GraceTopic starter

The Official BAD 25 Thread
June 08, 2012, 11:26:45 AM
[Edit: thanks for modifying the thread into

End edit.]

If this was posted already, feel free to delete or move.
Maybe we can open a BAD 25 chapter? I have a feeling there might be more around the corner.

You may listen to the snippet on the second link.

• You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login "Don't Be Messin' 'Round" is available for the first time on the re-release of "I Just Can't Stop Loving You" the first of five consecutive #1 singles from MJ's landmark album BAD which celebrates it's 25th anniversary with the release of BAD 25 on September 18th. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login | You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Michael Jackson News  JUNE 5TH RE-RELEASE OF THE #1 SINGLE, "I JUST CAN’T STOP LOVING YOU" INCLUDES PREVIOUSLY UNRELEASED DEMO TRACK  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
On Tuesday, June 5th The Estate of Michael Jackson and SONY Music Entertainment will re-release the first #1 single from BAD, "I Just Can't Stop Loving You", with a previously unreleased bonus demo track from the BAD sessions titled, "Don't Be Messin' 'Round". This special single re-release will not be released digitally; it is only available on CD at Wal-Mart.com, Wal-Mart stores in the U.S. and at other locations worldwide.
"Don't Be Messin' Round" was re-discovered in MJ's personal vault during the research process for BAD 25, the 25th anniversary edition of BAD available September 18th. Listen to a preview clip below.

Are you ready for a feeling time
 are you ready for a good treat
 now there’s so much entertainment
 are you yeah ..in to me

Chorus:
 So don’t be messin’ around, don’t be messin around
 don’t be messin’ around hey hey hey
 don’t be messin’ around, don’t be messin’ around
 don’t be messin’ around hey

If I started now in the deep
 thinking said this feeling is your life
 I’ll be so proud if you let the only one
 that we love before a little while

Chorus:
 Don’t be messin’ around, don’t be messin around
 so don’t be messin’ around, don’t be messin’ around
 don’t be messin’ around hey
 oho yeah yeah,
 oho yeah, oho yeah, oho yeah

Now just started think of pumpin
 to the beat I said let’s movin up late
 she said to keep your mind
 there’s won’t be no romance
 no no mess around with me I..

Chorus:
 Don’t be messin’ around, don’t be messin around
 so don’t be messin’ around, don’t be messin’ around
 don’t be messin’ around hey hey

Full song on youtube:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qxdmR5AtBo&feature=related[/youtube]
Last Edit: June 08, 2012, 02:39:27 PM by Grace
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Create your day. Create the most astounding year of your life. Be the change you want to see in the world! L.O.V.E.
***********************************************************************************************
"I am tired, I am really tired of manipulation." Michael Jackson, Harlem, New York, NY, July 6, 2002
***********************************************************************************************
******* Let's tear the walls in the brains of this world down.*******

Time to BE.

~Souza~

Yes it was posted already, but I'll rename this to the Official BAD 25 Thread. Maybe we could collect all the stuff here.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Re: The Official BAD 25 Thread
June 08, 2012, 12:14:48 PM
I bought 4 MJ pepsi cans!! 2 for me and my friend to drink , and 2 to add to my collection of MJ shtuff.  :elvis-1405:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

أملي هو فيكم.

GraceTopic starter

June 09, 2012, 01:44:56 AM
Collector's edition has a special charm.

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Create your day. Create the most astounding year of your life. Be the change you want to see in the world! L.O.V.E.
"I am tired, I am really tired of manipulation." Michael Jackson, Harlem, New York, NY, July 6, 2002
******* Let's tear the walls in the brains of this world down.*******

Time to BE.

June 09, 2012, 11:46:56 AM

MJ Bad 25 Single Heading For # 1

(9-6-2012) MJFC just learned that Michael Jackson's new single, "I Just Can't Stop Loving You"/"Don't Be Messin' 'Round", available exclusively at WalMart, is currently the top selling music title on Wal-mart.com and has a real shot at being  #1 on the Billboard Single Sales Chart this week!! Sales will be counted 'til this coming Monday at midnight (local time in each market), so please urge everyone you know to grab a single at their local WalMart store or on the website, and let's get Michael's first single from BAD25 a #1 debut!!  #BAD25

Matt Forger, Michael Jackson’s recording engineer for Don't Be Messin' 'Round recently spoke about the new release.

One of the main intentions is to show that these are works in progress. To pull the curtain back. To actually see Michael in his natural work environment, how he directs, his sense of humor, his focus ... His spirit and emotion are totally there. He knew in demos he didn't have to be totally perfect in his execution. So he'd be loose. He'd throw in ad libs and dance or sing or pop his fingers or clap his hands. You just hear him enjoying himself.” Sounds great: Instead of trolling for one more radio hit, as they did with 2009’s Michael — where Akon was pulled in to awkwardly plug in the many holes of maligned lead single “Hold My Hand” — the MJ estate now seems cool with just letting this stuff out, letting it be prodded and poked just as it is. More of that, please.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I'm proud to be a child of God and a member of MJ's Army of L.O.V.E.

"Press coverage of my life is like [watching] a fictitious movie...like watching science fiction. It's not true." ~Michael Jackson (2005)

"You should not believe everything you read. You are missing the most important revelations". Craig Harvey 3-15-2012

June 09, 2012, 11:50:03 AM
I have to say that I've listened to this song a few times and I really like it. It's definitely MJ - no controversy there. I'll be buying a copy or two to help the promotion along. Hopefully others will too as MJ is so deserving to be #1.

Blessings to your day :)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"Press coverage of my life is like [watching] a fictitious movie...like watching science fiction. It's not true." ~Michael Jackson (2005)

"You should not believe everything you read. You are missing the most important revelations". Craig Harvey 3-15-2012

June 09, 2012, 10:51:40 PM
Did my weekly 11pm Walmart trip, and they said they didn't have it there...  :over-react-smiley:

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

أملي هو فيكم.

June 10, 2012, 04:40:19 PM
I know - I had to order online too but it gave me the option to pick up at the store for free. I chose to have it delivered. Here is the link if you're interested. Blessings.

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

June 14, 2012, 11:08:20 PM

Michael Jackson's BAD 25th Anniversary Edition Already has its First #1 Single
The Estate of Michael Jackson along with Epic/Legacy Recordings announce: “I Just Can’t Stop Loving You” / "Don't Be Messin' 'Round (demo)” CD Single Debuts at #1 on the Billboard Hot Singles Sales Chart.

MJ BAD 25 cover/release date 9/18/12
(PRWEB) June 14, 2012

On June 5, the original first single from Michael Jackson’s landmark album BAD, "I Just Can't Stop Loving You," was re-released as a CD Single with a never-before released bonus track called "Don't Be Messin' 'Round (demo)." In its first week this Wal-Mart exclusive CD single was scooped up by fans, giving Michael a #1 debut on the Billboard Hot Singles Sales chart in a top five that includes Carly Rae Jepsen, Calvin Harris, Justin Bieber and Coldplay/Rihanna.
“I Just Can't Stop Loving You” was written and composed by Michael Jackson and performed as a duet with Siedah Garrett. The song became the first of five consecutive number-one Billboard Hot 100 hits from Jackson's BAD album. It also reached number one on the Billboard R&B and adult contemporary charts. “Don’t Be Messin’ Around” is a previously unreleased demo from the singer’s vaults which was recorded during the BAD sessions.
On September 18th, the Estate of Michael Jackson along with Epic/Legacy Recordings will release BAD 25, which includes three CDs, two collectible booklets, and features the first-ever authorized DVD release of a concert from the record breaking BAD tour, the concert at Wembley Stadium on July 16, 1988 attended by Princess Diana, Prince Charles and a sold-out crowd of 72,000 fans.
More details on this and other exciting projects relating to BAD’s 25th anniversary will be announced soon.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

You rocked my world, you know you did
And everything I own I give
The rarest love who\'d think I\'d find
Someone like you to call mine

"Let us dream of tomorrow where we can truly love from the soul, and know love as the ultimate truth at the heart of all creation."
------Michael Jackson

Those who go beneath the surface do so at their peril. --Oscar Wilde

June 14, 2012, 11:23:04 PM

The Estate of Michael Jackson along with Epic/Legacy Recordings announce: “I Just Can’t Stop Loving You” / "Don't Be Messin' 'Round (demo)” CD Single Debuts at #1 on the Billboard Hot Singles Sales Chart.

MJ BAD 25 cover/release date 9/18/12
(PRWEB) June 14, 2012

On June 5, the original first single from Michael Jackson’s landmark album BAD, "I Just Can't Stop Loving You," was re-released as a CD Single with a never-before released bonus track called "Don't Be Messin' 'Round (demo)." In its first week this Wal-Mart exclusive CD single was scooped up by fans, giving Michael a #1 debut on the Billboard Hot Singles Sales chart in a top five that includes Carly Rae Jepsen, Calvin Harris, Justin Bieber and Coldplay/Rihanna.
“I Just Can't Stop Loving You” was written and composed by Michael Jackson and performed as a duet with Siedah Garrett. The song became the first of five consecutive number-one Billboard Hot 100 hits from Jackson's BAD album. It also reached number one on the Billboard R&B and adult contemporary charts. “Don’t Be Messin’ Around” is a previously unreleased demo from the singer’s vaults which was recorded during the BAD sessions.
On September 18th, the Estate of Michael Jackson along with Epic/Legacy Recordings will release BAD 25, which includes three CDs, two collectible booklets, and features the first-ever authorized DVD release of a concert from the record breaking BAD tour, the concert at Wembley Stadium on July 16, 1988 attended by Princess Diana, Prince Charles and a sold-out crowd of 72,000 fans.
More details on this and other exciting projects relating to BAD’s 25th anniversary will be announced soon.

Thank you for sharing this - this is excellent news and I'm so happy for Michael :)

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

June 15, 2012, 08:41:49 AM
Michael Jackson fans are some bad mother ........ shut yo mouf, lol.

I am so happy that it debuted at # 1.  Twitter was on a roll getting the word out. I salute them for all the hard work.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Don't stop this child, He's the father of man
Don't cross his way, He's part of the plan
I am that child, but so are you
You've just forgotten, Just lost the clue.”

MJ "Magical Child"
Still Rocking my World…
   and leaving me Speechless!

“True goodbyes are the ones never said

sweetsunsetwithMJ

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • Michael I am looking forward to your BAM!!
June 15, 2012, 09:13:46 AM
Michael Jackson fans are some bad mother ........ shut yo mouf, lol.

I am so happy that it debuted at # 1.  Twitter was on a roll getting the word out. I salute them for all the hard work.

I think that Michael's BAM should be preceded by a #1 single, maybe "A place with no name" but full version, I leave you here with a remixed version:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EEGIS84cDVA[/youtube]
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I WANNA BE WHERE YOU ARE!!

MaryK

• Registered users
  • Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • The world is just illusion, trying to change you
July 10, 2012, 09:02:57 AM

Spike Lee immersed in Michael Jackson Documentary
Published on Tuesday, 10 July 2012 13:43

New York, NY – It was announced today that Academy Award nominated filmmaker Spike Lee, in conjunction with the Estate of Michael Jackson and Sony Music, is in the final stages of post production of a Michael Jackson documentary focusing on Michael’s landmark BAD album and worldwide tour. The project marks the first ever in-depth, behind the scenes film project to chronicle a Michael Jackson album, and is being filmed amid the 25th anniversary celebration of the iconic album, record-breaking world tour and groundbreaking short films that changed music history. The documentary features over 40 interviews conducted personally by Spike Lee with Michael’s confidants, choreographers, musicians and other collaborators who collectively unveil the real story of this “coming of age” project through their vivid recollections of what it was like to work day in and day out and live this project with Michael. BAD’s lasting influence is captured through interviews with some of today’s top artists, including Kanye West, Mariah Carey, Cee Lo Green and Sheryl Crow, who was a back-up singer on the BAD tour.

The Michael Jackson BAD documentary joins an incredible body of Spike Lee documentaries including the Peabody and Emmy Award winning, When The Levees Broke: A Requiem In Four Acts and its follow up, If God Is Willing And Da Creek Don’t Rise, Kobe Doin’ Work, and the Oscar Nominated, 4 Little Girls. Lee directed both short films for Michael Jackson’s “They Don’t Care About Us” in 1996.

Spike Lee comments, “I’m more than just a huge fan of Michael Jackson, and having the chance to actually know him and work with him, I deeply care about his legacy. With this BAD project I was able to uncover just what made this such a huge, important coming of age in his career and unearth compelling stories surrounding the making of the album, the long awaited follow-up to Thriller – the best selling album of all time - the short films and the tour that may have never seen the light of day.”

Among the interviewees are Oscar-winning film director Martin Scorcese, Joe Pytka and other filmmakers who worked with Michael to bring the stories in his songs to life on the screen through short films that remain today some of the most vivid and creative storytelling by a musical artist as well as one of his Michael’s personal engineers, Matt Forger, who worked with Michael at the recording studio at Michael’s Hayvenhurst home where the songs first came to life, keyboardist Greg Phillinganes, who worked on the album and then the BAD Tour. Also shedding light on the BAD album, short films and tour are individuals like former CBS Head Walter Yetnikoff, as well as choreographers Jeffrey Daniel and Vincent Paterson.

John Branca and John McClain, co-executors of The Estate of Michael Jackson comment, “Spike Lee’s genius as a storyteller combined with his passion and first-hand appreciation of Michael’s artistry makes him the logical filmmaker to tell the story of BAD. We are thrilled to be working with him on this unique project.”

The third and final album collaboration for Jackson and Quincy Jones, BAD launched a pivotal coming of age for the King of Pop as a performer, composer and producer. The album was #1 around the world, made history with five consecutive #1 singles on the Billboard chart, produced ten chart-topping singles, nine ground breaking short films and to date, the BAD album has generated over 45 Million units in sales. BAD was nominated for six Grammys and won two; the album earned Michael the first-ever Video Vanguard Award at the MTV VMA Awards. Songs on the original album are: “Bad,” “The Way You Make Me Feel,” “Speed Demon,” “Liberian Girl,” “Just Good Friends” featuring Stevie Wonder, “Another Part of Me,” “Man in the Mirror,” “I Just Can’t Stop Loving You,” “Dirty Diana,” “Smooth Criminal,” with “Leave Me Alone” added to the CD version of the album once released.

Spike Lee’s film supports the 25th anniversary of BAD, which will also be celebrated with the September 18th release of BAD 25, a must-have deluxe package featuring three CDs, two collectible booklets, and features the first-ever authorized DVD release of a concert from the record breaking BAD tour, the concert at Wembley Stadium on July 16, 1988 attended by Princess Diana, Prince Charles and a sold-out crowd of 72,000 fans. A BAD 25 two CD standard edition featuring the original album plus the CD of demos and new remixes will also be made available as will a stand alone edition of the DVD and a picture disc of the original album. More details on this and other exciting projects relating to BAD’s 25th anniversary will be announced soon.

#WhosBAD
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You and I were never separate

It's just an illusion

Wrought by the magical lens of Perception

finfin

July 10, 2012, 02:31:18 PM
Did you see the snippet of the Spike Lee MJ documentary? Good choice - keep them coming!!

"I'll snap my fingers....then BAM" 

Bad25 - MJ Finger Snaps

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jf_EhlOXKU[/youtube]

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"Consciousness expresses itself through creation. This world we live in is the dance of the creator." Michael Jackson

SimPattyK

• Registered users
  • Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • MJ & ELVIS are ALIVE ~ TRUTH always prevails!
July 10, 2012, 03:47:04 PM
Did you see the snippet of the Spike Lee MJ documentary? Good choice - keep them coming!!

"I'll snap my fingers....then BAM" 

Bad25 - MJ Finger Snaps

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jf_EhlOXKU[/youtube]

aawww! I want mooore!! Where's the rest??
Excellent the part with the finger-snapping! OMG! Soon...very soon!!  :woohoo2:

tks for sharing Finfin :bearhug:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions