~Souza~Topic starter

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
2/12/2012 7:19 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Speaking just hours after the passing of Whitney Houston, legendary singer Tony Bennett said he feels with the rash of celebrity deaths recently ... it's time to legalize drugs.

Bennett performed at the Beverly Hilton last night Clive Davis' pre-Grammy party, in an evening dedicated to Houston. Bennett told the crowd, "First it was Michael Jackson, then Amy Winehouse, now the magnificent Whitney Houston. Let's legalize drugs, like Amsterdam, it's a very sane city now."

Davis, Houston's mentor and producer, remembered her by saying, "Whitney was a beautiful person and she had a talent beyond compare. She graced this stage ... so many times. So simply put: Whitney would have wanted the music to go on."

Jennifer Hudson is scheduled to perform a tribute in Houston's honor at tonight's Grammy Awards.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

~Souza~Topic starter

Legalizing drugs is not the solution. The only thing you accomplish by that is that it will be even easier for people to get drugs and use it without legal consequences. Also, USING drugs here is legal, selling is not, so you still have the illegal drug gangs selling poison. The problem is with the people wanting to use it. As easy as it is here to get it, Holland is not very known as a country with a drug problem, simply because people don't feel like using it (plus most of us are stingy and don't want to spend so much money on drugs, lol). That has nothing to do with drugs being legal or not. The problem is Hollywood and the fact that if you want to be famous there, you need to meet requirements that are insane. Our artists (overall) die at a respectable age, simply because it's ok here to be ugly and fat and still sell out concerts. Legalizing drugs is not the solution, accepting people as they are and letting them do their thing their own way is. I am not saying that we don't have problems here, but we treat our artists differently. That has nothing to do with our drug policy.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Legalizing drugs is not the solution. The only thing you accomplish by that is that it will be even easier for people to get drugs and use it without legal consequences. Also, USING drugs here is legal, selling is not, so you still have the illegal drug gangs selling poison. The problem is with the people wanting to use it. As easy as it is here to get it, Holland is not very known as a country with a drug problem, simply because people don't feel like using it (plus most of us are stingy and don't want to spend so much money on drugs, lol). That has nothing to do with drugs being legal or not. The problem is Hollywood and the fact that if you want to be famous there, you need to meet requirements that are insane. Our artists (overall) die at a respectable age, simply because it's ok here to be ugly and fat and still sell out concerts. Legalizing drugs is not the solution, accepting people as they are and letting them do their thing their own way is. I am not saying that we don't have problems here, but we treat our artists differently. That has nothing to do with our drug policy.

Yes Souza I agree.... legalizing drugs is just a band-aid solution.  We need to get to the root of matters. 

Out of curiosity, do they revere the young or the elderly?  I know in North America it seems to be a crime to get older.  The youth, youthful appearances, etc. are held in higher esteem then those who are aging, have life experience, wisdom to share.  So backwards!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

~Souza~Topic starter

Yes Souza I agree.... legalizing drugs is just a band-aid solution.  We need to get to the root of matters. 

Out of curiosity, do they revere the young or the elderly?  I know in North America it seems to be a crime to get older.  The youth, youthful appearances, etc. are held in higher esteem then those who are aging, have life experience, wisdom to share.  So backwards!

It's ok here to get older, but I do see attitudes are changing in recent years, more botox and plastic surgery lately so I hope we won't get the US attitude here too. But we have lots of old, ugly and or fat people here who receive the same honor as the young and pretty, and often more because they have have already proven themselves. let's hope it stays that way.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

paula-c

That drugs spoke this man? , .in the case of Whitney speaks xanax
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RK

The problem is Hollywood and the fact that if you want to be famous there, you need to meet requirements that are insane. Our artists (overall) die at a respectable age, simply because it's ok here to be ugly and fat and still sell out concerts

This madness has infiltrated Australian tv. I had visitors from the UK staying last year who brought up in general conversation that all the television personalities /news readers/ show hosts [especially the female ones] were hotties. I asked if it was the same in UK and they said it was a mixed bag of 50/50 for presenters over there.
Everyday, middle aged people I know are going to Thailand and having plastic surgery "vacations"  in an effort to fit the stereo-type being pushed onto people. Some are 60 year old family members  WTF?? While many in  the world are dying for lack of essentials such as clean water and food. You know, something is seriously wrong with this picture.  The world is indeed mad, and advertising, and media propaganda along with big business are guilty of this mind control on the masses. It's high time this bullshit was blown out of the water. I for one, don't care about my few wrinkles. I wear them with honour like battle scars from the war trenches of life. Been there baby, and I'm still standing BTW. This kind of BS annoys me to the max. How about showing us some true beauty from within...not some vacuous image that has no personality or vulnerability to it. [end of rant]
rant after thought.....legalizing drugs won't change much.....shocking people into waking up and question things seems like a productive start IMO.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tink

That drugs spoke this man? , .in the case of Whitney speaks xanax

Incorrect - I'd been told she'd been on a drinking binge for days, and still took her Xanax along with it.

She simply passed out...and slipped beneath the water, when no one was watching her. Her death is incomprehensibly stupid to have happened, with people waiting in her room. I'm fuming that someone drinking and taking Xanax was allowed to take a bath alone.

Tony Bennett is senile, and has no idea WHAT he's talking about. Whitney & Amy both died of ALCOHOL related deaths, sadly.

I LIVE HERE, for God's sake. Do any of YOU!? This has nothing to do with Hollywood - it has more to do with ADDICTION related deaths.

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Black & Proud! I'm like the Oracle/Batgirl, who helps Batman in the comic books. I believe in "Comic Book justice."

i agree that the idea of legalizing medications is not a good idea. however, a lot of the overdoses that happen in hollywood and here in the US are due to legal drugs, just taken excessively and/or for long periods of time. people here go to the doctor when they get a cold because they want a quick fix (no medicine can actually "cure" a cold, it simply "helps" with the side affects). doctors are more than happy to assign prescription pills for whatever. it's a money game in the end. everyone knows it. that's what needs to be addressed-pharmaceutical companies who are essentially buying and sell lives through meds. they're playing God. when is enough, enough?

as for how we treat our artists and celebrities here in US....i agree with you again. here (generally) the idea is to "never grow old at all costs." except when artists (or every day people even) get botox, surgery, etc, they are criticized for not embracing aging. they can't win. everyone is damned if they do and damned if they don't. and you know who perpetrates that idea? the media. 
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Yeah we're all wonderful, wonderful people
so when did we all get so fearful?
and now we're finally finding our voices
so take a chance, come help me sing this

Love_is_all_u_need

Why on earth would you want to legalise drugs, that is the most insane thing I've ever heard.  Legal or not drugs will always have the same effect which isn't pretty.  I have seen family members and friends lose their lives to drugs and I know for a fact that legalising would only make the matter worse.  We need to heal the pain within and not use drugs to numb it.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Our artists (overall) die at a respectable age, simply because it's ok here to be ugly and fat and still sell out concerts.

Oh if only the US remained that way. 
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tink

Our artists (overall) die at a respectable age, simply because it's ok here to be ugly and fat and still sell out concerts.

Oh if only the US remained that way.

Hey, Opera singers can be any size they want!!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Black & Proud! I'm like the Oracle/Batgirl, who helps Batman in the comic books. I believe in "Comic Book justice."

as for how we treat our artists and celebrities here in US....i agree with you again. here (generally) the idea is to "never grow old at all costs." except when artists (or every day people even) get botox, surgery, etc, they are criticized for not embracing aging. they can't win. everyone is damned if they do and damned if they don't. and you know who perpetrates that idea? the media.

Agree. It's a never-ending cycle. The media is very powerful and unfortunately, they use their power to perpetuate disgusting ideologies.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You can't do your best when you're doubting yourself. If you don't believe in yourself, who will?" - Michael Jackson...Moonwalk

2good2btrue

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • FORGIVENESS IS THE KEY TO YOUR HAPPINESS
It's not the drugs...it's the doctors who prescribe it...There has to be a law in place to monitor how many scripts these doctors are writing out, and whether they are using alias names....

People might say that the celebs will Dr shop if necessary...but every doctor has a provider number, which is written on the scripts...maybe these can be monitored by the DEA or something..

I know that money can buy anything, and that there is an illegal racket going on, but at the end of the day, any drugs that could become addictive, should be barcoded and accounted for..God bless
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tink

It's not the drugs...it's the doctors who prescribe it...There has to be a law in place to monitor how many scripts these doctors are writing out, and whether they are using alias names....

People might say that the celebs will Dr shop if necessary...but every doctor has a provider number, which is written on the scripts...maybe these can be monitored by the DEA or something..

I know that money can buy anything, and that there is an illegal racket going on, but at the end of the day, any drugs that could become addictive, should be barcoded and accounted for..God bless

THE DEA ALREADY has special prescription paper, for all OPIATES and dangerous medications! It doesn't matter WHO does the writing. BUT - if the DOCTOR is writing prescriptions to aliases, that's actually ILLEGAL, on the DEA prescriptions.

NOW do you see what's going on? Some doctors have crossed the line. Many are getting their butts kicked.

Also, the doctors ARE supposed to communicate. For instance with my healthcare system, they actually DO - all is put into the same computer, under my real name, where records are locked. All doctors connected to me can read it, past history, current history, ONLY when needed. Every pill, everything. When I quit taking medicines, even.

Now different Health Care groups are run differently! My last one, I had a horrible time getting my main doc, communicating with A, B, & C. Because of this, it nearly caused my death. Why? Because they didn't give ME my blood tests, and tell me that one of my levels was deathly too low! Simple $5 vitamin a month, saved my life.

It's ALL about communication! Speak with your pharmacist, if you have questions!

So in the end, be INFORMED; TALK; LOOK; LISTEN.

YOU are responsible for YOU, in the end.

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Grace

Harvey is putting the pan on the stove as long as it's hot.

Pancakes are tricky.
First it's the dough, then it's the shortening, then the right pan and the right temperature.
You have to stay with them, pay attention to the heat and turn them at the right moment -
if not, the poffertjes are all black and bitter.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Create your day. Create the most astounding year of your life. Be the change you want to see in the world! L.O.V.E.
***********************************************************************************************
"I am tired, I am really tired of manipulation." Michael Jackson, Harlem, New York, NY, July 6, 2002
***********************************************************************************************
******* Let's tear the walls in the brains of this world down.*******

Time to BE.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal