melody

Re: "It's All For L.O.V.E!
January 20, 2012, 05:12:42 PM
Thanks everlastinglove_MJ, I don't plan on ever giving up; I'll definitely keep fighting the good fight 
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

everlastinglove_MJ

January 20, 2012, 05:38:24 PM
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Thanks everlastinglove_MJ, I don't plan on ever giving up; I'll definitely keep fighting the good fight 
That's the right spirit!      bearhug
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
It's all for L.O.V.E.

January 21, 2012, 02:13:48 AM
heartwarrior, your questions make it really clear to me that love is a decision/action and not so much an emotion.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
heartwarrior, your questions make it really clear to me that love is a decision/action and not so much an emotion. I think this is where most of the world is mistaken and that is where it should start: decide to treat everyone with sympathy, consider the interests, the state of mind, and the well-being of the other person, express yourself with gentleness even if you don't feel like it and the rage just wants to spew out, think twice before sharing a thought that benefits no one, think about what kind of effect your actions and words might have on the other person (whether it's the person you're addressing or an innocent by-stander who overhears your conversation or reads your posts), and decide that, regardless of how a person treats you, their behavior will not determine how you react. Love manifests in the interaction, in what you do/say and how you do/say it, but just because the person you're conversing with is love-less does not mean you should reply without love too. If anything, they need to be shown kindness and gentleness the most. Yet other times it is best to keep silent and not fuel a fight because they're stubborn and nothing you say will penetrate.

Actions rooted in such emotions (fear/jealousy/lust/vegeance/anger/etc..) more often than not lead to trouble and suffering, but, above all, they completely ruin whatever peaceful atmosphere there may have been. I'm waiting for the day the people close to me realize this for themselves because no matter how much I remind them they just don't listen. They may even agree with me in the moment, but they go on living their lives as usual, complaining about the same thing day after day. I don't know how to explain it any more clearly.

They just don't want to change; a part of them seems to enjoy the misery they inflict.  :(

Maybe one day they'll hear me.

You say actions root in emotions and you´re right, I agree. It all comes from inside. Love, just as these adverse feelings you´ve named, is an emotion too by definition. I´d even say love is the strongest emotion of them all, it´s much stronger than fear or rage - if you truly feel it in your heart, it makes them appear ridiculous and pointless.

When your heart is filled with love, it turns fear in confidence, rage in courage, vengeance in forgiveness, being hurt in being healed. It all comes from inside. All of your actions will then follow this feeling naturally.

Definition of Love: a feeling of strong attachment induced by that which delights or commands admiration; preeminent kindness or devotion to another; affection; tenderness; as, the love of brothers and sisters.

Love is like a key that opens the gate of happiness. It makes life colorful and sweet.

That`s what I believe.

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

January 21, 2012, 02:51:27 AM
@melody
You're right, there is a decision to be made - I really think we can decide wether to love or hate. I can feel the lifelong efforts you have put into training of taking responsibility for your actions, 'regardless how a person treats you their behaviour will not determine how you react'. That takes a lot of guts and courage and requires contact with your own inner pains - then you can feel others pains however they occured. I don't know where other people's pains come from and, honestly, sometimes I don't wanna know, I have my own to deal with - but maybe it's enough to have the knowledge in my heart to keep me away from striking back but patiently wait until others gain courage. In lucky moments I can react like 'Oh, you seem to be very upset about this matter, tell me more about it' or something like that - in other moments I just fight to keep my mouth shut, knowing that I can't change others but only myself.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions