You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Prosecutor in Conrad Murray case is appointed a judge
May 18, 2012 |  3:03 pm

A Los Angeles County deputy district attorney who helped win the conviction of Michael Jackson's personal physician was appointed a judge Friday.

David Walgren, the lead prosecutor at last year's trial of Dr. Conrad Murray, was among eight attorneys named to the L.A. County Superior Court bench by Gov. Jerry Brown.

Walgren, a 43-year-old Democrat from Calabasas, worked on several high-profile cases during 16 years at the district attorney's office. He prosecuted a photographer accused of trying to blackmail actress Cameron Diaz and headed an unsuccessful 2009 attempt to extradite director Roman Polanski from Switzerland for sentencing in a three-decade-old child sex case.

His greatest attention came during Murray's manslaughter trial, a six-week televised proceeding covered by an international contingent of reporters.

In a closing argument that was widely praised, Walgren humanized Jackson by reminding jurors that the larger-than-life celebrity with a history of drug problems was a father whose three children adored and missed him.

Jackson fans applauded the prosecutor when he walked down the courthouse halls, and his performance sparked Facebook fan pages, including "David Walgren Is Hot."
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Don't stop this child, He's the father of man
Don't cross his way, He's part of the plan
I am that child, but so are you
You've just forgotten, Just lost the clue.”

MJ "Magical Child"
Still Rocking my World…
   and leaving me Speechless!

“True goodbyes are the ones never said

everlastinglove_MJ

Jackson fans applauded the prosecutor when he walked down the courthouse halls, and his performance sparked Facebook fan pages, including "David Walgren Is Hot."

:woohoo2: 'Bringing Sexy Back' Walgren.

Dr. Conrad Murray DA David Walgren ‘Bringing Sexy Back’ To The CourtroomDr. Conrad Murray DA David Walgren ‘Bringing Sexy Back’ To The Courtroom 0 101

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted on Oct 14, 2011 @ 12:00PM   print it send it
Splash NewsBy Jen Heger - Radar Legal Editor

High profile celerity cases in Los Angeles always result in a fascination with the participants, O.J. Simpson had the infamous dancing Lance Ito judges, Phil Spector had his fantastic collection of wigs and the Dr. Conrad Murray trial has the dashing good looks of the Deputy District Attorney David Walgren.

Walgren has impressed courthouse onlookers with his impressive legal skills and professionalism. However, it's his JFK Jr. resemblance that has inspired a YouTube video montage of Walgren set to Justin Timberlake's hit, Sexy Back.

Walgren also has a Facebook fan page titled, "David Walgren Is Hot."

PHOTOS: Key Players In The Trial Of Dr. Conrad Murray

Walgren does have some competition though from his expert witness that testified earlier this week, Dr. Alon Steinberg.

Dr. Steinberg was nicknamed, Dr. McDreamy when he took the stand, and explained to jurors the multiple reasons why Dr. Murray was responsible for Michael Jackson's death. Dr. Steinberg also has a Facebook fan page, "Dr. Alon Steinberg Is Hot Like David Walgren--Or Even Hotter.”

PHOTOS: Michael Jackson's Kids Star In Tribute Concert

Court is in recess until Monday. You can watch the trial live, here on RadarOnline.com.

Walgren is happily married to Deputy District Attorney Nicol Walgren, and the couple have two children.

Take a look at David Walgren bringing Sexy Back below
:

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
It's all for L.O.V.E.

curls

Is it ok to be appointed judge on the back of a fake case???
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Maybe that was the predestined outcome all along.  Present and win a landmark case and earn your seat on the bench.  Who knows anymore?  I don’t put anything past them at this point.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions