RK

Mottola was replaced by Martin Bandier as sony's CEO, he who once bid for the beatle's catalogue when he had a company called Entertainment Co. Even though a 50 million deal was signed, MJ got the catalogue for 3 mill less.
Wonder if his resentment at losing out initially carried over to his new appointment at sony.
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RK

Bugga...edit time ran out as I was in the middle of my ramble....continuing on....
We know that the hoax timing was perfectly planned and executed to precision. Nothing left to random chance there. And there is also the fact that sometime in 2009, MJ was to get full ownership of his own masters.Hmm... so close, but not quite. Many a fan have put two and two together and are screaming murder, making a lot of flak for sony.
1/Is this an elaborately spun spiders web to trap sony at their own game
2/ Were they behind the attempts to discredit MJ and set him up and now the tables are turned on them
3/ Or are sony now okay since mottola's removal and are helping MJ with his hoax plan.

I have no need to question if Michael did out think them and survived. I would bet my own life that he's still with us. What I need to collate and digest in my understanding is on what side some of the pieces of the puzzle actually lie.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bec

Someone at Sony has to be helping Michael. There's a lot of clues in the production and editing of the those songs, and the insert and cover of the new album that needed to be placed and quality control would be required. Prince's symbol got through, was perfectly "discovered" before printing, and removed on time. That's very well done and pretty crucial, that the cover was viewed publicly and the symbol had a chance to be discovered and so then removed, before any CDs were actually sold, how lucky! The movie, same story, TII had all sorts of strategic little tiny clues that had to be placed just right (keep-a-watchin at :18 of the trailer), you can't just leave these details to chance in someone else's hands. Having someone inside Sony is really needed because this project can't be risked by someone catching something at the last minute and changing it.

What if someone saw "always nice to sing with my brother" and decided it HAD to be an error and changed it to "brothers"? What if someone cropped out the  hotel name on the HT handwritten lyrics pic because of size restrictions at final editing? I don't understand the business so perhaps my examples are poor, use your imagination. There are so many small nuances that we have almost all agreed were very carefully written into the script, it seems terribly risky to just send it all out from the estate and cross your fingers.

I also don't understand why Sony would want so badly to be rid of Michael, so as to get the catalog. Seems they are partners and work together to make a lot of money. I would imagine Michael might be an asset to Sony and not just for his brand, but also for his business sense. Who's to say they don't get along smashingly in the post Mottola years? It's complete speculation on my part but who knows. Sony did pay Michael a whole ton of money for all his old music. A record breaking ton of money. If they wanted the catalog I'm not sure they would have entered into any contract with the Estate, hoping it would bear financial burden considering the less then flattering method of demise (weirdo drug addict), and then subsequently offer to buy the catalog from the Estate.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Are you entertained?

~Souza~Topic starter

Quote from: "bec"
Someone at Sony has to be helping Michael. There's a lot of clues in the production and editing of the those songs, and the insert and cover of the new album that needed to be placed and quality control would be required. Prince's symbol got through, was perfectly "discovered" before printing, and removed on time. That's very well done and pretty crucial, that the cover was viewed publicly and the symbol had a chance to be discovered and so then removed, before any CDs were actually sold, how lucky! The movie, same story, TII had all sorts of strategic little tiny clues that had to be placed just right (keep-a-watchin at :18 of the trailer), you can't just leave these details to chance in someone else's hands. Having someone inside Sony is really needed because this project can't be risked by someone catching something at the last minute and changing it.

What if someone saw "always nice to sing with my brother" and decided it HAD to be an error and changed it to "brothers"? What if someone cropped out the  hotel name on the HT handwritten lyrics pic because of size restrictions at final editing? I don't understand the business so perhaps my examples are poor, use your imagination. There are so many small nuances that we have almost all agreed were very carefully written into the script, it seems terribly risky to just send it all out from the estate and cross your fingers.

I also don't understand why Sony would want so badly to be rid of Michael, so as to get the catalog. Seems they are partners and work together to make a lot of money. I would imagine Michael might be an asset to Sony and not just for his brand, but also for his business sense. Who's to say they don't get along smashingly in the post Mottola years? It's complete speculation on my part but who knows. Sony did pay Michael a whole ton of money for all his old music. A record breaking ton of money. If they wanted the catalog I'm not sure they would have entered into any contract with the Estate, hoping it would bear financial burden considering the less then flattering method of demise (weirdo drug addict), and then subsequently offer to buy the catalog from the Estate.

Interesting thoughts bec. This sounds pretty plausible and would explain all the last minute changes.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

paula-c

paula-c wrote:

Sting Operations, false victim (Michael), false criminal (Murray), against whom?, Sneddon and fraudulent justice, [hr:239iin8k]doctors and drug abuse, a possible murder to steal the fortune (potential candidates: AEG, mafia...)...

I think that change of opinion here:

[highlight=#ff0000:239iin8k]doctors and drug abuse[/highlight:239iin8k] errrr
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions