paula-c

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Thanks paula.  :icon_mrgreen: Once again, I wonder if the triable claim for the trial is an "out" for AEG - so they are no longer answerable for the dismissed claims.

Can dismissed claims still be brought up in the trial, as they may have to do with the triable claim?
:confused:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Andrea

Thanks paula.  :icon_mrgreen: Once again, I wonder if the triable claim for the trial is an "out" for AEG - so they are no longer answerable for the dismissed claims.

Can dismissed claims still be brought up in the trial, as they may have to do with the triable claim?
:confused:

I guess what I'm wondering, about the "out" for AEG, is if AEG (or certain people within) are aware of the hoax, if they are "willingly" participating in the trial or if they will be defiant and come out fighting.

I'm curious if there would be a "double jeopardy" scenario after conviction or acquittal, if the dismissed claims were brought up in the trial.  Although they are not the same offenses...Katherine mentions in the "breach of contract" part (which was dismissed) - AEG controlled all aspects of MJ's life including medical care, advisers, finances and financial future. However Katherine was not able to cite anything to back this up - so if AEG is found guilty or not guilty of negligence with Murray...I suppose they could still be charged and tried for conspiracy to commit fraud, or something.  Also, notice how it didn't say there was no evidence, but instead said Katherine was not able to cite anything to back her claim up.  I don't know, I wish we had a lawyer on here, lol.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

MJonmind

Maybe Katherine has a lousy lawyer, secretly working against her.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

curls

In the two days we've been offline (anyone know what that was all about??) I've been looking at stuff relating to this trial. I found this summary which may be of interest:

N.B. The case number is BC445597 which it doesn't seem to remember, so I think you have to type it in each time you visit the page.
Last Edit: March 15, 2013, 03:16:38 AM by curls
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Andrea

Thanks for that link curls!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I looked up Katherine Jackson's case and I found some interesting stuff. This is what was found on 3/14/2013.

03/14/2013 Miscellaneous-Other (SEPRATE STAEMENT RE EX PARTE APPL )
Filed by Attorney for Plaintiff/Petitioner

03/14/2013 Miscellaneous-Other ( STATEMENT RE: EX PARTE APPL )
Filed by Attorney for Defendant/Respondent

03/14/2013 Ex-Parte Application (RE DEPOS OF SHAWN TRELL )

03/14/2013 Order ( GRANTING EX PARTE RE DEPOSITION OF SHAWN TRELL )

03/14/2013 Opposition Document ( TO PLTFS EX PARTE TO CONT. DEPO OF SHAWN TRELL )
Filed by Attorney for Defendant/Respondent

In Case somne of you want to know who Shawn Trell is, he is an attorney for AEG Live.
Last Edit: March 15, 2013, 09:38:15 AM by JesusLover05
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

sweetsunsetwithMJ

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • Michael I am looking forward to your BAM!!
Katherine Jackson’s Wrongful Death Lawsuit Suffers Major Legal Setback

Katherine Jackson‘s suffered a huge legal setback this past week in her wrongful death lawsuit  for her son Michael Jackson when a California court dismissed all of her claims against AEG and its President Tim Leiweke RadarOnline.com is exclusively reporting.

Additionally all but one of her claims against the remaining defendants were dismissed and the California Court of Appeals ordered Michael’s medical records unsealed.

DOCUMENT: AEG Files With Court Of Appeal

Those remaining defendants have filed legal documents with the Court of Appeal in California to dismiss that one remaining claim on the question of whether AEG Live negligently hired Dr. Conrad Murray, Jackson’s long time personal physician.  Murray was convicted in 2011 of the involuntary manslaughter death of Michael Jackson after administering a fatal dose of propofol to help the pop singer sleep. Murray hadn’t signed formally signed his employment contract with AEG at the time of Jackson’s death.
In response to the filing, the Court of Appeal indicated that it would be unsealing certain records of the late pop singer, including Jackson’s medical records.

PHOTOS: Paris Jackson & Brothers Chill Out With Coffee

In court documents obtained by RadarOnline.com, AEG Live asserts, “absent this Court’s immediate intervention, defendants will shortly begin a long trial based on the trial court’s fundamental misapplication of California law. Plaintiffs seek more than $40 billion in damages from defendants arising from the 2009 death of pop music star Michael Jackson….On February 27, 2013, Respondent Court summarily adjudicated all of the Jackson’s claims except negligent hiring….Specifically, Respondent Court held that there was a triable issue of fact as to whether AEG Live should have suspected Dr. Murray “may compromise his Hippocratic Oath” because Dr. Murray was in debt, and because Mr. Jackson was known to have had a prior problem with painkiller abuse. Respondent Court provided no explanation as to how such knowledge would have made it legally foreseeable that Dr. Murray would administer a fatal dose of anesthesia to Mr. Jackson in his home for sleep.”

When contacted by RadarOnline, com, Marvin Putnam, attorney for AEG Live responded, “The Court of Appeal rarely grants these extraordinary requests, although I am confident, whether before or after trial, that the courts of this state will find the law does not allow Mrs. Jackson’s claim. Any other outcome would wreak havoc on California’s business community.”

PHOTOS: Michael Jackson’s Kids: Three Years After His Death

If the case does proceed to trial, Putnam told us, “AEG Live had no idea Jackson was looking for a doctor to give him propofol or that Dr. Murray had agreed to provide the dangerous drug to him. Mr. Jackson’s death was a horrible tragedy for which AEG Live is simply not responsible.”

Murray is going to be deposed on Monday, March 18 at the Los Angeles County Men’s Central Jail in connection with Katherine’s wrongful death lawsuit.

PHOTOS: Michael Jackson Through The Years

The trial is expected to begin on April 1.

Jacko Kids Will Be Called As Witnesses In Doc’s Trial; Daughter To Be Pressed On Drug Use
Why Our Gun Debate Is Off Target (WSJ.com: Life/Culture)
‘Little Couple’ Surrogate Has Tragic Miscarriage
Angry Viewers Are Writing the Academy (and Here’s What They’re Saying) (The New York Times)
Real Housewives Star’s Home In Foreclosure; She Sues The Banks.

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I WANNA BE WHERE YOU ARE!!

Could this be a way to overturn Murray’s conviction?   If it is found that AEG is responsible for hiring Murray and Murray in fact states under oath that he was instructed by AEG to administer what ever it took to ensure that Michael slept & was prepared to be at rehearsals the next day by any means necessary, showing that they had the capacity to turn their backs & not really care what happened to Michael except that he “performed” then a large part of the guilt could fall on AEG calling for Murray to possibly be released with time served.   :Pulling_hair: It’s all so technical.  Going for the big fish.  I wish there were some legal advisors on board here also.  :computer-losy-smiley:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Don't stop this child, He's the father of man
Don't cross his way, He's part of the plan
I am that child, but so are you
You've just forgotten, Just lost the clue.”

MJ "Magical Child"
Still Rocking my World…
   and leaving me Speechless!

“True goodbyes are the ones never said

California judicial system is as corrupt as can be.  Why would a California court dismiss all of Katherine's claims against AEG and its president Tim Leiweke?
Also all but one of her claims against the remaining defendants were dismissed...........
These big fish are always protected by loopholes found in contracts, big name lawyers AND YES BY JUDGES.........

When contacted by RadarOnline, com, Marvin Putnam, attorney for AEG Live responded, “The Court of Appeal rarely grants these extraordinary requests, although I am confident, whether before or after trial, that the courts of this state will find the law does not allow Mrs. Jackson’s claim. Any other outcome would wreak havoc on California’s business community.”

This above statement from the article speaks volumes about what the outcome to Katherine's claim is going to be..........
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

suspicious mind

did i see maybe on twitter yesterday that the estate is trying to get the medical records sealed? :-\
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be shrewd as serpents and as innocent as doves."  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Why not just tell people I'm an alien from Mars? Tell them I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight. They'll believe anything you say, because you're a reporter. But if I, Michael Jackson, were to say, "I'm an alien from Mars and I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight," people would say, "Oh, man, that Michael Jackson is nuts. He's cracked up. You can't believe a single word that comes out of his mouth."

“...Any other outcome would wreak havoc on California’s business community.”  Statements like these burn me up.  Who but the government cares more about the business community than righting the wrongs done to a human being?  :Crash:

I think my computer has a ghost writer… it types what it wants to when ever it gets the notion :computer-losy-smiley:
Last Edit: March 15, 2013, 02:19:01 PM by hesouttamylife
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Don't stop this child, He's the father of man
Don't cross his way, He's part of the plan
I am that child, but so are you
You've just forgotten, Just lost the clue.”

MJ "Magical Child"
Still Rocking my World…
   and leaving me Speechless!

“True goodbyes are the ones never said

Too funny hes  :thjajaja121:

It seems like we already know (or they are hinting at) what the outcome of this trial is going to be............

But may be we should not be concentrating on the outcome of the trial, but the trial itself.......I mean may be during this trial that's supposed to start on April 1st,  the truth will be revealed and a lot of questions will be answered, questions that did not get answered during Murray's trial........
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

blankie

• Registered users
  • Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • It's all for L.O.V.E.
Too funny hes  :thjajaja121:

It seems like we already know (or they are hinting at) what the outcome of this trial is going to be............

But may be we should not be concentrating on the outcome of the trial, but the trial itself.......I mean may be during this trial that's supposed to start on April 1st,  the truth will be revealed and a lot of questions will be answered, questions that did not get answered during Murray's trial........

Agree and... believe   :icon_e_wink: :michael-jackson:,,,the best is yet to come !!!   :ghsdf: :moonwalk_:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
LOVE YOU MORE

sweetsunsetwithMJ

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • Michael I am looking forward to your BAM!!
In the two days we've been offline (anyone know what that was all about??) I've been looking at stuff relating to this trial. I found this summary which may be of interest:

N.B. The case number is BC445597 which it doesn't seem to remember, so I think you have to type it in each time you visit the page.

To see it you have to click "Beverly Hills Courthouse".
Very interesting, thanks for sharing Curls.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I WANNA BE WHERE YOU ARE!!

To see it you have to click "Beverly Hills Courthouse".
Very interesting, thanks for sharing Curls.

Interesting... again I was curious about dates and numbers  :icon_geek:

Filing Date:  09/15/2010 = 18

BC445597  = 7

03/21/2013 = 6+6=12
04/02/2013 = 6+6=12
07/31/2013 =11+6=17 or 8   
08/16/2013 = 15+6=21 or 12

:suspect: 21 weeks

from 6/25/09 to 04/02/2013... 196 weeks =7

Last Edit: March 16, 2013, 02:19:28 PM by mindseye
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
'Money...Lie for it Spy for it Kill for it Die for it They'd kill for the money Do or dare'

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal