everlastinglove_MJTopic starter

Sunday, February 26th 2012

Madonna Producer: “She Has Succeeded Where Michael Jackson Failed”

It seems Madonna‘s taste for controversy has rubbed off on those around her; namely producer Martin Sloveig.

For, the ‘Give Me All Your Luvin’ crafter made quite the gaffe when talking up the 53 year old in a recent interview.

Peep his words after the jump…

Speaking to French radio station Europe1 this week, Sloveig had the following to say when quizzed on Madonna’s legacy:

“She has left her landmark in music and fashion in every era. In the 80s, in the 90s. And she has succeeded – what I think Michael Jackson has failed to do – to still be relevant in the 2000s working with Mirwais and Stuart Price. I’m more a fan of those albums than the ones she released when she started. And THAT is impressive to me.”

And that’s not all. When inevitably questioned about the singer’s “beef” with Lady GaGa, the hitmaker added:

“No (GaGa did not take her crown). I think she’s a disciple. There’s a master and a disciple. It’s very simple. We all have a role model, don’t we?"

Clearly, those Live Nation cheques have Sloveig feeling all sorts of dizzy, because he’s spouting hot doo doo on a platter. Especially when it comes to MJ.

For, in his brief 50 years, Michael achieved a level of legend (and had a cultural impact) which will almost certainly never be seen again. Ever.

Though MJ and Madonna are routinely hailed as the King and Queen of Pop, it’s worth noting that Michael achieved such status without flashing his privates, leeching on younger stars, or courting controversy. And while troubles may have consumed the final years of his career, he boasts a catalogue of hits which aren’t confined to the era they were created. They remain relevant till this very day. Can the same be said for the material which has mobilised Madonna’s longevity (particularly her latter efforts)?

And that’s not to take away from ‘M’, as her run (how ever cunning) has been wholly impressive. However, Sloveig highlights what not to do when working with an artist of Maggie’s caliber: become blinded. It’ll only lead to soundbites such as those above, which make him sound wacker than the material he’s been cooking up with Madge as of late.

Your thoughts? 
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Ha... easy to say as Madonna's producer :roll:, it's like patting yourself on the back, he's pretty biased don't you think?  errrr and I think it shows a great deal of cowardice to make such statements after Michael's passing. Just wait who has the last laugh :D
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
It's all for L.O.V.E.

GINAFELICIA

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • Playing it safe is the riskiest choice.
yeah right :roll:

don't make me laugh please
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Biased no doubt [of course!] and talking bad of someone who is not around
and who was dragged through HELL most of 00s really. Without that, Michael's promise
"the best is yet to come" of course would've been kept to extent Maddie can only
dream of. 
Maddie will never be MJ, and now when he left and took his throne and crown with him,
she can struggle all she wants - MJs fans will stay his fans and the unexplainable Love they have
for him is something she can hardly provoke. MJ is still getting new fans as even toddlers come up
to him, and Maddie's name and music will be, sadly or naturally, piled under GaGas, GoGos
and others like that to come. Yes, she can be replaced, musically and visually. She's
much more easy to mimic. MJ is impossible to mimic and I mean it.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

MaryK

• Registered users
  • Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • The world is just illusion, trying to change you
That guy is missing the point anyway.
MJ had and still has nothing to prove.
His talents, hard work and dedication won him hits and awards....but his personality, character and qualities as a human being won him genuine LOVE and  respect/.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You and I were never separate

It's just an illusion

Wrought by the magical lens of Perception

Unbelieveable! Do you see Madonna's influence anywhere except for female pop stars dressing like prostitutes and being overly sexual?  /pull hair/

Michael, on the other hand, is EVERYWHERE! Everybody copies his dance moves, his way of singing, his style. Just unbelieveable, I don't think that guy even believed what he said himself. Plainly laughable.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

If you'd only come to me, my heart wouldn't be full of sorrow
But now all I can do is hope and pray that you'll come to me
tomorrow

Grace

Sigh.

If only those trash reporters would at least check names if not facts before they start seeking attention.
The producer being talked about is called Martin Solveig from Paris.
Solveig is an old Scandinavian female first name and is only a stage name for Martin Picandet
He's only one of the producers of Madonna's new album.

Interesting is her deal with Live Nation Entertainment and their coop with AEG.

Last Edit: February 27, 2012, 08:23:23 AM by Grace
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Create your day. Create the most astounding year of your life. Be the change you want to see in the world! L.O.V.E.
***********************************************************************************************
"I am tired, I am really tired of manipulation." Michael Jackson, Harlem, New York, NY, July 6, 2002
***********************************************************************************************
******* Let's tear the walls in the brains of this world down.*******

Time to BE.

Madonna hit? I do not think so. Where is his success in the 2000s?
No one compares to Michael, ever. What he did to the world of music will be eternal.
But if Michael had made the tour of Invincible from 2001, would be perfect.
Besides, maybe he would have gotten rid of horrible things that happened to him after that!
But who am I to judge him ... things are as they have to be.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Tell the angels no... Heaven can wait"!

M.J.>Madonna   Whitney> Madonna.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
MJ u are so beautiful,inside and out,u truly are a gift from God.I love u,brother.

AKHTONI

I think this producer never heard a big bad word before so he want to hear it now from MJ's fans  mj_bad/
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
MJ&EP REAL ICONS AND THE REST ARE RUBBISH

paula-c

Now is it said that "succeed " shows so ugly and horrifying as we saw in the Superbowl and the Grammy  errrr

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

PureLove

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • To die would be an awfully big adventure.
Unbelieveable! Do you see Madonna's influence anywhere except for female pop stars dressing like prostitutes and being overly sexual?  /pull hair/

Michael, on the other hand, is EVERYWHERE! Everybody copies his dance moves, his way of singing, his style. Just unbelieveable, I don't think that guy even believed what he said himself. Plainly laughable.

/bravo/ Bee Bee. Totally totally agree with you. Madonna bitch is just a sex symbol, that's all. But Michael is the real talent, real star, real icon, real legend. He is the one and only KING and there is no queen of Pop but there're bitches of Pop around and Madonna is the queen of them!  :evil:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Sunday, February 26th 2012

Madonna Producer: “She Has Succeeded Where Michael Jackson Failed”

It seems Madonna‘s taste for controversy has rubbed off on those around her; namely producer Martin Sloveig.

For, the ‘Give Me All Your Luvin’ crafter made quite the gaffe when talking up the 53 year old in a recent interview.

Peep his words after the jump…

Speaking to French radio station Europe1 this week, Sloveig had the following to say when quizzed on Madonna’s legacy:

“She has left her landmark in music and fashion in every era. In the 80s, in the 90s. And she has succeeded – what I think Michael Jackson has failed to do – to still be relevant in the 2000s working with Mirwais and Stuart Price. I’m more a fan of those albums than the ones she released when she started. And THAT is impressive to me.”

And that’s not all. When inevitably questioned about the singer’s “beef” with Lady GaGa, the hitmaker added:

“No (GaGa did not take her crown). I think she’s a disciple. There’s a master and a disciple. It’s very simple. We all have a role model, don’t we?"

Clearly, those Live Nation cheques have Sloveig feeling all sorts of dizzy, because he’s spouting hot doo doo on a platter. Especially when it comes to MJ.

For, in his brief 50 years, Michael achieved a level of legend (and had a cultural impact) which will almost certainly never be seen again. Ever.

Though MJ and Madonna are routinely hailed as the King and Queen of Pop, it’s worth noting that Michael achieved such status without flashing his privates, leeching on younger stars, or courting controversy. And while troubles may have consumed the final years of his career, he boasts a catalogue of hits which aren’t confined to the era they were created. They remain relevant till this very day. Can the same be said for the material which has mobilised Madonna’s longevity (particularly her latter efforts)?

And that’s not to take away from ‘M’, as her run (how ever cunning) has been wholly impressive. However, Sloveig highlights what not to do when working with an artist of Maggie’s caliber: become blinded. It’ll only lead to soundbites such as those above, which make him sound wacker than the material he’s been cooking up with Madge as of late.

Your thoughts? 

Ha... easy to say as Madonna's producer :roll:, it's like patting yourself on the back, he's pretty biased don't you think?  errrr and I think it shows a great deal of cowardice to make such statements after Michael's passing. Just wait who has the last laugh :D

Taste for C-O-N-T-R-O-V-E-R-S-Y  :mrgreen: .......mmmmm........sounds familiar eh?  ;)) !!!!
Why do I have the feeling that this pimp  geek/ ,is trying to promote Madonna using Michael's name  ::) ? Listen dude,first of all:didn't your mother teach you that it's not nice to talk bad about people who passed  :x  :lol: ? Bad "move" you did man  :roll: ,cause it seems that mama Ciccone forget to inform you that she is Michael's number one fan  ;) .It seems that you skipped some lessons at school   /woohoo/ .

Madonna:like an icon ( Lucy O’Brien)

Quote:
It was during this trip that Sounds writer Sandy Robertson did one of the first British interviews with the nascent star.

‘I thought “Everybody” was a good pop record. She’d evolved a commercial dance thing that was not considered unhip,’ he recalls.

‘She was staying with her dancers in a poky, tiny little place in Primrose Hill, north London. She came to the door in a gold dressing gown. I thought she was very short and sort of dumpy, with short, short hair. She seemed glad to have press.

She was bustling around, making me tea with honey. She wasn’t as confident as you’d expect — she was quite reserved, but friendly.

She said she wanted to be a female Michael Jackson.’

Madonna, The 100 Greatest Entertainers 1950-2000, Entertainment Weekly

Quote:
“The thing that struck me right away about her was that she said she had no heroes,” says Reggie Lucas, the producer-guitarist who wrote “Borderline” and produced her 1983 debut Madonna.

“When I pressed her for influences, she said ‘Michael Jackson,”

Madonna, Smash Hits

Quote:
NEIL: Was there anyone you aspired to be like?

MADONNA: Well, when I was younger I really liked girl singers like Lulu and those kind of innocent, angelic voices, Marianne Faithfull and that kind of stuff, plus Diana Ross and all the girl groups of the ’60s like the Motown girl groups. Then when I got older my idols shifted ‘cos there weren’t really any female singers I could aspire to be like. From then on I went through an “I want to be like Michael Jackson” phase. I can do everything he can do only I’m a girl! I still idolise him above any performer. He transcends almost every level, appeals to everyone.

NEIL: Is that what you want to do?

MADONNA: Yeah.

Quote:
I wanted to be Michael Jackson. He electrified me and I wanted to be that way too .

Even her choice for manager was because of Michael  ;D .

Quote:
“I thought, who’s the most successful person in the music industry and who’s his manager? I want him.” The answer was Michael Jackson and, at the time, he was managed by Freddie De Mann. She got him.

Heck she even named Michael as an influence in kissing Britney and Christina during the VMAs  :idea:  :shock:  :lol:  :lol: :lol: .

January 2004

Quote:
Oprah: You honestly didn't think kissing another woman on national TV would stir up controversy?

Madonna: When Britney went to kiss me, she just went for it. I tried to go with it so it wouldn't be weird. I'm a showgirl. After 20 years in show business, I've learned to roll with the punches. Also, you remember when Michael Jackson kissed Lisa Marie Presley on the MTV awards? Our kiss was a play on that, too. We were playing with lots of postmodern iconography. Does that sound good?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NrGI-7HI3as&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nXcZ6QRh-M&list=FL4wcSXXFkptQW-z_-jrZjag&index=11&feature=plpp_video[/youtube]

Now please say your prayer cause soon and very soon you will be history  crash/  :lol:  :lol: :lol: :lol: !!!!!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tink

Now is it said that "succeed " shows so ugly and horrifying as we saw in the Superbowl and the Grammy  errrr

In my heart, I do believe Madonna was paying tribute to ELIZABETH TAYLOR AS CLEOPATRA!
No one likes to see anyone tooting their own horn - and this dude is definitely doing so, ewww!
Last Edit: February 27, 2012, 11:41:55 AM by Tink
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Black & Proud! I'm like the Oracle/Batgirl, who helps Batman in the comic books. I believe in "Comic Book justice."

SimPattyK

• Registered users
  • Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • MJ & ELVIS are ALIVE ~ TRUTH always prevails!
heheheeee  bounce/ EXCELLENT post @AppleHead! LMAO  :lol: :lol:
 /bravo/
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions