bec

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
ABC7 Court News ‏@ABC7Courts 2h
Defendants attorney told the judge they would like to limit the number of family member in the courtroom, since they are potential witnesses

::)

Odd... I thought they had already done that. Katharine & one family member are allowed to be there each day. Seems like AEG does not want anyone from Michael's family there.

Same thing happened during MJ's 2005 trial. Jackson's were only given 2 seats each day of court because so many press and onlookers packed the courtroom, there wasn't enough room for all MJ's siblings that wanted to attend. Nice.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Are you entertained?

MJonmind

Something smells fishy. Another link between Elvis's and MJ's deaths-- Gongaware?  Full circle?

ABC7 Court News ‏@ABC7Courts 8h
Gongaware replied to a condolences' email on July 5, 2009: "I was working on the Elvis tour when he died, so I kind of knew what to expect."
Expand
Gongaware said he worked on Elvis Presley tour. Panish asked if Elvis died of drug overdose, and Gongaware said yes.
Expand   Reply  Retweet  Favorite   More
Gongaware has toured with Beach Boys, Led Zeppelin and is currently on your with The Rolling Stones. He worked for Jerry Weintraub in 80s
And then,
ABC7 Court News ‏@ABC7Courts 9h
When Gongaware met Jackson was with Colonel Parker (Elvis' manager) in Las Vegas. MJ wanted to meet the Colonel.
Didn't Elvis say this Colonel guy was evil and controlling?
Last Edit: May 28, 2013, 11:59:14 PM by MJonmind
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Promoter: 'I kind of knew what was going to happen' to Michael Jackson

Los Angeles (CNN) -- AEG Live co-CEO Paul Gongaware, whose career as a concert promoter started with Elvis Presley's last tour, testified Tuesday about Michael Jackson's final days.

"I was working on the Elvis tour when he died so I kind of knew what to expect," Gongaware wrote in an e-mail to a friend two weeks after Jackson died. "Still quite a shock."

Gongaware, who was one of the top producers of Jackson's comeback concerts, is expected to be on the witness stand for several days in the fifth week of the Michael Jackson wrongful death trial.

Janet Jackson, the late singer's youngest sister, made her first appearance in the Los Angeles courtroom, sitting next to her mother, Katherine Jackson. Sister Rebbie and brother Randy Jackson are in the courthouse but are not allowed to view the testimony because the judge has limited the family to one sibling at a time in court.

Jackson's mother and children are suing AEG Live for liability in the pop icon's death, accusing the concert promoter of negligently hiring, retaining or supervising Dr. Conrad Murray, the physician convicted of involuntary manslaughter.

AEG lawyers contend that Michael Jackson chose, hired and supervised Murray and that his bad decisions were fueled by a drug addiction their executives had no way of knowing about.

AEG exec called Jackson "freak" before signing concert contract

The Elvis connection

Elvis' name came up as Jackson lawyer Brian Panish questioned Gongaware about his knowledge of drug use during concert tours. He should have been able to recognize red flags signaling Jackson's drug use because of his experience with Presley and his time as Jackson's tour manager in the 1990s, the Jacksons contend.

"I kind of knew what was going to happen, yes," Gongaware testified. Panish then showed jurors the e-mail in which he made a similar statement.
Van Halen on Michael Jackson: Sweet guy
Jackson wrongful death trial under way
Jackson family wants AEG to pay
Mesereau: AEG arguments may backfire

When Gongaware was managing Jackson's 1993 tour, he warned the tour doctor "Don't be a Dr. Nick" -- a reference to Presley's last physician -- the doctor testified in a deposition.

"Dr. Nick was the doctor whose overprescription of drugs to Elvis had led to Elvis' death," according to a court filing by lawyers for the Jackson family.

Presley collapsed in the bathroom of his Memphis, Tennessee, mansion -- Graceland -- on August 16, 1977, at age 42. While his death was ruled the result of an irregular heartbeat, the autopsy report was sealed amid accusations that the abuse of prescription drugs caused the problem.

"Dr. Nick" -- Dr. George Nichopoulos -- said later he was treating Presley for insomnia. He was charged with overprescribing drugs to Presley, but he was acquitted. He later lost his medical license in another case.

Jackson died on June 25, 2009, at age 50. The coroner ruled his death was caused by a fatal combination of sedatives and the surgical anesthetic propofol. Murray told investigators he gave Jackson nightly infusions of propofol to treat his insomnia. He was convicted of involuntary manslaughter, sentenced to four years in prison and stripped of his medical license.

Sweet controversy at Jackson death trial

Gongaware was with Presley manager Col. Tom Parker when he first met Jackson in Las Vegas, he testified.

The Jackson lawyers are using Gongaware's Elvis and "Dr. Nick" reference to argue that "AEG knew Jackson had suffered chronic substance abuse and drug dependency problems for many years."

"Shortly after he joined the 'Dangerous' tour in 1993, Dr. Finkelstein was asked to treat Jackson for pain," the Jackson filing said, referring to Dr. Stuart Finkelstein, a doctor on the 1993 tour.

"Having observed signs of opiate addiction in Jackson, Dr. Finkelstein nonetheless administered Demerol by injection, and administered morphine intravenously in Jackson's Bangkok hotel room for 24 hours."

After that, Finkelstein told Gongaware "he thought Jackson had an opiate dependency problem," the filing said.

"For three and a half months, the 'Dangerous' tour continued," it said. "Another doctor attended Jackson regularly, on one occasion breaking into Dr. Finkelstein's bag to get opiates to administer to Jackson. Gongaware was there the whole time, in charge of tour logistics, aware of the various physicians present, and he discussed with Dr. Finkelstein Jackson's opiate problem."

When Gongaware warned Dr. Finkelstein, whom the brief described as his "close friend," not to become Jackson's "Dr. Nick," he was "warning me, you know, don't get all infatuated where you start administering meds to a rock star and have the rock star overdose and die on you," Dr. Finkelstein testified.

Despite working as a tour promoter for 37 years -- including for Led Zeppelin, the Grateful Dead and many others -- Gongaware testified that the only artist he ever knew that was using drug on tour was Rick James.

Gongaware is currently the tour manager for the Rolling Stones North American tour.

Fooling Mikey?

Jurors were shown several e-mails from Gongaware that Jackson lawyers suggested were evidence that AEG Live deliberately misled Jackson about how much money he would make from his comeback concerts and how many days he would have to rest between shows.

Gongaware wrote to his boss, AEG Live President Randy Phillips, that they should present gross ticket sales numbers to Jackson, not the percentage of the net profits, during contract talks. "Maybe gross is a better number to throw around if we use numbers with Mikey listening," his e-mail said.

He sent an e-mail to his assistant in March 2009 suggesting that she design a concert calendar for Jackson using light tan colors for show dates, while drawing attention to his rest days.

"I don't want the shows to stand out so much when MJ looks at it. Less contrast between work and off. Maybe off days in a contrasting soft color. Put 'OFF' in each off day after July 8, as well. Figure it out so it looks like he's not working so much."

Under questioning Tuesday, Gongaware said he "wasn't trying to fool him. I wanted to present it in the best possible light."

The 'smoking gun'

Gongaware is also a key witness because he wrote what Jackson's lawyers call the "smoking gun" e-mail which they argue shows AEG Live executives used Murray's fear of losing his lucrative job as Jackson's personal physician to pressure him to have Jackson ready for rehearsals despite his fragile health.

Gongaware's e-mail to show director Kenny Ortega, sent 11 days before Jackson's death, addressed concerns that Murray had kept Jackson from a rehearsal the day before: "We want to remind (Murray) that it is AEG, not MJ, who is paying his salary. We want to remind him what is expected of him." Gongaware, in a video deposition played in court on the first day of the trial, said he could not remember writing the e-mail.

E-mails become key

"They put Dr. Murray in a position where if he said Michael can't go or can't play, if he said I can't give you those drugs, then he doesn't get paid," Jackson lawyer Brian Panish told jurors in his opening statements.

AEG lawyer Marvin Putnam said in his opening statement that Gongaware and other AEG executives had no way of knowing about Jackson's use of propofol to sleep.

"AEG knew nothing about this decade-long propofol use," Putnam said. "They were a concert promoter. How could they know?"

Gongaware will also face questions about an e-mail in which he seemed to question Jackson's commitment to his "This Is It" tour.

"We cannot be forced into stopping this, which MJ will try to do because he is lazy and constantly changes his mind to fit his immediate wants," he wrote to AEG's Phillips.

Jackson makeup artist Karen Faye testified earlier abut an incident in which Gongaware became frustrated because Jackson locked himself in a bathroom at his home, refusing to leave for rehearsals at the Forum. Gongaware was "angry and kind of desperate to get Michael to the Forum," Faye said.

She overheard Gongaware screaming on the phone at Jackson's security guard, telling him "to get him out of the bathroom. Do you have a key? Do whatever it takes."

Choreographer: AEG considered 'pulling the plug' on Jackson comeback

'Trouble at the Front'

Jackson lawyers are also expected to ask Gongaware about e-mails he received that raised questions about Jackson's health in the last weeks of his life.

"This Is It" production director John "Bugzee" Houghdahl wrote to him on June 19, 2009 -- six days before Jackson died -- "I have watched him deteriorate in front of my eyes over the last 8 weeks. He was able to do multiple 360 spins back in April. He'd fall on his ass if he tried now."

Houghdahl's e-mail, titled "trouble at the Front" was written after Ortega sent Jackson home from a rehearsal because of his strange behavior.

"He was a basket case and Kenny was concerned he would embarrass himself on stage, or worse yet -- get hurt," Houghdahl wrote. "The company is rehearsing right now, but the DOUBT is pervasive."

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I actually posted something that would probably be more appropriate to post here.

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
EndlesslovetoMJ

curls

And just how were they planning to do a MJ concert series without Michael Jackson? They definitely seem to be all talk and attempt to bully people into contracts.

@bonnie, from the date of the email (Feb 27), I take it they were discussing the O2 announcement (going to London with or without MJ), not the actual concerts. Paving the way maybe for revealing later that a double had to be used because MJ is so damn lazy!  :icon_lol:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

iLoveyoumore

IDK if we are allowed to talk about twitter Front here but he just predicted what Katherine was wearing at court. I'm Smoothie.
I thought I'd share  :) I don't know if that means he's the real Front or maybe he just happened to be in LA and saw Katherine before ABC7 news.
Last Edit: May 29, 2013, 01:22:05 PM by Loveyoumore.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm invincible, I've been through it all. You can't hurt me. Knock me down, I get back up." –Michael Jackson

paula-c

Yes, we have VERBAL 

In present time?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

everlastinglove_MJ

"I certainly feel Dr. Murray should be competent to do that (be a nutritionist). He's a doctor!" Gongaware testified.

Those are assumptions, AEG not checking Murray's competence on nutrition means lack of responsibility.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
It's all for L.O.V.E.

iLoveyoumore

who's David Loughner... never heard of him

now he is trying to blame Kenny
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm invincible, I've been through it all. You can't hurt me. Knock me down, I get back up." –Michael Jackson

"I was working on the Elvis tour when he died so I kind of knew what to expect," Gongaware wrote in an e-mail to a friend two weeks after Jackson died. "Still quite a shock."

With the Elvis connection being brought up in the trial, I think Michael wants to bring attention to the fact that these people have been doing this for a very long time, going as far back as Elvis, this is how they've been treating artists all along and they are the same people then and now.
"They" have continually been cheating artists, lying to them, twisting the truth and manipulating numbers (sales figures, tickets sold and so on), treating artists only as a means for profit not as human beings, controlling artists lives including their personal and family situations, and please feel free to add anything else that I've missed. This has been going on for decades and these people who feed off of artists and have all their power because of artists, are never caught and continue with their ruthless and deceitful ways while the artists are set up to die of "drug overdoses".

Has this ever been done before? Where a company as powerful and as large as AEG Live is on trial for mistreating an artist?  I hope to God that Michael is making an example of AEG Live with this trial, and may be Sony, because in my heart I feel that he DID outsmart them and no one is capable of changing  the music industry and the world to the better like he is.....

P.S. Remember his recently released manifesto?  I think he is continuing to do what he said he would....
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

blankie

• Registered users
  • Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • It's all for L.O.V.E.
Elvis connection, for me,  is a Michael's clue for us 

I founf this....

Dr Murray's defence team demands more tests on the dead singer

Michael Jackson body may have to be exhumed as part of the ongoing involuntary manslaughter charges against Dr Conrad Murray – the doctor who’s been accused of killing the singer last June with an overdose of the sedative Propofol.

The doctor’s defence lawyers want to prove that Michael could have died from sustained drug and may demand his body be dug up for new tests ahead of Murray’s trial next year.

"This is a horrifying situation the family have been dreading,” revealed a friend of the Jackson family. “They laid Michael to rest and for him to return is just sick."

Murray’s lead attorney Ed Chernoff has already been given permission to retest tissue samples taken from Michael when he died last year. The Jackson family friend added: “"If the tests don't concur with the coroner's findings, they have the start of a strong defence. The logical next step would be to exhume the body to make new tests."

Michael is buried in a mausoleum in Los Angeles.

Last Edit: May 29, 2013, 05:29:33 PM by blankie
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
LOVE YOU MORE

"This is a horrifying situation the family have been dreading,” revealed a friend of the Jackson family. “They laid Michael to rest and for him to return is just sick."

:-[
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bec

I agree. What kind of crazy coincidence is it that the evil, money hungry, bad guy AEG executive brings up Elvis and the parallels between his and MJ's death when those parallels have been a huge part of the death hoax evidence since the beginning. I dunno, maybe the two men's deaths are so similar it's obvious to everyone and that's why he brought it up- but this all seems to fit too well (on both sides of the courtroom, again, just like in Murray's trial) to just be coincidental. Too much Elvis chatter from all over as of late to be nothing, especially when in 4 years and a criminal trial of a doctor it was never mentioned out loud in any seriousness in the media (except by death hoaxers).
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Are you entertained?

iLoveyoumore

I agree too.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

curls

Quite a long article, and a couple of vids from Gongaware's deposition in December, but this bit struck me, in light of recent Wade Robson stuff:

After Gongaware began recalling in court Wednesday what he meant in the e-mail, Panish suggested it may be a case of "repressed memories" where "someone doesn't remember something for three or four years."
"You didn't have any psychotherapy to remember what you wrote here?" Panish asked.
"You didn't like get put to sleep? (Judge Yvette Palazuelos injected: "Hypnotized?") to see if you remembered this?
"No," Gongaware answered.
Last Edit: May 30, 2013, 07:02:17 AM by curls
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions