You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Why would the grim sleeper be in county jail?????

I asked this of a friend recently.....exactly right, he wouldn't I don't think.  A "county" jail is reserved for prisoners with a short term sentence, waiting to be tried type of thing....not a convicted charge manslaughter and 4 years.

Follow the link to booking details, it won't copy for me.  But, you can see he's listed in the men's jail....or some "conrad murray" is, lol. 

It's interesting to read about the jail.....the "about" is interesting as is the "inmate services"........

Blessings

Sorry I typed in the middle of the quote - this is the revised post  :icon_redface:

No I mean this statement from Murray:  "Murray told his lawyer even the “Grim Sleeper” suspect, who is charged with killing 10 women over a 22-year period, was allowed on the roof last Monday while Murray was not, Wass said."
Last Edit: June 19, 2012, 06:23:26 PM by hesouttamylife
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Don't stop this child, He's the father of man
Don't cross his way, He's part of the plan
I am that child, but so are you
You've just forgotten, Just lost the clue.”

MJ "Magical Child"
Still Rocking my World…
   and leaving me Speechless!

“True goodbyes are the ones never said

Why would the grim sleeper be in county jail?????

I asked this of a friend recently.....exactly right, he wouldn't I don't think.  A "county" jail is reserved for prisoners with a short term sentence, waiting to be tried type of thing....not a convicted charge manslaughter and 4 years.

Follow the link to booking details, it won't copy for me.  But, you can see he's listed in the men's jail....or some "conrad murray" is, lol. 

It's interesting to read about the jail.....the "about" is interesting as is the "inmate services"........

Blessings

I believe he was sent to jail because of the overcrowded prisons. Those with lesser crimes are serving out their time in jail rather than prison. There was a law that was passed to allow this - at least this is what I recollect from memory.

I'm not at all convinced that Murray is there, at any rate.

Blessings
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I'm proud to be a child of God and a member of MJ's Army of L.O.V.E.

"Press coverage of my life is like [watching] a fictitious movie...like watching science fiction. It's not true." ~Michael Jackson (2005)

"You should not believe everything you read. You are missing the most important revelations". Craig Harvey 3-15-2012

bugsy

Wonder if Latoya's twitter and the U has anything to do with the missing u from mouldy? 
La Toya Jackson‏@latoyajackson

GM Guys! ThankU so much 4 the Get Well Wishes! Its so nice 2know that Ucare! It worked! Spreading love is contagious! Let's B contagious

LaToya had a stomach flu.

I'm confused, is that one of the new rages or somthing use a capital U when mentioning stomach flu and the use just previous to that post? if so, I think i lost more than a couple of years of the internet. I am feeling like i'm from the jerrassic era.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"One of the definitions of sanity is the ability to tell real from unreal. Soon we'll need a new definition.
"Alvin Toffler

ooooh, good connections Leilani
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

So now he's playing a word of the day game with other inmates?? I thought he was supposed to be kept away from other inmates :suspect: Did that change? Maybe I missed something  :animal0017:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

emulik

Words in caps besides TMZ: DIE, PRISON, WEEK. I guess Murray's gonna die in prison on Michael's hoax anniversary... :icon_lol: :icon_lol:

:icon_e_surprised: :icon_e_surprised: :smiley-vault-misc-150:  by Michael we can expect everything....

Frank Cascio in his book says that the security chief named Michael JOKER, because he always combining  jokes to all......:icon_bounce:....

.....therefore...... :icon_razz: :icon_bounce: everything can be !!!   :icon_bounce: :icon_bounce:
you are right Blankie  :icon_razz: it is always good to look forward to something, to be surprised by something!  :icon_bounce:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Please do not forget who the driver is! ...:)

MJ will get us home safely! :)

Maybe I'm the only one who thinks it strange that an inmate who has killed over 10 women in a 22 year span is at city jail with Murray???? 
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Don't stop this child, He's the father of man
Don't cross his way, He's part of the plan
I am that child, but so are you
You've just forgotten, Just lost the clue.”

MJ "Magical Child"
Still Rocking my World…
   and leaving me Speechless!

“True goodbyes are the ones never said

MJonmindTopic starter

TMZ
Dr. Conrad Murray is pulling a Floyd Mayweather Jr. -- pleading with a judge to spring him from L.A. County Jail because it's taking an extreme physical toll on his body ... and if he doesn't get help soon, Murray believes he'll DIE behind bars.

June 14, 2012
Floyd Mayweather Jr.'s lawyer asking for jail alteration
Attorneys argued the undefeated champ was getting out of shape in solitary confinement and might never fight again

The Associated Press via USA Today
LAS VEGAS — A judge said she would decide this week whether to ease jail conditions for Floyd Mayweather Jr. after his attorneys argued the undefeated champ was getting out of shape in solitary confinement and might never fight again.
Las Vegas Justice of the Peace Melissa Saragosa made no ruling Tuesday on an emergency motion asking the court to move Mayweather into the general jail population — something that jail officials had avoided out of fear for the celebrity's safety — or put him in house arrest for the rest of his sentence.
Mayweather attorney Richard Wright said he would be willing to have the boxer serve the sentence in an apartment or a site less luxurious than Mayweather's posh Vegas-area home.
"I'm not looking for special treatment for Floyd Mayweather," Wright said. "I'm looking for fair treatment."
But prosecutor Lisa Luzaich said softening the sentence would be another accommodation, similar to when Mayweather's jail surrender date was postponed for months after sentencing so he could fight Miguel Cotto in May.
"They keep chipping away, chipping away, chipping away," Luzaich said.
Mayweather pleaded guilty in December to misdemeanor domestic battery and no contest to two harassment charges that stemmed from an attack on his ex-girlfriend while two of their children watched. He was sentenced to three months and entered jail June 1.
Mayweather's jail stay will be capped at 87 days because the judge gave him credit for three days previously served. It could be reduced by several weeks for good behavior.
In the motion, first reported by the Las Vegas Review-Journal, lawyers said Mayweather's personal physician, Robert Voy, visited the jail Friday and was concerned that the 35-year-old fighter appeared to have lost muscle tone.
Voy estimated the boxer was consuming fewer than 800 calories a day — a drop from his usual 3,000 or 4,000 calories — and wasn't drinking enough because he isn't allowed bottled water and doesn't usually drink tap water.
Mayweather has been getting about 30 minutes twice a day in a couple of barren recreation areas in the administrative segregation unit. His cell, no larger than 7-by-12 feet, has barely enough space for push-ups and sit-ups.
But prosecutors argued he's "deconditioning" by choice and declining much of his food. "He has the ability to exercise, he just chooses not to," Luzaich said. "It's jail. Where did he think he was going? The Four Seasons?"
Voy and Wright also pointed to Mayweather's declining emotional state.
"I am concerned about Floyd withdrawing, developing anger he cannot dissipate through the usual means of dedicated exercise and training," Voy wrote in an affidavit.

My guess is they're saying it's all strategy, "chipping away", at pulling the sympathy card, to get what they want.

CNN
Murray told his lawyer even the “Grim Sleeper” suspect, who is charged with killing 10 women over a 22-year period, was allowed on the roof last Monday while Murray was not, Wass said.

LAPD detectives and District Attorney Steve Cooley may be sure they have their guy, but the trial of suspected L.A.Grim Sleeper serial killer Lonnie Franklin, Jr. -- who is accused of killing over 10 black women over three decades, many of them prostitues, and was recently linked to eight more missing persons -- is moving slow as molasses through what victims' families see as the perhaps too thorough Superior Court system.

Prosecutors to seek death in ‘Grim Sleeper’ trial

By The Associated Press Wednesday, June 20, 2012
LOS ANGELES — Prosecutors said Monday they will seek the death penalty against a man accused of the “Grim Sleeper” serial killings of prostitutes and other women who were shot, strangled or both over several decades in Los Angeles.
The announcement came as capital punishment is coming under increasing fire in California for lengthy delays in executions and for the expenses involved in winning cases, fighting appeals and keeping inmates on death row.
Deputy District Attorney Beth Silverman told a court her office will ask a jury for the state’s harshest sentence if 58-year-old Lonnie Franklin Jr. is convicted.
Franklin has pleaded not guilty to the murders of 10 women and one count of attempted murder.
Most of the victims linked to the “Grim Sleeper” were found in alleyways within a few miles of Franklin’s home south of downtown Los Angeles. Those victims were killed after some kind of sexual contact.
The killings got their name because of a long gap between some of the deaths, which began in the 1980s and extended into the 2000s.
Franklin, a mechanic, was arrested in July 2010 and indicted.
Police have also been investigating him in connection with other murders.
Prosecutors were granted the right to take a voice sample from Franklin. Outside court, they said they want to compare it to the voice heard on two 911 calls.
Detective Dennis Kilcoyne spoke to a group of relatives of victims at the courthouse and said the death penalty is “almost a non-issue” in California because it takes so long for convicts to be executed.
“In 20 to 25 years, when it comes up, many of us won’t be on this planet anymore,” he said.
Last month, a state Senate bill that seeks to abolish California’s death penalty advanced after its first legislative hearing in the Assembly. Now awaiting action in a committee, the bill would put the question before voters in 2012 if it is passed.
A recent study by a federal appellate judge and a university law professor found California taxpayers spend $184 million annually to try death penalty cases, defend the state through appeals and incarcerate condemned inmates. Most of the 714 condemned inmates on the nation’s most populous death row are more likely to die of old age than lethal injection, the study found.
The researchers calculated that capital punishment has cost California $4 billion since it was reinstated 34 years ago, yet just 13 inmates have been executed — none in the past five years.

So June 25, or MJ's 'death' anniversary, they will try to get the death penalty for the Grim Sleeper?  Amazing coincidence! And he and Murray are in the same jail.  I don't know what to make of this.  Franklin's not even 100% convicted is he?
Last Edit: June 20, 2012, 02:07:49 PM by MJonmind
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

everlastinglove_MJ

So now he's playing a word of the day game with other inmates?? I thought he was supposed to be kept away from other inmates :suspect: Did that change? Maybe I missed something  :animal0017:

Yes it did change, because in November he was a "keep away prisoner" in the medical ward. Probably only while he was being processed.

Dr. Conrad Murray is currently being held in the medical ward at the L.A. County Men's Central Jail -- but it's NOT because there's anything wrong with him ... TMZ has learned.

Law enforcement tells us ... Murray has been assigned to the medical ward while he's being processed -- as opposed to the regular holding area.

We're told the medical ward has a "higher density of deputies" -- which means it's easier for officers to keep an eye on a high profile prisoner like Murray when he's in the M.W.

As we previously reported, Murray has been deemed a "keep away prisoner" -- which means officials must keep an eye on the doc at all times, as a matter of his own protection.

There are several reports that Murray is on suicide watch -- but officials at the jail tell us those reports are incorrect.

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
It's all for L.O.V.E.

everlastinglove_MJ

"I may not make it out of here alive. This is a very dangerous place. I'm in here dying. The system is intent on killing me."

When I read this article, I keep thinking about the inhumane prison conditions and MLK's quote:
"The moral arc of the universe is long, but it bends toward justice."

Continuing the Fight for Civil Rights and Prisoners' Rights
By David Fathi, National Prison Project at 3:46pm
In the United States, the freedom struggle of Black people and the struggle for prisoners' rights have long been intertwined. After the abolition of slavery, incarceration combined with forced labor was used as a means of continued control of the newly freed Black population in the southern states, re-creating the brutal exploitation that had purportedly been abolished by the 13th Amendment. Prisoners were leased out to work for private employers; conditions were horrific and death rates shockingly high. Sometimes characterized as "worse than slavery," the convict lease system persisted into the 20th century, and ending it was a priority for the NAACP and other civil rights organizations.

David Fathi is the Director of the American Civil Liberties Union National Prison Project, which brings challenges to conditions of confinement in prisons, jails, and other detention facilities and works to end US overreliance on incarceration. From 2007 to 2010 he was Director of the US Program at Human Rights Watch, which works to defend the rights of particularly vulnerable groups in the United States.
In September 1971, at Attica Correctional Facility in New York, hundreds of prisoners rebelled and occupied the prison, demanding an end to abusive and inhumane conditions. Although Black, Latino, and white prisoners participated in the uprising, it was sparked in part by rampant racial discrimination and race-based abuse of Black prisoners. The Attica rebellion was crushed by police, killing 39 people, but the modern prisoners' rights movement was born, and the following year, the ACLU established the National Prison Project to lead its work in this area.

Much has been accomplished in the intervening 40 years. Overt racial segregation in prisons and jails, once routine, has now largely been eradicated. But no victory ever stays won. In 1995, Garrison Johnson, a Black prisoner in California, sued to challenge a policy of racial segregation in the state's prisons. When the case reached the Supreme Court, the state actually defended its policy, arguing that it had to maintain racial segregation as a security measure, and that the Court should defer to its decision to do so. Fortunately the Court rejected this invitation to return to the bad old days of Jim Crow, and ruled that classifying prisoners by race is permissible only if the state can show that doing so is "narrowly tailored to serve a compelling state interest" – a showing no state has been able to make.

Today a major focus of the National Prison Project's work is reversing the misguided policies that have given the United States the largest prison population in the world, both per capita and in absolute numbers. We continue to fight for safe, humane, and decent conditions for the 2.3 million people behind bars. And we are challenging new forms of discrimination, like the Alabama policy that segregates prisoners living with HIV, requires them to wear armbands advertising their HIV status, and bars them from prison jobs, work release, and other important rehabilitative programs.

As we celebrate Black History Month 2012, there is cause for optimism and hope. After nearly 40 years of relentless growth, the U.S. prison population actually declined last year. And while the burden of mass incarceration still falls with crushing disproportionality on Black people, their rate of incarceration has decreased for the last two years.

Martin Luther King Jr. taught us that "the moral arc of the universe is long, but it bends toward justice." That's true in the struggle for civil rights, and equally true in the struggle for prisoners' rights.

L.O.V.E.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
It's all for L.O.V.E.

blankie

• Registered users
  • Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • It's all for L.O.V.E.
I think.... :suspect: .... Murray is a character now famous.... :icon_rolleyes:  have always said us he is  super protected....to prevent something happening   :icon_rolleyes: ...and now he is sick and no one will care.... :icon_rolleyes:...mmmmhhh for me is all very strange ...  :suspect:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
LOVE YOU MORE

anewfan

leilani....moldy is not spelled with a u in the US. Also...to answer your question as to why people use "u" for the word "you". It's because of texting. It's actually forming really bad habits. I had a student that constantly wrote "u" instead of "you" this school year. I of course made her change it each time she wrote it that way.

"doctor suspects his moldy cell is making him sick"
it seems that he has hard times there...or not. this article is just too unbelievable to be real.. :icon_cool:

Rather a MoUldy cell than a MoUldy cake, at least the cell can't cause anything explosive.

Wonder if Latoya's twitter and the U has anything to do with the missing u from mouldy? 

awww no emoticon with a magnifying glass :P

GM Guys! ThankU so much 4 the Get Well Wishes! Its so nice 2know that Ucare! It worked! Spreading love is contagious! Let's B contagious
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Your true character is how you act when no one is looking.

bugsy

leilani....moldy is not spelled with a u in the US. Also...to answer your question as to why people use "u" for the word "you". It's because of texting. It's actually forming really bad habits. I had a student that constantly wrote "u" instead of "you" this school year. I of course made her change it each time she wrote it that way.

"doctor suspects his moldy cell is making him sick"
it seems that he has hard times there...or not. this article is just too unbelievable to be real.. :icon_cool:

Rather a MoUldy cell than a MoUldy cake, at least the cell can't cause anything explosive.

awww no emoticon with a magnifying glass :P

Thank you for the time in giving me this great explanation.

In the dictionary (american one) I searched for  mouldy to make sure and it did indeed some up with a U included so that's where i thought it was spelt wrong, also comes up underlined when copied.

About Latoya's tweet, I understand the common use of the letter U as a shortened way when reducing characters being used but I was confused about the Stomach flu and the U, I think I misunderstood that being a reference to the U, I just thought the U looked out of place in her recent tweets, but after seeing the Captial letter pattern in earlier tweets, I realised she used Captials when she was shortening her words to the one character I noticed she did it with B U R N and haven't found anymore so I think I just mis placed the connection it was nothing but a conincidence.
And also about Mouldy, ooops. well It was interesting at the time to think it was something which is the fun part
Last Edit: June 20, 2012, 10:24:07 PM by leilani81
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"One of the definitions of sanity is the ability to tell real from unreal. Soon we'll need a new definition.
"Alvin Toffler

6/18/2012 12:55 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
DR. CONRAD MURRAY
Help, I'm Dying in Jail!!!

Dr. Conrad Murray is pulling a Floyd Mayweather Jr. -- pleading with a judge to spring him from L.A. County Jail because it's taking an extreme physical toll on his body ... and if he doesn't get help soon, Murray believes he'll DIE behind bars.

But here's the crazy thing -- unlike Mayweather, Murray's not asking for house arrest (he knows that will never happen) ... Murray's asking to be sent to PRISON, where he believes he'll get better care.

Murray's lawyer tells TMZ, he wants to serve out his time in the big house because he's being treated like filth in L.A. County jail -- getting fresh air once a month, and fresh underwear once a WEEK.

As a result of the alleged deprivation, we're told Murray's health is failing -- his hair, nails, and skin are gnarly  ... and he's been suffering from a constant headache over the last few weeks.

Murray says he's never gotten headaches in the past -- and is worried it might be a brain tumor.

We're told Murray asked to see a doctor, but got shuffled around and has received no medical attention.

Murray told his attorney, Valerie Wass, "I may not make it out of here alive. This is a very dangerous place. I'm in here dying. The system is intent on killing me."

A rep for the L.A. County Sheriff's Department tells us, the department doesn't comment on pending cases.

ah.. this is all an act. i don't believe it. i won't believe it until i see it. and being that i still think the whole trial was fake..i won't believe this. but i will continue to beLIEve that mj's still alive.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

msgitm

If the trial was fake, do you really think he's in jail or prison?  I think not.  Just my opinion of course... 
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions