Tink

Re: Blood on the dancefloor
April 09, 2012, 10:11:54 PM
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Tink, what do you mean with "I'm 5th generation Bauhaus"?

@MissG - ah, you caught that. It's a school of artistic thought, that even Walt Disney (and I believe the Wise Old Men) studied. It's that old, yet that young! It took me a very, very long time, to find someone who could personally teach me. Oh, correction; I'm 6th gen, it's on the paperwork, doh. So in turn, I must teach someone else, when the time is right. It's a Mentorship/workshop style of teaching, and I simply thrived and grew with this, when a Professor from CalArts came down to the local college near me. I was at the right place, at the right time, and gave up the time for it.

The Bauhaus Movement was in Germany, from 1919 - 1933. Nazi Germany squashed it; but those who'd been taught, spread it, one on one. It has indirectly affected virtually all schools of art, design and architecture & technology - though most people aren't aware of that! It's basically unlocking both artistic and technological design within each and every student, in a multidisciplinary approach.

The Elements and Principles of Design. Both of these are things that make up a sketch, painting, skyscraper design, etc. Whether it's good or bad, is going to contain most, if not all of these principals.

Elements of Design:
Line, Shape, Direction, Size, Texture, Color, Value

The Principles of Design:
Balance, Gradation, Repetition, Contrast, Harmony, Dominance

Sounds fairly simple, right?

NOT! Because each and every one is very, very important; most of it was engrained, but I knew not why. Under guidance, this all became crystal clear, and freed my mind across the board on art and concept of design, whether it be art or technology. And the Professor did indeed help me to unlock both my artistic and technological design abilities - because I was hungry enough.

So, that's it in a nutshell.

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Black & Proud! I'm like the Oracle/Batgirl, who helps Batman in the comic books. I believe in "Comic Book justice."

MissG

April 10, 2012, 06:46:08 AM
I know about that line (movement-school), so I wondered whow old you were when using the sentence "5th generation", lol.

I read that you work with sound in another thread, so I got confused about your profession. Are you a digital artist as well?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
("Minkin güerveeeee")
Michael pls come back

"Why a four-year-old child could understand this hoax. Run out and find me a four-year-old child. I can't make head nor tail out of it"

Tink

April 11, 2012, 03:00:35 PM
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I know about that line (movement-school), so I wondered whow old you were when using the sentence "5th generation", lol.

I read that you work with sound in another thread, so I got confused about your profession. Are you a digital artist as well?

Ah - let me clarify Bauhaus school students -> First Generation; Whom those students taught -> Second Generation; Whom they taught -> Third Generation; Whom they taught -> Fourth Generation; Whom they taught -> Fifth Generation; Whom they taught -> Sixth Generation, which is where I am. It has nothing at all to do with age.

My Profession: CREATOR. I don't simply create/write/draw Graphic Novels & Comic books; I'm Digital; I'm 3D; I'm whatever I need to be, because I've been working my way towards being what the Wachowski Siblings are. I've written many movie scripts, tv show synopsis. Some have become different things than planned, lol. I am what I am.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Black & Proud! I'm like the Oracle/Batgirl, who helps Batman in the comic books. I believe in "Comic Book justice."

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal