Tink

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I think we are going to divide this forum by 2 . half screen for michael jackson death hoax and the other half for witney houston death hoax  :lol:

Whitney Houston is definitely deceased. This is no hoax...and I do believe I figured out HOW.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Black & Proud! I'm like the Oracle/Batgirl, who helps Batman in the comic books. I believe in "Comic Book justice."

I, too, have never heard anyone use the term "passed" until MJ‘s family started using it.  It’s an incomplete sentence!  It sounds like he passed gas or something. lol  I tell you - since June 25th, 2009 I feel like I’m living in Bizzaro World.

It's pretty common to use passed away instead of died (people think it doesn't sound as harsh) in the U.S. It's not as common to say passed by itself but I still have heard it a fair amount.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You can't do your best when you're doubting yourself. If you don't believe in yourself, who will?" - Michael Jackson...Moonwalk

gwynned

I, too, have never heard anyone use the term "passed" until MJ‘s family started using it.  It’s an incomplete sentence!  It sounds like he passed gas or something. lol  I tell you - since June 25th, 2009 I feel like I’m living in Bizzaro World.

It's pretty common to use passed away instead of died (people think it doesn't sound as harsh) in the U.S. It's not as common to say passed by itself but I still have heard it a fair amount.

But they don't say 'passed away,' which I have heard and still say.  I'm talking about the single word 'passed.' 
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

LoveShyMichael

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • You don't have to explain something you never said

" When someone dies, let's not be afraid to say it: they've died. One thing they certainly haven't done is "passed." That doesn't even make sense.

Unless you're talking about a card game, "pass" is a transitive verb. It must have an object. One has to pass something. The football. The salt. The cemetery on the way to the hospital.

Of course I understand that when people say "pass" instead of "die" they're using a shortened form of "pass away" or "pass on." I've never liked those venerable euphemisms either, but they at least have the virtue of making some sort of sense. If you believe in an afterlife, passing away or passing on suggests transition from one place to another.

Merely to "pass," on the other hand, means squat.

So if you simply must use a euphemism for the perfectly good, entirely inoffensive, and absolutely clear verb "to die," use one of them.  If you want to be colorful and/or clichéd, you can even say "kicked the bucket." "Expired." "Gone to that great lexicon in the sky."

Sometimes saying "passed" seems to be more polite in case the person just died.

Just like "pre-owned" vs-- "used".......which one sounds more polite?

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You are not allowed to view links. Register or LoginYou are not allowed to view links. Register or LoginYou are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

It is just me or this interview is kinda odd  :idea:  :? ??? Why was Janet laughing when Anderson asked her about Whitney ??? And she did that twice  :? .

Anyone understands the pain that Whitney Houston's family is feeling right now, it's Janet Jackson.
After losing her brother, Michael Jackson, in June 2009, she became a rock for the Jackson family and learned invaluable life lessons -- ones that she attempts to impart on the February 20 episode of Anderson.

"I couldn't believe it. Immediately I started shaking," Janet says when she heard about Whitney's death on the news. "I was trying to text everyone that I knew to let them know and I was speechless. I could not believe it ... I still can't believe it when I hear them playing tribute to her on the radio. It's still such a shock to me. I don't want to believe it."

"It's very, very devastating and I pray for her and her family, even Bobby. I mean he's going through so much. They are all going through so much. The mother, it's very sad."

When asked to compare her experience to this one, and pass along any advice to Bobbi Kristina, Janet says, "It's a very, very tough time. Even though it's still a loss. I lost my brother  :cry: , she lost her mother. There's still a difference, even though there's still a loss to a family, I don't know what that's like being so young. It was hard for me. It was very very difficult for me. I didn't want to accept it, it's very difficult. You have to come to terms at some point, you have to actually give it up to God and it sounds so mean but you have to move on you can't hold onto that because it can be very devastating. But you have to go on with life. You figure out a way to move on. It's always right here. There's never a day, not one day has gone by where I don't think about my brother and my other brothers and sisters say the same thing."

Watch a preview of Janet's episode and be sure to tune in to Anderson on February 20.

Janet Jackson Remembers Whitney Houston
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HY21x1HjyjY[/youtube]

Janet Jackson Offers Advice to Whitney Houston's Daughter, Bobbi Kristina
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Z99c3clSU8&feature=related[/youtube]

yeah...a bit odd. lol
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Coming soon to a trial near you; MJ: the resurrection

Tink

I'll say passed, because grandma said people only pass from this realm, onto the next. They're only in spirit form, not physical.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Black & Proud! I'm like the Oracle/Batgirl, who helps Batman in the comic books. I believe in "Comic Book justice."

sandythyme

Tink I agree with you and your Grandma.  It's been almost a year now since I lost My beautiful, very spiritual friend.  When I speak to his wife who is equally amazing she speaks of his passing, before he passed or he has passed.  She says he has passed from this plain to another but spiritually he is still here with her guiding her.  The way she says "passed" is beautiful in away.  She misses him so much, they were so close but she know's he's ok.  Now I say it as well, maybe it's not as harsh, could be, I think I find it more endearing, respectful in a spiritual way.  Take care
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

SimPattyK

• Registered users
  • Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • MJ & ELVIS are ALIVE ~ TRUTH always prevails!
 :) Oh my Janet is looking so GOOD!! She's absolutely gorgeous! and so full of energy!
I don't know what she does or how she does it, but she seems to grow younger, not older!

I love those sparkling eyes so resembling to Michael's and then that naughty wide wonderful smile!!
She clearly KNOWS a lot more than she says!! But her smile talks more than she wants to! lmao  :lol:
I think she cannot control herself not to smile big time when she speaks about "dead" people :lol:

I love Janet!!

LaToya is a much better hoax-actress, though  :lol: :lol:

Love them all!
Sacree famille! the French say! ;)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
MJ & ELVIS are ALIVE ~ You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

SimPattyK

• Registered users
  • Hoaxer
  • View Profile
I think we are going to divide this forum by 2 . half screen for michael jackson death hoax and the other half for witney houston death hoax  :lol:
HEY!! hummmm >:(

Where do you leave Elvis ??  :lol: :lol:
Last Edit: February 27, 2012, 10:54:45 AM by SimPattyK
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
MJ & ELVIS are ALIVE ~ You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

AKHTONI

HEY!! hummmm >:(

Where do you leave Elvis ??  :lol: :lol:

you have just killed me SIM  :lol:  :lol:  I'll never forget elvis again, promise  ;D so :MJ & EP death hoax.  moonwalk_/  elvis_/  :lol:  :lol:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
MJ&EP REAL ICONS AND THE REST ARE RUBBISH

SimPattyK

• Registered users
  • Hoaxer
  • View Profile
@AKHTONI loll  :lol:
Love you!  bearhug

I think Souza will soon change the name of the forum into Michael Jackson & CELEBS death hoax Investigators lol  :lol: I know it sounds crazy.... just kidding here...
Souza, btw, where are you? how are you? Busy probably... investigating something!!
Hope you're fine ;)
Blessings ♥
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions