PureLove

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • To die would be an awfully big adventure.
Re: Adele better than mj?.....NO!!!!
March 01, 2012, 10:59:09 AM
NOONE is better than Michael. Period.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

LoveShyMichael

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • You don't have to explain something you never said
March 01, 2012, 12:07:43 PM
I've liked Michael Jackson for his "dance music", Elvis for his " touch of rock n roll", Styx for "tender moments", Country for " true soul searching", but that doesn't mean that one is better than the others. If I'm feeling like crying I may play a slower more "close to heart" song, but if I want to cleaning the house I put on Michal Jackson & Elvis. And if I really want to get something done, I put on some Rap & Techno......

It all depends on my mind & heart & what I feel the heart wants to hear. They are all great Artists.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You are not allowed to view links. Register or LoginYou are not allowed to view links. Register or LoginYou are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

March 01, 2012, 01:11:47 PM
Until the end of time, new talent will ALWAYS be compared to Michael.  HE WAS/IS THE BEST!  You will be pulling your hair until you’re bald if you let what ‘THEY’ say get to you.  Forget them.  The world knows the truth, the record speaks for itself, and we are the world so let’s just let them have their fun.  The truth always prevails.  Michael is the one and only.   He will never lose his place. On top, where a king a legend, an icon is suppose to be.   
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Don't stop this child, He's the father of man
Don't cross his way, He's part of the plan
I am that child, but so are you
You've just forgotten, Just lost the clue.”

MJ "Magical Child"
Still Rocking my World…
   and leaving me Speechless!

“True goodbyes are the ones never said

LoveShyMichael

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • You don't have to explain something you never said
March 01, 2012, 01:28:52 PM
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Until the end of time, new talent will ALWAYS be compared to Michael.  HE WAS/IS THE BEST!  You will be pulling your hair until you’re bald if you let what ‘THEY’ say get to you.  Forget them.  The world knows the truth, the record speaks for itself, and we are the world so let’s just let them have their fun.  The truth always prevails.  Michael is the one and only.   He will never lose his place. On top, where a king a legend, an icon is suppose to be.   

Yes, agreed. What's even harder for the artist today is that if they do keep getting compared to Michael some of them might just give up because they know they WILL NEVER be like "Mike"...

With every artsist, they have "hit targets" with either race, age, beat of music, words, etc.... & with Michael I could always understand his lyrics. I like some rappers , but because I can't relate to what they are saying, & hard for me to understand the words, I tend not to listen to them as much.

Michael had the "beat" since when I was a kid I loved to dance in front of the mirror...(c'mon I know I'm not the only one....lol)  & I could always dance to his music at 8 yrs old, & my age now at 40...something......

My grandsons which oldest is 5 & 4, we watch Michael Jackson tour footage, & I bought them microphones so the could sing with Michael. And they both love the movie Moonwalker. We watched it so much, I actually had to say...."ok kids, lets watch Shark Tale....lol...

So Michael has music for all ages, & 25 years later, Thriller is still on top.....
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You are not allowed to view links. Register or LoginYou are not allowed to view links. Register or LoginYou are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Katie2

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • Life is not a problem to be solved, but a reality
April 15, 2012, 11:56:38 AM
You won't be happy to know that Adele's "21" album is now battling for #5 in the best selling album in the UK charts. Guess what shes going against? Thriller  :(
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

April 15, 2012, 12:35:49 PM
It’s so funny that the way artist today “blow up” depends on the internet, youtube, and all the other tecky gadgets.  Michael Jackson got there by sheer talent with no need for any of those things.  He didn’t have to rely on that stuff.  His work speaks for itself.  No concerts today can compare.  No stage performance comes close.  Michael’s rise was from hard work and his God given gifts.  No one will EVER match or master what Michael has already perfected. NEVER.  Stats mean nothing to me.  After you’ve had the best, everyone else dulls by comparison and the numbers don’t mean a thing.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Don't stop this child, He's the father of man
Don't cross his way, He's part of the plan
I am that child, but so are you
You've just forgotten, Just lost the clue.”

MJ "Magical Child"
Still Rocking my World…
   and leaving me Speechless!

“True goodbyes are the ones never said

Dontwalkaway

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • Don't let go, I don't wanna walk away
April 15, 2012, 01:04:21 PM
Michael also did a ton more than just release albums.  He's also the greatest humanitarian and was able to unite and inspire people world wide.  Maybe they should mention that fact. 
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"And when that flag blows
There'll be no more wars
And when all calls
I will answer all your prayers"

Chorus from the song "Cry",  Invincible Album

Katie2

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
April 15, 2012, 02:44:56 PM
It’s so funny that the way artist today “blow up” depends on the internet, youtube, and all the other tecky gadgets.  Michael Jackson got there by sheer talent with no need for any of those things.  He didn’t have to rely on that stuff.  His work speaks for itself.  No concerts today can compare.  No stage performance comes close.  Michael’s rise was from hard work and his God given gifts.  No one will EVER match or master what Michael has already perfected. NEVER.  Stats mean nothing to me.  After you’ve had the best, everyone else dulls by comparison and the numbers don’t mean a thing.

Exactly, when Katy Perry tied MJ with the most no.1's off one album. My friend Mariah was boasting to me about it but I told her that people actually had to get over their asses and walk to the record store nowadays people just have to log onto their computers and go on itunes. If there was that kind of technology in the 70's,80's and 90's then MJ would be the biggest selling artist now.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

blankie

• Registered users
  • Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • It's all for L.O.V.E.
May 01, 2012, 02:48:58 PM
Oh come on, BAD was released 25 years ago and Adele is a great singer, has a fantastic album and is a lovely person (I've met her once). She deserves recognition for her work. You can't compare the two, MJ is a completely different artist. If you have an album at position 9 after 25 years, you have accomplished something extraordinary.

Agree with you Souza...Adele is a great singer and for me now is the best female voice.. :icon_razz: I love so much her songs...

But Michael is Michael....otherwise, other times , other personality.....the best in the best !!!!  :bearhug: :Michael_Jackson_dancing_smile                                         
                                        THE ONLY ONE !!!
Last Edit: May 01, 2012, 02:51:08 PM by blankie
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
LOVE YOU MORE

Katie2

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
May 04, 2012, 05:06:02 PM
"21" is officialy the UK's 5th best selling album beating "Thriller" it was confirmed yesterday.   :th_bravo: Adele but Thrillers still the best  ;D
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tink

May 06, 2012, 02:27:20 AM
I'd like to see Adele top Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon, which has been on the Rock album charts since the '60s!

As of March 22, 2012, they've hit the biggest Milestone of ANY SINGLE ALBUM IN HISTORY:
 Anchored by classic rock hits and powered by a massive, loyal fan base and truly innovative original production, Pink Floyd’s legendary LP The Dark Side of the Moon is the longest-running album in the history of the Billboard 200 chart. And it just hit a milestone that no other record has ever accomplished.

Billboard revealed Wednesday that the album has reached its 800th week on the Billboard 200 chart, adding to the all-time record it already owns.

Even more remarkable is no other album in Billboard 200 history is even close. The album with the second-most weeks spent on the chart is Johnny Mathis’ Greatest Hits album with 490. And no album in the past 20 years ranks in the top 10 for most weeks on it, so if Floyd’s record is ever broken it won’t happen for a long time.

Dark Side’s incredible, unmatched longevity on the charts shows that it is a truly timeless classic. And that would lend a bit of irony to one of the album’s best tracks, “Time.” David Gilmour’s line “shorter of breath, and one day closer to death” loses a bit of meaning when the song and album just refuse to die!"

So - have no worries about Adele. If she keeps smoking like a chimney - her days of singing are quite literally - numbered.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Black & Proud! I'm like the Oracle/Batgirl, who helps Batman in the comic books. I believe in "Comic Book justice."

trublu

May 06, 2012, 05:30:41 AM
I see no need to compare two very different artists.

I am glad to see a young woman do so well.

MJ and Adele cannot be compared as they are so different. Just because MJ was so successful does not mean nobody else can be successful. It does not take away from his own achievements and never will.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Andrea

May 06, 2012, 09:43:50 AM
I see no need to compare two very different artists.

I am glad to see a young woman do so well.

MJ and Adele cannot be compared as they are so different. Just because MJ was so successful does not mean nobody else can be successful. It does not take away from his own achievements and never will.

Agreed!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions