Katie2Topic starter

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • Life is not a problem to be solved, but a reality
Hacker's Steal MJ's Back Catalogue
March 04, 2012, 05:39:05 AM
The UK Sunday Times today is reporting that hackers have stolen 'Michael Jackson's entire back catalogue and a wealth of unreleased material worth £160m.'

The hackers allegedly downloaded more than 50,000 digital music files in the biggest ever cyber attack on a record company.

'Everything Sony purchased from the MJ estate was compromised' said a well placed source.

The Jackson hack was dicovered weeks after a Playstation hack, from routine monitoring of social networking sites, Jackson fan sites and hacking forums. It caused Sony to check their systems and they found the breach. Sony identified the weakness and plugged the gap.

The theft has implications for all living and dead Sony music artists.
 Sony music confirmed last night that it had been hacked and its Michael Jackson material stolen. A Sony source said that the company immediately alerted the MJ estate but had no obligation to make the theft public as it had not involved customer data.

The company has contacted the cybercrime wing of the Serious Organised Crime Agency, which has taken over the case. Two men appeared in court last week charged with offences under the Computer Misuse Act. They denied the charges and were remanded on bail.

Sony really does not have good protection, if they got hacked AGAIN. But hey, look on the bright side we might get new unreleased MJ songs  :)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Re: Hacker's Steal MJ's Back Catalogue
March 04, 2012, 06:39:55 AM
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
The UK Sunday Times today is reporting that hackers have stolen 'Michael Jackson's entire back catalogue and a wealth of unreleased material worth £160m.'

The hackers allegedly downloaded more than 50,000 digital music files in the biggest ever cyber attack on a record company.

'Everything Sony purchased from the MJ estate was compromised' said a well placed source.

The Jackson hack was dicovered weeks after a Playstation hack, from routine monitoring of social networking sites, Jackson fan sites and hacking forums. It caused Sony to check their systems and they found the breach. Sony identified the weakness and plugged the gap.

The theft has implications for all living and dead Sony music artists  :? .
 Sony music confirmed last night that it had been hacked and its Michael Jackson material stolen. A Sony source said that the company immediately alerted the MJ estate but had no obligation to make the theft public as it had not involved customer data.

The company has contacted the cybercrime wing of the Serious Organised Crime Agency, which has taken over the case. Two men appeared in court last week charged with offences under the Computer Misuse Act. They denied the charges and were remanded on bail.

Sony really does not have good protection, if they got hacked AGAIN. But hey, look on the bright side we might get new unreleased MJ songs  :)

What  :shock: ???? Implication for LIVIND and DEAD Sony music artist????  Is this for REAL  WTF?? ????
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

March 04, 2012, 02:18:12 PM
1+ 6+ 0. Hmmmm!  smiley_spider There’s that number 7 again.   /white flag/
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Don't stop this child, He's the father of man
Don't cross his way, He's part of the plan
I am that child, but so are you
You've just forgotten, Just lost the clue.”

MJ "Magical Child"
Still Rocking my World…
   and leaving me Speechless!

“True goodbyes are the ones never said

loyalfan

March 04, 2012, 02:18:53 PM
how are they allowed to do this ???????????? ???/

That's bad! £160million worth of Michael Jackson's back catalogue has been stolen

Michael Jackson's entire back catalogue has been stolen by internet hackers. Sony music suffered its second major security breach in a year, with thieves targeting songs and unreleased material by the superstar singer. It's alleged they downloaded more than 50,000 music files, worth £160million, in the biggest ever cyber attack on a music company. The news comes just a year after Sony paid £250million for the seven-year rights to the songs following Jacko's death. The contract with Jackson's estate also allowed them to release 10 new albums, including material from studio sessions produced during the making of some of the star's biggest albums. The singer, who died in June 2009 at the age of 50, had recorded unreleased duets with artists ranging from the late Freddie Mercury and Black Eyed Peas singer Will.i.am.
Last Edit: March 04, 2012, 02:43:41 PM by ForstAMoon
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Grace

March 04, 2012, 02:54:41 PM
So this is about hackers who steal a "back" catalog?
What's this now, a "back catalog"?

Either it's a full catalog which is front seat published or it's some hits that are somewhere available already.
Unreleased material goes into a safe anyway, especially if it is worth hundreds of millions of $$$.

160 million pounds only for the complete catalog? Ooops, MJ just took a deep dive in value.
Really?
Do I believe this?

NO.

Back's stolen catalog gets on the thieves' trail to the UK?
 ;)

I'd say, Back's on the road to the UK.
Where's my popcorn?

I was expecting news, today. Blessings.
Last Edit: March 04, 2012, 03:07:17 PM by Grace
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Create your day. Create the most astounding year of your life. Be the change you want to see in the world! L.O.V.E.
***********************************************************************************************
"I am tired, I am really tired of manipulation." Michael Jackson, Harlem, New York, NY, July 6, 2002
***********************************************************************************************
******* Let's tear the walls in the brains of this world down.*******

Time to BE.

March 04, 2012, 04:03:02 PM
So this is about hackers who steal a "back" catalog?
What's this now, a "back catalog"?

Either it's a full catalog which is front seat published or it's some hits that are somewhere available already.
Unreleased material goes into a safe anyway, especially if it is worth hundreds of millions of $$$.

160 million pounds only for the complete catalog? Ooops, MJ just took a deep dive in value.
Really?
Do I believe this?

NO.

Back's stolen catalog gets on the thieves' trail to the UK?
 ;)

I'd say, Back's on the road to the UK.
Where's my popcorn?

I was expecting news, today. Blessings.

Grace you are very funny my friend  :lol:  :lol:  :lol: !!!
I really believe that “We’ve All Been Played” HA HA HA .....by some Anonymous maybe  :idea:  ;)) ......who knows  lolol/   mj_bad/ !!!!
It seems that not only Sony is a target this days cause Interpol in on their list too  :? .The attack came as Interpol announced it arrested 25 suspected hackers from the movement in Europe and South America  smiley_spider .

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pz5o8EO3JAs[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCscVsyJ-Ck&feature=related[/youtube]
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

March 04, 2012, 04:34:43 PM
What the hell is "back catalogue" ? Non-native English speaker here...
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Please, click "I Like It" on my Facebook page if you like my drawings :) You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login<br>

March 04, 2012, 05:22:31 PM
That means that his "Back" Catalogue is on the internet, correct?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Learn from the greats and be greater

MaryK

• Registered users
  • Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • The world is just illusion, trying to change you
March 04, 2012, 05:28:30 PM
What the hell is "back catalogue" ? Non-native English speaker here...
The back catalogue is the entirety of those music titles of a record label that are still consignable but not currently being prepared or merchandised as new releases (as per German Wikipedia....I am not an expert in music terminology  :lol: )
So basically every "old" and already released music title becomes a part of the back catalogue.

The term is also used for the complete works of an artist.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You and I were never separate

It's just an illusion

Wrought by the magical lens of Perception

Tink

March 04, 2012, 06:49:22 PM
The "living or dead" artists got me! ;))
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Black & Proud! I'm like the Oracle/Batgirl, who helps Batman in the comic books. I believe in "Comic Book justice."

March 04, 2012, 09:50:47 PM

Sony music suffered its second major security breach in a year, with thieves targeting songs and unreleased material by the superstar singer.

It's alleged they downloaded more than 50,000 music files, worth £160million, in the biggest ever cyber attack on a music company.

The news comes just a year after Sony paid £250million for the seven-year rights to the songs following Jacko's death.

The contract with Jackson's estate also allowed them to release 10 new albums, including material from studio sessions produced during the making of some of the star's biggest albums.

The singer, who died in June 2009 at the age of 50, had recorded unreleased duets with artists ranging from the late Freddie Mercury and Black Eyed Peas singer Will.i.am.

In April the details of 77million gamers were stolen after Sony's PlayStation Network was hacked. The breach cost Sony £106million and hugely damaged their reputation.

The attack on the Jackson files occurred shortly afterwards but has not been revealed until now.

The hack was discovered during routine monitoring of social networking sites, Jackson fan sites and hacking forums.

A source close to the company said: "Everything Sony purchased from the Michael Jackson estate was compromised.

"It caused them to check their systems and they found the breach. There was a degree of sophistication.

"Sony identified the weakness and plugged the gap."

The hack has compromised the work of other artists managed by the firm, including songs by Jimi Hendrix, Paul Simon, Olly Murs, the Foo Fighters and Avril Lavigne.

The source added that the second breach happening so soon after the first "would have made investors and artists think, 'What other part of Sony isn't secure?'"

Last night Sony admitted there had been a security breach and that the Michael Jackson material had been stolen but refused to say how much the hackers downloaded.

A source within the company said that although the Jackson estate had been told about the hack the company did not have to make the knowledge public as there was no customer data involved.

They added that computer experts had traced the hack to the UK by examining a "fingerprint" allegedly left behind.

The Serious Organised Crime division took up the case and two men appeared in court last week charged with offences under the computer Misuse Act.

They denied all charges and were remanded on bail.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

You rocked my world, you know you did
And everything I own I give
The rarest love who\'d think I\'d find
Someone like you to call mine

"Let us dream of tomorrow where we can truly love from the soul, and know love as the ultimate truth at the heart of all creation."
------Michael Jackson

Those who go beneath the surface do so at their peril. --Oscar Wilde

March 04, 2012, 10:00:02 PM
Thank you so much for that Darkchild. Love.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Learn from the greats and be greater

skyways

March 04, 2012, 11:44:01 PM
So@ official aknowledgement from Sony that  Back is MJ ?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

2good2btrue

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • FORGIVENESS IS THE KEY TO YOUR HAPPINESS
March 05, 2012, 02:06:53 AM

This is according to Taaj Malik on Facebook -------------------------------------------------------------------------

Taaj Malik

NO, THIS CAN NOT BE TRUE, WHY WOULD THE ESTATE HAND OVER MICHAELS CATALOG TO SONY!!!! WHAT THE FFFFFFF THEY HAD ALBUM DEALS, WHEN DID MICHAEL HAND OVER HIS ENTIRE CATALOG TO $$ONY, IF HE DID THEY WOULD HAVE ALREADY HAD IT !!! THESE CROOKS ARE TYING TO IMPLICATE ANONYMOUS, GRANTED THEY DID HACK SONY, BUT MJ'S (UNRELEASED) MUSIC SHOULD NEVER HAVE BEEN ON A SERVER!! SHOULD NEVER HAVE BEEN IN SONY POS...SESSION!!!
THIS IS THE BEGINNING OF THE DOWNFALL OF SONY/ATV CATALOG AS WE KNOW IT! AND THAT SCUM JOHN BRANCA IS THE ONLY ONE PERSON WHO IS ALLOWING THIS TO HAPPEN!! AS IT IS THEM HE WORKS FOR, NOT MICHAEL, IT WAS AEG WHO HIRED HIM, NOT MICHAEL, AND THIS IS EVIDENT BY THESE EVENTS, BTW, I AM NOT SHOUTING, JUST EMPHASIZING MY POINT!! THK YOU
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Grace

March 05, 2012, 08:07:08 AM
"There's more to come" - hope my popcorn bucket will be big enough...

We've heard the fans' voices many times.
Were they right?
Not to my knowledge.

Where's the "avoid entrapment" button this time?
 rr/

:mrgreen:

respect/
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Create your day. Create the most astounding year of your life. Be the change you want to see in the world! L.O.V.E.
"I am tired, I am really tired of manipulation." Michael Jackson, Harlem, New York, NY, July 6, 2002
******* Let's tear the walls in the brains of this world down.*******

Time to BE.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal