I came across this video of Michael on You Tube I have no idea when, where, what it's from.....I think it was around the time of a set of characters based on raisins were developed (80's)....but really not sure what to think.  Does anyone know this video or what exactly he's referring to?  I wasn't aware he was involved the development of these characters years ago.......quite cool to watch him explain the movements, the expressions of each.....he's really quite amazing in everything he does...such a creative talent:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ze18DgUpq14&feature=endscreen[/youtube]

Have a blessed day!

PS> here are a couple of the raisin videos...they are different sets of characters...but thought I'd post both:
The California Rasins
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zFop9mONWs&feature=related[/youtube]

and a book promo:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTEU_e2qS1U&feature=player_profilepage[/youtube]

LOL......or am I way off base, and hearing something different from Michael....I thought he says "raisins ".....I love the character development aspect.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

curls

I remember someone posted this a while back. Here is the finished commercial he was presumably working on:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kka0jDxzzQo[/youtube]

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I came across this video of Michael on You Tube I have no idea when, where, what it's from.....I think it was around the time of a set of characters based on raisins were developed (80's)....but really not sure what to think.  Does anyone know this video or what exactly he's referring to?  I wasn't aware he was involved the development of these characters years ago.......quite cool to watch him explain the movements, the expressions of each.....he's really quite amazing in everything he does...such a creative talent:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ze18DgUpq14&feature=endscreen[/youtube]

Have a blessed day!

PS> here are a couple of the raisin videos...they are different sets of characters...but thought I'd post both:
The California Rasins
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zFop9mONWs&feature=related[/youtube]

and a book promo:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTEU_e2qS1U&feature=player_profilepage[/youtube]

LOL......or am I way off base, and hearing something different from Michael....I thought he says "raisins ".....I love the character development aspect.

Dear Wish  :)  ,Curls has right ,cause I remember too about a post about this video of Michael  ;)) .So I had to dig up ,lol  lolol/ ,a REAL-hard dig up  :lol:.......anyway here is what I found  :mrgreen:   :

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Be blessed and take care  bearhug !!!!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

everlastinglove_MJ

Thank you for posting Wishingstar :)

I agree, the way Michael is expressing the characters is brilliant, he's a great actor, but we already knew that from Oz, Moonwalker, EO and This Is It. In first video you posted, I think he's talking to Will Vinton, who is the director of Claymation, of the clay animations.

Michael Jackson explains to claymation animator Will Vinton how he envisions some of the raisins to look like and behave, for an upcoming California Raisins television commercial, based on Michael's music and style, in 1989.

I found this article:

Sauce: In the '80s, MJ was raisin awareness  -> MJ was raisin' awareness: yes he DOES ;)
Thursday, July 02, 2009
By Margi Shrum, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Freewill Entertainment Inc.
Michael Jackson as a California Raisin
In cleaning out some folders, I came across a brochure about the 25th anniversary of the California Dancing Raisins. This struck a chord.
Twenty-five years ago, when these TV commercial raisins were beginning to get down, Michael Jackson was, too.
Both of them were pretty hot, the late Mr. Jackson, for all the reasons you well know, and the raisins for the special effects used to create them, the likes of which had not been seen much in the late 1980s. They sing a twist on the Motown hit, "I Heard It Through the Grapevine."
As it turns out, Mr. Jackson liked the raisins quite a bit, too.
"Michael called up and I'm sitting there, having small talk with Michael on the phone," says Will Vinton, Claymation and California Raisins creator. "And I'm going, 'What is this about? Why am I having this conversation?' I realized he was talking about the California Raisins.
"I said, 'Michael, we should make you a raisin!' I realized he was heading that way, anyway. And as soon as I said it, he said, 'Yeah!' "
And so he was. Mr. Jackson said he would do the spot without charge, as long as he was involved in the creative end of it and choreography, says Mr. Vinton. The Academy Award-winning artist, director and animated film producer lives in Portland, Ore., where he runs his company, Freewill Entertainment Inc.
Mr. Vinton had previously worked with Mr. Jackson doing effects on his "Captain EO" three-dimensional movie shown at Disney parks. He also worked on Mr. Jackson's "Moonwalker" movie (a 1988 compilation of videos and films that included "Speed Demon," which was directed by Mr. Vinton and used Claymation, the process he patented.)
The California Raisin project, though, "was a dream for me," says Mr. Vinton, whose work has brought in many other awards, including several Emmys.
He worked with Mr. Jackson at Neverland, the singer's ranch in California that at the time was under construction. He says he "was just the sweetest person in the world. A really amazing, gentle soul" who was "misunderstood in many ways."
He was uber idealistic, "probably because he wasn't patterned in the same way most of us were," getting some leavening kicked into us in school and being out in the world.
Despite his idealism, Mr. Jackson would do "anything for the show, for the project to make it cooler, hipper, hotter" and so was eager to tap into the popularity of the Raisins commercials, which also had featured Ray Charles.
They worked to create a bit that captured Mr. Jackson's "Bad" image (the commercial was done a year or so after the 1987 release of that album).
The hardest part was getting "a good likeness and caricature for Michael that he was happy with," says Mr. Vinton, who ended up with a figure that was "slightly more effeminate looking" with heavy eye makeup.
And, of course, a sequined glove, tape around his fingers, a jheri curl and a low-slung studded belt.
In the film, Michael Raisin tosses off a fedora that's covering his eyes and starts to sing about being a sun-raised California raisin, to a "Bad" era beat -- several "woos!" in this. A strawberry in the audience screams "Michael!" and then passes out.
The commercial, which aired only in theaters, ends with a Claymation Mr. Jackson waking up, looking around, seeing a bowl of fruit and saying, "Wow. Must've been something I ate."
See it on youtube, where the Ray Charles version also is playing.
As for Mr. Jackson's passing last week, Mr. Vinton was as shocked as the rest of us. Read more about him at willvinton.net.
The California Raisins are no longer animated, but do represent the product in print ads, as a mascot and as the World's Largest California Dancing Raisin, created by students at California State University, Fresno.
You have to think Mr. Jackson would appreciate the fun.

Read more: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Have a great day and be blessed too    bearhug

L.O.V.E.
Last Edit: March 26, 2012, 04:06:19 PM by everlastinglove_MJ
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
It's all for L.O.V.E.

everlastinglove_MJ

sorry I posted double :roll:
Last Edit: March 26, 2012, 04:08:19 PM by everlastinglove_MJ
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
It's all for L.O.V.E.

i guess these old character vids are a mere prelude to the character development he will work on in the future....  such a brilliant mind. i love you MJ - thank you for giving us this hoax...

its not a sentence, it is beuaitful and wonderful and we appreciate every morsel of detail that you have sewn into it....

xxxxx LOVE to you always! xxxxx
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
People laugh when I explain. And though they may laugh, that doesn't change the fact that it's still the truth.

Michael is Alive
The end of evil is nigh
Trust in God
The righteous will prevail

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal