MaryKTopic starter

• Registered users
  • Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • The world is just illusion, trying to change you
First of all: sorry for the somewhat vulgar title of the article...but...that´s what the TMZ headline says.... :icon_e_confused:

That´s not really newsworthy in itself, but I found it interesting in the light of our discussion on the "Orange pants" thread.
And as every TMZ article always gets an own thread, here we go:

Whitney Houston is a 5'9" German dude ... at least, if you believe Piers Morgan.

Allow us to explain -- Morgan was talking to LL Cool J about Whitney's life during the July 6th episode of his CNN show and aired some generic footage of the singer to accompany the interview.

Problem is, the woman in the footage isn't Whitney ... and isn't even a woman -- it's a celebrity drag queen named Ikenna Beney Amaechi.

We spoke with Ikenna ... a charming fellow from Berlin ... who tells us, "I was just sitting at home and at first I didn’t realize it, but then it hit me like BOOM! It wasn’t Whitney … It was me!”

Ikenna tells us he's been "playing" Whitney for 21 years (video below) and the picture used by CNN is from the 2008 Reel Awards Show in Las Vegas -- an event dedicated to celebrity impersonators.

Ikenna adds,“I feel very honored that I was mistaken for the real Whitney Houston on CNN … is there EVEN a bigger compliment for a tribute artist?!"

Probably not.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhJ16O_8YDo&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions