Michael Jackson Live in Brunei
June 23, 2012, 09:45:11 AM
I was watching some clips of MJ performing at the Live in Brunei show and it seems so much different than Bucharest. I don't know if its just me thinking this or what but I swear its a different MJ than the one during the Bucharest show. At the end of Smooth Criminal the MJ did some figure skater skipping twirl which I thought was weird and during I Just Can't Stop Loving You the way he acted towards the woman singing, he never put his hand on her thigh but leaned on her shoulder.

It also sounded like the music during the Live in Brunei sounded off a bit or the MJ had a hard time singing like sort of being out of tune.

I didn't know where else to post this message.  Tell me what you guys think.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
L.O.V.E. In One!

Re: Michael Jackson Live in Brunei
June 23, 2012, 10:06:41 AM
Is it this concert:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CIBwReBq6E[/youtube]

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

June 23, 2012, 11:02:08 AM
Yeah, this  entire concert looks off to me--- not that it isn't Michael, but he looks PISSED or way out of it: I was trying to look into the story of this concert at one point, but abandoned the effort; maybe time to look at it again. I understand it was a birthday celebration for prince of Brunei; paid something like $17 mil and amphitheater especially constructed for the occasion (maybe the entire cost was $17 mil)--looked at clips of all that at the time. I couldn't actually get through the entire performance, which is rare for me----I just felt tooooooooooooo   uncomfortable; I really felt it had to do with how this performance came to be, but I never did (at the time) get down to the bottom of it.   Anyone else know the story? I get anger from MJ.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

June 23, 2012, 11:03:57 AM
Yes this is the concert. It just seemed a bit off to me like the way he interacted with the woman during I Just Can't Stop Loving You like he had more chemistry with Siedah Garrett during the Buchrest concert.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
L.O.V.E. In One!

sweetsunsetwithMJ

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • Michael I am looking forward to your BAM!!
June 23, 2012, 11:33:31 AM
What is it happening to you guys?!?!?!? This is nobody but Michael Jackson performing as usual, the two only different things were that during " I just can't stop loving you" he never put his hand on the singer thigh but leaned on her shoulder because Brunei is a muslim country so the way Michael dances has a lack of grabbing crotch different from what we are used to, that's all but he is our beloved Michael.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I WANNA BE WHERE YOU ARE!!

June 23, 2012, 11:44:30 AM
If that's what you want to believe thats fine with me. But to me just all the feedback from all the monitors and everything else just seemed off or odd to me. If MJ was the perfectionist I've read about he would have made sure there would have not been any feedback from any monitors during the show, all performers do that in rehearsals and sound checks I'm sure he wouldn't have put up with all the noise from the feedback and the show just seemed like it was an impersonator show and the band that was playing sounded like karaoke music I've heard through youtube.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
L.O.V.E. In One!

RK

June 23, 2012, 12:02:24 PM
This concert in Brunei for the sultan's birthday was the last outing for the Dangerous tour format. Maybe Michael was itching to finish this and move onto the History tour with new set list and costumes, something fresh.
Considering this was July 1996 and History tour commenced in September of same year, it's something to consider. 
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

June 23, 2012, 03:10:46 PM
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I was watching some clips of MJ performing at the Live in Brunei show and it seems so much different than Bucharest. I don't know if its just me thinking this or what but I swear its a different MJ than the one during the Bucharest show. At the end of Smooth Criminal the MJ did some figure skater skipping twirl which I thought was weird and during I Just Can't Stop Loving You the way he acted towards the woman singing, he never put his hand on her thigh but leaned on her shoulder.

It also sounded like the music during the Live in Brunei sounded off a bit or the MJ had a hard time singing like sort of being out of tune.

I didn't know where else to post this message.  Tell me what you guys think.

It is very hot in Brunei.. notice Michael perspiring a lot, he started with less than usual makeup, and less eyemakeup, no lipstick.. there seems to have been sound/tech problems .. the hand on the girls shoulder also could be a respect for that culture. He may have been heat affected and/or feeling unwell ..     L.O.V.E. x
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

sweetsunsetwithMJ

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • Michael I am looking forward to your BAM!!
June 23, 2012, 04:22:05 PM
@LOVESoldier28.....with all due respect if you say the man performing Live in Brunei is not Michael I am sorry to tell you that you don't know who is Michael Jackson at all, I respect your opinion but you are wrong honey, take a closer look you will see MJ in him maybe tired, thirsty, angry or whatever but no doubt is Michael.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I WANNA BE WHERE YOU ARE!!

June 23, 2012, 04:44:56 PM
I have watched this fully, thought about it and really do think it's all Michael.  I actually like it a bit more than the Live in Bucharest dvd I have.  It seems more real, less staged in some way.....maybe because he's sweating, less make-up etc?  He does seem tired, but he seems so comfortable on stage and such the utter perfectionist...the show must go on mentality.  I find it charming and endearing to his personality that he just gives so much on and off stage.  This being said.....I am open to anything and will trust that even if it's not Michael, there's a reason for it.  I just go with what Michael wants to show the world, trust in that. 
A long time ago, someone else here was talking about different Michaels doing different concerts.......it's been talked about a long time.  I just have to trust that Michael has things under control. 

Blessings Always
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

~Souza~

July 02, 2012, 09:00:15 AM
Is it this concert:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CIBwReBq6E[/youtube]

That's 100% MJ. If this is the last Dangerous concert, maybe he looked pissed because he just heard he was falsely accused of molesting a young boy. I'd look pissed too.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

July 02, 2012, 02:14:03 PM
Souza you it the nail on the head.  Certainly reason enough for him to have not been in the best of spirits.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Don't stop this child, He's the father of man
Don't cross his way, He's part of the plan
I am that child, but so are you
You've just forgotten, Just lost the clue.”

MJ "Magical Child"
Still Rocking my World…
   and leaving me Speechless!

“True goodbyes are the ones never said

finfin

July 02, 2012, 02:29:58 PM

This performance is magic, just watch the end of Earth Song to get goosebumps - so much soul - thank you MJ

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTEiUwf5l6s&feature=related[/youtube]
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"Consciousness expresses itself through creation. This world we live in is the dance of the creator." Michael Jackson

curls

July 02, 2012, 02:39:11 PM
^^ @finfin, that just made me burst into tears - I've never heard that ending before. As you say, soul and passion. Thank you indeed (to MJ - and to you for posting it!)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

MaryK

• Registered users
  • Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • The world is just illusion, trying to change you
July 02, 2012, 02:50:49 PM
Oh wow...just wow....finfin thanks so much for posting this.

Never seen that before.

Amazing closeups and yes....so many emotions....must have felt very lonely up there on that stage sometimes though...that´s the feeling I get from this vid.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions