MJonmind

Re: Michael Jackson Live in Brunei
July 02, 2012, 03:22:03 PM
Royal concert in Brunei
Prior to the tour, Jackson performed a free concert at the Jerudong Park Amphitheatre in Bandar Seri Begawan, Brunei on 16 July 1996, attended by 60,000 throughout the park. The concert was in celebration of the fiftieth birthday of Hassanal Bolkiah, the Sultan of Brunei and was attended by the Brunei royal family.
Much of the concert resembled Jackson's Dangerous World Tour, including his outfit, stage, and the setlist, keeping the details of the upcoming HIStory Tour a close secret. The concert also marked the debut live performance of "You Are Not Alone" and "Earth Song" as well as the last performances of "Jam", "Human Nature", "I Just Can't Stop Loving You" and "She's Out of My Life" at a Jackson concert. This concert was also among the last performances of "Billie Jean" and "Beat It" being sung fully live; most subsequent performances have been partially lip-synched.
The full concert was never broadcast on television but was a rare promo item in possession of private collectors; a high quality VHS copy has been leaked.

The changes
"Jam" had a shorter ending than usual.
"I Just Can't Stop Loving You" was performed with Marva Hicks rather than Siedah Garrett. In the middle of the song, Michael almost sang Marva's part. They sang an extra chorus.
"The Way You Make Me Feel" replaces "Workin' Day and Night".
"The Way You Make Me Feel" begins with the slow intro from the 1988 Grammys performance, which features the 1st verse, and the main instrumentation skips the 1st verse.
"You Are Not Alone" replaces "Will You Be There".
Billie Jean instrumentation is slower than Dangerous or Bad Tour, similar in style to the later HIStory Tour (which used a slightly down-pitched a cappella for playback), but sung live. The dance ending has a repeated snare sound like that from Why You Wanna Trip On Me, similar to the 1995 MTV Awards performance but without the bassline. Future performances of Billie Jean had this snare, but only in the beginning of the dance. Like the Dangerous and Bad Tours, Jackson does not beatbox before singing the final line and throwing the hat.
In "Beat It", Michael sang the wrong lyrics in the second verse. Also, he threw his jacket at the end, which he did in HIStory Tour.
The 1995 MTV Video Music Awards version of "Dangerous" replaces the 1993 American Music Awards version.
Michael wore the golden shin pads in "Black or White" instead of the black ones.
"Heal the World" wasn't performed, but would be present in HIStory Tour.
"Man in the Mirror" ended with a curtain call, instead of the Rocket Man finale.
"Earth Song" was performed as an encore.
The concert included the final live performances by Jackson of "Human Nature", "Jam", "I Just Can't Stop Loving You" and "She's Out of My Life". "Human Nature", "Jam" and "I Just Can't Stop Loving You" were later rehearsed for the 2009–2010 This Is It concert series, while "She's Out of My Life" was rehearsed for the first of Jackson's 1999 MJ and Friends concerts in Seoul, but later removed from the setlist.  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Mar. 1, 1996 he was quizzed by lawyers about sexual abuse of boys.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9Hzuroa4m0[/youtube]

Here an interviewer talks about MJ's difficulty with touring, baby Prince, Debbie, and Lisa, in 1997.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

blankie

• Registered users
  • Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • It's all for L.O.V.E.
July 02, 2012, 04:21:27 PM
Thanks for sharing these  wonderful videos !!!  :icon_bounce:  :bearhug:

Mike.... :compute:...MISS YOU SO MUCH !!!    :bearhug:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
LOVE YOU MORE

July 02, 2012, 04:29:32 PM
Is it this concert:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CIBwReBq6E[/youtube]

That's 100% MJ. If this is the last Dangerous concert, maybe he looked pissed because he just heard he was falsely accused of molesting a young boy. I'd look pissed too.

Yes, you are exactly right Souza...I didn't even realize the timing....what crap he went through. Truly heartbreaking.
Thanks for the post......

@loveunited....maybe this helps you understand whatever it is you saw that made you sense anger from him?  I guess I just saw something different  :icon_e_sad:

Blessings

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions