AWOL', perhaps it's time to draw the curtains on publicity.
But La Toya Jackson can't resist one tasty little final time in front of the cameras - with a new reality television show.
Indeed, the 56-year-old will now compete with the likes of Jersey Shore and Keeping Up With The Kardashians after she signed a deal with the Oprah Winfrey Network (OWN) to appear in Life With La Toya.

Centre of attention: La Toya Jackson has landed a new reality show after signing a deal with the Oprah Winfrey Network (OWN) to appear in Life With La Toya

The cameras are set to follow La Toya while documenting her day-to-day activities, various business ventures and her relationship with her family.

The fifth sibling of the Jackson clan has already sampled fly-on-the-wall living, after she lived in the Celebrity Big Brother UK house in 2009.

In a statement, La Toya said: 'I am so pleased to be working with television legend Oprah Winfrey and to be a part of the OWN family.

Auntie: La Toya poses with Paris, Prince and Blanket at the Children's Hospital in Los Angeles for a Michael Jackson artwork donation ceremony last August

'This will be one of the most exciting adventures of my life.'
Meanwhile, the network's co-president Sheri Salata gushed: 'We are delighted to work with La Toya to bring this new show to OWN viewers.'
La Toya has not referenced the show, scheduled to premiere in 2013, on Twitter yet, instead tweeting her support for Team USA at the Olympics.

She wrote: 'Congratulation USA!!! So happy to see that we are winning medals at the #XXXSummerOlympics!!!'
Whether the new series will discuss the family's recent dramas is yet to be seen, as siblings Janet, Rebbie and Randy have been quibbling over the Michael Jackson Estate, accusing the executors of failing at their job.

Also, niece Paris, together with nephews Prince and Blanket, are currently in the care of Tito Joe 'TJ' Jackson after grandmother Katherine (La Toya's mother), 82, lost custody of Michael's three children following a trip to an Arizona spa in which she was uncontactable for 10 days.

Behind the scenes: The new show is said to reveal all about La Toya, pictured here last month out for dinner in Beverly Hills

Read more: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

MJonmind

I'm really happy for her! I really like LaToya, and think other shows such as The Apprentice and The View have added very positive presenting of her traits. She will be a good spokesperson for the Jackson drama, as well as clearing Michael's name in a way palatable to the public. You go girl!  All the drama lately sets this show up nicely! What a planner you are Michael!
Either Oprah is trying to redeem herself or she has been in on the hoax.

Perhaps these threads could be combined.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Last Edit: August 02, 2012, 03:25:35 PM by MJonmind
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

This is a good show for La Toya Jackson. I think she will do a great job in this reality series.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Andrea

Oprah, eh?

I don't watch "reality" tv but I would definitely watch La Toya's show - she's awesome!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

MaryK

• Registered users
  • Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • The world is just illusion, trying to change you
Reminds me of:

"Where is he?....Here he is again!"  :icon_e_wink:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You and I were never separate

It's just an illusion

Wrought by the magical lens of Perception

blankie

• Registered users
  • Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • It's all for L.O.V.E.
Here also Latoya !!! She lacked only  :icon_lol:..

Wonderful Jackson family !!!  :bearhug:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions