MJonmind

Where oh where is TS when we need him... :icon_cry: :bowdown: :Michael_Jackson_dancing_smile
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

blankie

• Registered users
  • Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • It's all for L.O.V.E.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Where oh where is TS when we need him... :icon_cry: :bowdown: :Michael_Jackson_dancing_smile

Too sweet !!  :bearhug:  :icon_lol: L.O.V.E. you all !!!  :moonwalk_:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
LOVE YOU MORE

paula-c

other

Michael Jackson’s mom suing concert promoters

By City News Service, on February 25, 2013, at 1:37 pm

By BILL HETHERMAN

judge today issued a tentative ruling that Michael Jackson’s mother can move forward with her lawsuit contending that the promoters of Michael Jackson’s never-realized London concerts negligently hired Dr. Conrad Murray as the singer’s personal physician.

Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Yvette Palazuelos said she also is leaning toward tossing aside all other claims that could hold AEG Live liable for Jackson’s death.

Defense attorneys had moved for dismissal of the entire complaint, saying that two years of litigation failed to show the company or its executives did anything wrong.

Palazuelos took the issues under submission and did not say when she would issue a final ruling.

The entertainer was set to perform a string of 50 shows dubbed “This Is It,” but he died on June 25, 2009, at age 50, of acute propofol intoxication at his rented home in Holmby Hills while rehearsing for the concert series.

Katherine Jackson sued in September 2010 on behalf of her son’s three children, Michael Jr., Paris-Michael Katherine and Prince Michael, claiming that the company picked Murray to be pop star’s personal physician.

Murray was convicted of involuntary manslaughter in Jackson’s 2009 death and was sentenced in November 2011 to four years in the Los Angeles County men’s jail.

AEG Live attorney Marvin Putnam maintained his clients never hired Murray and that he, in fact, had been one of many doctors who had treated the singer in the past.

He said after the hearing that he was pleased with the work Palazuelos did in preparing her tentative ruling and that he was hopeful she would conclude that the negligent hiring claim also should be dismissed.

Plaintiffs’ attorney Kevin Boyle declined to comment after the hearing.

He said during arguments that AEG Live, in allegedly hiring Murray, gave little consideration to red flags showing that the doctor was in debt and was not a board-certified cardiologist.

Putnam said most doctors are not board-certified and that the fact that he was in debt was irrelevant.

Putnam also said Jackson had a drug problem for years before he entered into any agreements to perform on behalf of AEG Live.

Palazuelos also said in her tentative ruling that she is leaning toward dismissing Timothy Leiweke, AEG Inc.’s president and chief executive officer, and that company as defendants.

Defense attorneys maintain AEG Inc. and AEG Live are two separate entities.

Boyle maintains that the two companies’ interests are intertwined.

Leiweke stated that he had preliminary talks with Jackson and his manager in the fall of 2008 about a potential tour deal.

He said he did not talk with the singer about any medical treatment and that he never had any conversations with any of the entertainer’s physicians.

“I never met or communicated with Dr. Conrad Murray,” Leiweke stated. “To my knowledge, no other AEG Inc. employee or agent every met or communicated with Dr. Murray either. Given that I never communicated with Dr. Murray in any way, I certainly had no role whatsoever hiring, training or supervising Dr. Murray.”

The tentative ruling would keep Paul Gongaware, Co-Chief Executive Officer of Concerts West (a division of AEG Live) and AEG Live President and Chief Executive Officer Brandon Phillips in the case, which is scheduled for trial April 2.

Gongaware stated in his sworn declaration that he never told Jackson or any of his doctors what medications the singer should take.

“At no point did I ever require Jackson to take propofol,” Gongaware states. “I had no idea Jackson was taking propofol until after I learned how Jackson died in press reports. I had no suspicious whatsoever that Dr. Murray was giving Jackson propofol.”

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

MJonmind

Yes, but the evidence from CM's docu, shows that Randy Phillips and Kenny Ortega HEAVILY pressured MJ and CM to make sure MJ got to rehearsals. And evidence (Exhibit B) shows that they may in fact have wanted/expected MJ to fail, and that the contract is HEAVILY advantageous to AEG getting the Catalogue and everything MJ owns, if he failed to deliver.  So it's not so much who hired CM or what drug he gave to MJ.  If MJ failed to keep up with the schedule or died, both scenarios promised them MJ's wealth by default.  The statements numerous witnesses gave that TT said he was going to destroy MJ should already be enough for intent to harm MJ, and rob him of everything he owned.  Why are they not bringing any of this forward--it's ridiculous! :icon_mad:

But MJ is alive, and in control. :errrr: :icon_mrgreen:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Andrea

Yes, but the evidence from CM's docu, shows that Randy Phillips and Kenny Ortega HEAVILY pressured MJ and CM to make sure MJ got to rehearsals. And evidence (Exhibit B) shows that they may in fact have wanted/expected MJ to fail, and that the contract is HEAVILY advantageous to AEG getting the Catalogue and everything MJ owns, if he failed to deliver.  So it's not so much who hired CM or what drug he gave to MJ.  If MJ failed to keep up with the schedule or died, both scenarios promised them MJ's wealth by default.  The statements numerous witnesses gave that TT said he was going to destroy MJ should already be enough for intent to harm MJ, and rob him of everything he owned.  Why are they not bringing any of this forward--it's ridiculous! :icon_mad:

I don't think AEG wanted MJ to die because they only stood to profit, HUGELY, if MJ couldn't perform all 50 shows, which is of course what they were hoping for and fully expecting.  AEG wouldn't have a say over anything of Michael's in the event of death.  I still haven't figured out where Tohme comes in but it may take a shady character to fool other shady characters if you know what I mean.  Of course there are other branches of the music industry who have profited heavily, namely Sony, since Michael's "death" but they still couldn't get their hands on the catalog.  But Sony is something else altogether.  I think this Murray/meds negligence with AEG is a cover to get AEG in the court room so that everything can be picked apart for the world to see and hopefully, finally understand what MJ and other artists have had to put up with for so long.  I can imagine (ideally) Katherine's lawyer making someone from AEG explain specifically what Exhibit B really means, in normal everyday language.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Andrea

I don't think AEG wanted MJ to die because they only stood to profit, HUGELY, if MJ couldn't perform all 50 shows, which is of course what they were hoping for and fully expecting.  AEG wouldn't have a say over anything of Michael's in the event of death.  I still haven't figured out where Tohme comes in but it may take a shady character to fool other shady characters if you know what I mean.  Of course there are other branches of the music industry who have profited heavily, namely Sony, since Michael's "death" but they still couldn't get their hands on the catalog.  But Sony is something else altogether.  I think this Murray/meds negligence with AEG is a cover to get AEG in the court room so that everything can be picked apart for the world to see and hopefully, finally understand what MJ and other artists have had to put up with for so long.  I can imagine (ideally) Katherine's lawyer making someone from AEG explain specifically what Exhibit B really means, in normal everyday language.

And I agree that MJ is in control and at least one step ahead.  They thought they were setting MJ up to fall but really it's going to be the other way around.  Not to mention whatever else he has up his sleeve...   8)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

suspicious mind

but the leaked e-mails didn't they show more concern from kenny and such that  michael was seeing klien and that is where problems were coming from? anybody remember or know how to find them?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be shrewd as serpents and as innocent as doves."  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Why not just tell people I'm an alien from Mars? Tell them I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight. They'll believe anything you say, because you're a reporter. But if I, Michael Jackson, were to say, "I'm an alien from Mars and I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight," people would say, "Oh, man, that Michael Jackson is nuts. He's cracked up. You can't believe a single word that comes out of his mouth."

Sorry if I'm late with this, but I wanted to refer to this sentence from the article suspicious mind posted yesterday:

He said the case was unique and it should proceed intact with claims that AEG is liable for Murray's actions. "This has never happened before, or at least no one's been caught," Boyle said.

This sentence says a lot about the lengths "they" (including AEG) will go to to make sure they don't get caught!!!  May be the tides are changing? But if anyone can do it, besides God, it is Michael...  "They" are very well connected, very powerful, and cover each other's backs, hence the reason why they don't get caught....It will be very difficult, but again we will have to wait and keep watching.....

Suspicious mind, yes I believe you're right about those emails, I remember reading them too, but I, like you don't know where to find them. Those emails show concern on Kenny's part, but then going back to Murray's documentary, according to Murray, what Randy Phillips said about Michael and his children are proof that Randy was far from concerned about Michael's health.......and this was shown on national TV......
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

sweetsunsetwithMJ

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • Michael I am looking forward to your BAM!!

AEG Reply to Katherine Jackson's opposition to Summary Judgment.

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I WANNA BE WHERE YOU ARE!!

paula-c

It seems that AEG defends himself by saying that Michael was a addicted to drugs.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Some parts of this hoax really gets under my skin, especially when it concerns these high profile, apparently above-the-law hunchos like Anschultz & Randy Phillips  :Pulling_hair: who think they can get away with any and everything just because they are who they are.  I can hardly bare to hear Phillips talking about Michael so smugly. It causes my pressure to spike. 
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Don't stop this child, He's the father of man
Don't cross his way, He's part of the plan
I am that child, but so are you
You've just forgotten, Just lost the clue.”

MJ "Magical Child"
Still Rocking my World…
   and leaving me Speechless!

“True goodbyes are the ones never said

curls

This was posted by lolop on Hoaxbook, I thought it should be here too:

LOS ANGELES (AP) — A judge has dismissed all but one count in a civil lawsuit by Michael Jackson's mother against concert
giant AEG Live, which hired a doctor who was convicted of involuntary
manslaughter in the singer's death.Superior Court Judge Yvette Palazuelos' ruling Thursday means that Katherine Jackson will have a trial on her claim that AEG negligently
hired and supervised former cardiologist Conrad Murray. The ruling
dismisses claims that AEG could be held liable for Murray's conduct and
breached its duty to properly care for the pop superstar.AEG Live was promoting a series of comeback concerts by Michael Jackson in London titled "This Is It." Jackson died in June 2009 while
in final preparations for the shows after Murray administered a lethal
dose of the anesthetic propofol in the singer's bedroom.Katherine Jackson's attorney Kevin Boyle was not immediately available for comment but argued at a hearing Monday that AEG controlled
 Murray's actions and failed to properly investigate him before agreeing
 to pay him to work as the singer's physician.He cited Murray's debt problems as a red flag that AEG should have spotted and contends the company created a serious conflict between his
responsibility to Jackson and his own financial well-being.Jackson died at age 50 before a contract that would have paid Murray $150,000 a month was finalized.AEG attorney Marvin Putnam has said Murray was not employed by the promoter and he expects the company to win at trial. He said Katherine
Jackson's lawyers will be unable to prove that AEG should have foreseen
that Murray was a danger to the "Thriller" singer.A trial is scheduled to begin April 2.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

MJonmind

Ah, but does AEG's lawyer Putnam know what bag of 'tricks' that Katherine's lawyer (and MJ) have up their sleeves.
 :michael_jackson-1135: :ghsdf:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

paula-c

Michael Jackson wrongful-death suit headed for trial
 By Amanda Bronstad Contact All Articles

The National Law JournalMarch 4, 2013

A judge in Los Angeles has cleared the way for Michael Jackson's mother and three children to go to trial on claims that the concert promoter for his planned This Is It tour was negligent in hiring and supervising Dr. Conrad Murray, the physician convicted of involuntary manslaughter in the singer's 2009 death.

Los Angeles County, Calif., Superior Court Judge Yvette Palazuelos ruled on February 27 that AEG Live LLC and its senior executives failed to prove on summary judgment that they had not hired Murray or that they had no reason to believe he would be an unfit physician. Murray was convicted in 2011 of administering a lethal dose of the anesthetic propofol to Jackson and is serving four years in prison.

"There is a triable issue of fact as to whether it was foreseeable that such a physician under strong financial pressure may compromise his Hippocratic Oath and do what was known by AEG Live's executives to be an unfortunate practice in the entertainment industry for financial gain," Palazuelos wrote in her order, which became public on March 1.

"Triable issues of fact exist as to whether it could have been foreseeable that Dr. Murray would engage in the exact behavior alleged here: Dr. Murray's provision of drugs which led to Decedent's death," she said.

Palazuelos, however, threw out additional claims for breach of contract based on a "special relationship" between AEG and Jackson created when both signed the This Is It tour contract. Jackson was hardly in AEG's thrall, she said, citing the promoter's reference to Jackson as "the greatest and most beloved entertainer in the world."

"The court does not necessarily disagree," she wrote. "So, given Decedent's status and experience, exerting strong financial pressure is insufficient alone to create undue risk of harm."

She also agreed with AEG that Murray was not an employee and, as such, could not ensure that Jackson would show up for rehearsals. "Assuming that is true, there is no evidence that Defendants exercised or could exercise any control over how (manner or means) that task was to be accomplished."

A trial on the negligence claim is scheduled for April 2.

"We actually have the cleanest, simplest cause of action for us to prove, which is simply that they were negligent in hiring and retaining, keeping on board, the man who's in prison for killing Michael Jackson," said Kevin Boyle of Panish, Shea & Boyle in Los Angeles, who represents Jackson's heirs.

"I am pleased the Court dismissed AEG and Leiweke outright, and dismissed all but one of the remaining claims against the remaining defendants," said Marvin Putnam, a partner at O'Melveny & Myers in Los Angeles who represents the AEG defendants. "Michael Jackson’s death was a tragedy, but as Friday’s ruling and commonsense make clear, AEG was in no position to save Michael Jackson from his longtime battle with addiction."

Jackson died on June 25, 2009, days before he was scheduled to start the This Is It tour in London. He was 50 years old.

Jackson's heirs originally accused AEG Live of negligence and breach of contract in hiring Murray. They asserted that AEG Live valued profits over the singer's health, forcing him to show up to rehearsals despite knowing he was ill in the days leading to his death.

In addition to AEG Live, the suit names its parent corporation, Anschutz Entertainment Group Inc., and its president and chief executive officer, Timothy Leiweke; AEG Live president and chief executive officer Brandon "Randy" Phillips; and AEG Live co-CEO Paul Gongaware.

In her order, Palazuelos found that the AEG defendants had hired Murray as an independent contractor despite the absence of a signed contract. The AEG defendants had argued that a draft contract between Murray and AEG was never executed before Jackson's death.

The judge referred to an oral or implied contract, payments to the doctor in the tour's budget and discussions about Murray's compensation—about $150,000 per month—just before Jackson's death.

"Prior to the anticipated signing of the written contract, the evidence is sufficient to establish that Defendants and Dr. Murray communicated regarding the current medical treatment and care of Decedent," she wrote. The fact that Murray was never paid, or that Jackson retained his services beforehand, does not clear AEG of all liability, she added.

She also disputed that AEG had no forewarning about Murray's actions.

"Plaintiffs presented evidence that Defendants did not conduct a sufficient background check of Dr. Murray, which would have established that Murray was deeply in debt," she wrote. AEG executives knew that Dr. Murray had closed his practice in Las Vegas and had no practice in Los Angeles; furthermore, Gongaware, in particular, was familiar with the fact that Jackson's prior doctors had given him large amounts of drugs, she wrote.

"Basically, the court concluded that the plaintiffs presented evidence that AEG could have known the problems with this doctor," Boyle said. "He was financially dependent, and deeply financially in debt, and basically that they had him close all his practices, so this was his only source of income."

In denying the breach of contract claim, Palazuelos concluded that Jackson's heirs had failed to establish that financial pressure established a special relationship between AEG and Jackson. "Extending the special relationship doctrine to financial control would greatly expand the narrow and limited class of special relationships," she wrote. And AEG lacked total control over Jackson's medical care, especially since Jackson saw doctors other than Murray.

"The facts may establish that Defendants gave some input to medical care, but there is no evidence that they undertook Decedent's medical care in its entirety," she wrote.

In a separate order, Palazuelos granted summary judgment to Leiweke and Anschutz Entertainment Group, concluding that neither had a special relationship with Jackson or had hired Murray.

In another order, Palazuelos ruled that several documents provisionally filed under seal under a protective order, including emails among AEG executives, should be made public. She did not unseal documents related to depositions of medical professions discussing Jackson's health or his medical records.

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions