MJonmindTopic starter

Brit Awards 2012
February 21, 2012, 09:10:56 PM
'It was for all the suits': Adele flips the bird at the Brits after host James Corden interrupts her Album of the Year speech to introduce Blur
By You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Last updated at 1:47 AM on 22nd February 2012

She was right in the middle of giving an emotional acceptance speech about how she was proud to be flying the flag for Britain.So when she was interrupted so Brit Awards host James Corden could introduce Blur, Adele didn't take too kindly.
The singer, who had won the top award of the night, Album of the Year, flipped the middle finger to show just how annoyed she was.

Adele, who earlier performed a stunning rendition of Rolling In The Deep, said afterwards it was 'to all the suits' of the show.
The 23-year-old was on stage accepting her second award of the night - after taking home Best Female Artist - presented by George Michael.

She said: 'Thank you so much, thank you, thank you very, very much.
'Nothing beats coming home with six Grammys and then coming to the Brits and winning album of the year.

More...

'I'm so proud to be flying the British flag for all of you.'

James then appeared on stage, met by boos from the crowd, and said: 'I'm so sorry, can I just cut off?'
Adele said: 'Are you about to cut me off? Can I just say then, goodbye and I'll see you next time round.'

She then proceeded to flip the bird, amid cheers from the audience.
James introduced Blur, who performed three songs. The group had earlier won the Outstanding Contribution Award and frontman Damon Albarn got away with made a rambling speech - the longest of the night.

The star said afterwards: 'I was about to thank the British public for their support. They cut me off, sorry if I offended anyone but the suits offended me.'
She added: 'I got cut off during my speech and flung the middle finger. But that finger was to the suits at the Brit Awards, not to my fans.'
Fans took to Twitter to support Adele, including several celebrities.
TV chef Jamie Oliver wrote: 'ITV Brits executive producer why did you cut off Adele! bloody rude ! shame anyway respect Adele well deserved jox.'
Lily Allen said: 'I'd rather hear adeles acceptance speech.'
James spoke to Laura Whitmore at the post show party screened on ITV2. and said: 'I feel bad about having to cut Adele off I don't understand why I was made to.

'I was having the best night of my life and then I was told to cut her off. She's the biggest star in the world and I love her.

'I don't understand what happened I'm  really upset.

It was only two weeks ago that M.I.A was pulling the middle finger during a performance at the Super Bowl.
She also swore into the camera during a rap solo, alongside Madonna and Nicki Minaj.
The 36-year-old's camp claimed she was struck with 'a case of adrenaline and nerves'.

'She wasn't thinking,' said the source, who requested anonymity but was with the artist at Lucas Oil Stadium. "It wasn't any kind of statement.

'She was caught in the moment and she's incredibly sorry.'
Earlier last night, Adele accepted her award for Best Female Artist, in the first gong of the night, beating Florence & The Machine, Jessie J, Kate Bush and Laura Marling to Best Female Artist.

2012 BRIT AWARD WINNERS

British Female Solo Artist: Adele
International Male Solo Artist: Bruno Mars

Critics' Choice: Emeli Sande
Best British Single: One Direction, What makes You Beautiful
International Female Solo Artist: Rihanna
British Male Solo Artist: Ed Sheeran
British Group: Coldplay
Best International Group: Foo Fighters
British Breakthrough Act: Ed Sheeran
International Breakthrough Act: Lana Del Rey
Outstanding Contribution To Music: Blur
British Album of the Year: Adele

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Last Edit: February 21, 2012, 09:16:03 PM by MJonmind
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Re: Brit Awards 2012
February 21, 2012, 10:05:12 PM
Thanks for sharing. It almost sounds like that one artist who spoke so long took up the time allotted for Adele. What a shame that she wasn't given the same respect.

James spoke to Laura Whitmore at the post show party screened on ITV2. and said: 'I feel bad about having to cut Adele off I don't understand why I was made to.

'I was having the best night of my life and then I was told to cut her off. She's the biggest star in the world and I love her.

'I don't understand what happened I'm  really upset.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I'm proud to be a child of God and a member of MJ's Army of L.O.V.E.

"Press coverage of my life is like [watching] a fictitious movie...like watching science fiction. It's not true." ~Michael Jackson (2005)

"You should not believe everything you read. You are missing the most important revelations". Craig Harvey 3-15-2012

MJonmindTopic starter

February 21, 2012, 10:24:56 PM
Unless it's all a part of the show--create some controversy for the press.  Notice how this single thing gets so much attention.
I watched bits and pieces before she did the finger, and thought it was all rather boring myself.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

February 25, 2012, 04:57:04 AM
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Unless it's all a part of the show--create some controversy for the press.  Notice how this single thing gets so much attention.
I watched bits and pieces before she did the finger, and thought it was all rather boring myself.

Touche Mjonmind   ;) !!!!! This controversy really ties with Mj you know,remember what Teddy said:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uc6he5iPsJ0[/youtube]

Now if you thought Adele did just "that" ,please listen to what this newbie  :roll:  said here,cause after I finished to watch I was like ,was this even real  :shock:  WTF?? !!!!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vqksza5_anE[/youtube]
Last Edit: February 25, 2012, 05:00:05 AM by applehead250609
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

use_your_illusion

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • If you're reading this...you owe me a dollar
February 25, 2012, 06:13:25 AM
I remember that they use to do that, they cut people off with music, but then they kinda stopped doing it, maybe because some speeches were interesting (Kanye West).

BTW I love 1D songs, can't wait to see them in concert.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions