bec

Re: Website after hack
March 30, 2012, 10:44:36 PM
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Hello everyone,

I have the Problem with the redirects too, now when I try to login it redirects me too. I did clean my cache, cookies and even delete
parts of my history. What else can I do? I feel a little bit helpless right now.

Much Peace and Love to everyone.
Souza is way better at this stuff then I am but if you're seriously out of ideas I know a couple other things you can try.

Try downloading a different browser, Chrome, FireFox, Safari, whatever, and see if the site loads on the new browser. If it does, that's your easiest fix. Use that browser for this site only if you want, that's what I do. A couple of boards ago I got stuck like you guys and the site wouldn't load past the first 2 posts on any page and nothing worked to fix it. Finally I just downloaded Chrome and it loaded fine. I was too lazy to switch everything else over so I just use Chrome for this site and FireFox for everything else.

Or... if you run Windows you could always try to use a system restore. Pick a date before this happened when everything was running fine and restore Windows. Then delete the old bookmark and click the new link and bookmark it.

Souza probably has better solutions then me though, do bear in mind, but I totally sympathize with you having trouble accessing the site. Hang in there.

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Are you entertained?

suspicious mind

March 30, 2012, 10:49:34 PM
Souza, I am thinking, suspicious mind meant old forum, which was earlier. There was link You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login. Now it is You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login. Old link worked all this time. Now I tried to go in old link, but it is not worked. Though, old link worked five minutes ago.
yeah yeah what you said. whew glad it wasn't just me  :thjajaja121: i was starting to feel like i was in the twilight zone . :affraid: :icon_lol:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be shrewd as serpents and as innocent as doves."  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Why not just tell people I'm an alien from Mars? Tell them I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight. They'll believe anything you say, because you're a reporter. But if I, Michael Jackson, were to say, "I'm an alien from Mars and I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight," people would say, "Oh, man, that Michael Jackson is nuts. He's cracked up. You can't believe a single word that comes out of his mouth."

Adi

March 31, 2012, 09:39:32 PM
 Thanks bec and MaryK for your advice.

I finally got it sorted! YAY   :woohoo2:

This might help anyone who is still having problems with the redirections:

Yesterday when I tried to quickly click on another topic before it redirected to that Shouthost.com site my Virus scanner came up with a warning about a Trojan called FakeAd. So I did a full system scan and also ran a Malware program over my full system and it picked up 2 virus/spyware called: Troj/Mdrop-DWU and Troj/FakeAd.

So I deleted them and did a reboot then cleared my Web browser cache and cookies again and also did another  flush dns then was able to load the Forum properly and now when I click on the Portal tab it doesn't redirect.

Glad that is sorted.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tink

April 02, 2012, 12:23:56 AM
Safari is working fine, only issues when site was hacked.

Thank you, dear Souza, for all of your hard work. Hackers suck, no matter how you slice it. They do it simply for what they think is "fun," then go onto their next "target."

:bearhug:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Black & Proud! I'm like the Oracle/Batgirl, who helps Batman in the comic books. I believe in "Comic Book justice."

MJonmind

April 02, 2012, 04:07:03 AM
Adi
Thanks bec and MaryK for your advice.

I finally got it sorted! YAY   

This might help anyone who is still having problems with the redirections:

Yesterday when I tried to quickly click on another topic before it redirected to that Shouthost.com site my Virus scanner came up with a warning about a Trojan called FakeAd. So I did a full system scan and also ran a Malware program over my full system and it picked up 2 virus/spyware called: Troj/Mdrop-DWU and Troj/FakeAd.

So I deleted them and did a reboot then cleared my Web browser cache and cookies again and also did another  flush dns then was able to load the Forum properly and now when I click on the Portal tab it doesn't redirect.

Glad that is sorted.
I totally impressed with your computer knowledge. :affraid:  All I can boast about is that I have a son who is 22, and when I’m RE-E-ALLY desperate with my MJHDI problems :Crash:, he helps me out! :smiley-vault-misc-150: :icon_geek:
Not this time but the time before he changed us over to Chrome.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

diggyon

April 02, 2012, 12:54:57 PM
What am I doing wrong??? :Pulling_hair:

I have scanned my computer for viruses, changed the browsers (from Chrome to firefox), deleted all navigation history and still get redirected. I am really having some rough time !!! :screaming-7365: :screaming-7365: :screaming-7365: :Crash:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Together we are strong

You can fool all the people some of the time, and some of the people all the time, but you cannot fool all the people all the time.
Abraham Lincoln

Thank you Michael for letting me discover the truth!

I lost the bet, Sarahli won it! ! ! loool

~Souza~Topic starter

April 02, 2012, 03:42:10 PM

I have scanned my computer for viruses, changed the browsers (from Chrome to firefox), deleted all navigation history and still get redirected. I am really having some rough time !!! :screaming-7365: :screaming-7365: :screaming-7365: :Crash:

Deleted navigation history? Or did you delete cookies and cleared your cache completely? Did you also scan for tracking cookies on your pc?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

diggyon

April 02, 2012, 04:14:35 PM

Deleted navigation history? Or did you delete cookies and cleared your cache completely? Did you also scan for tracking cookies on your pc?

Can you please tell me how to do it????
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Together we are strong

You can fool all the people some of the time, and some of the people all the time, but you cannot fool all the people all the time.
Abraham Lincoln

Thank you Michael for letting me discover the truth!

I lost the bet, Sarahli won it! ! ! loool

April 03, 2012, 07:53:59 AM
It is disconerning to think that ppl would have access to pm. Thanks for raising the Q Gina and addressing Souza. It has been on my mind since I saw the latest on doggies blog...

Wish I never saw that blog. But I have. And it's niggling at me at me in the back of my mind...
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
People laugh when I explain. And though they may laugh, that doesn't change the fact that it's still the truth.

Michael is Alive
The end of evil is nigh
Trust in God
The righteous will prevail

~Souza~Topic starter

April 03, 2012, 08:38:39 AM
It is disconerning to think that ppl would have access to pm. Thanks for raising the Q Gina and addressing Souza. It has been on my mind since I saw the latest on doggies blog...

Wish I never saw that blog. But I have. And it's niggling at me at me in the back of my mind...

The pm's are only accessable if they manage to hack the database. That didn't happen, it was just the site itself, so no worries. The only one who can read pm's are the ones that send them, those who receive them, and me, but I only have access to them if I search through the database, I can not log into anyone's account without changing passwords. Nevertheless, it is always possible that the database will be hacked one day. I do my best trying to avoid that, but I am not superwoman so never discuss personal things in pm here, but use email for that.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

~Souza~Topic starter

April 03, 2012, 08:39:25 AM

Can you please tell me how to do it????

It depends on your browser. Try to do a Google search.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

April 03, 2012, 08:52:31 AM
No worries thanks for taking the time to answer thoroughly. I appreciate it. My last post sounded like I said thank you Gina for addressing Souza lol. It meant to read thanks Gina for raising the Q and thank you Souza for addressing the concern.... I'm tired and all flu'd out my brain is foggy and I'm not making sense

And I do feel better abt pm after ur response, so cheers!!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
People laugh when I explain. And though they may laugh, that doesn't change the fact that it's still the truth.

Michael is Alive
The end of evil is nigh
Trust in God

GINAFELICIA

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • Playing it safe is the riskiest choice.
April 10, 2012, 04:13:41 AM
@Souza there is something I want to say:

Before hack - when I logged in I saw if I had pms. Now I don't see it anymore, I am only notified by email.
You know why?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

~Souza~Topic starter

April 10, 2012, 04:24:45 AM

Before hack - when I logged in I saw if I had pms. Now I don't see it anymore, I am only notified by email.
You know why?

Oh thank you! Same here, I see I have PM's but I never got any pop-ups. I'll check it out.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

April 10, 2012, 07:02:24 AM

You know why?

Oh thank you! Same here, I see I have PM's but I never got any pop-ups. I'll check it out.

i get notification on the panel on left hand side, but above panel, with messages has nothing...

just remembered that one souza, when i read urs and ginas comment. thats one i forgot to tell you about...

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Michael is Alive
The end of evil is nigh
Trust in God

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal