~Souza~Topic starter

New website: Authors wanted!
March 14, 2012, 01:44:57 PM
As most of you have seen, I completely changed the website (not the forum, but the main site). The main reason is that the old one was too static and if there were updates, I had to add them myself and I lack time lately. So I installed a Wordpress based website that can be updated by anyone I assign as author. That way the website will become more alive and most importantly: up-to-date. Let me first explain how the new website works.

On the homepage you will see a list of posts, the most recent added first. The slideshow shows the news, for now I have posted the two latest TMZ articles. The menu under the logo shows the categories for the articles to be posted. I posted most of what was already on the trial page and the old website, I might add some other things later.

The sidebar on the right (if you scroll down a little) shows a login function, the MJ Beatz Radio, navigation to the forums, HoaxPics (new MJDHI image upload function, similar to tinypic) and MJ Beatz Radio. Other links will probably be added later. Then you will see category navigation, the new MJDHI Facebook page and a slideshow of the new gallery.

In the footer the link to the trial video archive (also in the menu), the latest tweets and the forum rss feed. So far in short what you will see on the homepage.

Because I haven't found a good solution for the forum yet, I decided to keep it like this for now. If I decide to make changes in the future, I will let you know in time but so far it will stay unchanged. That means that if you want to participate on the website itself, you will have to make a new account there. I advise everyone to do that to at least reserve your username so that nobody else can walk away with it. If you have an account on the website itself, you will be able to comment on the articles, blogs and posts, unless you are an author (more later).

New is HoaxPic. I installed this page to make sure that images posted on the forum can't be deleted by the ones that originally uploaded them to the net. Plus I am going to disable the attachment function because it slows down the threads, and with this tool it's easy for everyone to post an image. This is the site: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login (see also sidebar navigation menu). You simply save the image you want to post on your desktop, choose the file with the tool, click upload and you will get a few links you can then use. If the image is very big, choose the bbcode (not html!) 'Thumbnail + viewer link', if the picture is small (up to 700 pixels wide), you can use the bbcode 'Show directly this image', or just the link if you still want to use the image button of the forum. This way all the pictures will be stored here on the server and we will be sure they will not vanish just like that.

Another new feature is the Gallery (top menu above the logo). I made a few galleries already and uploaded some pictures, but future authors will be able to add more pictures to the existing galleries, or make new galleries.

On the bottom you will see the new chat (if you are logged in), as a toolbar similar to Facebook chat. You can have private chats, talk in the general chat that all logged-in users can access, or you can make a new room and invite users. Just check it out for yourself, it's pretty easy to figure out.

But as I said: I need authors, that is the reason I made this website. Authors will be able to:

Post news
Post articles that fall under any of the categories
Post own blogs under the category blogs->member blogs
Post videos
Post pictures

In other words: an author will help keep the site up-to-date and will be able to post not only on the forum, but also on the site itself. If you like to become an author, please let me know.

I hope everyone will enjoy the new site. Suggestions and ideas always welcome!

Souza
Last Edit: April 10, 2012, 10:34:05 PM by ~Souza~
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

paula-c

Re: New website: Autors wanted!
March 14, 2012, 02:23:02 PM
What else can I say, thank you  Souza for your work
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

March 14, 2012, 03:37:03 PM
I am not sure how you do it Souza.....just writing the mere posts I write here take up so much time.  I'll pm you with a couple of thoughts.....I'd like to help, but not sure how.  I have used wordpress very little...but can learn.
Thank you very much for all you do.......I know you hear those words a lot.  However, the hearts and minds that have been touched through this forum are forever changed because you took (and still take) the time to care.
A shower of blessings over you always.............
it's all for L O V E
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

MaryK

• Registered users
  • Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • The world is just illusion, trying to change you
March 14, 2012, 04:00:39 PM
Looks excellent!

About the authors: will each author be asigned to a certain department of the site or how do you want this to work?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You and I were never separate

It's just an illusion

Wrought by the magical lens of Perception

skyways

March 14, 2012, 05:06:59 PM
EXCELLENT CALL SOUZ@!!

Unfortunatelly, my lack of english will compromised my writing skills((.

will see what others have to add - we have incredible talents here!

bearhug bearhug
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

March 14, 2012, 05:12:56 PM
Thank you Souza for all the work you did and still are doing, i admire your work and dedication so much.

I have tryed to register at the main page, it says that i had to check my email for my password, but i have not received a password yet.

Thank you in advance
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
“In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.”
― Michael Jackson

~Souza~Topic starter

March 14, 2012, 06:39:17 PM
Looks excellent!

About the authors: will each author be asigned to a certain department of the site or how do you want this to work?

No, each author will be able to post in whatever category they want. So if you have a news article, you can post it, if you feel like writing a blog you can post it, if you have a theory you can post it, etc. etc. etc.

@ShyBleuEyes: your password is probably in your spam box or something like that. If you still can't find it let me know so I can change the password for you.
Last Edit: March 14, 2012, 06:41:51 PM by ~Souza~
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

paula-c

Re: New website: Authors wanted!
March 14, 2012, 06:54:09 PM
EXCELLENT CALL SOUZ@!!

Unfortunatelly, my lack of english will compromised my writing skills((.

will see what others have to add - we have incredible talents here!

bearhug bearhug

Equal I, you imagine a blog in English written for my :lol:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

~Souza~Topic starter

March 14, 2012, 07:00:30 PM
For the ones that think their English is not good enough: you can always become an author and post in the categorie 'member blogs' or post news, which is mostly copy and paste work. So even when your English is not so good, you can certainly contribute to the site.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

March 14, 2012, 07:03:45 PM
Thanks Souza! I love how you keep everything fresh.

Just to clarify, does an author take the info from the threads and post it as an article? e.g. If there is a new thread about a new TMZ article posted on the forum, you can also paste it on the website?

I have worked posting articles on WordPress before, but it was all just copy and paste all the latest articles from all over the web. I am afraid I cannot write long posts...lol.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

~Souza~Topic starter

March 14, 2012, 07:10:03 PM
Thanks Souza! I love how you keep everything fresh.

Just to clarify, does an author take the info from the threads and post it as an article? e.g. If there is a new thread about a new TMZ article posted on the forum, you can also paste it on the website?

I have worked posting articles on WordPress before, but it was all just copy and paste all the latest articles from all over the web. I am afraid I cannot write long posts...lol.

It will indeed be mostly the stuff that is posted here as well, like media (TMZ) articles, theories, videos, pictures etc. Anything you think is important or funny or whatever, can be posted. I will write down the guidelines and instructions for authors a.s.a.p. to make sure everyone knows how to post and what to do to keep it all uniform.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

skyways

March 14, 2012, 07:40:40 PM
Thank u SOUZ! You are the Best!@@
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

marumjj

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • "Lies run sprints, but the truth runs marathons"
  • Smile, though your heart will hurt
March 14, 2012, 07:47:09 PM
 Wow! the house was enlarged. Souza ~ ~ Thanks for your great work. I'm sending all my love :-*
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

~Souza~Topic starter

March 14, 2012, 07:49:48 PM
LOL, I am glad you guys like it, but I need people to sign up as authors really, hahahaha. So if you want to be one, please say so in this thread.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

blankie

• Registered users
  • Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • It's all for L.O.V.E.
March 14, 2012, 08:19:37 PM
Thanks Souza for your great work...and for our admin...   HIP HIP HURRA' !!!!  bearhug  typing/

About the authors....if you think you need an  help in Italian  typing/...I'm here now and forever...in english... crash/ crash/ bangbang :lol:....but also in English , if you need ,tell me how I can  be useful with my own limited capacity  ::P  geek/

Really thanks Souza !!!   ::P /bravo/
Last Edit: March 14, 2012, 08:36:53 PM by blankie
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions