RKTopic starter

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Posted: 07/11/2012 4:05 pm

Roseanne Barr and Legendary Concert Promoter Leonard Rowe Talk about Racism in Hollywood

The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends towards justice. -- Martin Luther King, Jr.

On June 24, I had the opportunity to co-host with Roseanne Barr on her show, heard each Sunday on KCAA radio.

Our guest was legendary concert promoter and long-time friend and manager of Michael Jackson, Leonard Rowe.

Our subject: racism in Hollywood.

Both Roseanne and I were shocked, but not surprised by the things we were hearing from Mr. Rowe. And we were shocked, but not surprised by the document(s) Mr. Rowe had in his possession and that were filed with the Court, yet completely ignored by the Court, to date.

Mr. Rowe talked about the inequities he witnessed in the industry against black concert promoters during his 30-plus years in the entertainment business. Inequities such as: no black concert promoter, in the 114 year history of The William Morris agency, had ever been allowed to engage in a contract with a white entertainer or artist for a concert performance. Yet, in reverse, white concert promoters are able to engage in contracts with artists, of any race -- black or white.

Another example: black promoters are required to pay a 50 percent deposit for the artist that they will promote for a concert. Yet, conversely, white promoters pay 0 to 10 percent as a deposit to promote any and all artist of their choice.

These are just two examples of the iniquities. There are many others, and those examples have been clearly illustrated in Mr. Rowe's 14-year racial discrimination and antitrust lawsuit against the "Hollywood" elite -- The William Morris Agency and Creative Artists Agency. (See Rowe Entertainment vs. The William Morris Agency.)

Mr. Rowe's lawsuit has the potential to chart a new path in which Hollywood conducts its business affairs -- i.e., to do business with people with no regard to race. The laws of this country say that this must be done. Rowe also states that this is 2012, not 1912.

He also indicated that he felt compelled to come forward and confront this type of injustice in the entertainment industry or it will continue to go on.

Roseanne spoke from her own experiences in the business adding that racism is "built into the fabric" of Hollywood.

Roseanne and Rowe agreed that there are powerful people in the U.S. who do not want to see the Roseannes and the Rowes of this country come together to shatter the walls of discrimination.

However, the laws of this country speak otherwise, says Rowe.

The court systems in America are turning a blind eye and a deaf ear to these types of injustices.

Look at an exhibit attached in Rowe's case here (this document represents one year; Mr. Rowe has 10 boxes of racially charged evidence and statements that was retrieved during discovery from the files of CAA and The William Morris Agency and were presented to the Court.)

And additional pleadings can be found here.

Judge Patterson has turned a blind eye and Leonard Rowe's own attorneys said the document listing the racial epithets did not exist -- concealing them from their own client and the Court. Evidently, perpetrating a fraud upon the Court.

American citizens must demand that the civil rights laws of this country are enforced.

Rowe's lawsuit is currently languishing on Judge Robert Patterson's desk.

In an effort to gain national attention to this noteworthy cause, Rowe is about to take his case on the road directly to the people of the United States. Leonard Rowe will appear at the National Press Club in Washington, D.C., on Wednesday, July 11 at 6 p.m. as a part of the McLendon Group dinner series. The public is invited.

In New York City, the Committee for the Elimination of Media Offensive to African People (CEMOTAP) is hosting a free event at the Black Spectrum Theatre in Roy Wilkins Park on Saturday, July 14 at 2 p.m. At both events, Rowe will also discuss his relationship with Michael Jackson and how he tried to save Michael from the clutches of Hollywood executives who regularly use vulgar language to characterize their own clients (a complimentary copy of Mr. Rowe's book, What Really Happened to Michael Jackson: The Evil Side of the Entertainment Industry, will be dispersed to everyone present.)

Attendees will be asked to help shine the light of justice on this preeminent case by writing to Chief Judge Loretta A. Preska and the Presiding Judge Robert P. Patterson of the Southern District of New York. Let this case be decided by a jury, which will assure that justice will prevail.

Preska's contact information is here. Patterson's contact information is here.

The American people must raise their voices -- justice denied for one is justice denied for all.

and here is the radio interview.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPCZZFrk3N0[/youtube]
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Thank you for posting this. I read Leonard Rowe's book What Really Happened to Michael Jackson, the King of Pop, the Evil Side of the Entertainment Industry   some time ago, and it really opened my eyes to the music industry whcih has been backed up by my further research-- and extends much farther into the entertainment industry.  He goes into detail into the contract with AEG, and what I learned there was simply mindblowing.  SO messed up. 

Please I urge those of who who haven't looked into this to do so.   I am so glad to hear that Rowe is still being active, as I had understood his actions had been squashed (must have been a different filing)...

Please please please
take a look.

LoveUnited
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I've read his book on jetzi........
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Im_convincedmjalive

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • Down Ass G!!! More thaN U know haha! ~Smile~
  • I'm Watchin From -2012- Twilight Zone!:)
The American people must raise their voices -- justice denied for one is justice denied for all.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

MJonmind

Interesting show. Roseanne is a fighter and not afraid.
Roseanne spoke from her own experiences in the business adding that racism is "built into the fabric" of Hollywood….
The court systems in America are turning a blind eye and a deaf ear to these types of injustices….

IMO it's coming from many crusty conservatives, from many fundamentalist Christians down in the Bible belt, from many wealthy people, lastly from many Jewish people in the business-- from people wanting to stick to an antiquated belief that blacks are inferior and unworthy, and can be used as slave labor to save some money. A long-held belief was that God cursed all blacks when Noah cursed his son Ham's son. Some even taught that blacks were animals Noah brought on the ark. Mormans taught that blacks couldn't be saved and go to the heaven until more recently when there was too much criticism. On and on. This runs deep. It took such a revolution for MLK to make strides, but it looks very much like all the whites in power did, was change tactics and use double-speak to fool the public. For instance, instead of slavery it's now the Industrial Prison Complex.

Apparently Tom Sneddon and his associates in the 2005 case with Michael Jackson, was heard to use the N word and other slurs against black people frequently, and laughing about how they would destroy him.

Even the general public, who predominately are whites and are the most outspoken about it, partly demean and disrespect Michael Jackson simply because he is a black man, though it is subtle.  This whole story is FAR from over, and I believe the fight is barely started. Go Leonard go!  Go Michael go! It is a major injustice in the history of the world.

Rachel1018
I've read his book on jetzi........
And what were your thoughts, and some points of interest?

Last Edit: July 15, 2012, 03:06:30 AM by MJonmind
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

* read later
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
People laugh when I explain. And though they may laugh, that doesn't change the fact that it's still the truth.

Michael is Alive
The end of evil is nigh
Trust in God
The righteous will prevail

I hated the way that AEG contract was written.  It actually made me sick to my stomach.  :ghsdf:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Don't stop this child, He's the father of man
Don't cross his way, He's part of the plan
I am that child, but so are you
You've just forgotten, Just lost the clue.”

MJ "Magical Child"
Still Rocking my World…
   and leaving me Speechless!

“True goodbyes are the ones never said

RKTopic starter

Thanks for the reminder about Jetzi's  @ Rachel...I have started reading the book  today.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

:icon_e_surprised: Never heard of this site, but OH MY GOD, E.V.E.R.Y.T.H.I.N.G. Michael is catalogued there.  Thank you, thank you, thank you  :bowdown:  Now how do I find something within the realms of all this information?  :icon_pale:  I am trying to find Leonard’s book, but...
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

MJ "Magical Child"
Still Rocking my World…

RKTopic starter

I've read a couple of books there in early hoax days. Leonard's book is about 3rd page [ maybe 4th] when you click the book link. towards the bottom of the page.
Actually...here's the link that will take you straight to it. I have it bookmarked.
Last Edit: July 15, 2012, 10:29:48 AM by RK
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

:bearhug: thank you RK.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

MJ "Magical Child"
Still Rocking my World…

:icon_e_sad: Guess i’ll still have to buy the book because of my vertigo.  The stark contrast of the white against black background causes my eyes to do crazy things.  But thanks anyway.  What a treasure trove of information!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

MJ "Magical Child"
Still Rocking my World…

:icon_e_surprised: Never heard of this site, but OH MY GOD, E.V.E.R.Y.T.H.I.N.G. Michael is catalogued there.  Thank you, thank you, thank you  :bowdown:  Now how do I find something within the realms of all this information?  :icon_pale:  I am trying to find Leonard’s book, but...

Ditto ^^ what a treasure trove!  Thank you Rachel1018! :)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RKTopic starter

Link to court documents
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

MJonmind

RK thanks for the link to the book.  I was reading for a bit and this caught my eye.

Leonard Rowe
(1979) I can remember, the first time I met Michael; I immediately noticed something different about him. There was something in his eyes; it was like being in the presence of someone holy. He had a different spirit about him, and I knew at that point he was someone special. There was something that he had that I immediately knew very few people possess.
:icon_e_biggrin:

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions