You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Jacksons
La Toya Jackson Thinks Her Brother Michael Was Murdered
By Ali Trachta Wed., Jun. 13 2012 at 9:35 AM
Categories: Jacksons

La Toya Jackson's latest book, Starting Over, was recently released in paperback. It began as a vehicle to tell the story of breaking free of her abusive husband and getting a second chance at life. But in the middle of writing it, her brother Michael Jackson passed away unexpectedly, and the story took a turn.

The book still contains a detailed account of La Toya's adult life, including the years she spent under the tight control of ex-husband and manager Jack Gordon, how he tore her away from her family, manipulated her and allegedly nearly killed her, until she finally escaped him. But it also details Michael's role in that tumultuous relationship, as well as struggles he encountered late in life, and the events surrounding his eventual death. La Toya claims Michael was murdered, a fact she discusses with us below, in somewhat cryptic detail.
So much has been said about your family, so much has been written about your family...What does it mean to you to speak for yourself?

I think that when you do it yourself, you write the book, people look at it and know your story. Know your truth. Everybody has their own truth. This is my own story, my own truth, and I wanted to share it with the world. I didn't wish to see anyone else go through anything like what I've gone through. I think if I can help save a life and explain what I had gone through, it's well worth it.

You mention you had a special relationship with Michael. Back when you were little, what was that special connection like?

That was a gold bond. It really was. We dressed alike, we did everything together. My brothers, they would say 'Why do you guys always have to be together? Why do you always have to dress alike?' And we'd come down the stairs together. Whenever guests would come over Michael would say 'Let's put on these sweaters!' and we would match and the whole bit.

But it was a natural close bond because we had so many things in common. And I think that's something that you can never break. That's something I cherish. I look back at it now and it means more to me today than it did then, because it was just us.

But now that he's no longer here, for me to share those moments with him, I have to share them mentally, in reminiscing.

You're known to be a pretty spiritual person, and from the book, you say that Michael predicted a lot of things that ended up coming true. Do you think he had psychic abilities?

Well, we were spiritual in the sense of God Jehovah Witness. [Laughs.] It was something we were just religiously so devoted to, Michael and I, growing up. Nothing could really break us from that. It's something people just couldn't understand. They'd say 'Why are you guys so religious? But yet you're in show business. Don't you want to go out and do this and that?'

But we remained steadfast. We just loved reading the Bible and things of that nature. When we were in school we'd sit out on the lawn, and everybody would play basketball, and Michael and I would read the Bible. [Laughs.] We'd put a blanket down and sit down and read the Bible. We're spiritual in that sense but anything else as far as psychic abilities, no.

Children were very important to Michael, which perhaps stemmed from abuses he suffered as a child. Do you think that was the case?

No, I don't think so, because it's funny -- when we're children we see things so differently than when we're adults. And as an adult, when you have children especially, you begin to see, and Michael began to see, that discipline is necessary, and it wasn't as bad as you look at it when you're a child.
He had a loving heart, and he really cared about people in general. He was a humanitarian. What people don't know is that Michael donated, from his personal pocket, 400 million dollars that he gave to charity around the world. That's something that people don't know about, and that's something he did. He went around and tried to help people, and that was the heart that he had.

Do you think that the abuses in your childhood have been overblown in the media?

I think that it is exaggerated when you see it because that's what you do with a story. They exaggerate it and sensationalize it, in a sense, but yes, of course it is.

Don't get me wrong, we got spankings. Well, I got one in my entire life, but my brothers and sisters got spankings. Back then it was more prevalent. People did that. But it wasn't anything bad. It was a form of discipline, but today we don't do that. And now you realize it wasn't that bad, now that you're an adult. I just looked at it that way because I was afraid.

It seems like Michael was really there for you when it came to issues in your marriage. How did he play a role in helping you 'start over'?

Well to be quite frank with you, the first cover [of the book] was with Michael and myself. That's what the company wanted. The reason we went with it was because I though, 'Ok, I have the opportunity to start over, but Michael didn't have that opportunity.' I wish he could have.

What I went through, it was just horrific, it was just awful. And just to know that I was free -- he was very happy to know I was eventually free. He had warned me by saying 'If you don't get out of there, [Gordon] is going to kill you.' He knew so much about this individual that I tried my hardest to get away but I wasn't able to because there was so much turbulence in my relationship that I wasn't privy to or allowed to say, and couldn't do anything about it at that time.

When people are abusing you and they have control over you, they control your thoughts. They control you verbally, physically, and this is what took place -- the beatings and things of that nature. He would tell me, 'Do what I tell you to do, and say what I tell you to say, or I'm going to kill your brother, and I'm going to kill you.'

And I couldn't come and say to [Michael], 'He said that he's going to kill you. I wouldn't do that because he had so much concern about me, I didn't wish to hurt him in that way.

Can you give some detail on what happened upon Michael's death? You say in the book that you noticed some very strange details when you go to the scene. What did you see there, and what seemed strange about it to you?

Well, I know my brother, and it's just something he wouldn't do to himself. So I knew that there was negligence, and that it wasn't proper. It wasn't right. Michael loved life too much. He loved his children too much.
Once I was there I just paid attention to every little detail. I kind of learned that not just from my situation but from being caught, that you pay attention to every little detail. Where things are laid out and how it's done. Is there a drip going this way or footprints going this way. What's on the counter. Does it look like somebody tried to clean it up first. My eyes gravitated immediately towards those things, and I thought 'OK, this is interesting. Someone did this to him.'

Was there anything in particular your remember looking strange to you?

Well first of all, he couldn't have done it to himself. That's number one, because it's impossible. If you know anything about propofol, it's just something that you cannot inject yourself. It's just such a burning sensation. And the minute you take the needle out you wake up immediately because that's the strength of that drug. It acts at the moment. His hands were tied, how could he possibly have done it?

Just overall, you have to remember his body was removed at that particular time. We didn't get there until almost 12 or 13 hours later. But I noticed that things weren't in tact. You have to remember that during that time, the cops were in there the entire time. But I paid attention to the little things. Going from his room to the other part of the house just trying to figure out what really happened here. What took place. Putting the little pieces together that were left.

Do you feel satisfied with the outcome of the case against Michael's doctor?

No, no, not at all. I'm not satisfied with that at all. It's an ongoing process. Of course he got four years, which will he'll serve probably two or a little less. We've lost a life. A brother. A loss that's forever. It's just not fair. It's not proper.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

You rocked my world, you know you did
And everything I own I give
The rarest love who\'d think I\'d find
Someone like you to call mine

"Let us dream of tomorrow where we can truly love from the soul, and know love as the ultimate truth at the heart of all creation."
------Michael Jackson

Those who go beneath the surface do so at their peril. --Oscar Wilde

Thank you for sharing this with us. It's interesting to read LaToya's belief's and also her glimpses into Michael's mindset as a child and young adult. Interesting that she says when they had free time that Michael would not go play basketball but would sit on the lawn and read. Why then did Michael say he wanted to go play but was always working if he would have rather read instead? Maybe I'm reading too much into her comments but I can see Michael as both types depending on the situation.

Another thing I found interesting is this comment:

Well first of all, he couldn't have done it to himself. That's number one, because it's impossible. If you know anything about propofol, it's just something that you cannot inject yourself. It's just such a burning sensation. And the minute you take the needle out you wake up immediately because that's the strength of that drug. It acts at the moment. His hands were tied, how could he possibly have done it?

She says that his hands were tied. How does she know that? I haven't heard that before - is that true?

I admit that I get confused by these continual declarations by LaToya and family. But what she says doesn't line up with the evidence and strange events that have been uncovered to indicate that Michael is alive.

Blessings
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I'm proud to be a child of God and a member of MJ's Army of L.O.V.E.

"Press coverage of my life is like [watching] a fictitious movie...like watching science fiction. It's not true." ~Michael Jackson (2005)

"You should not believe everything you read. You are missing the most important revelations". Craig Harvey 3-15-2012

paula-c

Remember?   Your comment

Mocienne Petit Jackson

Michael did so Math For the Jackson familiy all his life He did Not have the Freedom To life his life,It made him lost a pesch of his Mind,He was Brilaint in Many way,Way dont You say Thank you Michael, and Give him the R.I.P You seems Not to wane give to him,Way are The Jackson Family of Michael so in to the Money. way keep selling him out''agian an agian,Let go You all have hurt him alode.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Love4Michael

Voice...I was just going to post the same thing about that comment...his hands being tied.  I didn't remember ever hearing of that either.  Interesting new twist.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Always reach out to lend support and to help bear a heavy burden. 
There is no greater gift that you can give than your caring and love. 
Spread laughter and joy in your travels and carry love with you in abundant supply. 
Share life...share the world.

hands tied?  Where did she get that from?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Don't stop this child, He's the father of man
Don't cross his way, He's part of the plan
I am that child, but so are you
You've just forgotten, Just lost the clue.”

MJ "Magical Child"
Still Rocking my World…
   and leaving me Speechless!

“True goodbyes are the ones never said

You mention you had a special relationship with Michael. Back when you were little, what was that special connection like?

That was a gold bond. It really was. We dressed alike, we did everything together. My brothers, they would say 'Why do you guys always have to be together? Why do you always have to dress alike?' And we'd come down the stairs together. Whenever guests would come over Michael would say 'Let's put on these sweaters!' and we would match and the whole bit.

But it was a natural close bond because we had so many things in common. And I think that's something that you can never break. That's something I cherish. I look back at it now and it means more to me today than it did then, because it was just us.

But now that he's no longer here, for me to share those moments with him, I have to share them mentally, in reminiscing.

It's funny she tell that...In ''Moonwalk'', michael talk about the special relationship he had with his sister when they were young...But it was not latoya, it was Janet....
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Wow Mocienne - Ebonics 101 here.  It's obvious that she didn't spend any time with Michael lol.  He was all about reading and writing and arithmetic. 
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

MJ "Magical Child"
Still Rocking my World…

MaryK

• Registered users
  • Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • The world is just illusion, trying to change you
Don´t you think "his hands were tied" is meant figuratively?

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You and I were never separate

It's just an illusion

Wrought by the magical lens of Perception

Mary - K , I think you're right after re-reading those passages.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

MJ "Magical Child"
Still Rocking my World…

curls

'My hands are tied' is an expression meaning that something is already determined and there isn't anything you can do to alter a situation.

This doesn't really fit in with LaToya's sentence any more than his hands being physically tied does (or maybe it 'hoaxily' does, in which case he'd 'tied his own hands' by pre-determining what was going to happen that day). I don't know what she means!
Last Edit: June 14, 2012, 10:25:10 AM by curls
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RK

Well well well.....ask and ye shall receive.

I asked when Mocienne would pop back into hoax view on the 9th. :icon_eek:

Quote.." a hand written lawsuit? She mustn't own a printer. Nice shoutout to Front's note Harvey.  I wonder whatever happened to that other nut job, Mocienne Petit Jackson and her court case? Maybe she will pop back up also.....Any news on her Harvey?"
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

emulik

another MJ related article...these late days are really busy, it seems that somebody needs to keep attention to Michael.
La Toya little bit confuses me with her statement about losing a life and brother. She was more positive while leaving the CM trial, when she told us to watch movie Illusionist. But I think we must read between the lines, again.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Please do not forget who the driver is! ...:)

MJ will get us home safely! :)

Oh gosh - it does make much more sense reading between the lines, for sure.

RK - very funny (and true). Please ask that Michael come back NOWWWW!!!! :)

His hands being ties is an expression, for sure and makes more sense. Is she talking current state of affairs?

I'm looking at the "special gold bond". I've never heard that expression before - has anyone else? Is she referring to the color gold or maybe his yellow/gold shirt or his gold pants or......?

Blessings
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I'm proud to be a child of God and a member of MJ's Army of L.O.V.E.

"Press coverage of my life is like [watching] a fictitious movie...like watching science fiction. It's not true." ~Michael Jackson (2005)

"You should not believe everything you read. You are missing the most important revelations". Craig Harvey 3-15-2012

everlastinglove_MJ

It's funny she tell that...In ''Moonwalk'', michael talk about the special relationship he had with his sister when they were young...But it was not latoya, it was Janet....
this is what I can recall from "Moonwalk" too :icon_e_confused:

though I'm also thinking of Latoya's song "Home", which was dedicated to Michael in July 2 2009
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login(La_Toya_Jackson_song)
Last Edit: June 14, 2012, 05:11:37 PM by everlastinglove_MJ
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
It's all for L.O.V.E.

MissG

Mocienne Petit Jackson is anything but petit
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
("Minkin güerveeeee")
Michael pls come back

"Why a four-year-old child could understand this hoax. Run out and find me a four-year-old child. I can't make head nor tail out of it"

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal