I think the burn was not a hoax....Michael really got hurt.  I've been around pyrotechnics and stuff does go wrong...sparks can happen and much worse...even if everything is set up precisely.  Sometimes when the explosives are made, they are defective.  Unfortunately, I know someone who had a large part of his body blown off and it was due to a faulty explosive. 
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bec

Well sure, it has to be believable, otherwise it's not a very good hoax.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Are you entertained?

curls

I would never entertain the idea of the Pepsi burn being a hoax if it wasn't for it being exactly midway in his 'life' - you know, those unbelievable nine-thousand-and-whatever-it-was days!!  :suspect:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

MJonmind

Here we are again, struggling with that thin line between reality and illusion with MJ major events. :Crash:

"There were exactly 9282 days between Michael Jackson's birth in August 29, 1958, and the tragic accident on the set of the Pepsi Commercial January 27, 1984, and exactly 9282 days between that day and Michael's disappearance on June 25, 2009. There are also 9282 days since the Philadelphia Phillies won their last world series when they finally won in October 2008."  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Remember there was a reference to the Phillies one of the paintings MJ had purchased.
Also, 9282 adds to 21 which is 777, so there is the 777 number on each side of the Pepsi fire date as well.

I personally lean towards hoax, again perhaps intertwined with reality somehow--how I'm not sure.

Also, near the beginning of this video a Pepsi connection is talked about which I find interesting:
Roger Enrico is the chairman of Dreamworks. In the 80’s and 90’s he was the CEO of Pepsi. From this time he knew Michael. We all know Michael’s Pepsi commercials. Roger Enrico went 2001 from Pepsi to Dreamworks. Since then till today he remains there. Unfortunately, there is no official link available anymore, but in January 2002 Reuters com. Reported abut a deal between Dreamworks and Michael. I only found the report in a news forum, but they rewrote wordly the report… “Dreamworks SKG has announced that they secured an exclusive music and film deal with Michael Jackson. Among other terms (incl. Sony Projects) the deal calls for Michael and his Neverland Brand to be involved in the production of unspecified amount of movies.
  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Could he and MJ have schemed up this Pepsi burn shocker?

Last Edit: May 05, 2012, 04:00:57 AM by MJonmind
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Andrea

@Bec... now you are making me wonder, if the Pepsi burn was a hoax what I definitely don't rule it out anything could be when it comes to Michael, but...how could it be that Michael was addicted to pain killers due to this fact? This would change the course of the story told by/about Michael !?   :Pulling_hair:   :affraid:

ps: I wish the Pepsi burn had never happened so Michael wouldn't feel so much pain   :-\

I don't believe MJ was ever addicted to any drug. Ever.

Yep, agreed bec.  I believe the foundation was being laid during the Pepsi fire, to create the alter-ego MJ that the public believed to be real.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Niether do I believe he was addicted to anything.  If he was, during the 2005 trials, it would have certainly been a big topic on the agenda.  If I’m correct, there was not mention of Michael and drug addiction during the trials.  That became a topic of serious discussion only after June 25, 2009.  How convenient ...
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Don't stop this child, He's the father of man
Don't cross his way, He's part of the plan
I am that child, but so are you
You've just forgotten, Just lost the clue.”

MJ "Magical Child"
Still Rocking my World…
   and leaving me Speechless!

“True goodbyes are the ones never said

sweetsunsetwithMJ

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • Michael I am looking forward to your BAM!!
Guys, you really are making up my mind, I am beginning to think that Pepsi burn was staged   :woohoo2: and that Michael have never been addicted to any drug   :woohoo2:

Hold on guys...., let's make a party to celebrate it, I am so happy Michael, pleaseeee come baaaaack!   :penguin:  :multiplespotting:  :multiplespotting:  :penguin:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I WANNA BE WHERE YOU ARE!!

bec

I would never entertain the idea of the Pepsi burn being a hoax if it wasn't for it being exactly midway in his 'life' - you know, those unbelievable nine-thousand-and-whatever-it-was days!!  :suspect:

9282 days. Exactly. On the dot. Not off by a day even, exactly 9282 days. =21, 777.

Birth<--9282 days-->Pepsi burn<--9282 days-->Death. You can count it yourself and see, there's no mistaking it.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Are you entertained?

~Souza~

@Bec... now you are making me wonder, if the Pepsi burn was a hoax what I definitely don't rule it out anything could be when it comes to Michael, but...how could it be that Michael was addicted to pain killers due to this fact? This would change the course of the story told by/about Michael !?   :Pulling_hair:   :affraid:

ps: I wish the Pepsi burn had never happened so Michael wouldn't feel so much pain   :-

I don't believe MJ was ever addicted to any drug. Ever.

Same here.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GINAFELICIA

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • Playing it safe is the riskiest choice.
I also don't believe MJ was ever addicted to anything than being nb. 1 but I don't believe the Pepsi accident was a hoax.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

blankie

• Registered users
  • Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • It's all for L.O.V.E.
I also don't believe MJ was ever addicted to anything than being nb. 1 but I don't believe the Pepsi accident was a hoax.

Agree with you Gina  :icon_razz:  :compute:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
LOVE YOU MORE

PureLove

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • To die would be an awfully big adventure.

Agree with you Gina  :icon_razz:  :compute:

+1
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bec

There is physical evidence to support the theory. It's not just pulled out of thin air.

-MJ left the hospital 48 hours after a supposed 3rd degree scalp burn which typically requires weeks of hospital stay.
-MJ appeared at the Grammy awards ceremony 14 days later with no apparent problem wearing a wig over what appears in the video to be a very large and severely burned area that should have required several extensive reconstructive surgeries (think Dave Dave) to heal.
-on the burn video, MJ was attended first once falling to the ground by Miko Brando, MJ's loyal friend, who co-stared with Dave Dave on LKL. Miko seemed to be at the exact right spot at the exact right time, yet he was not supposed to be in the commercial, why was he there?
-MJ's hair appeared completely different when compared pre and post burn on the video; pre-burn he has a very tight, heavily gelled afro, post-burn he has a very dry, very full afro. It's almost laughable.
-it is possible to light hair on fire even with an accelerant applied (hair gel), using live special effects, without injury to the actor.
-the burn occurred on the 9282nd day of MJ's life. With the very next day after the burn being day 1, he died the 9282nd day later.
-most importantly, as a jump off point for his career, the burn incident generated a great deal of media attention and resulting fame for MJ.
-the burn incident generated a huge donation to a children's hospital<-- 'It's All For Love'.
-the burn directly led to the verified media hoax in which MJ was photographed inside a hyperbaric chamber.
-the burn allowed a perfect explanation for the foundation of MJ's alleged drug addiction.
-Klein spoke to the media at length about surgeries MJ incurred as a result of the alleged burn, which violates HIPPA laws but only if what he said is true. If it's a hoax it doesn't violate anything. Klein has not been cited.

I pulled all that directly off the top of my head. I have extensive notes on this I haven't reviewed in months. There is more, including some pretty damning photographs, but there's another thread for that.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Are you entertained?

GINAFELICIA

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • Playing it safe is the riskiest choice.
OK but how do we explain the images we saw, the accident itself? You can see his hair on fire.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bec

@Gina, I posted 3 pieces of evidence relating to the video itself.

-on the burn video, MJ was attended first once falling to the ground by Miko Brando, MJ's loyal friend, who co-stared with Dave Dave on LKL. Miko seemed to be at the exact right spot at the exact right time, yet he was not supposed to be in the commercial, why was he there?
-MJ's hair appeared completely different when compared pre and post burn on the video; pre-burn he has a very tight, heavily gelled afro, post-burn he has a very dry, very full afro. It's almost laughable.
-it is possible to light hair on fire even with an accelerant applied (hair gel), using live special effects, without injury to the actor.

As far as what we saw on the video, I believe, after viewing the video dozens of times, that MJ put on a "burned scalp" head piece when he dropped to the ground. Miko being right there would have provided him with the cover to do this. Miko himself said he placed something over MJ's head (forget what, was it a towel? Like in coroner van video? lol) to "put out the fire" and that was a mistake because it stuck to the wound. Someone else said MJ's hands went to his head when he dropped to ground. Natural reaction perhaps, sure, or was it a slick magician's light of hand trick to *quick* put on the head piece? Either way, it could be done, even in front of a live audience like that. Watch the video again, perhaps you'll see what I mean. The hair looks quite fake.

New possible supporting evidence in this week's news:

Larry D. Woodard, an ABC News columnist, and CEO and president of  Graham Stanley Advertising, called the campaign "innovative."
"Pepsi and Frank Cooper [its chief marketing officer of global consumer engagement] are not afraid to try new things," he said. "He's not afraid to try new and broad and big and bold strategies."

I don't know if someone at Pepsi knew about the hoax or not back in 1983, the quote in this article simply caught my eye.

There's a reason this video was "leaked" in July of 2009. Our attention was drawn to this incident very early on in a very very BIG way. Obviously it's important for some reason or another.
Last Edit: May 06, 2012, 12:03:23 AM by bec
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions