emulikTopic starter

SECOND MICHAEL JACKSON SHOW
May 31, 2012, 06:54:49 AM
Director Jamie King is now working on Cirque du Soleil’s second Michael Jackson show, which becomes a resident attraction at Mandalay Bay one year from now. (Jamie directed the first, “Michael Jackson: The Immortal World Tour,” which had its world premiere at Cirque headquarters in Montreal last fall and was at Mandalay for much of December.) He talked candidly with me about the new show’s progress.

”That will be a different feel completely, altogether. I am already excited, but not yet confident. I’ll get there, though. Right now, I’m just excited. I am excited about being here at Mandalay Bay and doing the theatrical version of Michael’s show. I’ve already walked the theater. It’s under construction, but for now it looks a mess. It has much potential, and I am excited for the future.

“There is no official name yet for the show, so it’s just the Michael Jackson 2013 show. We are in pre-production now, and at the end of September, early October, I’ll be relocating to Montreal for about three to four months. I’ll stay there through the holidays, and then we’ll all come to Vegas. I will live here for a while.

“It will be completely different from the ‘Immortal’ show -- completely. This will be a theater show, not an arena production. The entire 90-plus minutes will be different from what you experienced with the touring show. I’ve done a whole new concept and theme. It involves many more characters and acrobatics. It will be much more fantastical and theatrical, with less arena rock ’n’ roll. However, you will get as much of Michael Jackson’s music as we had in the touring show. I’ve kept some magical moments from the touring show I felt could translate here -- some bits and bobs, as you’d say!

“I had to create something new, though, because the touring show will go on for a long, long time overseas while we have the permanent show here. I’ve sort of shot my self in the foot by having two shows for Michael Jackson, and both must be different -- and they will be.”
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Please do not forget who the driver is! ...:)

MJ will get us home safely! :)

Andrea

Re: SECOND MICHAEL JACKSON SHOW
May 31, 2012, 08:31:20 AM
Interesting!  I went to the Immortal show when it was in Mandalay Bay in Vegas this past December and I absolutely loved it.  It would be great to see a different MJ show the next time I go there which most likely will be next year or the year after.  I like that the new show will incorporate more acrobatics because that's the best part of the Cirque shows, it's amazing to see what the human body is capable of.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

skyways

May 31, 2012, 07:52:10 PM
Interesting  that he says
*Preparing two shows   FOR    Michael Jackson *   
and not About MJ or his message or in memory of his art....
Is I reading too much into it?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

emulikTopic starter

June 01, 2012, 01:17:52 AM
Thank you Andrea and Skyways for your replies!
Andrea that must be really amazing to see that briliant show!  :icon_bounce:
"shows FOR Michael Jackson " is indeed interesting saying!  :icon_razz:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

everlastinglove_MJ

June 10, 2012, 04:44:28 PM
This is interesting! Thanks for posting.
As the Immortal tour shows will go on world tour, it looks well-thought-out plan to keep Michael Jackson "alive" in his shows. This 2nd show will be different to re-attract the audience who already got the "taste" of the Immortal tour shows, I can imagine they want to see more.
I haven't seen an Immortal tour show YET, but...I will be there in London on October 19th. Finally :icon_razz:

@skyways: interesting observation indeed! "FOR" instead of "about" or "of"

L.O.V.E.

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
It's all for L.O.V.E.

emulikTopic starter

June 11, 2012, 12:02:14 PM
As the Immortal tour shows will go on world tour, it looks well-thought-out plan to keep Michael Jackson "alive" in his shows. This 2nd show will be different to re-attract the audience who already got the "taste" of the Immortal tour shows, I can imagine they want to see more.
I haven't seen an Immortal tour show YET, but...I will be there in London on October 19th. Finally :icon_razz:

L.O.V.E.

I am happy for you Everlastinglove! it will be great show to watch! I would like to go, too, maybe next year when they come to Czech R.  :icon_razz:
Last Edit: June 11, 2012, 12:52:26 PM by emulik
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Im_convincedmjalive

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • Down Ass G!!! More thaN U know haha! ~Smile~
  • I'm Watchin From -2012- Twilight Zone!:)
June 11, 2012, 12:47:23 PM
Interesting!  I went to the Immortal show when it was in Mandalay Bay in Vegas this past December and I absolutely loved it.  It would be great to see a different MJ show the next time I go there which most likely will be next year or the year after.  I like that the new show will incorporate more acrobatics because that's the best part of the Cirque shows, it's amazing to see what the human body is capable of.

I saw the show in Portland Oregon with my daughter. We loved it. You will have to look me up Andrea when you come back to Vegas. We will have a blast, I can feel it!  :icon_e_wink:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Andrea

June 11, 2012, 01:26:57 PM
Actually Im_convinced, I thought the next time I go to Vegas I would send you a message to let you know I was going!  And I definitely will, that would be so awesome! I have a feeling we'll get along famously.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

everlastinglove_MJ

June 12, 2012, 03:00:38 PM

L.O.V.E.

I am happy for you Everlastinglove! it will be great show to watch! I would like to go, too, maybe next year when they come to Czech R.  :icon_razz:

Thank you Emulik :) I truly hope for you the same. I have wished to see that show so much. There's plenty of time to enjoy in advance :Michael_Jackson_dancing_smile and I've got plenty of time to find out the transfer from Gatwick, nearest hotel to O2 etc and make some sightseeing plans for the next day.

I found some more news about the "MJ 2013" show (interesting title, isn't it? :icon_e_wink:):

MJ 2013 Premieres At Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas, NV, USA
Michael Jackson 2013, which will premiere in Early 2013, is a second Michael Jackson themed show directed by Jamie King, based on the music and songs of Michael Jackson. There is speculation to have 20 of Michael Jacksons songs used in this production

MJ 2013 Creation Team

Founder: Guy Laliberté
Artistic Guide: Gilles Ste-Croix
Director and Writer: Jamie King

LOVE
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
It's all for L.O.V.E.

emulikTopic starter

June 12, 2012, 03:11:20 PM

L.O.V.E.

Thank you Emulik :) I truly hope for you the same. I have wished to see that show so much. There's plenty of time to enjoy in advance :Michael_Jackson_dancing_smile and I've got plenty of time to find out the transfer from Gatwick, nearest hotel to O2 etc and make some sightseeing plans for the next day.

I found some more news about the "MJ 2013" show (interesting title, isn't it? :icon_e_wink:):

MJ 2013 Premieres At Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas, NV, USA
Michael Jackson 2013, which will premiere in Early 2013, is a second Michael Jackson themed show directed by Jamie King, based on the music and songs of Michael Jackson. There is speculation to have 20 of Michael Jacksons songs used in this production

MJ 2013 Creation Team

Founder: Guy Laliberté
Artistic Guide: Gilles Ste-Croix
Director and Writer: Jamie King

LOVE

thank you! I hope you will find out the right way and travel connection to that show! wish you luck :)
that title MJ 2013 looks really interesting! who knows if Michael has fingers in that show..
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

June 12, 2012, 09:17:31 PM
EARLY  2013--- Okay, this is a definate MUST. More coins to the penny jar! I HAVE to go to the premier. Garage sale? Second job? Better start planning................... :multiplespotting:  Anyone want to meet up?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

June 13, 2012, 07:49:23 AM
i would looooooooove to see immortal. can just imagine how amazing it would be!

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
People laugh when I explain. And though they may laugh, that doesn't change the fact that it's still the truth.

Michael is Alive
The end of evil is nigh
Trust in God
The righteous will prevail

emulikTopic starter

June 13, 2012, 02:15:33 PM
I HAVE to go to the premier. Garage sale? Second job?
what about ebay sale?  :icon_lol: it depends on how much money will you need to get to the show. for me personally, loots of money, so better to set up some good money- making plan.. :icon_geek:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal