Re: MJ Don't be messin' around (full)
June 04, 2012, 04:53:22 PM
The more I hear it, the more I love it.  And I too would love to hear more classical Michael. 
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Don't stop this child, He's the father of man
Don't cross his way, He's part of the plan
I am that child, but so are you
You've just forgotten, Just lost the clue.”

MJ "Magical Child"
Still Rocking my World…
   and leaving me Speechless!

“True goodbyes are the ones never said

skyways

June 04, 2012, 05:03:02 PM
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
An article about....   :icon_e_smile:

Bruce Swedien is On the hoax from the beginning, -- I remember him tweeting that MJ is Alive on first couple  month after 625.@ Did anyone was saving this tweet may be back there MAYBE?

THANX FOR THE ARTICLE, @BLANKIE!;)

Michael Jackson's unreleased song his 'greatest ever work'

An unreleased song by Michael Jackson in which he plays the piano could rank as his greatest ever work, according to his former record producer.

Bruce Swedien revealed the singer had completed a powerful track entitled Don't Be Messin' Around.

Featuring what was described as a mesmerising solo performance, it is expected to be available to millions of fans once the terms of Jackson's estate are settled.

Mr Swedien said of the ballad: "Michael plays piano on it, and it's just beautiful." He added: "Oh my God, there's nothing like it." The possibility of new Jackson music has been one of the most hotly-debated topics since his death.

It has been reported that hundreds of tracks could be available to fans, including lyrics Jackson wrote during the build-up to his planned European tour.

But there has been no substantiation to the rumours until now.

Swedian added: "There might be one or two songs that didn't make it from each album. But they're not finished. There aren't vocals for everything."

The producer, who worked alongside Jackson and Quincy Jones on such successful solo albums as Bad, Thriller, Off the Wall and Dangerous, is publishing a book based on his experiences with the singer.

In the Studio with Michael Jackson, published in the US on July 27, is expected to be a bestseller and is the first on the shelves since his death.

It will take an overwhelmingly positive tone towards Jackson, despite the fact he died owing the author half a million dollars.

Swedian told US journalist Roger Friedman: "I don't say anything bad about Michael in my book; it's nothing but good stuff."

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

MaryK

• Registered users
  • Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • The world is just illusion, trying to change you
June 04, 2012, 05:27:54 PM
Oh so then he actually plays the piano himself.

Interesting.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You and I were never separate

It's just an illusion

Wrought by the magical lens of Perception

June 04, 2012, 07:06:22 PM
I like it, but it's missing something.

Yeah....I agree!!

It's missing  Michael come back  to  dance and sing this song live!   :icon_e_wink:
The music is very cute and catchy!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Tell the angels no... Heaven can wait"!

MissG

June 05, 2012, 10:50:33 AM
 :'( Debussy, My fav!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
("Minkin güerveeeee")
Michael pls come back

"Why a four-year-old child could understand this hoax. Run out and find me a four-year-old child. I can't make head nor tail out of it"

~Souza~

Re: Re: MJ Don't be messin' around (full)
June 05, 2012, 11:05:33 AM
:'( Debussy, My fav!

Love Debussy too.

I hope MJ's classical work will be released one day, I'll buy it.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

MissG

June 05, 2012, 11:24:32 AM
And Chopin I also listen to often.
The first time I listened Debussy I was 4 years old. Arabesque was the theme.

My "OCD" is to eat breakfast listening classical music. Difficult to do so when I am over at a friend´s house.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
("Minkin güerveeeee")
Michael pls come back

"Why a four-year-old child could understand this hoax. Run out and find me a four-year-old child. I can't make head nor tail out of it"

MissG

June 05, 2012, 11:25:44 AM
Wow...just wow....MJ classical work  :'(. This man is a box of surprises. So artistic!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
("Minkin güerveeeee")
Michael pls come back

MJonmind

June 05, 2012, 04:11:11 PM
Quote from: ~Souza~ on June 03, 2012, 01:27:25 PM
I like it, but it's missing something.
It was apparently only a demo, so perhaps more was going to be added to it. My only criticism would be it has a LOT of repetition, which is unlike his other songs. So perhaps that was why he decided to shelf it for a while. He said he did that to many songs that he still wanted to do more to.

His piano strokes are so powerful and confident. I'd love to hear more of him playing piano. Well doing anything --more pics from Front of hands, biceps, etc. :icon_lol:  I'm not fussy!
Is it MJ playing piano at the end of Smile at 3:50?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HsJ7CgmIVM[/youtube]
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

June 05, 2012, 05:35:42 PM
I had heard/read that MJ wanted to do a classical album way back in hoax time, but Everlastinglove, thank you for posting this more detailed description of this person's time with MJ.

I would love to buy the classical music of MJ's if it was produced. I think it would sell well.  I really wouldn't be surprised if MJ had planned all along to get everything arranged with this man, and that through his agents the right time will come for the music to be arranged 'posthumously'. Perhaps the pieces will even become music scores for movies that MJ will direct incognito. Interesting MJ said he was working on 3 projects simultaneously, but I think that number should really be much higher considering the hoax elements! :icon_mrgreen:

Also I've been listening a few times to Dont be messing round, and I can't get enough --it's addictive! :penguin: ;)

There is just so much more to MJ than meets the eye, so much depth, that keeps us mesmerized!

I know in my home city, our official symphony orchestra did a whole concert apparently with all MJ music last fall, which I was so pleased with hearing about that, although I didn't go. So it seems MJ holds respect in other areas than just pop. Here's some of his music put to orchestra.

Also can't forget this:
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  ;D
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Dontwalkaway

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • Don't let go, I don't wanna walk away
June 05, 2012, 07:52:12 PM
Great Song "Don't Be Messin Around".  I definitely will buy Bad25. 

MJonMind thanks for posting the orchestra version of all those songs.  I just listened to the one with David Garrett and it was very good.   The one with Billie Jean, I'll be there, Smooth Criminal. 

Lately, I've been hearing the song "Billie Jean" everywhere this week.  It's strange because the Queen's  (England) 60th Jubilee was this weekend and it's also being reported on TV every day.  It's funny because last year I changed Prince William's name to "Willie Gene".  This was because of all of the discussions about the anti-christ,illuminati, and the Shroud of Turin.

:moonwalk_:      The lie becomes the truth

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"And when that flag blows
There'll be no more wars
And when all calls
I will answer all your prayers"

Chorus from the song "Cry",  Invincible Album

June 05, 2012, 09:37:56 PM
Another article....

The Story Behind Michael Jackson's Infectious, Newly Released Song

Jackson had a habit of writing and recording dozens of potential songs for each new project. This was especially the case for the Bad era, a prolific period in his career. At one point, he considered making Bad a triple-disc album given the amount of quality material. So it's fitting that later this fall, Sony Music and Jackson's estate will put out a full album of previously unreleased material from the Bad sessions. While the track list has not yet been finalized and will not be made public until closer to the September 18 release date, more than 20 new, unheard demos from the Bad sessions are currently being considered for the album. The songs being evaluated include a number of real gems and a few titles previously unknown to the most ardent Jackson aficionados.

Jackson would pull out the song again during both the 'Dangerous' and 'HIStory' sessions. Clearly, it was a song he liked. But it never found a home.

A team of Jackson collaborators and caretakers—including estate heads, Sony VP John Doelp, producer Al Quaglieri (who oversaw the excellent 2004 box set, Michael Jackson: The Ultimate Collection) and recording engineer, Matt Forger—combed through the vaults to see what was viable for the Bad 25 release. The criteria used for identifying potential songs were simple: They had to be recorded during the Bad era (1985-1987), and they had to be developed enough to feel like a complete track.

The Michael Jackson estate and Sony Legacy are leaving Jackson's work raw and unembellished this time around, in contrast to the King of Pop's first posthumous album, 2010's controversial Michael. The tracks will thus be less polished but more authentic, organic and true to what Jackson left behind. Similar to the critically acclaimed 2009 documentary, This Is It, the goal is to provide an intimate glimpse of the artist in his element. The listener, in essence, is brought into the studio with Michael Jackson as he works out a variety of musical ideas in his follow-up to the best-selling album of all time.

"Don't Be Messin'" illustrates this concept well. In the track, we can hear Jackson giving instructions, vocally dictating instrumental parts, mapping out where to accent words or add percussion, scatting and ad-libbing many of the unfinished lyrics. "One of the main intentions is to show that these are works in progress," says Matt Forger, a sound engineer and longtime Jackson friend and collaborator. "To pull the curtain back. To actually see Michael in his natural work environment, how he directs, his sense of humor, his focus."

The finished product, then, is intentionally unfinished and spontaneous. "You can just hear him having fun," Forger says. "His spirit and emotion are totally there. He knew in demos he didn't have to be totally perfect in his execution. So he'd be loose. He'd throw in ad libs and dance or sing or pop his fingers or clap his hands. You just hear him enjoying himself."

Jackson first wrote and recorded "Don't Be Messin'" during the Thriller sessions with engineer Brent Averill. Around this time he was working on a variety of musical ideas, including demos of "P.Y.T." and "Billie Jean." "Don't Be Messin'" features Jackson himself playing piano ("He could do more than he ever really let people know," Forger says.) He also produced, arranged, and guided many of the instrumental parts, including the cinematic strings, Jonathan Maxey's piano part in the bridge, and David Williams funky guitar licks.

Ultimately, since "Don't Be Messin'" wasn't fully developed and so much other strong material was coming in for Thriller, Jackson decided to put the song on the back burner, having in mind to revisit it for his next album. "That was kind of how Michael developed ideas and songs," explains Forger. "He let the song unfold in its own time. Sometimes a song wasn't ready or didn't quite fit the character of an album or a project and it would stay in the vaults. And then at a certain point of time, he would pull it out again."

In this case, the track re-surfaced in 1986, during the early stages of the Bad sessions. Jackson worked on the song primarily with recording engineers Matt Forger and Bill Bottrell in the "laboratory," the nickname for his renovated home studio at Hayvenhurst. As was typical for Jackson rhythm tracks, the song was quite long (nearly eight minutes) in its early phases. "Michael loves a song to be long," Forger says. "He loves it to groove because he gets to dance to it—which is a big thing, because when Michael feels the music is making him dance it means the groove is in the pocket."

Jackson's grooves, however, were unusual in that they often lacked the predictable repetition of much dance music, surprising with strange beat patterns, textures and nuances. "Some of these long versions of ["Don't Be Messin'"] really sound very interesting because there's different things happening in different sections," Forger says. "It's really not like you're sitting there for eight minutes thinking it's terribly long, because things are happening within that length of time that make it feel like, 'Yeah, this is cool.' It's actually satisfying to listen to the rhythm."

Cutting the song down was often a brutal process for Jackson, especially the intros and outros. As with other songs on Thriller and Bad, though, Jackson tried to trim it down into the four-to-five minute range, which is where the new mix of "Don't Be Messin'" clocks in.

Jackson continued to work on "Don't Be Messin'" into late 1986, at both his home studio and at Westlake. However, once Quincy Jones came on board, the serious paring began and "Don't Be Messin'" was left on the cutting room floor. Jackson would pull out the song again during both the Dangerous sessions and HIStory sessions, updating its sound and adding new elements. Clearly, it was a song he liked. But ultimately it never found a home.

The version Matt Forger mixed was the last version Jackson worked on during the Bad sessions in 1986. Forger feels it is the purest, most emotionally satisfying version: "It's exactly how Michael dictated it at the time. It's precisely Michael saying, 'this is how it has to be.'"

The 1986 demo isn't a groundbreaking song. The vocal is only partial-strength, the lyrics aren't finished, and the production isn't close to what it would be had it been fully realized by Jackson and Quincy Jones. However, it is a solid addition to the growing list of quality Bad-era outtakes (a list that also includes "Streetwalker," "Fly Away," and "Cheater"). "It's such a catchy underlying melodic hook," Forger says. "And it has a rhythmic feel that syncopates in such an interesting fashion." In a 2009 interview legendary recording engineer Bruce Swedien cited the track as one of his favorite unreleased Jackson songs. "It's just beautiful," he said . "Oh my God, there's nothing like it."

Like much of his work, the track doesn't fit neatly into a single genre, fusing flavors of Latin, jazz, and pop. With its breezy Bossa Nova rhythm and layers of interwoven hooks, it is a song that easily gets stuck in the head and makes you want to move—yet it also rewards multiple listens with its sophisticated syncopation and complex rhythm arrangement ("Music is like tapestry," Jackson once said. "It's different layers, it's weaving in and out, and if you look at it in layers you understand it better.")

For Forger, working on the track triggered memories of a simpler time in Jackson's turbulent career: "It just brought all the feelings back of what it was like in that era. Michael was just this exuberant, happy person. He wanted to challenge the world and make wonderful, great music."

What was Forger's goal in resurrecting the track?

"Just to make it authentic. Something Michael would enjoy and be proud of. It's got his charm and energy. If people appreciate it and enjoy it for what it is then I'll feel great. All I want it to be is enjoyed for the simple thing that it is.

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
'Money...Lie for it Spy for it Kill for it Die for it They'd kill for the money Do or dare'

Dontwalkaway

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • Don't let go, I don't wanna walk away
June 05, 2012, 10:03:45 PM
I don't know if it's a coincidence or not but Roshashanah (Trumpets) is listed to be from September 16 (sundown) until September 18, 2012.  This doesn't seem to be a coincidence to me because of the importance of the festivals and the calendar.  The Bad25 Album is coming out on September 18. 

P.S.-Maybe he's saying, "Don't Be Messin Around" because you need to pay attention and listen to the "trumpet" (signal).

Last Edit: June 06, 2012, 07:58:27 PM by Dontwalkaway
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"And when that flag blows
There'll be no more wars
And when all calls
I will answer all your prayers"

Chorus from the song "Cry",  Invincible Album

CC

June 06, 2012, 07:54:31 PM
I had heard/read that MJ wanted to do a classical album way back in hoax time, but Everlastinglove, thank you for posting this more detailed description of this person's time with MJ.

I would love to buy the classical music of MJ's if it was produced. I think it would sell well.  I really wouldn't be surprised if MJ had planned all along to get everything arranged with this man, and that through his agents the right time will come for the music to be arranged 'posthumously'. Perhaps the pieces will even become music scores for movies that MJ will direct incognito. Interesting MJ said he was working on 3 projects simultaneously, but I think that number should really be much higher considering the hoax elements! :icon_mrgreen:

Also I've been listening a few times to Dont be messing round, and I can't get enough --it's addictive! :penguin: ;)

There is just so much more to MJ than meets the eye, so much depth, that keeps us mesmerized!

I know in my home city, our official symphony orchestra did a whole concert apparently with all MJ music last fall, which I was so pleased with hearing about that, although I didn't go. So it seems MJ holds respect in other areas than just pop. Here's some of his music put to orchestra.

Also can't forget this:
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  ;D

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Some men see things as they are and say: WHY?
I dream things that never were and say: WHY NOT?

MJonmind

June 13, 2012, 05:12:02 PM
Awh I'm sad. The "Don't be messin" full song has been removed, with only a snippet left. :icon_cry:
Good strategy though, now I'll for sure have to go out a buy it! I love dancing to it!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions