AKHTONITopic starter

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
4/26/2012 12:15 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

A black surgical mask that Michael Jackson allegedly wore the night before he died in 2009 has hit the auction block -- and the bids have already surpassed $20,000.

According to the auction house -- Nate D. Sanders Auctions -- MJ wore the mask (above) while rehearsing for his "This Is It" concert tour on June 24th, 2009 ... the singer's last ever rehearsal.

The auction house claims the mask  -- made of silk fabric, personally designed by the King of Pop -- contains visible traces of MJ's stage make-up along with a strand of his black hair.

One of MJ's former bodyguards was in possession of the mask, and swears by its authenticity. MJ famously wore surgical masks outdoors as a form of disguise.

The auction ends April 30th -- and bidding has already reached $21,190. The auction house estimates the mask will sell for $50,000-$150,000.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
MJ&EP REAL ICONS AND THE REST ARE RUBBISH

gwynned

;D

I love this part.

One of MJ's former bodyguards was in possession of the mask, and swears by its authenticity. MJ famously wore surgical masks outdoors as a form of disguise.

He FAMOUSLY wore them as DISGUISES.  Isn't that a bit of a contradiction.  The mask still has strands of hair on it?  Downright ghoulish I would say!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Well this is interesting......another ploy for money?  Another clue?  Who in the world knows.......here is the actual auction house site:

I guess I'll wait this one out.....no bidding for me, lol.  I have never heard of this auction house, however, they have many cool things on auction right now.  Sort of neat to go through.....
Thanks for posting it AKHTONI  : )

Blessings Always

This just seemed appropriate....enjoy! : )

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fx2ZmhYHxH4[/youtube]

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

gwynned

Well this is interesting......another ploy for money?  Another clue?  Who in the world knows.......here is the actual auction house site:

I guess I'll wait this one out.....no bidding for me, lol.  I have never heard of this auction house, however, they have many cool things on auction right now.  Sort of neat to go through.....

You mean like this one?

The John F. Kennedy Assassination / Lee Harvey Oswald Memorabilia Collection including his Casket & Death certificate Sold for over $150,000

:WTF:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

You mean like this one?

The John F. Kennedy Assassination / Lee Harvey Oswald Memorabilia Collection including his Casket & Death certificate Sold for over $150,000

:WTF:

Wow....I missed that one.....I was looking at the Oscars.....I don't see that one listed....never mind...on the first page, LOL.... Just yuck!!!  Weird!!!!
Last Edit: April 26, 2012, 12:16:18 PM by wishingstar
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AKHTONITopic starter

Well this is interesting......another ploy for money?  Another clue?  Who in the world knows......

exactly!!  :computer-losy-smiley: what's hoaxy here?

yes the song behind the mask go so much thanks. mike behind the mask. which mask? the blond lady mask  :computer-losy-smiley:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

suspicious mind

just saw this and thought i would put it here since i couldn't begin to come up with a short title for a new thread.  :icon_rolleyes:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be shrewd as serpents and as innocent as doves."  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Why not just tell people I'm an alien from Mars? Tell them I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight. They'll believe anything you say, because you're a reporter. But if I, Michael Jackson, were to say, "I'm an alien from Mars and I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight," people would say, "Oh, man, that Michael Jackson is nuts. He's cracked up. You can't believe a single word that comes out of his mouth."

RK

This is the same surgical mask from the body guard we first heard about way back in '09 right? I wonder why it has taken this long for it to go to auction or are they recycling stories. Also the one strand of MJ hair reminds me of the other MJ hair for sale story... anyone else remember the hair supposedly retrieved from the shower drain? Which spins me off in a thought tangent to LaToya saying she took samples of hair from the body at Forest Lawn for toxicology testing.  My thinking's all over the place. Guess I should get some sleep as it is 4.30 in the morning on this side of the world.   
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

~Souza~

Ridiculous, who buys that for that amount of money?? :icon_eek:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tink

The hair off the straight, or curly wig?  :thjajaja121:

This is about as ludicrous as an elephant standing in the middle of the room, and everyone ignoring it.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Black & Proud! I'm like the Oracle/Batgirl, who helps Batman in the comic books. I believe in "Comic Book justice."

@suspicious mind.....how could Obama's admin take the stuff when the guys wasn't convicted of anything..... I don't understand the world sometimes  :Pulling_hair:

@ RK...... I remember this article:

and this auction about his hair:

All these auctions of personal stuff like this is just odd.....why would someone pay that kind of money for that.  Art, music sheets, even hand written notes...maybe.  However, I always think what better use of that money could be to someone in need.....there are children staving all over, people living on the streets, animals even that need homes...better to put money towards things like that.
It's odd to think though, an authentic Michael Jackson mask is the Holy Grail of personal affects for a collector of such things.  It's a piece of cloth for heaven's sake.  Why treat it like gold?  I can get the fedora more....or even a glove maybe....but a mask?   Maybe because it's supposedly from June 24th, 2009?  Don't know....

Blessings
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GINAFELICIA

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • Playing it safe is the riskiest choice.
I can't believe they are serious about this.
First of all, nobody said until now that MJ was wearing a mask a day before June 25th.
Secondly, "personally designed by the KOP"  :WTF:, he's a tailor now?
Thirdly, I get the impression Mike had no make-up at the rehearsals.

And now please tell me who t f is this person:

Last Edit: April 26, 2012, 02:01:30 PM by GINAFELICIA
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AKHTONITopic starter

And now please tell me who t f is this person:

ok his ear tells me it's not Mj
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

blankie

• Registered users
  • Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • It's all for L.O.V.E.
Money...money....   :computer-losy-smiley:...but......  :icon_rolleyes:  lucky the one who buys !!!!  :icon_lol:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
LOVE YOU MORE

PureLove

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • To die would be an awfully big adventure.
The mask has fallen down. It's time for Michael to show up his face!  :icon_twisted:  :michael_jackson-1135:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions