As plans for are being finalized for a scaled-down funeral for Whitney Houston, ex-husband Bobby Brown denied claims that he was getting the cold shoulder from Houston's family as he tried to stand by his daughter's side.

Bobbi Kristina Brown, Brown and Houston's only child together, was twice hospitalized for stress and anxiety after her mother was found dead in a bathtub Saturday at the Beverly Hilton Hotel in Los Angeles. Bobbi Kristina had been in L.A. with her mother to attend pre-Grammy festivities. Her father flew to California to be with his daughter Sunday.

The 18-year-old Bobbi Kristina was believed to be in New Jersey with her mother's family, but Bobby Brown's camp said she was still in California with her father and other siblings.

"My daughter Bobbi Kristina is doing much better," her father said Tuesday evening in a written statement. "We continue to provide love and support to Bobbi Kristina. She is dealing with the tragedy of her mother's death and would prefer to do it outside of the public eye. I ask again that our privacy be respected."

Bobby Brown, who canceled his reunion tour with his group New Edition to be with Bobbi Kristina, has five other children from other relationships.

Reports of tension between Bobby Brown and his ex-wife's family about attending Houston's funeral, scheduled for Saturday, were inaccurate, a source close to Bobby Brown told ABC News. TMZ reported Tuesday evening that Brown was being frozen out of attending the service by some of Whitney Houston's family members, but the source told ABC News that Brown had been contacted about going.

Calls made by ABC News to Houston's family were not immediately returned.

PHOTOS: Whitney Houston Through the Years

Houston will be laid to rest after a private, invitation-only funeral service in New Jersey on Saturday that will not take place at the Prudential Center arena, the owner of the funeral home making her arrangements announced today.

"Whitney Houston's funeral will be held at noon on Saturday at the New Hope Baptist Church in Newark," Carolyn Wigham, the owner of the Wigham Funeral Home, told reporters today. New Hope is the same church where Houston honed her powerful voice in the choir.

On the family's 2005 reality-TV show, "Being Bobby Brown," it was Bobbi Kristina Brown who often acted more like the parent in the often erratic relationship between her mother and father. Sources close to the family said that Houston's well-known battles with addiction were also a heavy burden for her daughter to bear.

"It's very common, when a parent has an addiction, for the child to be parentalized," Dr. Drew Pinsky, host of HLN's "Dr. Drew," told ABC News. "It's almost a survival mode to try to control and maintain that addictive parent safely, the child takes on the role of parent or parents."

Drew said Brown should be careful about how she handles the inevitable fallout from her mother's death.

"When people are stressed, when they turn to substances, is when they can turn the switch on for addiction," he said. "That is my greatest fear for Bobbi Kristina."

Mother and daughter had begun working together on songs in the recording studio, according to Us Weekly.

Since her death, Houston's record sales have gone through the roof, with her signature hit, a cover of Dolly Parton's "I Will Always Love You" from "The Bodyguard" soundtrack, sitting at the top of the iTunes charts. Her daughter stands to rake in a significant amount of money from this posthumous sales boom.

"Bobbi Kristina can expect as much as $10 million in the next two years. She's going to have money coming in from the singles, money coming in from album sales. Whitney Houston has a movie coming out this summer," a source told ABC News.

Banks recently tried to foreclose on at least two of Houston's homes, ABC News has learned, but a source familiar with Houston's financial situation told ABC News that "she was far from broke."

Singer's Doctors to Be Questioned About Sedative Prescriptions
Investigators will be looking into the doctors who wrote multiple sedative prescriptions for Houston as they try to determine the cause of the pop superstar's death.
Los Angeles County Coroner's Office Assistant Chief Ed Winter told ABC News the office was "conducting an investigation and will try to obtain medical records from her doctors."

The coroner said Sunday the autopsy on the singer was complete but results would not be finalized pending toxicology reports, which could take up to eight weeks.

Prescription drugs were found near Houston's body, and photographs published by TMZ showed bottles of champagne and beer in the adjacent room and on the floor next to the tub where her body was found.

Investigators will subpoena the doctors in the next few days, as well as pharmacies that filled the prescriptions, The Los Angeles Times reported.

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
~~spreading the love~~~lets heal the world~~
~~Oklahomas most dedicated fan....Sheryll~~
~~~~~~~I Love U Michael~~~~~~~

I hope, but I sadly doubt it.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tink

Sorry, you're grasping at straws on this one. She's really deceased, this ain't no hoax. Bobby Brown even broke down at his concert - an Ireporter caught that live!

I was on my way to a few Pre-Grammy parties with my girlfriends, when it got posted on here. I waited to get there, to see with my own eyes on the truth. I rarely go to events, but we had passes... :'(

The doctor's are NOT under investigation, they've been cooperating. She was seeing a nose/throat doc, and had picked up a script for that at Mickey Fine pharmacy for that. Her medical records have been subpoenaed, the docs can't simply hand those over.

There's nothing out of the ordinary, thus far. They're just making sure that she didn't doctor shop! Thus far, the few scripts in her name.
She was worth a pretty penny when she died, too. Nothing was foreclosed on, nada!

Read between the lines: media's blowing things out of proportion.

Bobbi's grandmum and her father are working together, for her sanity.

If you look at how people have been acting around Ms. Houston's death, it's met with tears running freely down their faces, nothing hidden - except the few, who denied she ever had a problem.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Black & Proud! I'm like the Oracle/Batgirl, who helps Batman in the comic books. I believe in "Comic Book justice."

This article got my attention too:

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
~~spreading the love~~~lets heal the world~~
~~Oklahomas most dedicated fan....Sheryll~~
~~~~~~~I Love U Michael~~~~~~~

In a 2009 interview with Oprah Winfrey, Whitney Houston was asked how Michael Jackson's passing affected her -- and the singer's words are particularly chilling given her own untimely death at age 48.

The King of Pop died at age 51 from a lethal dose of the anesthetic propofol in 2009.

Houston told Winfrey that his passing was "devastating".

With her voice shaking, the troubled songstress added, "I thought, 'This can't be true. This can't be true.' I knew he was on painkillers at one time. I didn't know how far and how deep it was."

Houston recalled taping Michael Jackson's 30th Anniversary Celebration with the King of Pop in 2001. Both stars appeared extremely frail at the event.

The singer remembered looking at Jackson and then looking at herself. "I was getting scared," she admitted. "I was looking at myself going, 'No, I don't want this to be like this. This can't happen. Not both of us.'"

Houston —- whose own substance abuse issues have long been documented -— revealed to Winfrey that she had been doing drugs at the time of the Jackson taping.

She said she "was worried" for him -- and for herself. "Mike and I were very close," Houston said. "No one have I ever met [was] quite like that young man," she later added. "And to have it in like that saddens me."

"Was he a mirror for you," Winfrey asked Houston.

"In some ways, yes," the diva replied. "I didn't want to go down that road."

Like Jackson, Houston was on the verge of a career comeback before her Feb. 11 passing.

A coroner's official says Houston's body was discovered underwater in a hotel bathtub (some prescription drugs were in her room).

It will take weeks to determine precisely how the megastar died.

A private funeral is set for Saturday in the New Jersey church where Houston first showed off her singing talents as a child.

Funny I was in the process of posting this article and someone posted the link above too.
Last Edit: February 15, 2012, 03:52:02 PM by starlight30
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

the industry needs to be investigated.  I just don’t believe that all these iconic figures just took to taking drugs out of the blue.  Though the industry is large, the icons are few, and for that many of them to be taken down by the same or similar circumstances is impossible without some kind of orchestration behind it.  I smell rats and they stink  >:(  It almost seems like a ticking time bomb once they reach the status of superstar, you start hearing more and more about drug use.  Makes me wonder if they aren’t being fed addictive meds under the guise of being for energy to allow them to get onstage and do longer and longer sets, and then others under the pretense of being for relaxation after the curtains go down unknowing that these are narcotics that are almost certain to become addictive when used continuously.   They probably don’t even realize the seriousness until they are no longer touring and realize that they still cannot seem to rest or be energetic without some kind of synthetic stimulation.  But by then, the negative affect has already taken hold.  These are somebody’s children.  They are not disposable.  They are human beings who deserve the same quality and quantity of life as any and every one else.  The industry needs to be investigated NOW or I fear we won’t ever have any superstars living out their golden years.  They are dying younger and younger and perceived drug addiction is the common denominator in every one of them.  That’s insane!  It feels like some kind of assembly line where they give and give then they are tagged for extinction and another newer version replaces them.  Is 50 it? Is that all the life they get to live simply because they just happen to have been gifted with creative genuis? It’s insane!   Reminds me of Ths Is It and the 50 shows.  Seems 50 is relevant somehow,  the end game and that is criminal. :evil: 
Last Edit: February 15, 2012, 05:03:10 PM by hesouttamylife
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Don't stop this child, He's the father of man
Don't cross his way, He's part of the plan
I am that child, but so are you
You've just forgotten, Just lost the clue.”

MJ "Magical Child"
Still Rocking my World…
   and leaving me Speechless!

“True goodbyes are the ones never said

Tink

the industry needs to be investigated.  I just don’t believe that all these iconic figures just took to taking drugs out of the blue.  Though the industry is large, the icons are few, and for that many of them to be taken down by the same or similar circumstances is impossible without some kind of orchestration behind it.  I smell rats and they stink  >:(  It almost seems like a ticking time bomb once they reach the status of superstar, you start hearing more and more about drug use.  Makes me wonder if they aren’t being fed addictive meds under the guise of being for energy to allow them to get onstage and do longer and longer sets, and then others under the pretense of being for relaxation after the curtains go down unknowing that these are narcotics that are almost certain to become addictive when used continuously.   They probably don’t even realize the seriousness until they are no longer touring and realize that they still cannot seem to rest or be energetic without some kind of synthetic stimulation.  But by then, the negative affect has already taken hold.  These are somebody’s children.  They are not disposable.  They are human beings who deserve the same quality and quantity of life as any and every one else.  The industry needs to be investigated NOW or I fear we won’t ever have any superstars living out their golden years.  They are dying younger and younger and perceived drug addiction is the common denominator in every one of them.  That’s insane!  It feels like some kind of assembly line where they give and give then they are tagged for extinction and another newer version replaces them.  Is 50 it? Is that all the life they get to live simply because they just happen to have been gifted with creative genuis? It’s insane!   Reminds me of Ths Is It and the 50 shows.  Seems 50 is relevant somehow,  the end game and that is criminal. :evil:

I'll give it to you REAL SIMPLE:

Alcoholics and addicts feel they are invincible. “It won’t happen to me,” they say. Amy Winehouse probably felt the same way.
Friends, family, counselors, therapist and others in recovery can give a person struggling with addiction, love, guidance, compassion and direction. But there’s one thing they can’t do for them, and that’s make CHOICES for them!
Amy Winehouse made the choice to continue using. Her death can’t be blamed on her career, family, friends or anything else. It was her choice to continue abusing alcohol and drugs.
Getting clean and sober is about personal responsibility. Every person is responsible for their own actions and choices. Amy Winehouse made those choices.
Anyone who has been in an Alcoholics or Narcotics meeting, or treatment, has heard one of two, or maybe both, of these phrases. You have a choice, “locked-up, covered-up, or sobered-up,” or “jails, institutions or death?”

There are people today who wish Amy Winehouse would have gone to jail or into an institution. Instead, she will be “covered-up.” All because of choices she made. That’s reality.
Are you making bad choices regarding your addiction? Are you not being responsible for your own actions? Do you feel invincible? Do you want to die?
If you’re in your addiction and have thought about, or made an attempt to get clean and sober, it’s time to quit playing games with your life. GET HELP NOW!
How long will it be before you’re “covered-up?”
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Black & Proud! I'm like the Oracle/Batgirl, who helps Batman in the comic books. I believe in "Comic Book justice."

blankie

• Registered users
  • Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • It's all for L.O.V.E.
I hope, but I sadly doubt it.

I agree with you  :| :cry:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
LOVE YOU MORE

You my dear,are completely on to something.I am in 100% agreement with you.Something is very fishy,and the smell is coming from the industry.There is no way that these celebrities deaths are coincidences.No freaking way,i think the majority of them are being disposed off,for different sadistic reasons.The sad thing is,there are not many people who see things the way we do.This needs to stop,someone has to blow the whistle.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
MJ u are so beautiful,inside and out,u truly are a gift from God.I love u,brother.

Did any of you all on this post find it strange that the media also made a point to share that there was a note given to Brandy(I love her so much btw) from Whitney during the interview? Brandy says that she will never reveal the contents within the msg. Has me really wondering what was in the note. Besides Bobbi Kristina, Brandy was also like a daughter to Whitney...and Brandy truly admired Whitney not only as an artist but she was like a mother to her as well. I wonder what that note said...... :?: :?: :?: :?: ::P

Other than that, the interview given by Oprah was quite awkward....I didn't know she was that close to Michael on that level. Quite interesting. So if they knew what each other was going through with trials and tribulations, why wouldn't he help her "escape" if that REALLY is the case?
Last Edit: February 15, 2012, 08:43:11 PM by alfarle
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I turned 6 yrs old when MJ released the Smooth Criminal single. The 24th will be a very special b-day this yr....:) I'll be 29. Subtract 9-2 and what do you get???? lol Lucky #'s . Last yr in my 20's....

I'll give it to you REAL SIMPLE:

Alcoholics and addicts feel they are invincible. “It won’t happen to me,” they say. Amy Winehouse probably felt the same way.
Friends, family, counselors, therapist and others in recovery can give a person struggling with addiction, love, guidance, compassion and direction. But there’s one thing they can’t do for them, and that’s make CHOICES for them!
Amy Winehouse made the choice to continue using. Her death can’t be blamed on her career, family, friends or anything else. It was her choice to continue abusing alcohol and drugs.
Getting clean and sober is about personal responsibility. Every person is responsible for their own actions and choices. Amy Winehouse made those choices.
Anyone who has been in an Alcoholics or Narcotics meeting, or treatment, has heard one of two, or maybe both, of these phrases. You have a choice, “locked-up, covered-up, or sobered-up,” or “jails, institutions or death?”

There are people today who wish Amy Winehouse would have gone to jail or into an institution. Instead, she will be “covered-up.” All because of choices she made. That’s reality.
Are you making bad choices regarding your addiction? Are you not being responsible for your own actions? Do you feel invincible? Do you want to die?
If you’re in your addiction and have thought about, or made an attempt to get clean and sober, it’s time to quit playing games with your life. GET HELP NOW!
How long will it be before you’re “covered-up?”

Tink, I’m not speaking of AFTER THEY BECOME ADDICTED.  At that point, the damage is already done.   I’m talking about who and how they were  introduced to drugs initially.  Being as they basically live in the studios and board rooms being groomed for who they will eventually become, it seems feasible to me that it is somewhere in that arena that they are given that virgin dose possibly not even knowing what they are taking.  Why?  Because they are young, ambitious, and trusting.  If they are offered a little pill by people they look up to and see as shaping their careers, their futures, to make their performance bigger and better, 9 times out of 10 they’ll accept it.  All it takes is to work ONE time, and boom, they’re convinced.  Its on from there because to them it’s an energy rush, nothing more.  Little do they know what lies ahead, and to me that’s criminal.  If that is indeed being practiced then that’s what needs to be investigated.  I will not believe that the price of being a super star is drug addiction and premature death.  There are always exceptions to the rule, but it certainly shouldn’t be the norm.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Don't stop this child, He's the father of man
Don't cross his way, He's part of the plan
I am that child, but so are you
You've just forgotten, Just lost the clue.”

MJ "Magical Child"
Still Rocking my World…
   and leaving me Speechless!

“True goodbyes are the ones never said

Tink

Oh, I'm pretty darn sure she was offered cocaine at the big parties, because she was a pretty girl, along with the other girls back in the 80s. Eventually, you get tired of saying no. You'd get heckled, told, "Oh, you're afraid to try it, because you're chicken!"

It's not a pill slipped into a drink - cocaine was blatantly offered to us all, on pretty shiny mirrors. Addiction has everything to do with brain chemistry.

But I've got fantastic news on that front, guaranteed to turn a frown into a smile!!  :D

New hope:

Amino Acid may help:

Ingredient of Liquorice shows promise as an antidote for toxic affects of cocaine abuse:

New Way to Fight Cocaine Addiction Discovered
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I also am beginning to wonder if her death is a hoax too.  First of all it happens during the Grammys....full attention of everyone, how could she NOT get noticed?  It fore shadowed the entire event.  Like Michael...lots of attention right before he died.  Also reminded me of Jim Morrison's death in a bathtub in France.  We never saw his dead body...he got buried there, so they said.  Whitney's career was fading... though her music suddenly zoomed to the top again.  Death = a lot of money.  Also I saw this odd post today.  Why would she pass a note to Brady right in the middle of a taped interview?  Why so urgent?  I can't hear what they are saying....but I think she wanted this seen. 

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions