everlastinglove_MJ

I found this article about Stieg Larsson:

The Expo Files by Stieg Larsson– review

An inspiring collection of anti-fascist journalism

With the rise of populist parties across Europe, and one gaining traction in Hungary, Stieg Larsson's anxieties as a journalist seem more pressing than ever. This is no cynical exercise, a gathering of Larsson's journalism in order to milk the cash cow of The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo and the other two books in the Millienium trilogy. Rather, the selection is both a memorial to a dead friend and colleague's passions, and a political opportunity, its aim being to inform readers and, to quote Tariq Ali's introduction, "even push them in the direction of political activism". Certainly Larsson's admirers will find much of the ardour that animates his crime novels – in particular, in a long piece on "Swedish and Un-Swedish Violence Towards Women", which makes clear his disgust at sexist oppression.

The Expo Files: Articles by the Crusading Journalist
by Stieg Larsson, translated by Laurie Thompson

Reading these essays, you start to recognise in the Millennium trilogy a leftwing response to The Turner Diaries, the 1978 novel written by William Luther Pierce, the former leader of the white nationalist organisation National Alliance, which imagined a revolution in the US, and a race war resulting in the extermination of all Jews and non-white people. The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo thus becomes a political vision reimagined as a thriller. Yet his own books' success would probably not have reassured him; he was convinced the threat from neo-nazism was real, and determined of the need to combat it with anti-racist protest.

Inevitably perhaps I found myself comparing him with George Orwell, and quickly realising that the comparison was unfair. Even Orwell's most ephemeral pieces summon up an authorial presence and possess a literary subtlety that Larsson was not even attempting to emulate. Rather these are practical, lucid, well-researched articles intended to educate the reader, and little more. And they are valuable pieces that merit attention. The book's title evokes Mulder and Scully and "the truth that's out there", but mercifully Larsson shows little interest in conspiracy theories – in fact, belief in them appears part of the anti-democratic, rightwing culture that he loathes. Instead there is admirably clear journalism, the patient accumulation of devastating facts.

Righteous rage impels Larsson, not a sense of the ludicrous. Yet I can never think of Oswald Mosley or Nick Griffin, without simultaneously picturing PG Wodehouse's Roderick Spode and the Black Shorts. The pagan pomposity of Larsson's thugs, their Wagnerian self-importance, their magazines called Valhalla and White Rebel or their racist music company named "Ragnarcock Records", are surely both contemptible and comic. This book represents the evidence of a life committed to an act of exemplary vigilance, offering an intriguing and necessary insight into a subculture that many would rather ignore.

The neo-Nazis, fascists and racists themselves remain uncharacterised – names and no more. Perhaps Larsson felt that they did not warrant rounding-out. More oddly, he shows scant interest as to why all these rightwingers and anti-immigrationists believe what they do. Maybe their views do not deserve close scrutiny, yet, in reading, it seems almost a lack of interest in understanding the enemy. Again it's hard not to compare him with Orwell, who comprehended the appeal of fascism, while despising it.

An unanswered question hangs over Larsson's writings here: what does a democratic society do with those who espouse the destruction of democracy? To fight back with other than stringently legal methods entails adopting the enemy's undemocratic stance, and so legitimates the fascists' vision. However, to do nothing is equally dangerous, showing weakness or even complicity. In the end, I suppose that populism will only be defeated in Larsson's way, through patient argument and watchfulness.

The book ends with a travel essay on taking the Trans-Siberian railway from Moscow to China. After all the neo-Nazis, the violence against homosexuals, and the patriarchal killings, this last piece comes as a relief. The eye lifts from the murders, the beatings, the dizzying splits and mergers in populist parties, and gladly takes in the pine-forests, the train-carriage love-affairs, even the ropey toilet facilities. Almost for the first time in the book, we feel in Larsson's company and not that of the idiots he bravely devoted his life to exposing. In these last pages, we feel not just his justified – and important – anger, but his spirited amiability. We understand better why his friends miss him so, and why they sought to make this book.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

L.O.V.E.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
It's all for L.O.V.E.

pepper

Video provided, of course, by National Photo Group  :icon_e_wink:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

paula-c

It seems that there is no problem with the dirty Underpants :errrr:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

emulik

It seems that there is no problem with the dirty Underpants :errrr:
quite quick step from dirty undies to university in jail.. :icon_razz:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Please do not forget who the driver is! ...:)

MJ will get us home safely! :)

Video provided, of course, by National Photo Group  :icon_e_wink:
As always lol boy I would love to be fly on the wall at that company  :icon_geek:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

MJonmind

1. Paris recently said in the Oprah interview, that she reads a lot, just like we know her DAD does!
2.  Now we learn from Nicole that Murray (Michael) reads a lot and has become like a sort of a mentor among his "fellow-inmates" who LOVE him!
3.  He started a "university" behind bars lmfao :thjajaja121:
- "he's teaching them vocabulary words" ---> like Front has been teaching us a lot of words and expressions... We're also used to reading "between the lines" ever since the hoax started, Michael/TmZ/family -twits - they're all about KEY-words and subtle meanings of words and phrases! How else could they transmit messages to us , unless through hoax-encoded language!? Surely a true hoax-university!
4. He's also been to "all kind of places", through "reading" of course!  yeah, right! :icon_geek: I love how Nicole's acting this line out , smiling and moving her head to all sides...
5. Interesting the DRAGON mentioning! Wishy, your interpretation is interesting and possibly true. I've also thought about the DRAGON/devil --> Illuminati.
6. TMZ reporter: "Does he get to exercise?"; Nicole: "If he's lucky" lmao  :thjajaja121:
7. I find it VERY "funny" that there is an advertisement for the WEEDS-tv series, just before the video starts! Is it really just a coincidence? Is it that TMZ mocks me/us for our pot-discussions ? Is it a clue? What is it!?  :Pulling_hair:

Regarding the Dragon, I took these fragments out from my article here:

[...]
2. About Brett Ratner:
*** Michael Jackson with Brett Ratner at the set of  the movie "Red Dragon", he invited Michael during the recording of this movie from the famous Hannibal trilogy - You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
*** Plot: A retired FBI agent with psychological gifts is assigned to help track down "The Tooth Fairy", a mysterious serial killer; aiding him is imprisoned criminal genius Hannibal "The Cannibal" Lecter (Anthony Hopkins).
*** Inside Red Dragon_part1 - You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login ---)) Look at minute 06:18 - the main character says "I thought he was gone and now he's back!"
*** Interview of Michael by his good friend Brett - part 1 - You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
[...]

Double-DRAGON Jacket that Michael had worn for the
ARTIST OF THE MILLENNIUM Award Ceremony

3. So besides the movie "Red Dragon" which is a Psychological Thriller !! ;) P :)) Other references I saw: first the DRAGON - I guess you all saw Michael's blouses, shirts and jackets imprinted with a dragon on them! So check out these MIND BLOWING links:
*** DRAGON MAN: Michael Jackson appears at the Millennium World Music Awards in Monaco in 2001. - You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login;
*** this: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
*** Michael Jackson tribute at Neverland Ranch's Dragon Coaster in Coney Island - You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login;
*** the “Thriller” dance for Dragon*Con‘s world record attempt. - You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
*** Michael Jackson Dragon - You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login Games - You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

777 red DRAGON shirt from This Is it

Wonderful work you’ve put together Simpa.  2 thumbs up!!
In that video link you posted about  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
at 3:50  "He is obsessed by this painting by William Blake called Red Dragon, he feels he is transformed into the Red Dragon, in this beast."
Bill Blake is on the tombstone in Thriller. I've posted more on this elsewhere, another bunny trail. (on and on it goes  :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol:)

I just want to add another related character.  I believe like in The Michael Project, there is a whole mess of people including in Hollywood who are involved in this.

Christopher Walken has an interesting tooth fairy rant in this serious film. :icon_eek: :icon_lol:  Scroll down to Tooth fairy.

Simpa notice the Elvis film, and other interesting themes.
Also I may put your beginning part in the Conrad Murray= MJ thread, because I think it may hold some weight.
Christopher Walken (/ˈwɔːkən/; born March 31, 1943) is an American stage and screen actor.[1] He has appeared in more than 100 movies and television shows, including The Deer Hunter, Annie Hall,The Prophecy trilogy, The Dogs of War, Sleepy Hollow, Brainstorm, The Dead Zone, A View to a Kill, At Close Range, King of New York, True Romance, Catch Me If You Can, Pulp Fiction, Wedding Crashers, The Rundown, Click, and Hairspray, as well as music videos by recording artists such as Madonna, Journey, PIL, Run DMC, The Left Rights and Fatboy Slim.
Walken's films have grossed more than $1.8 billion in the United States.[2] He has also played the main role in the Shakespeare plays Hamlet, Macbeth, Romeo and Juliet, and Coriolanus. He is also a popular guest-host of Saturday Night Live, having hosted 7 times as of April 2008. His most notable roles on the show include record producer Bruce Dickinson (no relation to the singer with the same name) in the "More Cowbell" sketch and his multiple appearances as The Continental.
Walken debuted as a film director and script writer with the short film Popcorn Shrimp in 2001. He also wrote and acted the main role in a play about Elvis Presley titled Him, in 1995.[3]
Simpa, I LOVE – Christopher Walken, and also find him funny—very dry sense of humor.

One more detail that is more sad really. MJ said when he looked in the mirror, that he thought he looked like a lizard.  A dragon is a lizard.

Then there’s the red dragon (Satan) in Revelation 12:3, that Michael the Archangel fights against and defeats.
Then another sign appeared in heaven: an enormous red dragon with seven heads and ten horns and seven crowns on his heads.
The whole chapter:  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Just like our Michael in Thriller, is both beast and the one who saves us from the terror about to strike, so is Michael somehow both Michael Archangel and dragon slayer.  Indeed a complex mystery of unparalleled proportions.  But bottom line, as MJ put it best, "I'm bad in a good way!"  and I believe him!!! :-*
Last Edit: June 25, 2012, 06:43:47 PM by MJonmind
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

~Souza~

The red TII shirt isn't a dragon, it's a lion. Just sayin'.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

MJonmind

Souza, I don't know what you think of this Bonnie's blog, but she calls it a TII Red Dragon shirt, about 1/3 way down. She says a lot of interesting things, worth reading, though I don't think anyone forced him to wear the clothing he wore. Sounds like she's on the verge of believing MJ's alive from about 2 months ago.

When Nicole was first switching to a British accent, and said "Papperazzi", I immediately thought of Princess Diana for some reason. IDK   :icon_e_confused:

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Andrea

Christopher Walken has an interesting tooth fairy rant in this serious film. :icon_eek: :icon_lol:  Scroll down to Tooth fairy.

I enjoyed that, thank you MJonmind.  :icon_e_biggrin:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Adi

Not going to spoil it for those who either haven't read the book or seen the (original) movie which IMO is the best version

.....but let me say this.....Nicole saying Dr M  is reading "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" is a schweeeeet connection for today   :)

Anyone who has seen or read this book will get what I mean (I hope  :icon_lol:)

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

MJonmind

Adi
.....but let me say this.....Nicole saying Dr M  is reading "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" is a schweeeeet connection for today   

So now you're going to torture us by NOT giving us the connection, just because we haven't been good little bookworms?

Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease!! :bowdown: :bowdown:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Adi

Adi
.....but let me say this.....Nicole saying Dr M  is reading "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" is a schweeeeet connection for today   

So now you're going to torture us by NOT giving us the connection, just because we haven't been good little bookworms?

Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease!! :bowdown: :bowdown:

:LolLolLolLol: check your PM's   :icon_mrgreen:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Thank you for sharing this with us. Pearl Jr has a video on this too. She doesn't do her usual talking but just gives the video with a few typed words. I think this is a huge carrot dangled in front of us today.

What is interesting about Nicole - IMO, is that she seemed very dramatic at times, as though she was saying rehearsed lines or was deliberately acting. I had to smile when she mentioned that they all love Michael. Don't we all?

Sim - thank you for the visuals. Great job, as usual.

Also great job connecting the Thriller tombstone (MJOnMind?). I have always thought that it was no coincidence to have that name on the tombstone.

How convenient too that the video was "leaked" on MJ's 3rd anniversary of his movement. The words are very Michaelish.

Blessing to you all. Keep the faith :)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I'm proud to be a child of God and a member of MJ's Army of L.O.V.E.

"Press coverage of my life is like [watching] a fictitious movie...like watching science fiction. It's not true." ~Michael Jackson (2005)

"You should not believe everything you read. You are missing the most important revelations". Craig Harvey 3-15-2012

2good2btrue

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • FORGIVENESS IS THE KEY TO YOUR HAPPINESS
Remember, remember.............Conrad Murray also started teaching the fellow inmates and made it more like a university.... He was released earlier due to his excellent and caring behaviour...

Are we following a script???  HIStory ???
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNHLAkV1gqk[/youtube]
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

SimPattyK

• Registered users
  • Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • MJ & ELVIS are ALIVE ~ TRUTH always prevails!
Not going to spoil it for those who either haven't read the book or seen the (original) movie which IMO is the best version

.....but let me say this.....Nicole saying Dr M  is reading "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" is a schweeeeet connection for today   :)

Anyone who has seen or read this book will get what I mean (I hope  :icon_lol:)

Well pls tell us what connections are there in the book?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions