MJonmind

Re: Quincy Jones: I forgive Michael
February 07, 2012, 04:22:54 PM
Michael said vitiligo was in his family from his father's side.

Most experts believe that there is a genetic base to vitiligo which leads to susceptibility. In about 12% of families where a person has vitiligo, the condition is seen in another family member. Though no one else in your family may show signs of vitiligo, it is still possible that it is passed on genetically. The most likely reason for this is that more than one gene is responsible for the development of vitiligo. In fact, a combination of genes that may prove to be involved. In some cases, an independent stimulus may cause the condition to onset.

Genes are inherited in a random fashion from both parents, so only sometimes will the genes which make a person susceptible to vitiligo come together in the same person. Those who do not inherit a complete set of the abnormal genes are unlikely to develop the disorder. Those people who do inherit a complete set may also need some other factor to trigger the vitiligo patches to appear. In this way vitiligo genes can pass through several generations of a family without anyone actually developing vitiligo.

Currently, researchers are studying the genetic aspects of vitiligo, using gene-sequencing computers and the mapping of the human genome to determine how genetic therapy and technology might help treat or arrest vitiligo.

What is genetic susceptibility?
This is the theory that the susceptibility or predisposition to vitiligo is genetic, and that some defect in the genetic structure, makes people more susceptible to vitiligo. While we do see vitiligo in more than one family member about 20% of the time, about 80% of patients report no other family members with vitiligo. Many experts agree that not everyone who is susceptible to vitiligo will necessarily develop it. Recent genetic studies, which ran the DNA of hundreds of people with vitiligo through gene sequencing computers, have produced important information about the enzyme operations in the bodies of those with vitiligo, which may help researchers better understand how to treat the underlying cause of vitiligo.

As with all genes, people may carry the defect that causes vitiligo, and even pass it on to their children, without ever developing vitiligo themselves. Thus other factors, including environmental and personality factors, may play a role in the onset (beginning) of vitiligo.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Jermaine once said he was Aaron (MJ's spokesman) and Michael was Moses. (Also Elvis' middle name is Aaron.)  TS???
Regardless, MJ asked for a sign that he was the Chosen One in the song Cry.  Moses also asked for a sign, and he got---VITILIGO!!
Perhaps MJ will get his black skin color back yet in due time!!

Exodus 4  (KJV)

1And Moses answered and said, But, behold, they will not believe me, nor hearken unto my voice: for they will say, The LORD hath not appeared unto thee. 2And the LORD said unto him, What is that in thine hand? And he said, A rod. 3And he said, Cast it on the ground. And he cast it on the ground, and it became a serpent; and Moses fled from before it. 4And the LORD said unto Moses, Put forth thine hand, and take it by the tail. And he put forth his hand, and caught it, and it became a rod in his hand: 5That they may believe that the LORD God of their fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, hath appeared unto thee. 6And the LORD said furthermore unto him, Put now thine hand into thy bosom. And he put his hand into his bosom: and when he took it out, behold, his hand was leprous as snow. 7And he said, Put thine hand into thy bosom again. And he put his hand into his bosom again; and plucked it out of his bosom, and, behold, it was turned again as his other flesh.

8And it shall come to pass, if they will not believe thee, neither hearken to the voice of the first sign, that they will believe the voice of the latter sign. 9And it shall come to pass, if they will not believe also these two signs, neither hearken unto thy voice, that thou shalt take of the water of the river, and pour it upon the dry land: and the water which thou takest out of the river shall become blood upon the dry land. 10And Moses said unto the LORD, O my LORD, I am not eloquent, neither heretofore, nor since thou hast spoken unto thy servant: but I am slow of speech, and of a slow tongue. 11And the LORD said unto him, Who hath made man's mouth? or who maketh the dumb, or deaf, or the seeing, or the blind? have not I the LORD? 12Now therefore go, and I will be with thy mouth, and teach thee what thou shalt say. 13And he said, O my LORD, send, I pray thee, by the hand of him whom thou wilt send. 14And the anger of the LORD was kindled against Moses, and he said, Is not Aaron the Levite thy brother? I know that he can speak well. And also, behold, he cometh forth to meet thee: and when he seeth thee, he will be glad in his heart. 15And thou shalt speak unto him, and put words in his mouth: and I will be with thy mouth, and with his mouth, and will teach you what ye shall do. 16And he shall be thy spokesman unto the people: and he shall be, even he shall be to thee instead of a mouth, and thou shalt be to him instead of God. 17And thou shalt take this rod in thine hand, wherewith thou shalt do signs.
Last Edit: February 07, 2012, 04:36:41 PM by MJonmind
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

LoveShyMichael

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • You don't have to explain something you never said
Re: Quincy Jones: I forgive Michael
February 07, 2012, 06:32:56 PM
Does Prince have vitiligo? I see the picture on site that looks to have splotches under his arms.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You are not allowed to view links. Register or LoginYou are not allowed to view links. Register or LoginYou are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal