Tink

Re: KONY 2012 (Please watch/read & share!!)
March 08, 2012, 10:38:17 PM
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I think everyone who's been on the internet in the past few days knows about this, thank God. But I know that there is stuff just like this, most likely even worse, going on unknown all over the world.. not just in Africa. I wish more could be done about that too. So many people are so cruel,  :evil:

Kony IS #1 on the most evil list! We take him down, save the Lost Children, help people.

Then, we go after #2. We make it extremely uncomfortable for these types to flourish - then, we can help even more people!!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Black & Proud! I'm like the Oracle/Batgirl, who helps Batman in the comic books. I believe in "Comic Book justice."

MJonmind

March 09, 2012, 04:21:25 AM

Last Edit: March 09, 2012, 04:28:06 AM by MJonmind
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

paula-c

March 09, 2012, 08:54:06 AM
When Fox News or CNN shout as " hysterical old " about a topic, something brought between hands
MJonmind,  I took the freedom to publish the contents of one of the links

From The Ramparts       

Junious Ricardo Stanton       

The Real Reason Obama Sent Troops To Uganda

“A DETERMINED push by Western wildcatters and big oil companies from fast-growing Asian economies such as those of China and Malaysia may change the fortunes of several countries in remoter and trickier bits of Africa once largely ignored by foreign investors. One of the most spectacular recent finds has been in Uganda. The reserves of the Albertine rift, which takes in the Ugandan and Congolese shores of Lake Albert (see map), are said to need $10 billion for development. All being well, Uganda will soon become a mid-sized producer, alongside countries such as Mexico. Foreign investment in Uganda may nearly double this year to $3 billion. The country expects to earn $2 billion a year from oil by 2015.” You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

On Friday October 14th President Obama sent a letter to Congress informing them he was sending a small contingent of US Special Ops Forces to Uganda ostensibly on another “humanitarian mission” to advise Ugandan officials tracking down Joseph Kony the newest bogey man being used to justify US intervention, imperialism and the imposition of AFRICOM on the African continent. Just like the Orwellian doublespeak Obama used when he and the NATO warmongers  attacked Libya for “humanitarian reasons” on behalf of the international bankers supposedly to prevent Col. Mormar Kadafi from killing rebels, Obama is now sending troops into Uganda to stop another “notorious bad guy” from murdering, looting and wrecking havoc in Central Africa! This song is getting old and tired: invasion is peace, massive murder of civilians is part of the program and theft of resources is liberation. George Orwell would be so proud.

At some point in time, the US public must stop believing the mass media’s unsubstantiated assertions and start asking pointed questions like: why after twenty-five years is Joseph Kony all of a sudden such an evil force? But beyond that, stop and think a minute and look at history. Where did Saddam Hussein and Osama bin-Laden get the weapons, military support and the knowhow the US claimed they were using to either to kill dissident Iraqis or to mastermind 9-11?  Now we are being asked to believe Joseph Kony is this monster who needs Uncle Sam to come in and bring him to justice?!  We need to ask ourselves where is Kony getting the weapons, camouflage gear, food and supplies he needed to start his reign of terror that has been going on for twenty-five years?  Did the Russians fund and supply him? Is it the Chinese or is it the West (Europeans)? Is it the US? From what the Western media says about him, and we know how reliable they are don’t we, we are supposed to believe Kony is a religious fanatic on a mission to seize power and run the country in accordance with the Ten Commandments. Hmm, except for the fighting, raping and killing he is doing, Kony could fit right in with the Christian Right in the US. He and George W. Bu$h must have a lot in common.

We are expected to believe via US media brainwashing this guy Kony stayed under the radar, getting guns ammunition, food and supplies from who knows where or out of thin air for twenty-five years then all of a sudden the US decides enough is enough, that US troops are a must and Joseph Kony is the target. Where was Uncle Sam when the Coltan Wars in Central Africa were being fought? What, you never heard of the Coltan Wars or the Congo wars? “Cellphones may have revolutionized the way we communicate, but in Central Africa their biggest legacy is war. Nearly 3 million people have died in Congo in a four-year war over coltan, a heat-resistant mineral ore widely used in cellphones, laptops and playstations. Eighty percent of the world's coltan reserves are in the Democratic Republic of Congo. The mountainous jungle area where the coltan is mined is the battleground of what has been grimly dubbed ‘Africa's first World War,’ pitting Congolese forces against those of six neighboring countries and numerous armed factions. The victims are mostly civilians. Starvation and disease have killed hundreds of thousands and the fighting has displaced 2 million people from their homes. Often dismissed as an ethnic war, the conflict is really over natural resources sought by foreign corporations -- diamonds, tin, copper, gold, but mostly coltan” You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

The US has been openly and clandestinely arming various ethnic groups in Africa for decades, fomenting hostilities and stoking the fires they create in order to justify selling more arms to whomever will buy them. Keep in mind the Africans  are buying the weapons on credit (with interest). This means the banksters get their cut along with the weapons manufacturers and the arms middle men and they all get paid from US tax payer dollars!! “Because many of the recipient countries remain some of the world’s poorest, the U.S. government provided around $87 million in foreign military financing loans (subsidized by U.S. taxpayer dollars) to cover the costs, increasing the debt burden that is already suffocating the continent. The DRC alone owes more than $150 million in outstanding DoD loans, with Liberia, Somalia, and Sudan owing another $160 million combined. These loans, accrued while corrupt dictators were serving as U.S. clients, have further contributed to the economic hardships of these nations by saddling them with unproductive military debt. In an article titled Why the U.S. Won’t Help, a Nairobi newspaper recently explained, ‘Right from the days of the Cold War, Western governments have been comfortable with a situation in which African regimes squandered meager resources on the instruments of war, borrowing from the West to finance domestic consumption. The war in the Congo and the countries involved in it are a case in point’... In 1998, the State Department licensed commercial weapons sales by U.S. manufacturers to sub-Saharan Africa worth up to $64 million, on top of the $12 million in government-to-government deliveries that year. Commercial sales to the region included 300 M16s, 236 pistols and revolvers, 3940 rifles, and 10.8 million cartridges of .22-.50 caliber ammunition. A number of the countries engaged in the Congo war were recipients of these stocks, including Zimbabwe, Uganda, and Namibia.  Congress also continues to provide only meager amounts of debt relief and development aid. Of the $370 million requested by the Clinton administration for various debt relief initiatives in FY2000, less than half – $123 million – was approved by Congress. The hypocrisy of asking Africa to develop and democratize while shrinking levels of non-military international aid and increasing weapons and training to the continent does not seem to have registered with policy-makers. To demonstrate real commitment to developing a new partnership with Africa, the U.S. needs to redirect the focus away from strengthening military capacity and toward promoting human development in Africa.”  Report: U.S. Arms to Africa and the Congo War - World Policy Institute - Research Project You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login 

On top of that the wars create instability and humanitarian crisis which gives the corporations and the Western government who serve them a pretext to come in and steal whatever it is they covet be it coltan, diamonds or in the case of Uganda, oil. Do you get the picture They are doing to Africa what they are doing in our communities here bringing in guns, and drugs fomenting strife and sitting back watching us kill each other!!!  By the way, did Obama or the mainstream media tell you oil was recently discovered in Uganda? “KAMPALA (Reuters) - Uganda expects to start refining crude oil from its fields in 2014 and the proceeds will help end the economy's dependence on donor aid, its president said. The east African nation discovered commercial oil deposits in 2006 in the Albertine basin along its border with the Democratic Republic of Congo and reserves of about 2.5 billion barrels have been confirmed...  The country's ministry of energy estimates the basin's crude reserves could climb to 6 billion barrels when fully explored. Only 40 percent of the basin has so far been studied. In November last year, the ministry said a phased construction of the refinery would begin in 2012, starting with capacity for limited production to satisfy the domestic market whose demand ranges between 20,000-25,000 barrels per day.” You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login...  Call me a cynic but it makes sense Obama would send troops into Uganda now that they have discovered oil there; especially as the US moves to secure all the continent’s resources and prevent the Chinese from gaining another toe hold in Africa. This is how they roll. To keep us inthe dark and make us fall for their okey-doke they tell us some cock and bull story about going after a “bad guy” who they armed and supported for twenty-five years. It’s the same ol’ same ol’ only this time its being done by a “black”  president.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

March 09, 2012, 09:19:25 AM
OMG i saw the video and i´m still in schock. Kony must be stopped of doing this atrocities to his own ppl. OMG! :'(
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bec

March 09, 2012, 10:39:15 AM
that video was too professional to be a true "grassroots" organization production. when an entity is spending that much money to appeal to emotion, one would wonder what the motive is. very slick, disturbing how easily the masses can be swayed to support violence and killing. sick.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Are you entertained?

March 09, 2012, 11:20:21 AM
Thank you, paula-c. I read all same things because I sensed an agenda
after crying my eyes out over poor kids. Before you act, research.
Too Much Manipulation. They Do Not Care about any African children, period.
They manipulate through our best intentions.
And it's not for the first time. Future will show the real agenda behind increased military presence
in Uganda. We go pro-war without realizing that. We have to think more and control our
emotions better, I know it's very hard when you are shown imagery of abused children.
I failed for similar traps several times in my life, and I learned my lesson well.
They can't use goodness in you to increase suffering in this world. Don't let them do that
to you. Think and research, and if nothing evil shows up for you, act only after doing that.
But like this you make a well thought-out choice, and if results will be bad, you'll learn
your lesson well.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

March 09, 2012, 11:24:48 AM
okay very disturbing .. i'd like to know if MJ is behind this group of not? iam 80% sure that he is :s
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

MJonmind

March 09, 2012, 01:58:41 PM
And it's not for the first time. Future will show the real agenda behind increased military presence
in Uganda. We go pro-war without realizing that. We have to think more and control our
emotions better, I know it's very hard when you are shown imagery of abused children.
I failed for similar traps several times in my life, and I learned my lesson well.
They can't use goodness in you to increase suffering in this world. Don't let them do that
to you. Think and research, and if nothing evil shows up for you, act only after doing that.
But like this you make a well thought-out choice, and if results will be bad, you'll learn
your lesson well.
/bravo/

There is no way MJ would be behind an agenda to bring in troops under the guise of humanitarianism and helping abused children, all for the purpose of further genocide to get oil and resources. MJ would want us to wake up, research and realize, "They don't really care about" those children or any of the millions of suffering/killed children around the world.  Kony2012 is a deceiving lie, using our caring emotions for evil purposes.  /scream/
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

March 09, 2012, 02:50:02 PM
your lesson well.
/bravo/

There is no way MJ would be behind an agenda to bring in troops under the guise of humanitarianism and helping abused children, all for the purpose of further genocide to get oil and resources. MJ would want us to wake up, research and realize, "They don't really care about" those children or any of the millions of suffering/killed children around the world.  Kony2012 is a deceiving lie, using our caring emotions for evil purposes.  /scream/

NO! cause please take a look at when the movie ( kony 2012) came out. March 05th 2012
Now  do you remember when MJ did his press conference at 02? Yeaah you're right March 05th 2009..
So, Again  a coincidence? hard to eat it and  i can't believe that  they made this   humanitarian campain only to arrest a pathetic man ..  and be able to rise MILLIONS of people throughout the world only to stop " one bad man "who killed well about  79000 children .that's Terrible indeed BUT i don't believe that government really care about so "few" people,  ..so it must be MUCH MORE important than this (what they said in video) I know for sure that this movie is manipulated to bring us make our own conclusion usin FEELING AND EMOTIONS  . But in what Purpose?
bad or good? i would say that MJ is behind this campain to STOP THEM and  turn the triangle UPSIDE DOWN . I feel like Michael is slowly giving us the name of who the real  criminals are!! and this campain has been  made to bring them out :/ sorry for my bad english :(   
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Grace

March 09, 2012, 03:29:56 PM
1) Which news did we miss?
2) Be aware that this is activating modern mobs and lynching commandos in the streets. This can happen to anybody. Be the news true or not. Know this.
3) Which leads to: whom did they want to get out of spotlight?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Create your day. Create the most astounding year of your life. Be the change you want to see in the world! L.O.V.E.
***********************************************************************************************
"I am tired, I am really tired of manipulation." Michael Jackson, Harlem, New York, NY, July 6, 2002
***********************************************************************************************
******* Let's tear the walls in the brains of this world down.*******

Time to BE.

March 09, 2012, 04:58:29 PM
Dooley in my school are sharing the message. We watched this video in school  today and more than 20 people in my class have Kony 2012 written on their hand.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Everytime I try to find him he's leaving no clues left behind him. And they have no way of knowing of the suspect, or what to expect
- My Smooth Criminal

L.O.V.E the world!

March 09, 2012, 05:03:22 PM
Not sure if this has been addressed, but according to a blog, Joseph Kony, as depicted in this documentary, has apparently been driven out of Uganda for at least six years and the LRA has been non-existent for the same period of time. Apparently there have been some pretty significant misrepresentations. Plus, we again have to look at both sides of perspective here. The invisible children campaign is implementing propaganda to help promote their documentary. How do they achieve such motive? They simply use emotional manipulation and imagery to help elicit a profound response from audiences watching their films. Yes, from 1999-2004, Uganda faced persistent issues with KONY and the LRA. However,  what has become problematic has been the inability to cure Nodding Disease, which claims over 4000 children and has even baffled many world renowned doctors as to how to treat this incredibly debilitating disease. Uganda is also home to the highest amount of child prostitutes inhabiting the area. These are the issues that are plaguing the streets of Uganda, not Kony and the LRA, which have deteriorated into obscurity.

Congratulations, America. You have given recognition to a video about events that have already been neutralized, and although Kony may still pose as a substantial threat, he has been driven out of Uganda for years now and The goal of the video was to attend to such notion. Can't say i'm surprised, and unfortunately, this is a harsh reminder that Americans yet again have failed to look beyond the detail and not get easily drawn  in by compassionate images and heart wrenching stories. We need to be mindful of what the media portrays, even social media such as Youtube. remember to keep an open-mindset and before you make any donationsa nd support this documentaries efforts, try your best to look validity and try to be informed on what is presently presiding in that area of the world.

"To call the campaign a misrepresentation is an understatement. While it draws attention to the fact that Kony, indicted for war crimes by the International Criminal Court in 2005, is still on the loose, its portrayal of his alleged crimes in Northern Uganda are from a bygone era. At the height of the war between especially 1999 and 2004, large hordes of children took refuge on the streets of Gulu town to escape the horrors of abduction and brutal conscription to the ranks of the LRA. Today most of these children are semi-adults. Many are still on the streets unemployed. Gulu has the highest numbers of child prostitutes in Uganda. It also has one of the highest rates of HIV/AIDS and Hepatitis.

If six years ago children in Uganda would have feared the hell of being part of the LRA, a well documented reality already, today the real invisible children are those suffering from "Nodding Disease". Over 4000 children are victims of this incurable debilitating condition. It's a neurological disease that has baffled world scientists and attacks mainly children from the most war affected districts of Kitgum, Pader and Gulu."
Last Edit: March 09, 2012, 05:05:47 PM by mrbigshot
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Coming soon to a trial near you; MJ: the resurrection

everlastinglove_MJ

March 09, 2012, 05:44:35 PM

"KONY 2012" is certainly getting world attention because the message with its heartbreaking images and film reports has that effect on our emotions. When I saw this film I was wondering what the mission of Invisible Children is and if there is more behind their motives. I do not want to be skeptical about this movie because it is a fact that it reached public awareness about these horrible crimes, which is VERY important!
In the next video some research about KONY 2012 has been discussed and they came up with interesting arguments. It is a complicated matter because although only 31% of the donations is spent on charity, the biggest amount is spent on film production and publicity for this movie with the purpose to create high public awareness. Still, the question is: has charity money reached the right hands or the wrong hands? Probably we will never know.. my question is: should I keep believing in good intentions...? Because if I should not and everyone should not, being skeptical and suspicious, this will bring us not any further either....to change, to make this a better world :?.

with L.O.V.E.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fenpDAZ01KU [/youtube]
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
It's all for L.O.V.E.

Tink

March 09, 2012, 07:11:33 PM

"KONY 2012" is certainly getting world attention because the message with its heartbreaking images and film reports has that effect on our emotions. When I saw this film I was wondering what the mission of Invisible Children is and if there is more behind their motives. I do not want to be skeptical about this movie because it is a fact that it reached public awareness about these horrible crimes, which is VERY important!
In the next video some research about KONY 2012 has been discussed and they came up with interesting arguments. It is a complicated matter because although only 31% of the donations is spent on charity, the biggest amount is spent on film production and publicity for this movie with the purpose to create high public awareness. Still, the question is: has charity money reached the right hands or the wrong hands? Probably we will never know.. my question is: should I keep believing in good intentions...? Because if I should not and everyone should not, being skeptical and suspicious, this will bring us not any further either....to change, to make this a better world :?.

with L.O.V.E.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fenpDAZ01KU [/youtube]

He's in the Congo now.

Look at it this way: something is better than nothing. If 33% of monies gathered reach the area, it's better than some charities which only have to give 10%!

Also, you need to be aware that it's about EMPOWERMENT for the PEOPLE who live there! Education is #1, so they don't become victims in the first place.
#2, is that they are able to create sustainable economies, so working for Kony isn't desirable on any level.

It's about economics. Just be careful that doesn't become "Whitey saves the day, with their idealism." Of course you've got some morons being jerks! They'd rather ignore the entire situation, like they've been doing for decades.

We need to capture or kill Kony, then educate and teach his ex-soldiers, and re-integrate them. Teach them it's wrong to abuse women. Not all can be saved,
but I bet you, 90% can be!

Believe in the best of humanity - for these people need help. But remember, they need advisors who understand the area. Kony is a wolverine hiding in sheeps clothing, and is abusing the Lord's word! He's a False Prophet, and is trying to keep his followers ignorant - just like the Mullahs in the Middle East.
His Charisma and weapons have gotten him far - but once you cut his financial source off, which from what I can see is HUMAN trafficking, prostitution,
& weapons dealing, possibly drugs, then he's undone.

Don't listen to the propaganda - for he wants you to. Take a stand, help the Lost Children! For though many are adults, they carry the souls of children,
locked in the agony of being kidnapped and forced to do atrocities. They need help with PTSD, and only God knows what else.

I strongly believe, THIS is one of the goals we all should meet this year - WE CAN MAKE A CHANGE!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Black & Proud! I'm like the Oracle/Batgirl, who helps Batman in the comic books. I believe in "Comic Book justice."

anewfan

March 10, 2012, 12:46:33 AM
I'm predicting Obama will miraculously capture and kill this guy right before election time.......... :roll:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Your true character is how you act when no one is looking.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal