sweetsunsetwithMJ

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • Michael I am looking forward to your BAM!!
AEG Live CEO describes Michael Jackson as forceful businessman, not ‘drug-addled 5-year-old’

LOS ANGELES — The head of AEG Live LLC told jurors Wednesday that he knew Michael Jackson as a sophisticated, forceful businessman and not the drugged-up performer who’s been described throughout an ongoing civil trial filed over the singer’s untimely death.

Jackson was a far more complex figure than has been portrayed during the trial of a case filed by the singer’s mother against AEG Live over her son’s death, said Randy Philips, the company’s president and CEO.

Phillips said based on meetings he had with Jackson in 2008 and early 2009, he found Jackson to be a “sophisticated man who had control of his life.”

The portrait of Jackson that’s been presented to the jury during the seven-week trial has been inaccurate, Phillips said. Jackson was described by both sides in opening statements as struggling with prescription drug addiction throughout his life.

Phillips said he disagreed with the descriptions of Jackson “because he’s been presented as drug-addled 5-year-old. That was not the man I dealt with. The man I dealt with was forceful. Kind, but determined. He was a force.”

Jurors have been presented with conflicting accounts of Jackson, even from Philips. They will have to weigh the different portrayals when they decide who is liable for the singer’s June 2009 death.

Katherine Jackson’s lawyers contend AEG failed to properly investigate the doctor convicted of causing her son’s death, pushing her son too hard to perform and missed warning signs of his health. AEG, however, contends Michael Jackson hid his addiction to the powerful anesthetic propofol and that the company could not have foreseen that the singer’s doctor was giving him the drug as a sleep aid.

Millions and possibly billions of dollars are at stake in the negligent hiring trial.

Phillips said he didn’t see signs that Jackson was struggling with prescription drugs when he met with the entertainer to discuss options for his “This Is It” comeback concerts scheduled for London’s O2 Arena in 2009. Phillips has also told jurors that Michael Jackson never told him he was having trouble sleeping.

The executive has described the superstar as difficult to work with, often changing managers and ideas about what he wanted creatively.

In testimony later on Wednesday, he described having to coax Jackson to a London press conference in March 2009 to announce his concerts. The singer was a couple of hours late, appeared hung over and was concerned no one would want to see him perform.

“He is an emotionally paralyzed mess riddled with self-loathing and doubt now that it is show time,” Phillips wrote his boss that day. He testified that he just wanted to get through the event and forget it ever happened.

The six-man, six-woman jury has been shown numerous emails throughout the trial in which high-level tour workers expressed concerns about the singer’s health, his weight, and whether he was ready for the shows. Many of the concerns were voiced by tour director Kenny Ortega, who Phillips at one point told not to attempt to serve as an amateur doctor or psychiatrist.

Phillips acknowledged earlier this week that statements he wrote to Ortega about Michael Jackson’s physician, Conrad Murray, were untrue. Among those statements were Phillips’ assertions that AEG Live had checked out Murray, and that the deeply indebted physician didn’t need the job.

Murray was convicted in 2011 of involuntary manslaughter for giving Michael Jackson a lethal dose of propofol. Murray is not a defendant in the civil case, although AEG Live lawyers said early they intend to call the former cardiologist as a witness.

Anthony McCartney can be reached at You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Last Edit: June 12, 2013, 06:08:09 PM by sweetsunsetwithMJ
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I WANNA BE WHERE YOU ARE!!

sweetsunsetwithMJ

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
Michael Jackson’s brothers prep for gig with AEG Live as wrongful death suit continues

Jermaine, Tito, Jackie and Marlon Jackson are slated to perform at the AEG-owned Staples Center June 30 — less than a week after Michael’s June 25, 2009, death anniversary — as part of a festival produced and promoted by AEG Live, the company’s CEO Randy Phillips testified Tuesday. As Michael’s mother stands against her son’s “This Is It” concert promoter in court, his brothers are prepping for a gig with the same company.

“For at least the third time since Michael Jackson’s death and the filing of Katherine Jackson’s lawsuit against AEG Live, Michael Jackson’s brothers, the Jacksons, have chosen to work yet again with AEG Live,” Marvin Putnam, the main lawyer representing AEG against the mom, said in a statement Tuesday.

“Most recently, they agreed to perform as part of the BET Experience scheduled to take place at LA Live later this month,” Putnam continued. “In fact, just this past week the Jacksons specifically requested that AEG Live provide them with a VIP suite during the BET Experience.”

Putnam added that AEG Live has worked to put on concerts with Janet Jackson four times since her brother’s death and the filing her mother’s lawsuit.
One of Katherine Jackson’s lawyers said the brothers are simply dealing with a market reality: AEG has a stranglehold on key venues in the music touring industry.

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

blankie

• Registered users
  • Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • It's all for L.O.V.E.
Anthony McCartney ‏@mccartneyAP 1h
Putnam asked Phillips about his meetings at Jackson’s rented mansion on Carrolwood Drive.

Phillips said he was never allowed upstairs into Jackson’s bedroom. He only left the first floor once, he said.

He said he went to an underground room and watched a screening of a film Jackson was working on.

Putnam again asked Phillips whether Jackson showed any signs of being under the influence of prescription drugs. The executive said no.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
LOVE YOU MORE

bec

Btw I think it's time to reopen Back & Front thread since Front is being very reliable lately, sorry Souza I didn't mean to bother  :icon_lol:

Agree, to the 'reopen' bit, though not necessarily the 'very reliable' bit! In the absence of a workable Hoaxbook, he's had to resort to evil Twitter world!

I don't do Twitter so I cannot weigh in on "very reliable" but I'll say if someone wants to back up that statement ("Front is being very reliable lately") with some examples of said alleged reliability, perhaps the thread could be reopened.

You can read it without having to open a twitter account: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  , just take a look,  from time to time Front tweets very accurate info regarding AEG trial.

Yes I know, but thank you sweets. I was just answering the request to reopen the thread by saying if someone wanted to make a case that it deserves a place on an investigative forum again then the thought could be entertained.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Are you entertained?

paula-c

Michael Jackson's brothers prep for gig with AEG Live as wrongful death suit continues Jermaine, Tito, Jackie and Marlon Jackson are slated to perform at the AEG-owned Staples Center June 30

Something contradictory

:judge-smiley:  :icon_geek:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

suspicious mind

why not just open a new thread for the front twitter acct.?  :-[
don't know it there is a category or not. could make a new one i guess. :icon_neutral:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be shrewd as serpents and as innocent as doves."  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Why not just tell people I'm an alien from Mars? Tell them I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight. They'll believe anything you say, because you're a reporter. But if I, Michael Jackson, were to say, "I'm an alien from Mars and I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight," people would say, "Oh, man, that Michael Jackson is nuts. He's cracked up. You can't believe a single word that comes out of his mouth."

suspicious mind

AEG Live CEO describes Michael Jackson as forceful businessman, not ‘drug-addled 5-year-old’

LOS ANGELES — The head of AEG Live LLC told jurors Wednesday that he knew Michael Jackson as a sophisticated, forceful businessman and not the drugged-up performer who’s been described throughout an ongoing civil trial filed over the singer’s untimely death.

Jackson was a far more complex figure than has been portrayed during the trial of a case filed by the singer’s mother against AEG Live over her son’s death, said Randy Philips, the company’s president and CEO.

Phillips said based on meetings he had with Jackson in 2008 and early 2009, he found Jackson to be a “sophisticated man who had control of his life.”

The portrait of Jackson that’s been presented to the jury during the seven-week trial has been inaccurate, Phillips said. Jackson was described by both sides in opening statements as struggling with prescription drug addiction throughout his life.

Phillips said he disagreed with the descriptions of Jackson “because he’s been presented as drug-addled 5-year-old. That was not the man I dealt with. The man I dealt with was forceful. Kind, but determined. He was a force.”

Jurors have been presented with conflicting accounts of Jackson, even from Philips. They will have to weigh the different portrayals when they decide who is liable for the singer’s June 2009 death.

Katherine Jackson’s lawyers contend AEG failed to properly investigate the doctor convicted of causing her son’s death, pushing her son too hard to perform and missed warning signs of his health. AEG, however, contends Michael Jackson hid his addiction to the powerful anesthetic propofol and that the company could not have foreseen that the singer’s doctor was giving him the drug as a sleep aid.

Millions and possibly billions of dollars are at stake in the negligent hiring trial.

Phillips said he didn’t see signs that Jackson was struggling with prescription drugs when he met with the entertainer to discuss options for his “This Is It” comeback concerts scheduled for London’s O2 Arena in 2009. Phillips has also told jurors that Michael Jackson never told him he was having trouble sleeping.

The executive has described the superstar as difficult to work with, often changing managers and ideas about what he wanted creatively.

In testimony later on Wednesday, he described having to coax Jackson to a London press conference in March 2009 to announce his concerts. The singer was a couple of hours late, appeared hung over and was concerned no one would want to see him perform.

“He is an emotionally paralyzed mess riddled with self-loathing and doubt now that it is show time,” Phillips wrote his boss that day. He testified that he just wanted to get through the event and forget it ever happened.

The six-man, six-woman jury has been shown numerous emails throughout the trial in which high-level tour workers expressed concerns about the singer’s health, his weight, and whether he was ready for the shows. Many of the concerns were voiced by tour director Kenny Ortega, who Phillips at one point told not to attempt to serve as an amateur doctor or psychiatrist.

Phillips acknowledged earlier this week that statements he wrote to Ortega about Michael Jackson’s physician, Conrad Murray, were untrue. Among those statements were Phillips’ assertions that AEG Live had checked out Murray, and that the deeply indebted physician didn’t need the job.

Murray was convicted in 2011 of involuntary manslaughter for giving Michael Jackson a lethal dose of propofol. Murray is not a defendant in the civil case, although AEG Live lawyers said early they intend to call the former cardiologist as a witness.

Anthony McCartney can be reached at You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be shrewd as serpents and as innocent as doves."  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Why not just tell people I'm an alien from Mars? Tell them I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight. They'll believe anything you say, because you're a reporter. But if I, Michael Jackson, were to say, "I'm an alien from Mars and I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight," people would say, "Oh, man, that Michael Jackson is nuts. He's cracked up. You can't believe a single word that comes out of his mouth."

suspicious mind

Michael Jackson’s brothers prep for gig with AEG Live as wrongful death suit continues

Jermaine, Tito, Jackie and Marlon Jackson are slated to perform at the AEG-owned Staples Center June 30 — less than a week after Michael’s June 25, 2009, death anniversary — as part of a festival produced and promoted by AEG Live, the company’s CEO Randy Phillips testified Tuesday. As Michael’s mother stands against her son’s “This Is It” concert promoter in court, his brothers are prepping for a gig with the same company.

“For at least the third time since Michael Jackson’s death and the filing of Katherine Jackson’s lawsuit against AEG Live, Michael Jackson’s brothers, the Jacksons, have chosen to work yet again with AEG Live,” Marvin Putnam, the main lawyer representing AEG against the mom, said in a statement Tuesday.

“Most recently, they agreed to perform as part of the BET Experience scheduled to take place at LA Live later this month,” Putnam continued. “In fact, just this past week the Jacksons specifically requested that AEG Live provide them with a VIP suite during the BET Experience.”

Putnam added that AEG Live has worked to put on concerts with Janet Jackson four times since her brother’s death and the filing her mother’s lawsuit.
One of Katherine Jackson’s lawyers said the brothers are simply dealing with a market reality: AEG has a stranglehold on key venues in the music touring industry.

what , if someone can tell work were these fellas doin prior to june 2009 ?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Adi

don't know it there is a category or not. could make a new one i guess. :icon_neutral:

Well there certainly is a Twitter category titled: "Twitter - Not verified but (probably) real"  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login   and there seems to be quite a few un-verified accounts discussed in that category.

Perhaps we can discuss @Frontback777 twitter account there......unless it gets locked in the meantime of course.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bec

Well there certainly is a Twitter category titled: "Twitter - Not verified but (probably) real"  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login   and there seems to be quite a few un-verified accounts discussed in that category.

Perhaps we can discuss @Frontback777 twitter account there......unless it gets locked in the meantime of course.

I suppose there's no reason why someone can't start a thread if they want.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Are you entertained?

sweetsunsetwithMJ

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile

That twitter account can't be verified since the person that runs that twitter.... you know what I mean  :icon_geek:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

paula-c

Cont'd: AEG has threatened in open Court to bring out "ugly stuff" about Michael. It is unfortunate that AEG cannot act civilly

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

paula-c

Phillips explained when he received email from Kathy Jorrie questioning Dr. Tohme he forwarded it to Peter Lopez, MJ's attorney at the time.

Phillips said John Branca had been hired by MJ on June 18th, two days prior to the 20th meeting

Branca and López were working for Michael
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

suspicious mind

One of Katherine Jackson’s lawyers said the brothers are simply dealing with a market reality: AEG has a stranglehold on key venues in the music touring in
dustry.

what , if someone can tell work were these fellas doin prior to june 2009 ?

wonder if it can be determined if this statement is true or false?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Paula-c, one of the tweets from Anthony Mccartney (right after Phillips made that statement about Michael hiring Branca) made a point to mention that Katherine shook her head the same time Randy said that.  I posted a reply about this somewhere back, I believe it may have been in this thread.  I myself do not believe Randy Phillips, he has been proven to contradict himself during this trial and the statements he made while being interviewed back in 2009.  He has changed his statements several times, and I believe his statements are based on covering up his and AEG's behind from any wrongdoing.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions