suspicious mind

Re: Hacker's Steal MJ's Back Catalogue
March 05, 2012, 08:18:02 AM
ok anyone else remember ( or am i imagining again) a very long time ago maybe it was a random poster or one of the "insiders" made a statement. something to the effect of you can't steal something if you already own it ? anybody? bangbang
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be shrewd as serpents and as innocent as doves."  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Why not just tell people I'm an alien from Mars? Tell them I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight. They'll believe anything you say, because you're a reporter. But if I, Michael Jackson, were to say, "I'm an alien from Mars and I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight," people would say, "Oh, man, that Michael Jackson is nuts. He's cracked up. You can't believe a single word that comes out of his mouth."

Andrea

March 05, 2012, 08:52:36 AM
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
ok anyone else remember ( or am i imagining again) a very long time ago maybe it was a random poster or one of the "insiders" made a statement. something to the effect of you can't steal something if you already own it ? anybody? bangbang

I remember something like this...?  Or maybe I'm thinking of the scene from V for Vendetta when Evey is first in the Shadow Gallery and is commenting on all the valuables V has and asks if he stole them when he said he got them from the ministry of objectional materials.  He replies, "Stealing implies ownership.  You can't steal from the censor.  I merely reclaimed them."
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

March 05, 2012, 03:18:52 PM
Okay is there more to this Sony hacking then we think!!! Didn't Michael  get the rights to own his master songs back in October 2011?! If this is true then he owns his own work and doesn't Michael own 50% of Sony!!!! So is it pay back time? could it be the hackers are working for someone? Could this be the start of Sony going down? If Sony had all these songs don't you think they would be truning out MJ albums one after the other to get the most cash that they could!!!  No I think there is something behind this all? It could be that Sony never had them in the first place or there is a deal going on behind the scene!!! Michael always said " just because its in print doesn't mean its gospel" Remember that "The Best Is Yet To Come" and we are still in The Great Adventure!!!!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

March 05, 2012, 03:26:38 PM
See my 2 UK post for an update on this.  Could not find this thread. sorry.  Mods can combine if necessary.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Don't stop this child, He's the father of man
Don't cross his way, He's part of the plan
I am that child, but so are you
You've just forgotten, Just lost the clue.”

MJ "Magical Child"
Still Rocking my World…
   and leaving me Speechless!

“True goodbyes are the ones never said

everlastinglove_MJ

March 05, 2012, 05:18:03 PM
I don't believe this story, it could be a hoax with a purpose. Anyway, I believe MJ's still the owner of the catalogue. It doesn't matter if the story is true, it seems that Sony's reputation is getting damaged more & more by the media.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login and now this news. Could we, the consumers, really trust Sony after all this negative news? It surely are hard times for Sony :mrgreen:

L.O.V.E.
Last Edit: March 05, 2012, 05:31:21 PM by everlastinglove_MJ
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
It's all for L.O.V.E.

MissG

March 05, 2012, 06:08:04 PM
Wow. Do we know who made the hack?

Applehead....I adore your avatar!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
("Minkin güerveeeee")
Michael pls come back

"Why a four-year-old child could understand this hoax. Run out and find me a four-year-old child. I can't make head nor tail out of it"

Grace

March 06, 2012, 12:19:31 AM
We remember this:

March 16
250 million $$$
10 albums over 7 years.

Sony Places Big Bet on a Fallen 'King'
Music Company Signs $250 Million Album Deal With Jackson Estate

By You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login               

Months after his death, Michael Jackson set a music-industry record, thanks to a deal between his estate and Sony Corp. valued at as much as $250 million, according to people familiar with the terms.

The deal—touted by both Sony and Mr. Jackson's estate as the most lucrative recording contract ever— guarantees the estate at least $200 million. With 10 albums over seven years, the deal will involve a mix of previously unreleased songs and new packages of familiar ones.

The  dollar amount is especially striking against the backdrop of the music industry as a whole, in which U.S. album sales have plunged 52% in a decade. Superstar deals worth tens of millions of dollars per album were rare even at the peak of the CD-sales boom in the late 1990s. Yet it also underscores that the biggest acts are becoming even more essential to record labels, as individual fans purchase fewer albums each year.

Since Mr. Jackson's death on June 25, Sony has sold an estimated 31 million of his albums globally. By the first anniversary of his death, his estate expects to have earned $250 million from sales of music, merchandise and tickets to the posthumous concert film "This Is It."

The advances being paid by Sony are to be offset by sales of albums as well as revenue generated by licensing Mr. Jackson's music for uses like videogames, movies and theatrical performances. But unlike the megadeals struck in recent years by concert promoter You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  Inc. with pop stars Jay-Z and Madonna, the Jackson deal doesn't give Sony income from other parts of the late singer's business, such as merchandise sales or fees for licensing his name and likeness.

In an interview, Rob Stringer, chairman of Sony Music Entertainment's Columbia/Epic Label Group, said that his company was confident it would more than recoup its hefty investment, which he characterized as more than just a record deal.

"We see it as a partnership," Mr. Stringer said.
The deal should give Mr. Jackson's heirs plenty of breathing room with respect to the crushing debt load he had built up in his final years. With his album sales dwindling and concert touring ground to a halt, Mr. Jackson borrowed heavily to finance his lavish lifestyle

The estate is likely to pay off about $125 million in debt by the end of this year, including $35 million owed to AEG Live, the promoter that was to stage a series of concerts by Mr. Jackson in London. The estate is likely to refinance another $325 million backed by Mr. Jackson's two biggest assets: Sony/ATV Music Publishing, his venture with Sony that owns copyrights to 251 Beatles songs; and his 2,600-acre Neverland Valley Ranch outside Santa Barbara, Calif.

A $300 million loan backed by Sony/ATV and held by Barclays PLC matures at the end of the year, and before Mr. Jackson's death it loomed as a major financial challenge.

In striking the deal, Sony is betting that the appetite for Mr. Jackson's music will prove more than just a spike generated by his unexpected death and the ensuing round-the-clock coverage. A record contract struck in the early 1980s gave Mr. Jackson ownership of his recordings. Sony had the right to distribute those recordings through 2015. The new deal extends that right until at least 2017, and adds the rights to material recorded since then.

The new deal, like the one from the 1980s, was negotiated by John Branca, Mr. Jackson's long-time lawyer and now an administrator of the estate.

The deal retroactively covers the soundtrack album to "This Is It," plus a range of other releases, some of which have been mapped out, with others to be determined later. An album of previously unreleased songs is likely to hit stores before the end of this year, and another collection is due out later. The deal is also likely to cover expanded reissues of Mr. Jackson's albums "Off the Wall" and "Bad," as well as collections of remixes. A DVD of all of Mr. Jackson's music videos is likely to be created at some point.

Speculation has circulated that Cirque du Soleil would create a Las Vegas show based on Mr. Jackson's music, as it already has done with Beatles' music. If it does, a soundtrack album of some kind would likely be part of the deal.               

The estate could probably wipe out the debts entirely by selling its half of Sony/ATV, although such a drastic step is viewed as unlikely now that Mr. Jackson's posthumous business is generating so much cash.
Mr. Jackson acquired ATV for $47.5 million in 1985. Sony in 1995 paid $150 million to become a 50% partner in the venture. Mr. Jackson's half is now valued at at least $1 billion.

Copyright 2012 Dow Jones & Company, Inc. All Rights Reserved

I wonder if these "financial analysts" ever read with a clear mind what they wrote.
There's a reason for everything.

Michael, you rock!  :mrgreen:
Last Edit: March 06, 2012, 01:20:18 PM by Grace
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Create your day. Create the most astounding year of your life. Be the change you want to see in the world! L.O.V.E.
***********************************************************************************************
"I am tired, I am really tired of manipulation." Michael Jackson, Harlem, New York, NY, July 6, 2002
***********************************************************************************************
******* Let's tear the walls in the brains of this world down.*******

Time to BE.

everlastinglove_MJ

March 06, 2012, 04:57:15 AM
We remember this:

March 16
250 million $$$
10 albums over 7 years.

Sony Places Big Bet on a Fallen 'King'
Music Company Signs $250 Million Album Deal With Jackson Estate

By You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login               

Months after his death, Michael Jackson set a music-industry record, thanks to a deal between his estate and Sony Corp. valued at as much as $250 million, according to people familiar with the terms.

The deal—touted by both Sony and Mr. Jackson's estate as the most lucrative recording contract ever— guarantees the estate at least $200 million. With 10 albums over seven years, the deal will involve a mix of previously unreleased songs and new packages of familiar ones.

The  dollar amount is especially striking against the backdrop of the music industry as a whole, in which U.S. album sales have plunged 52% in a decade. Superstar deals worth tens of millions of dollars per album were rare even at the peak of the CD-sales boom in the late 1990s. Yet it also underscores that the biggest acts are becoming even more essential to record labels, as individual fans purchase fewer albums each year.

Since Mr. Jackson's death on June 25, Sony has sold an estimated 31 million of his albums globally. By the first anniversary of his death, his estate expects to have earned $250 million from sales of music, merchandise and tickets to the posthumous concert film "This Is It."

The advances being paid by Sony are to be offset by sales of albums as well as revenue generated by licensing Mr. Jackson's music for uses like videogames, movies and theatrical performances. But unlike the megadeals struck in recent years by concert promoter You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  Inc. with pop stars Jay-Z and Madonna, the Jackson deal doesn't give Sony income from other parts of the late singer's business, such as merchandise sales or fees for licensing his name and likeness.

In an interview, Rob Stringer, chairman of Sony Music Entertainment's Columbia/Epic Label Group, said that his company was confident it would more than recoup its hefty investment, which he characterized as more than just a record deal.

"We see it as a partnership," Mr. Stringer said.
The deal should give Mr. Jackson's heirs plenty of breathing room with respect to the crushing debt load he had built up in his final years. With his album sales dwindling and concert touring ground to a halt, Mr. Jackson borrowed heavily to finance his lavish lifestyle

The estate is likely to pay off about $125 million in debt by the end of this year, including $35 million owed to AEG Live, the promoter that was to stage a series of concerts by Mr. Jackson in London. The estate is likely to refinance another $325 million backed by Mr. Jackson's two biggest assets: Sony/ATV Music Publishing, his venture with Sony that owns copyrights to 251 Beatles songs; and his 2,600-acre Neverland Valley Ranch outside Santa Barbara, Calif.

A $300 million loan backed by Sony/ATV and held by Barclays PLC matures at the end of the year, and before Mr. Jackson's death it loomed as a major financial challenge.

In striking the deal, Sony is betting that the appetite for Mr. Jackson's music will prove more than just a spike generated by his unexpected death and the ensuing round-the-clock coverage. A record contract struck in the early 1980s gave Mr. Jackson ownership of his recordings. Sony had the right to distribute those recordings through 2015. The new deal extends that right until at least 2017, and adds the rights to material recorded since then.

The new deal, like the one from the 1980s, was negotiated by John Branca, Mr. Jackson's long-time lawyer and now an administrator of the estate.

The deal retroactively covers the soundtrack album to "This Is It," plus a range of other releases, some of which have been mapped out, with others to be determined later. An album of previously unreleased songs is likely to hit stores before the end of this year, and another collection is due out later. The deal is also likely to cover expanded reissues of Mr. Jackson's albums "Off the Wall" and "Bad," as well as collections of remixes. A DVD of all of Mr. Jackson's music videos is likely to be created at some point.

Speculation has circulated that Cirque du Soleil would create a Las Vegas show based on Mr. Jackson's music, as it already has done with Beatles' music. If it does, a soundtrack album of some kind would likely be part of the deal.               

The estate could probably wipe out the debts entirely by selling its half of Sony/ATV, although such a drastic step is viewed as unlikely now that Mr. Jackson's posthumous business is generating so much cash.
Mr. Jackson acquired ATV for $47.5 million in 1985. Sony in 1995 paid $150 million to become a 50% partner in the venture. Mr. Jackson's half is now valued at at least $1 billion.

Copyright 2012 Dow Jones & Company, Inc. All Rights Reserved

I wonder if these "financial analysis" ever read with a clear mind what they wrote.
There's a reason for everything.

Michael, you rock!  :mrgreen:

Thanks Grace! I remember this article.
In striking the deal, Sony is betting that the appetite for Mr. Jackson's music will prove more than just a spike generated by his unexpected death and the ensuing round-the-clock coverage

Maybe by releasing snippets of "hacked" unreleased MJ songs and the publicity on the web will improve the interest and appetite for MJ music on a large scale even more. There's a reason for everything for sure  ;D
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
It's all for L.O.V.E.

March 06, 2012, 01:08:07 PM
 OMG!  Does this imply that FANS hacked into the catlogues to prove if the Casico tracks were legit???? 

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions