More licensing troubles for Conrad Murray, Michael Jackson's doctor
July 11, 2012 | 12:51 pm

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Dr. Conrad Murray faces new accusations in an ongoing inquiry that will determine whether officials will revoke the already-suspended medical license of the man convicted in the 2009 death of music icon Michael Jackson.

The state attorney general’s office, which submitted its first round of accusations to the California Medical Board in February, has added three allegations to the original complaint, according to papers filed June 27.

In addition to the original filing, which said Murray’s license could be revoked because of his criminal conviction and alleged failure to maintain adequate records, Murray is now accused of “gross negligence,” “repeated negligent acts” and “incompetence” for the “inappropriate administration of dangerous drugs.”

The additional accusations will be taken into account at a hearing that has yet to be scheduled, said Jennifer Simoes, a spokeswoman with the state medical board.

Murray has not practiced medicine since January 2011, when a Los Angeles County judge barred him from practicing as a condition of his bail. His license expired a month later.

On Nov. 7 of the same year, Murray was convicted of felony involuntary manslaughter in Jackson’s death, capping a seven-week trial in which prosecutors accused him of incompetence, saying he abandoned medical judgment by complying with Jackson’s repeated requests for a surgical anesthetic to help him sleep.

Witnesses testified that Murray chatted on the phone and sent emails and text messages as Jackson stopped breathing and suffered a heart attack while under the influence of the surgical anesthetic propofol. He also delayed calling for help, they said, and lied to paramedics and emergency doctors.

Judge Michael Pastor called Murray a “disgrace to the medical profession” when he handed down a maximum sentence of four years in prison.

Murray, who remains in jail, has appealed the conviction. He has insisted that Jackson sought out the drug as a sleep aid long before Murray became his doctor.

Murray has licenses in Nevada and Texas that have been suspended, online records show. A medical license issued in Hawaii expired in January 2010.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

You rocked my world, you know you did
And everything I own I give
The rarest love who\'d think I\'d find
Someone like you to call mine

"Let us dream of tomorrow where we can truly love from the soul, and know love as the ultimate truth at the heart of all creation."
------Michael Jackson

Those who go beneath the surface do so at their peril. --Oscar Wilde

RK

Hi darkchild. It's already been posted, although under the Conrad Murray thread. I'll put a lock on this one and we'll continue on in the other thread.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions