paula-cTopic starter

Mouthpiece Soros Calls On Google To Police "Conspiracy Theories"

Stanford scholar wants search engines to flag global warming, vaccine skepticism as thought crimes Stanford scholar wants search engines to flag global warming, as skepticism vaccine Thought Crimes

Paul Joseph Watson Paul Joseph Watson
Prison Planet.com Prison Planet.com
Tuesday, January 24, 2012 Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Former fellow of George Soros' Open Society and current Stanford University scholar Evgeny Morozov has called on Google and other search engines to become thought crime enforcers, by providing warnings about websites that contain “conspiracy theories” such as the belief, held by a majority of Americans, that global warming is not primarily man-made. Former fellow of George Soros' Open Society and current Stanford University scholar Evgeny Morozov have been silent on Google and other search engines to Become Thought crime enforcers, by Providing warnings About That websites contain "Conspiracy Theories" such as the Belief, Held by a Majority of Americans, That is not Primarily global warming man-made.

Morozov, Whose biography Confirms him as a well-connected insider, in a Slate piece decries how the Internet is a Useful Tool for "People Who deny global warming" as well as "The Anti-Vaccination Movement," calling on Google to Provide a "socially responsible curated treatment" Beliefs That Would marginalize by Amending Such search results.

His solution is to, “Nudge search engines to take more responsibility for their index and exercise a heavier curatorial control in presenting search results for issues like “global warming” or “vaccination.” Google already has a list of search queries that send most traffic to sites that trade in pseudoscience and conspiracy theories; why not treat them differently than normal queries? His solution is to, "Nudge search engines to take more Responsibility for Their index and Exercise to heavier curatorial control in Presenting search results for issues like" global warming "or" Vaccination. "Already have a Google search queries list of MOST send traffic That That trade to sites in pseudoscience and conspiracy Theories, why not treat Differently Than Them normal queries? Thus, whenever users are presented with search results that are likely to send them to sites run by pseudoscientists or conspiracy theorists, Google may simply display a huge red banner asking users to exercise caution and check a previously generated list of authoritative resources before making up their minds.” THUS, Wherever users are Presented with search results are likely to send That Them to sites run by conspiracy theorists or pseudoscientists, Google May Simply display a huge banner network Asking users to Exercise caution and check the list of Previously generated authoritative resources making up Before Their minds. "

Morozov describes the potential that such a move will be judged as Google “shilling for Big Pharma or for Al Gore” as “a risk worth taking”. Morozov describe the Potential That Will Be Such a move Google Judged as "shilling for Big Pharma or for Al Gore" as "A Risk worth taking".

This represents a similar argument to Cass Sunstein's “cognitive infiltration,” an effort by Obama's information czar to slap government warnings on controversial websites (including those claiming that exposure to sunlight is healthy). This Represents a similar argument to Cass Sunstein's "cognitive infiltration," an effort by Obama's information czar to slap warnings on controversial Government websites (including Those Claiming That Exposure to sunlight is healthy). In a widely derided white paper , Sunstein called for political blogs to be forced to include pop ups that show “a quick argument for a competing view”. In a widely derided white paper , Sunstein call for Political blogs to be Forced to include pop ups That show "a quick argument for a Competing view". He also demanded that taxes be levied on dissenting opinions and even suggested that outright bans on certain thoughts should be enforced. Also I sue That taxes be levier on dissenting opinions are and outright bans Even Suggested That Should Be on Certain Thoughts enforced.

Giving companies like Google, which has grown to virtually become the gatekeeper of the entire Internet itself and is already engaging in SOPA-like acts of censorship , the power to denote which political and scientific positions are acceptable and which are fringe “conspiracy theories” is an insult to free thinking and smacks of Chinese-style thought control. Giving companies like Google, Which you have grown to Become Virtually the gatekeeper of the Entire Internet and is Itself Already Engaging in Acts of SOUP-like censorship , the power to denote Which Political and scientific positions are acceptable and Which are fringe "Conspiracy Theories" is an insult to free thinking and smacks of Chinese Thought-style control.

Morozov's argument is also completely undermined by the fact that the two so-called fringe “conspiracy theories” he forwards as being in need of Google's thought crime control, skepticism about global warming and the dangers of vaccines, are views held by millions of Americans and are not “fringe” at all. Morozov's argument is Also Completely Undermined by the Fact That the two so-Called fringe "Conspiracy Theories" I forwards as Being in Need of Google's Thought crime control, skepticism About global warming and the Dangers of vaccines, are views Held by millions of Americans and are not "fringe" at all.

According to the most recent polls , less than half of Americans now believe that global warming is caused by human activity, a number that has been slipping for the past several years. According To The Most recent polls , Less Than Half of Americans now believe global warming is That Caused by human activity, a number That Has Been slipping for the past Several years.

A dvertisement A dvertisement
In addition, polls show that a quarter of Americans, some 75 million of them, believe that vaccines are unsafe and can cause autism. In Addition, polls show That a quarter of Americans, 75 million of Them Some, believe vaccines are unsafe and That Can cause autism. To characterize this as a minority conspiracy belief is like labeling Catholicism as a doctrine of a tiny fringe. To characterize this as a conspiracy minority Labeling Catholicism Belief is like as a doctrine of a tiny fringe.

At best, views about global warming and the safety of vaccines can be described as being split, but to claim that skepticism over man-made climate change and the dangers of inoculations are “kooky” fringe conspiracy beliefs, as Morozov does in his article, is brazenly inaccurate and exposes the agenda-driven bias of his rhetoric. At best, global warming and views About the safety of vaccines Can Be Described as Being split, But to claim That skepticism over man-made climate change and the Dangers of inoculations are "kooky" fringe conspiracy Beliefs, as does Morozov In His article, is brazenly expose the inaccurate and agenda-driven bias of historical Rhetoric.

This is further illustrated by the reader comments, which almost universally deride Morozov and attack his argument as being a thinly veiled demand for Internet censorship. This is illustrated by the reader Further comments, Morozov deride Which Almost Universally historical argument and attack thinly veiled as Being a demand for Internet censorship.

“The day Google starts doing things like this is the day I find a new search engine,” writes one. "The day Google starts doing Things like this is the day I find a new search engine," writes one.

“So, you are a supporter of internet censorship? "So, you are a supporter of internet censorship? Only of information that you disagree with, of course. Only of information That You disagree with, of course. So I assume Slate and NAF did not support the recent action regarding SOPA?” adds another. So I assume Slate and NAF did not support the recent action regarding SOUP? "Another adds.

Morozov's rhetoric is merely one aspect of the wider move to turn the Internet into an echo chamber of establishment propaganda, drowning out alternative voices to the benefit of large pharmaceutical companies who make billions from selling risky vaccines and scientific bodies whose very survival depends upon the global warming myth being upheld. Morozov's Rhetoric is Merely one aspect of the WIDER move to turn the Internet Into an echo chamber of establishment propaganda, drowning out alternative voices to the Benefit of large pharmaceutical companies Who make billions from selling risky vaccines and scientific onesies Whose very survival depends upon the global Being upheld warming myth.

It represents another effort to win an information war the establishment is currently losing, as Hillary Clinton herself admitted , by not just creating a new Orwellian Internet Ministry of Truth, as Bill Clinton demanded , but by ascribing this role to the very gatekeeper of the Internet itself – Google. It Represents Another effort to win an information war Currently the establishment is losing, as Hillary Clinton herself Admitted , by not just Internet Creating a new Orwellian Ministry of Truth, as Bill Clinton demanded , But by ascribing this role to the very gatekeeper of the Internet Itself - Google.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

I believe, the days come very hard for internet :?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Andrea

The very fact that these people are trying to do this shows that there is something to hide.  They think too many people are waking up, which is counter-productive to their plans.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Hm. As long as they just blather about it. They can blather all they want,
it's them acting we all should prevent or at least pay attention to. If we can.

Lol we'll never come to terms with global warming  :lol:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Are they going to flag the word "Michael Jackson Death Hoax"? OMG...
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Please, click "I Like It" on my Facebook page if you like my drawings :) You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login<br>

this is an effective example of the difference between truth and 'conspiracy' theory imo. A theory wouldn't cause such fear....talk about shooting themselves in the foot! Lets hope they aim higher in future. /bravo/
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Let's just hope that we are not also on the future chopping block.  Conspiracy is as conspiracy does, and if they are targeting simply because conspiracy is associated, we might be further on down the road for extinction.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Don't stop this child, He's the father of man
Don't cross his way, He's part of the plan
I am that child, but so are you
You've just forgotten, Just lost the clue.”

MJ "Magical Child"
Still Rocking my World…
   and leaving me Speechless!

“True goodbyes are the ones never said

suspicious mind

they are refering to soros as a mouthpiece  :? for whom? interesting about how they want to nudge folks , one of cass sunstines bywords i think.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be shrewd as serpents and as innocent as doves."  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Why not just tell people I'm an alien from Mars? Tell them I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight. They'll believe anything you say, because you're a reporter. But if I, Michael Jackson, were to say, "I'm an alien from Mars and I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight," people would say, "Oh, man, that Michael Jackson is nuts. He's cracked up. You can't believe a single word that comes out of his mouth."

This is so messed up.  I used to watch this kind of stuff everyday on the Alex Jones show. But after he said those disgusting things about Michael I lost interest completely and realized that if he was really into fighting the good fight then he'd look deeper into Michael than he did. He did what he's supposed to be 100% against, he believed the media without checking it out. I'm glad the things he said made me snap out of it though. I was getting pretty down with all his extremely repetitive talking about bad stuff, and his angry attitude. My sister and I actually called the show about it and they hung up on us. He says he doesn't screen calls but he does, at least he used to. I wish David Icke would do a daily broadcast. He's a lot more relaxed, and more knowledgeable in my opinion. Alright I'm gonna stop before I go on a crazy rant. Haha, thanks for posting this. : )
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

... I used to watch this kind of stuff everyday on the Alex Jones show. But after he said those disgusting things about Michael I lost interest completely and realized that if he was really into fighting the good fight then he'd look deeper into Michael than he did. He did what he's supposed to be 100% against, he believed the media without checking it out.

- don't even want to know what he said, enough hateful unsupported BS circulating around,
but I had my reasons to erase Jones from my "I'm watching that" list quite some time ago,
exactly because he is not as pro-Truth as he wants you to believe he is. 
He grabs "sensational!" stuff without checking his "facts" often and presents it as Truth to be
 paranoid about, not professional at all.
They did cover interesting stuff, but the stuff was not that new, available elsewhere
often in "duller" long text format, they make it short and emotional and easy to get for 17 y.o.
crowd, sort of.
But they need ethics and professionalism added, having a heart and sense of shame won't hurt as well.
Last Edit: January 31, 2012, 06:49:29 PM by Aidan_81
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

paula-cTopic starter

In the last few days there has been much talk of the internet, the " law " SOPA/PIPA, ACTA and up to the censorship to twitter, something is cooking.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

- don't even want to know what he said, enough hateful unsupported BS circulating around,
but I had my reasons to erase Jones from my "I'm watching that" list quite some time ago,
exactly because he is not as pro-Truth as he wants you to believe he is. 
He grabs "sensational!" stuff without checking his "facts" often and presents it as Truth to be
 paranoid about, not professional at all.
They did cover interesting stuff, but the stuff was not that new, available elsewhere
often in "duller" long text format, they make it short and emotional and easy to get for 17 y.o.
crowd, sort of.
But they need ethics and professionalism added, having a heart and sense of shame won't hurt as well.

I agree 1000% I was so intrigued when I was like 14. I found him through this boy that made videos about his school supporting a police state and stuff.  I'd only been listening for 2 months tops. Then, what he said about Michael was so awful it just snapped me out of it REALLY fast. It was RIGHT after he "died" too. If any other celebrity died, I bet he'd tell every one the Illuminati did it. But I remember someone asked him if he thought they did it and he laughed and said "I don't know."  He uses people's fear to get rich. You can't just sit there day after day, hours on end and spill bad news repeatedly. You need balance or else you're going to go crazy. A lot of it is just purely rumors too. I'm just glad I didn't donate to him when he sat there begging for money. There are wayyyyy better causes to donate to.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

MJonmind

Well, if TS said the God has shut the mouths of the lions, in MJ's case, then God can allow this hoax-site to continue as long as is needed, at least to Sign #7 and Bam!  I'm hoping!!

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

SimPattyK

• Registered users
  • Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • MJ & ELVIS are ALIVE ~ TRUTH always prevails!
I have always associated EVIL(Devil) with the names: Soros, Sneddon, Rockefeller, Rothschilds, Bashir, and the other SOB I can't remember his name now, and for a good reason ! loll the media mogul, the one behind all the media trash thrown at Michael.

They are so stupid if the BAN the terms related to conspiracy theories! lmao  :lol: People will always find ways to talk about what they want! under secret code names...whatever... In the end they would need to BAN all the terms, the entire dictionary! lmao  :lol:
Last Edit: February 01, 2012, 04:02:01 AM by SimPattyK
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
MJ & ELVIS are ALIVE ~ You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Tink

Google is simply a SEARCH ENGINE. You can try Foxfire, if you like! Google has been self-censoring for quite awhile, and no one's seemed to put up a fuss.

I laugh, when people try to say human's aren't causing the planet trouble - you can see the issues from the Space Station, via China now, due to lack of controls on their emissions! Yes, and that's where American jobs were sent by big business, just so they didn't have to pay for emission control (insert heavy sarcasm). Doesn't matter where; it still affects the planet!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Black & Proud! I'm like the Oracle/Batgirl, who helps Batman in the comic books. I believe in "Comic Book justice."

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal