MJonmind

Re: Website changes
March 06, 2012, 02:32:57 PM

I'm kinda old school and hate changes--stressful. errrr crash/ :cry:   BUT, every change in the past has been helpful to the forum, and I know that you, Souza, have never steered us wrong. /bravo/  Whatever and whenever BAM is, I'm sure will bring a definite influx.  To be successful long term, we have to look future or die.

For my interests, number one is hoax related, number two MJ interest, number 3 is forum family, and number 4 is general non-hoax news seen through our eyes. But they are all 4 intertwined and so I hate to see them separated--can't have one without the others.  The fun f family stuff is usually sandwiched in the midst of the MJ stuff, so I don't see separating them.  Humorous discussion just happens spontaneously, and I love that!  We already have the religious stuff on another forum, and hardly anyone goes there because it's cut off so to speak.  My worst nightmare is the site shutting down/crashing permanently like the first one.  As long as THAT doesn't happen, I'm good with whatever.  I like to be able to go back to my old posts, and check other people's posts whenever, use the Search, go into some older topics.  I'm basically very happy with the way the forum is now, but I trust your admin wisdom.

Just one request-- whenever I go on, I first like to see how many and who are online, the stats for the day.  Could you put them on the top of the new current topics page?  I would appreciate that! :D

Also can you let us know at least the day before if the site is going to be down and how long?  Thanks again!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

marumjj

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • "Lies run sprints, but the truth runs marathons"
  • Smile, though your heart will hurt
March 06, 2012, 03:10:21 PM
I agree with the change, it seems to have a more relaxed place where newbies like me, maybe we can ask or ask for help without interrupting a thread of discussion.
I therefore thank Souza work and dedication. I'm sending a   bearhug
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bec

March 06, 2012, 03:52:27 PM
I have infinite faith in you, Souza.

You know I do suffer from PTSD re: forum changes thank you original mjhd.com.

I will probably spaz n fret quietly to myself and then be happy again<--- as per normal.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Are you entertained?

mattie

March 06, 2012, 03:54:26 PM
For the dummy's like me it is  /overreacting/
I registerred today 3 times and saw al kind of strange pages?
I needed a activation key :shock:Dont know what that is??
But finaly i found this link..Big relief!!!!

Ofcource i understand this can not be avoided al the time.
But it is stressful!
Greetings :(

(sorry for my English..Trying)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

blankie

• Registered users
  • Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • It's all for L.O.V.E.
March 06, 2012, 04:18:03 PM
Even for me until recently it was impossible login to the forum   errrr errrr ....that fear  errrr  errrr...even now  is strange the box of the reply... Excuse me Souza If I gave you trouble  :? , but do not know what to think   confused/ crash/...   only fear  errrr ...Thanks for all ....really... with all my L.O.V.E. and faith !!! bearhug  moonwalk_/
Last Edit: March 06, 2012, 04:55:00 PM by blankie
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
LOVE YOU MORE

March 06, 2012, 04:37:36 PM
Great ideas, Souza.  Fully support your judgment regarding whatever changes you think best.  Thanks for all your hard work.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
It's all for L.O.V.E.

curls

March 07, 2012, 02:07:45 AM
I'm a bit confused Souza, as you say you want everything in one place but you also want to split the forum in 2. Maybe that's just techie stuff I don't understand!  :oops:

All I would request is that if possible you keep the 'Show unread posts since last visit' button, for everything, in one place. That way we can easily choose which threads to read or not, as I do now, without the risk of missing interesting or important ones because they're in some place I might not regularly visit.

'Splits' worry me!  errrr As does the fact you're doing this once again now, in readiness for future heavy traffic - as I fear you may have to do it all over again before that happy day arrives!  ;)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

SimPattyK

• Registered users
  • Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • MJ & ELVIS are ALIVE ~ TRUTH always prevails!
March 07, 2012, 06:09:24 AM
 /bravo/ Souza for the initiative of making changes and improvements !!
I always welcome anything like that!

And by the way you describe it, sounds more like a great project to be than just a simple re-arrangement! I am all excited!!  :)
I totally LOVE the idea of it all! especially thinking about the BAM moment!! and noticing how many new members have joined the forum lately!!
This is just the beginning! You do very well to prevent a massive blockage from happening when large numbers of people will be here connected at the same time!

I only need to remember how the Murray Trial-thread had been totally BLOCKED those days, when about 40-50 people were trying to read it and post on it at the same time! it was a CHAOS! While you wrote 4 words, another 10 messages appeared! You clicked the Send button and the message would appear only 15 minutes after...so the whole meaning of it was lost since in the mean time other messages had been posted! loll It was a crazy situation! I can only imagine what it would be after the BAM!  OMG!

So if you can do something to prevent that from happening again, I can only fully support you and tell me if you need any help!
I am grateful to you for this amazing forum, for all your efforts to maintain it clean and always in shape and up to date! I admire you for your dedication! You owe us nothing, really! And we don't help you with much, but our mere presence here! Yet you never let us down! Million thanks!!

I also appreciate you for respecting the beLIEvers - fans! Indeed you noticed our need to discuss fan-base related subjects not only hoax-related subjects. And I am happy you do not exclude those threads from your future project! Because it really is difficult to be a beLIEver among non-believer forums out there!! I prefer to share my fan-thoughts (pics, links, videos, ideas) with other beLIEVer-fans than with non-believers! I would feel restricted there! That's why I never register on those forums! neither do I go on  FB pages of non-believers (only to "fish" rare photos :p  :lol: )
So you had a great idea to include an only fan-section in your Community site! also  very clever decision! as this would attract more people here, that are not necessarily hoax- beLIEVers! ;) but who will eventually be curious enough and tempted to "throw an eye" in the hoax-section, too , thus they will have their eyes opened!! ;)
I like your perspective and constructive thinking, Souza!! ;)

And WOW!! I so LOVED you ideas of making this more like a TMZ site!! humm.... I'm so impatient to see what exactly you have in mind !! But I LOVE the idea!!

You also said that we can give you suggestions and ideas.
Well for the beginning, I'll have one suggestion please! I hope it doesn't sound like a pretentious demand. I don't want to sound like I am asking!!
But I would be happy if you can do it. I am talking about gathering all Presely hoax-related threads in just ONE distinct section, because right now they are all pretty scattered in many places around the forum... Please Please Please!  bearhug elvis_/

KEEP UP the great job Souza!  respect/ bow/
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
MJ & ELVIS are ALIVE ~ You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

March 10, 2012, 01:11:47 PM
Hi Souza, 

Finally got on the forum.  Got nervous that the site was down/gone!

I understand the need to separate and it is definately best for this forum.  You have never steered us wrong and I greatly appreciate your hard work and foresight with keeping this forum up and running. I have never gone on any other site for fear of being rejected, ridiculed or thrown off.  I found this site about a month after it went up and have always felt that you made us feel safe and we could express ourselves.

God Bless you and whatever happens this year (BAM) we are with you and I approve any and all changes that you make - as it is for all of us.

Thank you Souza for your perserverance and dedication.

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
MICHAEL...
The Light of GOD Surrounds You
The Love of GOD Enfolds You
The Power of GOD Protects You
Amen

November

suspicious mind

March 10, 2012, 03:35:56 PM
don't forget the site navigation for dummies section for me! and make the button really big so i can't miss it ! :-[
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be shrewd as serpents and as innocent as doves."  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Why not just tell people I'm an alien from Mars? Tell them I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight. They'll believe anything you say, because you're a reporter. But if I, Michael Jackson, were to say, "I'm an alien from Mars and I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight," people would say, "Oh, man, that Michael Jackson is nuts. He's cracked up. You can't believe a single word that comes out of his mouth."

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal