paula-c

Hom said that Dr. Murray asking for $5 million raised a red flag. "It's outrageous."

Murray 5 million 5 million Tohme, that was the amount that supposedly Tohme   return or something

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Michael Jackson manager's e-mails found, could be key in AEG trial

I'm sorry, my laptop is acting up and I couldn't copy the article.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Thanks for the link to the article.  Read it. Didn't like this:

"While the Jackson lawyers wanted to explore how AEG's lawyers came to represent the DiLeo estate in Ohio, the judge declined exploring the matter.

"All we know right now they're not representing her, and that's enough for us," Judge Yvette Palazuelos said."

Seems to me that should have been brought into the case. But I'm not a judge so what do I know!

Maybe they just don't have enough time to fit that in!  :suspect:

Stay blessed!

OnTheWingsOfLove
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Defender of the faith, Supporter of the Word!"

blankie

• Registered users
  • Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • It's all for L.O.V.E.
Here the article...thanks Faithad for sharing

Los Angeles (CNN) -- A cache of e-mails believed lost when Michael Jackson's last manager's laptop disappeared could become key evidence in the wrongful death trial against AEG Live.
Lawyers for Michael Jackson's mother and three children don't know what they'll find in Frank DiLeo's e-mails, but they are hoping it will support their contention that DiLeo was beholden to the concert promoter and not to Jackson.
Jackson changed managers twice in the last three months of his life. In late March 2009, he hired Leonard Rowe -- one of his father's friends -- to replace Tohme Tohme, the manager who initially negotiated the deal with AEG for his "This Is It" tour.
Jackson lawyers argue that AEG Live forced Jackson to take DiLeo, who had worked for him off and on for decades, as his manager in May 2009 because they did not want to work with Rowe.
Their contention is part of their larger argument that AEG Live executives were liable for Jackson's death because they hired, retained or supervised Dr. Conrad Murray, the physician convicted of involuntary manslaughter.
AEG counters that it was Jackson who chose and hired Murray, not them. AEG lawyers argue that Jackson was responsible for his own death and that drug addiction led to his bad decisions.
The coroner ruled his death, which came near the end of preparations for a series of comeback concerts, was caused by an overdose of the surgical anesthetic propofol that Murray was using to treat Jackson's insomnia.
AEG Live contends its executives had no way of knowing the doctor was using propofol in the privacy of Jackson's bedroom.
The Jacksons are seeking billions of dollars in damages, equal to what Michael Jackson might have earned if he had not died on June 25, 2009. The Los Angeles trial began three weeks ago and is expected to continue into July.
The lawsuit contends AEG Live ignored warning signs about Jackson's health in his last weeks, and instead of getting him help they pressured Jackson and Murray to have him at rehearsals. DiLeo would have been part of that pressure, they contend.
"Get him a bucket of chicken," DiLeo said on June 19, 2009, in reply to concerns about Jackson's weight loss, makeup artist Karen Faye testified last week. "It was such a cold response, it broke my heart," Faye said through tears.
The next day -- June 20, 2009 -- DiLeo left a voice mail on Murray's cell phone. "I'm sure you're aware he had an episode last night. He's sick. Today's Saturday. Tomorrow, I'm on my way back. I'm not going to continue my trip. I think you need to get a blood test on him. We got to see what he's doing?"
DiLeo's e-mails were recovered after what the judge called "a lot of red tape and kind of cloudiness," that included the AEG's lawyers also representing the estate of DiLeo, who died in 2011, in fighting the Jacksons' subpoena for them.
"Because (DiLeo's widow) didn't have litigation counsel, we're representing her for the limited purposes of responding to that subpoena," AEG's lead lawyer, Marvin Putnam, told the judge.
Soon after an Ohio court ordered DiLeo's estate to give his laptop and e-mails to the Jackson lawyers, the AEG lawyers -- in their other capacity representing the DiLeo estate -- reported that they could not locate the computer or e-mails.
Jackson lawyers, however, learned that the DiLeo estate's previous lawyer -- Pennsylvania lawyer David Regoli -- kept a copy of the e-mail files. For the past several weeks, however, the AEG lawyers argued he had no authority to provide them to the Jacksons' lawyers for use in the case against AEG.
But in a phone call to the court this week, Regoli said he advised DiLeo's widow, Linda DiLeo, that "in my opinion, it was a conflict" for AEG's lawyers -- from the Los Angeles firm O'Melveny and Myers -- to represent her in the matter.
"She said that she never signed anything with O'Melveny and Myers to authorize them to represent her, and as of this moment they are not representing her anymore," Regoli said.
Linda DiLeo then rehired Regoli, which allows him to send the e-mails on to the Jacksons -- after removing any that are personal or not relevant to the case.
"I think I can give the court my assurances that I'll go through the documents that I have and I'll go through the e-mails, and anything that is related to the subpoena, I would obviously turn over," Regoli said.
As for the missing laptop, there was a simple explanation. Linda DiLeo "had told me her daughter had given it to a friend who needed a computer," Regoli said. "It wasn't a very new computer."
While the Jackson lawyers wanted to explore how AEG's lawyers came to represent the DiLeo estate in Ohio, the judge declined exploring the matter.
"All we know right now they're not representing her, and that's enough for us," Judge Yvette Palazuelos said.
The trial's fourth week starts Monday morning with AEG's chief counsel, Shawn Trell, on the witness stand. Jackson lawyers are expected to grill him about the contract negotiations with Michael Jackson and Murray.

I am really amazed that this news come out only now with the trial.....really amazed.... :confused:

A cache of e-mails believed lost when Michael Jackson's last manager's laptop disappeared could become key evidence in the wrongful death trial against AEG Live.      :icon_rolleyes:
Last Edit: May 18, 2013, 06:38:43 PM by blankie
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
LOVE YOU MORE

Love4Michael

"While the Jackson lawyers wanted to explore how AEG's lawyers came to represent the DiLeo estate in Ohio, the judge declined exploring the matter.

"All we know right now they're not representing her, and that's enough for us," Judge Yvette Palazuelos said."

Seems to me that should have been brought into the case. But I'm not a judge so what do I know!

Stay blessed!

OnTheWingsOfLove

I'm with you OTWOL...don't like it one bit!  They claim that while they were fighting the subpoena they didn't know where the computer actually was....Yeah...Right!  Who knows what was deleted in the time that elapsed and why in hell would an Ohio based attorney have a copy of the supposed complete email file if the thing was missing.  Very suspect in my book.  I have a hard time also with the explanation that the excuse that it was MIA was because the daughter gave it to a random friend who needed a computer.  If your Father passed...wouldn't it be too sentimental to you to part with?  Not to mention that there were likely things connected to Michael in it's files.   Simply not believable in my book.  If nothing else a chain of custody should be established or how could the evidence be used?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Always reach out to lend support and to help bear a heavy burden. 
There is no greater gift that you can give than your caring and love. 
Spread laughter and joy in your travels and carry love with you in abundant supply. 
Share life...share the world.

Quote from: onthewingsoflove on May 18, 2013, 11:21:23 PM

Quote from: Faithad777 on May 18, 2013, 07:02:01 AM

Stay blessed!

OnTheWingsOfLove

I'm with you OTWOL...don't like it one bit!  They claim that while they were fighting the subpoena they didn't know where the computer actually was....Yeah...Right!  Who knows what was deleted in the time that elapsed and why in hell would an Ohio based attorney have a copy of the supposed complete email file if the thing was missing.  Very suspect in my book.  I have a hard time also with the explanation that the excuse that it was MIA was because the daughter gave it to a random friend who needed a computer.  If your Father passed...wouldn't it be too sentimental to you to part with?  Not to mention that there were likely things connected to Michael in it's files.   Simply not believable in my book.  If nothing else a chain of custody should be established or how could the evidence be used?

I agree.  It looks like there were probably damning emails and info. on that computer that AEG didn't want to be uncovered.  So they are covering up by lame excuses and now that after they probably deleted some important info., they have tampered with evidence and it is illegal to do that, but hey they are so good at cover ups, conspiracies and lies that it's second nature to them.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Hi all, on a brighter note, maybe AEG didn’t shred the email files but only deleted them. I worked for a company a year ago that had a file-shredding tool on all their computers for confidentiality because it is possible to retrieve a file even after it has been deleted.  Here is some information from an article entitled: “HTG Explains: Why Deleted Files Can Be Recovered and How You Can Prevent It.”

“When you delete a file, it isn’t really erased – it continues existing on your hard drive, even after you empty it from the Recycle Bin. This allows you (and other people) to recover files you’ve deleted. If you’re not careful, this will also allow other people to recover your confidential files, even if you think you’ve deleted them. This is a particularly important concern when you’re disposing of a computer or hard drive.

Windows (and other operating systems) keep track of where files are on a hard drive through “pointers.” Each file and folder on your hard disk has a pointer that tells Windows where the file’s data begins and ends.

When you delete a file, Windows removes the pointer and marks the sectors containing the file’s data as available. From the file system’s point of view, the file is no longer present on your hard drive and the sectors containing its data are considered free space.

However, until Windows actually writes new data over the sectors containing the contents of the file, the file is still recoverable. A file recovery program can scan a hard drive for these deleted files and restore them. If the file has been partially overwritten, the file recovery program can only recover part of the data.

To increase performance and save time, Windows and other operating systems don’t erase a file’s contents when it’s deleted. If you want to erase a file’s contents when it’s deleted, you can use a “file-shredding” tool.

Remember this when getting rid of a computer or hard drive – your confidential files may still be present on your hard drive if you haven’t properly erased them.”

Source: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Another article I read said:
"...there are indeed services that use advanced technologies to attempt to read this incompletely erased prior data. By "advanced" I mean that you remove your hard drive and send it to them. They then open the hard drive in a clean-room and use special equipment to attempt to perform the task.

Oh, and it's expensive. Really expensive.

The success rate of this type of recovery really depends on how many times the data in a particular spot on disk has been overwritten with new data. If it's been overwritten once then the chances are much better than if the data had been overwritten, say, 20 times. That's the premise of tools like sdelete or "Secure Delete". Using sdelete you can delete a file and specify the number of times it should be overwritten, specifically to avoid this type of data recovery."
Source: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

I think Michael's estate can afford to take advantage of this advanced technology! Can’t wait to see what emails they’ve have retrieved!! :icon_e_biggrin:

Blessings!

OnTheWingsOfLove

Last Edit: May 19, 2013, 04:28:44 AM by onthewingsoflove
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

MJonmind

Onthewings, I agree this and more is very fishy.

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Love4Michael

The problem is that none of the advanced technology to uncover erased files seems to be expected to be used in this case.  They are apparently leaving it to the discretion of Mrs. DiLeo's attorney to determine what emails in the file copy he has are "relevant".  This is how it's written in articles...

From CNN -"Regoli estimated that the digital file was about two gigabytes in size and he said he would make a log of the emails that would be pertinent to the trial. He is expected to give both the plaintiffs and the defense an update of his progress next week."

From the Guardian..."The Dileo e-mails were recovered after what the judge called “a lot of red tape and kind of cloudiness.” Red tape that included the AEG’s lawyers also representing the estate of DiLeo, who died in 2011, while also fighting against the Jacksons’ subpoena for them.

AEG’s lead lawyer, Marvin Putnam, told the judge. “Because (DiLeo’s widow) didn’t have litigation counsel, we’re representing her for the limited purposes of responding to that subpoena.”

Not long after an Ohio court ordered DiLeo’s estate to give his laptop and e-mails to the Jackson lawyers, the AEG lawyers as the representatives of the DiLeo estate, reported that they could not locate the computer or e-mails.

Jackson’s lawyers had learned that the DiLeo estate’s previous lawyer, Pennsylvania lawyer David Regoli, had kept a copy of the e-mails. The AEG lawyers had argued that Regoli had no authority to provide them to Jacksons’ lawyers for use in the case against AEG.

Regoli told the court in a phone call this week that he had advised DiLeo’s widow, Linda DiLeo, that “in my opinion, it was a conflict” for AEG’s lawyers — from the Los Angeles firm O’Melveny and Myers — to represent her in the matter.

Regoli also said, “She said that she never signed anything with O’Melveny and Myers to authorize them to represent her, and as of this moment they are not representing her anymore.”

Linda DiLeo then rehired Regoli, which allowed him to send the e-mails on to the Jacksons legal team after removing any personal items that were not relevant to the case. Regoli said, “I think I can give the court my assurances that I’ll go through the documents that I have and I’ll go through the e-mails, and anything that is related to the subpoena, I would obviously turn over.”

How do you let some 3rd party lawyer with no guarantee that he's truly unbiased sort through the emails and determine...Yep, you can have that one...Um nope, you're not getting that one?  It's mind blowing how blatantly shoddy the apparent proof requirements are for this trial.  We've already seen lots of "I don't recall seeing that email" testimony...this decision just leaves more room for more of that.  That computer should have undergone forensic analysis by a professional 3rd party to determine a complete log of emails (including any that had been erased).  How else can anyone ever say that the evidence is legit?  This sounds more like a Barney Fife investigation instead if a multi-million (or billion) dollar trail.  It's ludicrous!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Always reach out to lend support and to help bear a heavy burden. 
There is no greater gift that you can give than your caring and love. 
Spread laughter and joy in your travels and carry love with you in abundant supply. 
Share life...share the world.

How do you let some 3rd party lawyer with no guarantee that he's truly unbiased sort through the emails and determine...Yep, you can have that one...Um nope, you're not getting that one?  It's mind blowing how blatantly shoddy the apparent proof requirements are for this trial.  We've already seen lots of "I don't recall seeing that email" testimony...this decision just leaves more room for more of that.  That computer should have undergone forensic analysis by a professional 3rd party to determine a complete log of emails (including any that had been erased).  How else can anyone ever say that the evidence is legit?  This sounds more like a Barney Fife investigation instead if a multi-million (or billion) dollar trail.  It's ludicrous! [/color][/size]

Lofe4Michael, but isn't this paralleling Michael's 2005 trial?  The fingerprint situation is only one of the shoddy situations during that trial.  Ludicrous is an excellent way to describe it.  Oh, come to think of it, Murray's trial was also a farce, a joke rather than a trial.  I mean this was the doctor who allegedly was responsible for the king of pop's death, and what kind of a trial was that where you see an elephant in the courtroom, a rabbit and a pumpkin.  It looked more like a preschool than a courtroom.........
Please tell me I'm not being delusional here, but I'm thinking that someone is making a mockery of the whole judicial system, the lawyers, the doctors, the media, journalists, reporters and please feel free to add anything or anyone that I've missed.........
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

blankie

• Registered users
  • Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • It's all for L.O.V.E.
@Faithad777     Lofe4Michael, but isn't this paralleling Michael's 2005 trial?  The fingerprint situation is only one of the shoddy situations during that trial.  Ludicrous is an excellent way to describe it.  Oh, come to think of it, Murray's trial was also a farce, a joke rather than a trial.  I mean this was the doctor who allegedly was responsible for the king of pop's death, and what kind of a trial was that where you see an elephant in the courtroom, a rabbit and a pumpkin.  It looked more like a preschool than a courtroom.........
Please tell me I'm not being delusional here, but I'm thinking that someone is making a mockery of the whole judicial system, the lawyers, the doctors, the media, journalists, reporters and please feel free to add anything or anyone that I've missed.........

It's a film?   :confused: :ghsdf: :judge-smiley:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
LOVE YOU MORE

It's a film?   :confused: :ghsdf: :judge-smiley:

It certainly is! A major blockbuster! An Academy Award winner! :bowdown:

Last Edit: May 19, 2013, 05:30:12 PM by onthewingsoflove
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

MJonmind

Faithad777

At 6:00, "In the name of God, BELIEVE Tom Robinson!"

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8TgqenWW0I[/youtube]

From Wiki: the primary themes of To Kill a Mockingbird involve racial injustice and the destruction of innocence. "...mockingbirds never harm other living creatures. She points out that mockingbirds simply provide pleasure with their songs, saying, "They don't do one thing but sing their hearts out for us."[75] Writer Edwin Bruell summarized the symbolism when he wrote in 1964, "'To kill a mockingbird' is to kill that which is innocent and harmless—like Tom Robinson."...To Kill a Mockingbird has been a source of significant controversy since its being the subject of classroom study as early as 1963. The book's racial slurs, profanity, and frank discussion of rape have led people to challenge its appropriateness in libraries and classrooms across the United States. The American Library Association reported that To Kill a Mockingbird was number 21 of the 100 most frequently challenged books of 2000–2009.
Hmm...I'm thinking how much more controversial is the "frank discussion" of sexual child abuse, yet it is perhaps the greatest attention bringer to injustice for this generation, and the need for lawyers to fight for truth, not covering for greed/other evil agendas of powerful people.

Also on the May 17th on MJFB this pic of MJ with Nelson Mandela was posted.

From Wiki: In 1962 he was arrested, convicted of sabotage and conspiracy to overthrow the government, and sentenced to life imprisonment in the Rivonia Trial.  Mandela served 27 years in prison... He was the first black South African to hold the office, and the first elected in a fully representative, multiracial election. His government focused on dismantling the legacy of apartheid through tackling institutionalised racism, poverty and inequality, and fostering racial reconciliation.

These are heavy deep themes going on in these recent 2 trials.
Front: "2 birds... 1 stone" (Would that be Atticus FINCH and MOCKINGBIRD?)
So I know there's a movie MJ's directing, just don't know if all the actors know they're in it.

Last Edit: May 20, 2013, 09:25:40 PM by MJonmind
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Andrea

The You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login twitter account is on fire today, a must read.  There's even a couple of movie references, to do with AEG.  Hmmm.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or LoginYou are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Trell said he's aware MJ wanted to produce films and Anschutz has a film company. He wasn't aware that MJ and Anschutz met about TTI movie

You are not allowed to view links. Register or LoginYou are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Trell said he never heard that Randy Phillips spoke with DreamWorks about producing a MJ movie.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Andrea

Also, this is an interesting 'coincidence'.  And email from Ortega, where in the first sentence he says "Front" and then an 'n' is dropped in the word 'and'.

Email from Ortega to Phillips on 6/20/09 Trouble at the Front
"I honestly don't think he's ready for this based in his continued physical"

Email: ...weakening and deepening emotional state. It is reminiscent if what Karen, Bush, Travis and I remembered just before he fainted

Email: causing the HBO Concerts to be canceled. There are strong signs of paranoia, anxiety a d obsessive-like behavior.

Email:  I think the very best thing we can do is get a top Psychiatrist in to evaluate him ASAP."

(I'd like to know who's behind this twitter account, lol)
Last Edit: May 20, 2013, 07:35:10 PM by Andrea
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions