You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Jun 19 2012 9:18 PM EDT 223
Justin Bieber's 'Die In Your Arms' Inspired By MJ Footage
'It's Michael's personality ... it's some really special stuff,' pop star tells MTV News during 'Bieber Live.'
By Kara Warner (@karawarner)  , with reporting by Sway Calloway (@realsway) 

Justin Bieber is the first to admit that there are a wide variety of sounds and musicians that influenced his latest release, Believe. When he stopped by MTV's Times Square studio for the 30-minute special "Bieber Live" on Tuesday night (June 19) — which he kicked off with a stripped-down performance of "Die in Your Arms" — Bieber shared a few behind-the-music secrets about his process of writing and recording the song with legendary producer Rodney Jerkins.

"Before I got in the booth, [Rodney] showed me this hour-long video of Michael [Jackson] footage, never been seen before. It's Michael's personality, him in the booth dancing. It's some really special stuff," Bieber recalled. "So me seeing that, going in there and being inspired and working with Rodney, who worked with Michael — it was incredible."

The 18-year-old also commented on an incredible compliment from Roots drummer ?uestlove, who recently tweeted Bieber's praise in the form of a challenge to his fellow hip-hop artists: "Dear hip hop, why are @justinbieber's drums on 'right here' more crispier & cleaner & louder and better than 96% of what was made in 2012?"

"To hear that from ?uest, he's a legend. I think it's great," Bieber said. "I basically focused on this album for everything to be perfect. To work with these producers that can give me that urban sound but also make it me, that's what we did. I got to work with amazing artists like Drake [who's featured on 'Right Here'], and I feel like the world, I don't know if they're ready for it."

Stick with MTV News all week as we roll out more from our exclusive "Bieber Live" interview!

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

You rocked my world, you know you did
And everything I own I give
The rarest love who\'d think I\'d find
Someone like you to call mine

"Let us dream of tomorrow where we can truly love from the soul, and know love as the ultimate truth at the heart of all creation."
------Michael Jackson

Those who go beneath the surface do so at their peril. --Oscar Wilde

Thank you for sharing this with us. It's interesting (coincidental?) that Darkchild posted an article about Rodney Jerkens (aka Darkchild) and JB :)

I am not much of a JB fan but I do believe that as long as he doesn't lead the younger generation down the wrong path and he doesn't try to be the next MJ (like Usher tries to do) then he should be given the chance to do his thing. I think, however, that he has no originality and if it weren't for the boyish good looks the girls wouldn't be so into him. Hopefully he will learn how to break out and be his own style.

Blessings
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I'm proud to be a child of God and a member of MJ's Army of L.O.V.E.

"Press coverage of my life is like [watching] a fictitious movie...like watching science fiction. It's not true." ~Michael Jackson (2005)

"You should not believe everything you read. You are missing the most important revelations". Craig Harvey 3-15-2012

mjj4ever777

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • BE LOVE..LIVE LOVE! I LOVE you all, so very much!
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Thank you for sharing this with us. It's interesting (coincidental?) that Darkchild posted an article about Rodney Jerkens (aka Darkchild) and JB :)

I noticed the "Darkchild" connection in the last 2 posts from you!  :LolLolLolLol:

Personally, I LOVE Justin, I think that Michael is somehow the "Genius" behind Justin's success! Who better to pass the torch too?... so to speak. Justin has the same ability to create a frenzyand reach the masses, with a positive message, just like Michael use to do. If it is creating  positive energy, I am all for it!!
Michael's influence is EVERYWHERE!! In every form of entertainment possible...Remember this isn't a comeback...it's a takeover, and in the end/beginning...we will change the world, with LOVE!!!

I can't wait...Change is coming, and some socks are about to be blown off!!!

:LolLolLolLol:

Sending you LOVE Darkchild, thanks for posting this!   :bearhug:

Sending LOVE to all of my MJ Family here...I miss talking to you guys!!   :bearhug:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions