Re: MJ Don't be messin' around (full)
June 03, 2012, 05:47:43 PM
I’ll need to listen to this one more than once and let it grow on me. 
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Don't stop this child, He's the father of man
Don't cross his way, He's part of the plan
I am that child, but so are you
You've just forgotten, Just lost the clue.”

MJ "Magical Child"
Still Rocking my World…
   and leaving me Speechless!

“True goodbyes are the ones never said

June 03, 2012, 05:55:56 PM
I like the song, piano is great. Maybe it's the 'boing' that's missing  :icon_geek:

SNL skit  :thjajaja121: hilarious.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
'Money...Lie for it Spy for it Kill for it Die for it They'd kill for the money Do or dare'

everlastinglove_MJ

June 03, 2012, 06:20:44 PM
@KAP93: thanks for posting the review.

He also stated that Jackson plays the piano on it, a feat that has always been underestimated.

That is probably because we've never seen him playing the piano or other instruments (except "I'll be there"You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login ), which doesn't mean that he cannot or will not play them.

I don't know if I should post it here, but this is an article about Michael's love for classical music and working on an instrumental album (maybe already posted before):

July 10, 2009

More details on instrumental album Michael Jackson started before his death, and his love of classical music

TV and film composer and conductor David Michael Frank may have been one of the last persons to collaborate with Michael Jackson on an artistic project. The pop singer’s untimely death left that project in an uncertain state. Initial reports suggested that Jackson planned to do an album of “classical music” he had written; the pieces were to be orchestrated by Frank. Actually, Frank says, the pieces were closer to film music and would have gone into an all-instrumental album had Jackson lived. The Baltimore-born Frank, interviewed by phone in California, gives an account here of his experience with the King of Pop:

Four or five months ago, I received a call from Michael Jackson’s longtime personal recording engineer, Michael Prince, who told me Michael was looking for someone to arrange some music for orchestra. I thought it was going to be for the tour he was going to do. For the next month or two, he would call, saying, ‘Michael Jackson says he’s going to call you.’

At the end of April, another Michael, Michael Jackson’s personal assistant, called me and asked me to come the next day at 10 a.m. and asked me the make and model of my car. I drove to the Holmby Hills home. I drove up to the front door, and was met by an assistant who told me to go inside. I was met there by a woman dressed like a housekeeper, but with a white turban on her head. She said, ‘Michael Jackson will be with you shortly.’ About two minutes later, he came down the stairs.

I was reluctant to shake his hand because I had heard that he was concerned about germs, but he immediately stuck his hand out and gave me a very firm handshake. He was very skinny, but not the least bit frail. He was wearing a suit and a hat. He was going to rehearsal later for the tour. He said, ‘You look familiar.’ I told him a long time ago I worked on a TV tribute to Sammy Davis, Jr. at Shrine Auditorium [that he had participated in]. I told him I had met him briefly there.’ He said, ‘I never forget a face.’

He told me, ‘I have three projects going on simultaneously.’ One was the tour that the whole world knew about. The other two I believe no one knew about. One was to be an album of pop songs. Then he said, ‘The other one is that I want to record an album of classical music’ — what he called classical music.

He said he listened to ...

classical music all the time; it was his absolute favorite. I was impressed with the pieces he mentioned: Aaron Copland’s Rodeo, Fanfare for the Common Man and Lincoln Portrait; Leonard Bernstein’s West Side Story. I mentioned Bernstein's On the Waterfront. Then Michael mentioned that he loved Elmer Bernstein's film music, too, and he specifically mentioned To Kill a Mockingbird.

I realized that almost all the classical pieces he mentioned are childlike, very simple and pretty, like Prokofiev’s Peter and the Wolf and Tchaikovsky’s Nutcracker Suite. He also mentioned Debussy several times, specifically Arabesque [No. 1] and Clair de lune. He was very soft-spoken when were talking about music, but when he got animated about something, he was very changed. When he mentioned how he loved Elmer Bernstein, and I said I liked the Magnificent Seven score, Michael started singing the theme very loudly, almost screaming it.

He said, ‘I’m making a CD.’ Then his son, Prince Michael, came in, and Michael asked him to find a CD player. Paris found one and brought it in with Prince. Michael played the CD. It was very pretty music. He said, ‘But a section is missing.’ He played a second piece. And he said, ‘But a section is missing, too. But I can hum it to you.’ I asked if there was a piano in the house, and he said there was one in the pool house. We headed out there, but Michael stopped when he saw the dog was outside, soaking wet from being in the pool. He didn't want us to get splattered. It was kind of funny. Michael got another assistant to hold the dog while we went to his pool house.

I sat at the piano and Michael hummed the missing part of one of the pieces. I had taken a little digital recorder with me and asked if I could record him. He was in perfect pitch. I tried to figure out chords to go with it as he hummed. He said, ‘Your instincts are totally right about the chords.’

We talked about classical music some more. I played some Debussy pieces. Michael seemed very happy and I think he felt very comfortable with me. He mentioned Leonard Bernstein again, and I played some of West Side Story. He told me he had met Bernstein once and that Bernstein had said he was a big fan of Michael’s.

Back in the house, whenever he’d go from room to room, you’d hear, ‘I love you, Daddy.’ ‘I love you, Paris.’ They all seemed pretty normal and happy.

Michael was very anxious to get the pieces orchestrated and record the music with a big orchestra. I suggested we record it at the Fox, Sony or Warner Brothers lot. I asked if he could have someone call me to discuss the budget and he said he would take care of it. When I left there were several fans outside the gate.

[Later] I talked to Michael on the phone. He asked me how the project was going and I said I was waiting to hear from someone so we could set the deal. I suggested we could record the music in London while he was doing the show there. He liked the idea. He again brought up Arabesque.

I laid the music all out on my computer and started on the orchestrations. Finally, a week before Michael died, his manager, Frank Dileo, called and asked me for an email with the budget and an electronic mock-up of the music, the costs of orchestration.

Now I have no idea what’s going to happen with this. I’m hoping the family will do something to get this done. I will not bring it up [with them] until after what I think is an appropriate time.

My guess is that each piece would be seven to ten minutes long. [Each one] is more substantial than a song. It’s very pretty music. One piece had an Irish quality about it. I suggested that we could use a Celtic harp. The pieces sound like pretty film score music, with very traditional harmony, and definitely very strong melodies. One of them was a little John Barry-ish, like in Out of Africa -- that kind of John Barry score. I could hear [in my head] sweeping strings and French horns in unison.

I told Michael I was going to use one of Leonard Bernstein’s batons I had bought at auction when we did the recording. I knew he would have gotten a big kick out of that. I guess I still will use that baton if I ever get to conduct the music.

PHOTO OF DAVID MICHAEL FRANK COURTESY OF THE COMPOSER

In honor of Michael Jackson's interest in classical music, as reported by David Michael Frank, here's a performance of Debussy's 'Arabesque' that the late singer apparently held in high regard:
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28Qi4jLtigc [/youtube]

Last Edit: June 04, 2012, 02:38:43 PM by everlastinglove_MJ
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
It's all for L.O.V.E.

June 03, 2012, 07:30:19 PM
@everlastinglove_MJ  Thanks for sharing this article. Interesting story, since he's one of the last persons to collaborate with him.  Sad if he doesn't follow through on the classical album... film music hmmm .

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
'Money...Lie for it Spy for it Kill for it Die for it They'd kill for the money Do or dare'

~Souza~

June 04, 2012, 12:49:12 AM
Yes, I wish they would release that classical album. I'm very curious about that.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GINAFELICIA

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • Playing it safe is the riskiest choice.
June 04, 2012, 01:05:34 AM
I'm loving it! Thank you Michael, thank you for the music!
 :michael-jackson:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

MJonmind

June 04, 2012, 03:34:02 AM
I had heard/read that MJ wanted to do a classical album way back in hoax time, but Everlastinglove, thank you for posting this more detailed description of this person's time with MJ.

I would love to buy the classical music of MJ's if it was produced. I think it would sell well.  I really wouldn't be surprised if MJ had planned all along to get everything arranged with this man, and that through his agents the right time will come for the music to be arranged 'posthumously'. Perhaps the pieces will even become music scores for movies that MJ will direct incognito. Interesting MJ said he was working on 3 projects simultaneously, but I think that number should really be much higher considering the hoax elements! :icon_mrgreen:

Also I've been listening a few times to Dont be messing round, and I can't get enough --it's addictive! :penguin: ;)

There is just so much more to MJ than meets the eye, so much depth, that keeps us mesmerized!

I know in my home city, our official symphony orchestra did a whole concert apparently with all MJ music last fall, which I was so pleased with hearing about that, although I didn't go. So it seems MJ holds respect in other areas than just pop. Here's some of his music put to orchestra.

Last Edit: June 04, 2012, 03:35:43 AM by MJonmind
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

June 04, 2012, 08:44:25 AM
I loved the rhythm of this song. It would be perfect to have the participation of Brazilian singers because it resembles the style of Brazilian popular music! It awakens the desire to dance with Michael about the room!  :michael-jackson:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Tell the angels no... Heaven can wait"!

paula-c

June 04, 2012, 11:27:58 AM
He was very skinny, but not the least bit frail.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

MaryK

• Registered users
  • Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • The world is just illusion, trying to change you
June 04, 2012, 11:43:14 AM

On Tuesday, June 5th The Estate of Michael Jackson and SONY Music Entertainment will re-release the first #1 single from BAD, "I Just Can't Stop Loving You", with a previously unreleased bonus demo track from the BAD sessions titled, "Don't Be Messin' 'Round". This special single re-release will not be released digitally; it is only available on CD at Wal-Mart.com, Wal-Mart stores in the U.S. and at other locations worldwide.

"Don't Be Messin' Round" was re-discovered in MJ's personal vault during the research process for BAD 25, the 25th anniversary edition of BAD available September 18th. Listen to a preview clip below.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You and I were never separate

It's just an illusion

Wrought by the magical lens of Perception

June 04, 2012, 02:24:14 PM
So... Why June 5TH?

About wembley show "Sourced from Michael Jackson’s personal VHS tape, the only copy known to exist".  :icon_bounce:
Last Edit: June 04, 2012, 02:26:18 PM by AnaMarcia
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Tell the angels no... Heaven can wait"!

June 04, 2012, 02:29:18 PM
So... Why June 5TH?

Lucky #7?  :icon_e_wink:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

everlastinglove_MJ

June 04, 2012, 03:11:15 PM
@everlastinglove_MJ  Thanks for sharing this article. Interesting story, since he's one of the last persons to collaborate with him.  Sad if he doesn't follow through on the classical album... film music hmmm .

film music hmmm

:icon_e_wink:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
It's all for L.O.V.E.

everlastinglove_MJ

June 04, 2012, 03:34:38 PM
Also I've been listening a few times to Dont be messing round, and I can't get enough --it's addictive! :penguin: ;)

It sure is addictive!  :penguin:

I would love to buy the classical music of MJ's if it was produced
:beerchug:

There is just so much more to MJ than meets the eye, so much depth, that keeps us mesmerized!

Well said, I agree :icon_e_smile:

Thanks for the links of MJ's music put to orchestra. They are all amazing, Earth song is my fav tho.

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions