GINAFELICIA

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • Playing it safe is the riskiest choice.
@Tink and Sim - some things might be true - prince Charles suddenly discovered he's sharing the same blood with Vlad Dracula??? So they didn't know it until now? He was on TV saying this, I've heard him. Indeed one has to ask WHY?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GINAFELICIA

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
The only thing I found out about MJ and a Romanian Castle was the Palace of Parliament in Bucharest. The bit about MJ is on the last paragraph and the last couple of lines You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Thank you so much, Katie2, for posting the link to this FASCINATING article on the Palace of Parliament!! I especially liked the part where the first person to actually use the balcony of this massive palace to address a crowd, was not even the evil guy who built it for himself---but--almost Destiny :o :o---MICHAEL JACKSON!!!  bounce/ :D Ohmigosh!  Leave it to MJ to find the biggest palace in the world, and be the FIRST to use the balcony, before any Royal or government official! Put that in the Guinness Book of records! I LOVE how he finds these kinds of "never been done" things to do.  8-) If this place didn't have the blood of the innocent attached to it, it could be a perfect Palace for the Greatest Entertainer Who Ever Lived. That is, if he's REALLY looking for a castle in Romania...I think the country's people could use the money more than such a lavish white elephant to house an iffy bunch of politicians or whatever; the building of which, appears to have helped put the country in the red. It seems to be fit, personally, for a King. imo. ;)

I LOVED reading this article! :) :) :)

Wow, it;s the first time I read Michael was the first who used the balcony.
And he said "I love Budapest!" instead of Bucharest LOL!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GINAFELICIA

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
I just can't resist posting this, he is soooooo sweeeeetttt !!
Sorry the quality isn't better.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAXEKZgk-5Q[/youtube]
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJlElO3gIpg&feature=plcp&context=C3d22ff0UDOEgsToPDskKl95gKLg_IGy7clUB1yzj4[/youtube]
Last Edit: February 27, 2012, 12:17:09 AM by GINAFELICIA
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Katie2

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • Life is not a problem to be solved, but a reality
The only thing I found out about MJ and a Romanian Castle was the Palace of Parliament in Bucharest. The bit about MJ is on the last paragraph and the last couple of lines You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Thank you so much, Katie2, for posting the link to this FASCINATING article on the Palace of Parliament!! I especially liked the part where the first person to actually use the balcony of this massive palace to address a crowd, was not even the evil guy who built it for himself---but--almost Destiny :o :o---MICHAEL JACKSON!!!  bounce/ :D Ohmigosh!  Leave it to MJ to find the biggest palace in the world, and be the FIRST to use the balcony, before any Royal or government official! Put that in the Guinness Book of records! I LOVE how he finds these kinds of "never been done" things to do.  8-) If this place didn't have the blood of the innocent attached to it, it could be a perfect Palace for the Greatest Entertainer Who Ever Lived. That is, if he's REALLY looking for a castle in Romania...I think the country's people could use the money more than such a lavish white elephant to house an iffy bunch of politicians or whatever; the building of which, appears to have helped put the country in the red. It seems to be fit, personally, for a King. imo. ;)

I LOVED reading this article! :) :) :)

Wow, it;s the first time I read Michael was the first who used the balcony.
And he said "I love Budapest!" instead of Bucharest LOL!

:P "I love Budapest" gotta love MJ
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tink

We have soooo many empty hangers to shoot out here in Hollywood, and empty movie sets, it just doesn't make sense to fly halfway around the world and drag the bloody expensive cameras, which would be spotted in a heart beat.

I do believe that THIS is what the "DOME PROJECT" is about, and it's being shot here in S. Cali, where all the unions are. Simple Nondisclosure agreements have already been in place, and now that we've lost 2 major, MAJOR soap operas, we've people DESPERATE for good, clean work!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Black & Proud! I'm like the Oracle/Batgirl, who helps Batman in the comic books. I believe in "Comic Book justice."

MJonmind

A beautiful tour 25 pics, of the Bucharest Parliament building.

Very interesting stats on the building.  MJ’s name is famous because of his slip-up. (Haha, but he knows how to get his name talked about!)  It’s all for love, IMO!

White chocolate statue of MJ in Budapest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

emulik

Speaking about castles I found this video of Michael and Prince playing chess together :) and talking about castle.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-MC6HFS3N2I[/youtube]
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Please do not forget who the driver is! ...:)

MJ will get us home safely! :)

SimPattyKTopic starter

• Registered users
  • Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • MJ & ELVIS are ALIVE ~ TRUTH always prevails!
@MJonmind: thank you for posting those nice links!
I am glad the Palace of Parliament from Bucharest raised so much interest in this thread.
Michael knew very well what he was doing! he got the highest attention by going there!
This palace is very controversial in Romania.
We have a sort of a love-hate relationship with this Palace!

Love because it is indeed beautiful and impressive!! I've been there in August 2009! The place is GIGANTIC.
You can see it from the pics, but when you are there ... OMG!!!
The interiors make you feel like a KING, when you walk there you feel like that!
I've only had that feeling when I was visiting Versailles!

And hate because of obvious reasons! This palace was built with human sacrifice! A lot of workers died there, like slaves! There were inhuman working conditions!

Ceausescu was a tiranic dictator, but he loved Romania in his own maniac egocentric way!
He did a lot of harm , but he also did good! he built a lot!
Neither of the Romanian leaders that followed him  can say they left something behind them, they did nothing for this country than steal from it and sell it to foreigners!!
But Ceausescu did left something behind him! I don't defend him, but he has some merits...
He had this pride about "his country"! He wanted it to be the best! The way he built this Palace is the best proof of how he saw Romania!
When Ceausescu died, executed in the 1989 Revolution, Romania had ZERO debts to foreign countries! Romania was the no 1 producer of wheat in Europe!
Yet most of its population was kept in cold and hunger, at the subsistence limit! It's a paradox! I will never understand that! In fact, it's impossible to understand! The man was crazy! He had lost touch with reality! People who lived in his times say that at the beginning, in the '70s, he was a good leader, everybody had a job and a home assured! But then power went up to his brains and he lost it! Starting with the '80s he became a dictator.

The Boulevard that is seen from the balcony of the Palace , is built 3 meters longer and a few centimeters wider than the Champs-Elysees Boulevard from Paris! Just to see how maniac he was! He wanted to have anything bigger and longer and wider than others have done before!

I'll give you some more info about this palace:
1. It has a surface of 330,000 m2, registered in the "Guinness Book of Records" at the category "Administrative Buildings", on the 2nd place in the world after the Pentagon!!

2. and in terms of volume, with 2.550.000 m3, the palace is the the 3rd in the world after the space missile assembly building  from Cape Florida Canareval and after Quetzalcoatl pyramid in Mexico.

3. For comparison: the building exceeds with 2% the volume of  Cheops pyramid in Egypt.

Some more info about Bucharest and its cultural side:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2SfKKvKSFHs[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9kuvmFpNcI[/youtube]

This is a photo that I took in 2009

Last Edit: February 27, 2012, 03:04:26 PM by SimPattyK
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
MJ & ELVIS are ALIVE ~ You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

SimPattyKTopic starter

• Registered users
  • Hoaxer
  • View Profile
[...]
@Sim....chess isn't that difficult of game really.  There are rules for each piece....that does get confusing and I forget them.  However, I find that's it truly a game of anticipation and out-thinking your opponent.  I am really not a very good player...I can play, but take forever to "see" all the possible moves.  I enjoy watching others play as well.  The thought process of a good player is light-speed ahead of me.  It's amazing to watch.  It's a game of forethought, calculated risks and determination....sounds like familiar attributes, LOL. 
[...]
Speaking about castles I found this video of Michael and Prince playing chess together :) and talking about castle.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-MC6HFS3N2I[/youtube]

Since chess is also very discussed here...
I did a photo-montage last year about it, had posted it in the thread about Dr. House connections....

Last Edit: February 27, 2012, 03:25:42 PM by SimPattyK
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

OMGosh.....emulik!  That video is the most adorable ever......I love it!  It's so heartwarming...thank you so much!  Lives in a castle.....the stuff fairytale dreams are made of.....for sure. Thank you so much for the post...it's amazing!

I had a feeling you had chess pictures Sim, lol.  I remember seeing them, but couldn't remember if it was one big montage, or spread over a few......thank you so much for posting it here.....they are awesome!

You guys are amazing with your posts and finds.....I truly appreciate you!
Have a beautiful day!
LOVE

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

MJonmind

Such beautiful art in Romania, that would be such a good place to travel to.  Alas I would be dreaming.
It is a fact that history and the visuals are as much shaped by its villians as its heroes. (Again that's because God is the creator of ALL.  What would history be if Adam and Eve had billions of descendants who never wore a stitch of clothes, only sat around eating fruit all day because the ground had not been cursed, and hardly knew anything because their eyes had not been opened. I just can't imagine it.)

I can see why Michael would have been so captivated there, and want to buy a castle, or real estate.
I remember when the 1989 news was happening and saw the broadcasted video of Ceausenscu and his wife actually being executed.  I remember one thing they said women weren’t allowed to have abortions, so everyone had huge families, and women were angry about that.  Do you have more understanding of that aspect?

Ah, Prince is so-o-o-o cute in that video!
Last Edit: February 27, 2012, 04:09:46 PM by MJonmind
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

SimPattyKTopic starter

• Registered users
  • Hoaxer
  • View Profile
Ok, this is a just for fun post:

Regarding the numerous WATER references in this thread and Michael's hoax in general,
I thought you'd be interested to know, that Romania has the shape of a fat FISH with a small posterior flipper that "comes" out of the Black SEA when you look at it on the map!

And taking into account that the Romanian mountains are full of GOLD, I think I may call my country The GOLDen FISH lol  :lol:

I wonder if we can make wishes to this "Gold Fish"!? lol Will it fulfill our wishes??  :lol:

Last Edit: February 27, 2012, 04:07:20 PM by SimPattyK
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

SimPattyKTopic starter

• Registered users
  • Hoaxer
  • View Profile
Such beautiful art in Romania, that would be such a good place to travel to.  Alas I would be dreaming.
It is a fact that history and the visuals are as much shaped by its villians as its heroes. (Again that's because God is the creator of ALL.  What would history be if Adam and Eve had billions of descendants who never wore a stitch of clothes, only sat around eating fruit all day because the ground had not been cursed, and hardly knew anything because their eyes had not been opened. I just can't imagine it.)
SO TRUE!!!

I can see why Michael would have been so captivated there, and want to buy a castle, or real estate.
YESS!! I loved Michael even more when he took the time to visit a bit , he didn't just go from the airport to the hotel, stage and then back to the airport! He was interested in the place and made sure to show his interest !
He also  renovated completely an orphanage in Bucharest. He mainly did, in Romania, what he did everywhere he went: he spread LOVE!

I remember when the 1989 news was happening and saw the broadcasted video of Ceausenscu and his wife actually being executed.  I remember one thing they said women weren’t allowed to have abortions, so everyone had huge families, and women were angry about that.  Do you have more understanding of that aspect?
Yes, Ceausescu interdicted  abortions. But not because he was religious !! The communists were atheists and it's a miracle that the Romanian people remained profoundly religious, spiritual, the Romanians never lost their faith in God! The communists didn't succeed with this goal!
Many women had 5 or 6 kids back in those times. Many got killed either as a consequence of unsuccessful, clandestine abortions or in prison! If they were caught, they were thrown  in prison! that was almost always the equivalent of a death penalty...

What was the reason for that? Ceausescu wanted to increase the labor force! he always treated its people like slaves! That was the main reason!
The consequence: thousands of orphans! After 1989, the first thing that foreign countries would learn about Romania, was the fact it was the country with the greatest no. of orphans in Europe! and most of the orphanages were in extremely bad shape!

And the 1989 revolution was actually a "Coup d'Etat" prepared from the outside !! I think of course, about the Forces that rule the world today! always have! always will!
Ceausescu's mania was going against the plans of the NWO of depopulation!
Ceausescu was an independent leader! He didn't follow the orders of the "Invisible" One World Government!
Ceausescu didn't sell his country  like the present Romanian leaders do!
So you see, Ceausescu was very INCONVENIENT! So "they" eliminated him!

I am very much sure that the Romanian people was too scared and too vulnerable to act alone, by itself against Ceausescu. There would have never been a revolution in Romania, without some "foreign help" !! if you know what I mean!!
There is a lot of evidence, many testimonies (just like in the "9/11 Tragedy") that indicate this was a PLANNED Revolution from the outside!!

And Ceausescu KNEW it!! Among his last words during the fake trial that he had (everybody admits now, that Ceausescu, as guilty as he was, didn't have a normal, fair trial! they wanted to finish him quickly, so they hasted the "trial" !!), so Ceausescu's words, are never forgotten by the Romanians! it sounded lie a curse, but it was the truth! he said: "HISTORY WILL JUDGE YOU!"

I didn't want to sound like I regret him. Oh no!! Don't misunderstand me!!
The only difference between Ceausescu and the current leaders of Romania is this:
The Romanians suffered in communism because of Ceausescu because HE exploited them!
The Romanians suffer now, in capitalism because the "democratic" leaders let the Foreign Powers to exploit this nation!
That's the only difference! ---))  Ceausescu was an independent dictator, while these so-called "politicians" of today are but caricatures, pure PUPPETS in the hands of Foreign Dictators! that's how I see things! Nobody has to agree with me!
The leaders always have something to gain! And the common people always LOSE, always SUFFER!
Last Edit: February 27, 2012, 05:12:03 PM by SimPattyK
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

everlastinglove_MJ

That video of Prince playing chess while singing the "ABC"alphabet (cutest!) made me smile and Paris too, who really had to consider if she really wanted to play chess  lolol/ Thanks Emulik!

SO TRUE!!!

YESS!! I loved Michael even more when he took the time to visit a bit , he didn't just go from the airport to the hotel, stage and then back to the airport! He was interested in the place and made sure to show his interest !
He also  renovated completely an orphanage in Bucharest. He mainly did, in Romania, what he did everywhere he went: he spread LOVE!

Yes, Ceausescu interdicted  abortions. But not because he was religious !! The communists were atheists and it's a miracle that the Romanian people remained profoundly religious, spiritual, the Romanians never lost their faith in God! The communists didn't succeed with this goal!
Many women had 5 or 6 kids back in those times. Many got killed either as a consequence of unsuccessful, clandestine abortions or in prison! If they were caught, they were thrown  in prison! that was almost always the equivalent of a death penalty...

What was the reason for that? Ceausescu wanted to increase the labor force! he always treated its people like slaves! That was the main reason!
The consequence: thousands of orphans! After 1989, the first thing that foreign countries would learn about Romania, was the fact it was the country with the greatest no. of orphans in Europe! and most of the orphanages were in extremely bad shape!

And the 1989 revolution was actually a "Coup d'Etat" prepared from the outside !! I think of course, about the Forces that rule the world today! always have! always will!
Ceausescu's mania was going against the plans of the NWO of depopulation!
Ceausescu was an independent leader! He didn't follow the orders of the "Invisible" One World Government!
Ceausescu didn't sell his country  like the present Romanian leaders do!
So you see, Ceausescu was very INCONVENIENT! So "they" eliminated him!

I am very much sure that the Romanian people was too scared and too vulnerable to act alone, by itself against Ceausescu. There would have never been a revolution in Romania, without some "foreign help" !! if you know what I mean!!
There is a lot of evidence, many testimonies (just like in the "9/11 Tragedy") that indicate this was a PLANNED Revolution from the outside!!

And Ceausescu KNEW it!! Among his last words during the fake trial that he had (everybody admits now, that Ceausescu, as guilty as he was, didn't have a normal, fair trial! they wanted to finish him quickly, so they hasted the "trial" !!), so Ceausescu's words, are never forgotten by the Romanians! it sounded lie a curse, but it was the truth! he said: "HISTORY WILL JUDGE YOU!"

I didn't want to sound like I regret him. Oh no!! Don't misunderstand me!!
The only difference between Ceausescu and the current leaders of Romania is this:
The Romanians suffered in communism because of Ceausescu because HE exploited them!
The Romanians suffer now, in capitalism because the "democratic" leaders let the Foreign Powers to exploit this nation!
That's the only difference! ---))  Ceausescu was an independent dictator, while these so-called "politicians" of today are but caricatures, pure PUPPETS in the hands of Foreign Dictators! that's how I see things! Nobody has to agree with me!
The leaders always have something to gain! And the common people always LOSE, always SUFFER!

Bucharest Journal; Little Care and Less Love: Romania's Sad Orphans

By JANE PERLEZ
Published: October 27, 1994

In a drab dormitory, small children old enough to walk and talk grip the rails of their cribs in frustrated attempts at locomotion, silently rocking back and forth. A playroom filled with toys, a paradise of imagination and exercise donated by foreigners, remains locked because the children's caretakers consider it too much trouble to supervise. The caretakers, women in white uniforms, sit a few yards away in the corridor, smoking and chatting.

In one crib, the oldest child, 6-year-old Gheorghe, his hair a tousle of dark curls and his eyes wide and brown, lies on his back, occasionallymanaging to pull himself up to peer out of his little prison. Until a few months ago, when an American volunteer visited, no one had bothered during Gheorghe's six years of institutional life to encourage him to sit or stand. Even the volunteer's interest has not enabled him to overcome his stunted development.

As in many Romanian children's institutions, physical conditions at Lacul Bucor Hospital have improved marginally since the fall of the Communist leader, Nicolae Ceausescu, when thousands of children were found warehoused -- often three to a bed in filthy and cold buildings -- and were given very little food.

Despite Western help from dozens of charities and some governments, Romanian babies are still abandoned at alarming rates. As the children shuffle from institution to institution, they suffer from poor and hostile care at the hands of untrained staffs, Romanian and Western experts say.

One of the biggest barriers to improvement, the experts say, is the presence of Iulian Mincu as Minister of Health. Dr. Mincu was Mr. Ceausescu's personal doctor and one of the masterminds of giving micro-infusions of blood, much of which turned out to be H.I.V.-infected, to underweight Romanian babies in the 1980's. A former hard-line Communist, Dr. Mincu is now responsible for the orphanages containing children under 3.

An outspoken Romanian pediatrician, Dr. Livia David, said that until the Government changed its policy to encourage family care -- through adoption or foster care -- instead of favoring institutional care, the plight of Romania's orphans would remain largely unchanged. The Government of Mr. Ceausescu's successor, President Ion Iliescu, still believed in the Ceausescu philosophy that "parenting" by the state was acceptable, she suggested.

"What is going to happen to him?" asked Dr. David as she watched a 2-year-old struggle with his first steps at St. Catherine's, a showcase orphanage in Bucharest visited by the pop star Michael Jackson. "When he's 3 he has to go to another institution and by the time he's 4 he will be very difficult to like. I would like the older children to go to foster families or private institutions, not these big state institutions."

To get the children out of institutions into adopting or foster care families is a formidable process because of a labyrinth of laws and bureaucracy surrounding the national Romanian Adoption Committee, the official agency for adoptions, the experts say.

A British couple, Bernadette and Adrian Mooney, tried to bypass the committee by paying a middleman $6,000 and ferreting a 5-month-old child across the Romanian border in July in a box hidden in the back seat of their car. They were sentenced to two and a half years in jail on Oct. 14.

Of an estimated 100,000 children institutionalized under the age of 16 only a handful are legally eligible for adoption because of the tradition of parental rights. And many of the children, physically and mentally damaged by rough institutional treatment, do not meet many couples' ideals of an adoptable child.

"The myth is that there are thousands of families who want to adopt," said Rebecca Tucker, the director of the international adoption office of Holt International Children's Services, an American agency that has been working here for the last four years. "But what do those families want? They want an infant, not an older child. They want a child in perfect health and they want a child who is white. You will see a lot of Gypsy children, a lot of older kids and a lot of kids with special needs in the orphanages."

Perhaps the biggest stumbling block to freeing children from institutions is the official attitude that the parents of a child have paramount rights to the child, no matter how delinquent as parents they may be. A law passed last year was supposed to ease this situation but is not working well, the experts said.

The new law says that if a parent has not visited a child in six months the child can be declared abandoned and become eligible for adoption.

But in reality, Ms. Tucker said, orphanage directors are reluctant to declare children abandoned for fear of losing them and thus the financial allowance the Government gives the orphanage for their care. In other cases, there are no workers available to do the necessary paper work, she said.

In Constanta, a city on the Black Sea coast, babies are being abandoned in great numbers by parents because of increasing poverty, said Dr. Rodica Matusa, a pediatrician in charge of abandoned children infected with H.I.V., the virus that causes AIDS.

Rather than focus on what appears to be the near impossible -- reforming institutions -- some international groups have concentrated on the best longterm solutions: trying to persuade some Romanian parents to keep their children or others to adopt. More than 3,000 Romanian families adopted children last year.

One of the most stunning successes in the efforts to insure babies a home came this year through the work of the Romanian Orphanage Trust, a British agency, which, like Holt, has placed specially trained social workers in maternity wards. These are the places where indigent mothers most often dump their babies.

When Alexandra Ion was born this year, her 18-year-old mother, Clara, declared that she did not want the child, her first. Mioara Stamescu, a social worker employed by the trust, counseled Adrian Ion, the 28-year-old father, saying that Alexandra was beautiful and healthy and that it would be best for her to be with him, even without his wife, who had fled.

Mr. Ion, a poorly paid factory worker, took the baby to his one-room apartment in the industrial city of Ploesti, 50 miles north of Bucharest, and with the help of a cousin and donations from the trust looked after her.

A few months ago, he took Alexandra to his parents' home in the village of Vilcaresti, where the child is smothered with affection. Mr. Ion feeds her, changes her diapers, plays with her and acts like a model single parent in the West.

"She's my child, it doesn't matter what happens in the world," Mr. Ion said as the baby gurgled happily. "I would have something on my conscience if I didn't look after her. And now I realize what I would have missed if I had abandoned her in the maternity ward."

Recently, Mr. Ion saved enough to buy Alexandra a pair of tiny gold drop earrings. At their next visit to the baby clinic, Mr. Ion said, the pediatrician will pierce her ears for the new ornaments, an outward sign in Romania of a loved child.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RP8LrO1tsZo [/youtube]

still conditions in in too many orphanages are poor :(

Romanian orphans

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This article needs attention from an expert on the subject. See the talk page for details. WikiProject Romania or the Romania Portal may be able to help recruit an expert. (March 2011)

The standard of living for Romanian orphans is still grave despite vast improvements since their conditions were leaked to the West after the fall of the Communist government in 1989. A news report on the American newsmagazine 20/20, which first aired on October 5, 1990, was the first to show the conditions in full detail on television.[1]

Under Nicolae Ceauşescu, both abortion and contraception were forbidden, leading to a rise in birth rates.[2] This resulted in many children being abandoned and these were joined in the orphanages by disabled and mentally ill people. Together these vulnerable groups were subjected to institutionalised neglect and abuse, including physical and sexual abuse and use of drugs to control behaviour.

[edit] Conditions

Orphanages lacked both medicines and washing facilities, and children were subject to sexual and physical abuse.[3]

The conditions in orphanages had declined after 1982, as a result of Ceauşescu's decision to seize much of the country's economic output in order to repay its foreign debt.[3]

As the realities of life in Romanian orphanages emerged after December 1989, the reaction outside Romania was of shock at the plight of the orphans, and numerous charities were established.[4] Numerous fund-raising activities have been conducted by various parties, such as the 1990 album Nobody's Child: Romanian Angel Appeal, which was compiled by George and Olivia Harrison for AIDS-infected orphans.[5]

In 2006, Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh was criticised for a joke in which he said there were so many orphans "over there you feel they breed them just to put in orphanages." [6]

In September 2005, Emma Nicholson, Baroness Nicholson of Winterbourne, the European Parliament's rapporteur for Romania, stated "Romania has profoundly reformed [from top to bottom] its child protection system and has evolved from one of the worst systems in Europe to one of the best. Countries like Ukraine could learn a lot today from the Romanian example."[7]

In an accession report published prior to November 2005, European Union observers were positive regarding the situation of the child care system in Romania.[8]

Deinstitutionalisaing them had been made a condition of Romanian entry into the European Union, but an investigation by BBC journalist Chris Rogers in 2009 revealed that conditions in some institutions are still very poor and large numbers of institutionalised and traumatised people are still held in inadequate conditions, with many apparently having entered the system post-Ceauşescu.[9] In early 2011 two British charities Hope and Homes for Children and ARK launched a plan to complete the reform of the Romanian Child Protection Systems and close all large children's homes in Romania by 2020.[10]

Number of children in the care of the state between 1990-2010:

L.O.V.E.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
It's all for L.O.V.E.

Ok, this is a just for fun post:

Regarding the numerous WATER references in this thread and Michael's hoax in general,
I thought you'd be interested to know, that Romania has the shape of a fat FISH with a small posterior flipper that "comes" out of the Black SEA when you look at it on the map!

And taking into account that the Romanian mountains are full of GOLD, I think I may call my country The GOLDen FISH lol  :lol:

I wonder if we can make wishes to this "Gold Fish"!? lol Will it fulfill our wishes??  :lol:

Didn't Michael call an attractive women, "fish"?  Or am I remembering wrong.....it wouldn't be the first time, LOL.
Great post Sim....love all your work.....such amazing info.  Thank you!

Blessings Always
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions