Did Michael know something about the ACTA agreement most of the countries are going to sign tomorrow?
Uploading and dowlnoading most of the copyrightd material will be illegal... Corporation will be able to search every computer in search of infringement..
Maybe therefore Michael said "We've got four years to get it right"? Maybe that's why he said "This is it" - the final curtain call - because after introducing ACTA internet will not be as free as it was and pulling a stunt like "Death Hoax" will not be possible?
What are your thoughts?

Some info about ACTA:
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
 bearhug
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Please, click "I Like It" on my Facebook page if you like my drawings :) You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login<br>

Grace

Key countries already signed it last October.
Poland will sign tomorrow. All others may sign until 31 March 2013.

The final text was released on 15 November 2010,[23] with You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login, You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login, and You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login published on April 15, 2011.[24] A signing ceremony was held on 1 October 2011 in You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login, with the United States, Australia, Canada, Japan, Morocco, New Zealand, Singapore, and South Korea signing the treaty. The European Union, Mexico, and Switzerland attended but did not sign, professing support and saying they will do so in the future.[25][26] Article 39 of ACTA states countries can sign the treaty until 31 March 2013. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login reportedly has the final decision over whether the treaty is dismissed or enacted.[27]
Poland announced on January 19 that it will sign the treaty on January 26, 2012.[28] A number of Polish government websites, including that of the President and You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login, were shut down by denial of service attacks that started January 21, akin to You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login that had happened two days previous.[29][30]

I'd say it is likely that Michael is informed about the overall process of copyright law developments as he is one of the owners of the second largest music catalogue now.

What kind of an asset is a music catalogue? It is the exclusive right held for specific intellectual property, exclusive right to use this property, distribute it, demand royalties when third parties want to use parts of it etc.
Usually, business people don't invest in a business they do not know inside out.
A music catalogue is about a safe for the documents, contracts, lawyers and truckwise paperwork securing the rights and regulating the use of them as well as control mechanisms as to stopping any abuse or right infringement.
Last Edit: January 25, 2012, 08:08:53 AM by Grace
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Create your day. Create the most astounding year of your life. Be the change you want to see in the world! L.O.V.E.
***********************************************************************************************
"I am tired, I am really tired of manipulation." Michael Jackson, Harlem, New York, NY, July 6, 2002
***********************************************************************************************
******* Let's tear the walls in the brains of this world down.*******

Time to BE.

As we know, Michael often sells his art at a lower price or even gives it for free. I wonder what is his opinion?
There are riots in Poland at the moment - mostly very young people are protesting in V-for Vendetta masks. But the government will sign it tomorrow..
This is really an END Game for us folks...
In my opinion - it's a perfect moment for Michael to come back and tell to the whole world: "Didn't I warn 'ya? Wake up - world!"
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Please, click "I Like It" on my Facebook page if you like my drawings :) You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login<br>

GINAFELICIA

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • Playing it safe is the riskiest choice.
This ACTA doesn't sound very good.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

paula-c

In short, Act will work as well:
Be requested to the Internet service providers (ISPs) to monitor the communications of its users. The ISP will have no alternative.
It will hamper the notion of "fair use" of copyright-protected material (i.e. materials that are distributed for information, such as demos, fragments of books or scholarly articles, videos).
It criminalize file sharing online through protocols P2P (Peer to Peer).
Limited access to low-cost medicines in developing countries.

Another problem with ACTA is that it considers the Internet as if it were a country. Laws in countries operating in varying degrees, they appeal to international treaties, but the Internet is a neutral venue for communication and interaction between people and organizations, regardless of their nationalities. That Act would be building a legal framework that would work as a boundary: If Internet were a country, minutes would be its customs police.

For example, if someone has a blog and want to write on a topic, the sources used to make it undergo a remix, a new mix; This applies to newspapers, books, music and all the imaginable media. We use this information to think, analyze, and share it with others. This is how the great innovations on the Internet have enabled shared knowledge. But according to ACTA, a simple blog, Tumblr or Twitter account to distribute material protected by copyright (as a journalistic note, for example) could be deleted arbitrarily, without informing the user.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Google will be reading emails, reading blogs, following your every keystroke starting today, supposedly to be able to direct users to sites that can better serve them according to their preferences.  To me this is total bull.  Read your e-mails?  I don' t like it one bit. 
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Don't stop this child, He's the father of man
Don't cross his way, He's part of the plan
I am that child, but so are you
You've just forgotten, Just lost the clue.”

MJ "Magical Child"
Still Rocking my World…
   and leaving me Speechless!

“True goodbyes are the ones never said

paula-c

I believe that is bring something between hands if closed megaupload, which was the 7or site visits to the world, it can close any other site. Can close all oce storage rapidshare, hotfile or even mediafire. Also storage of photos: imageshack, perhaps they didn't want that people look at a few soldiers urinating on some dead bodies, or that people look at what really happened on 9/11, or what is happening in Guantanamo or what happened in the Abu Ghraib prison.
Also the forums could be closed for any excuse. Today no one is safe. This is to generate frustration, fuel will be able to feed social outbursts.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GINAFELICIA

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • Playing it safe is the riskiest choice.
Does it mean TS won't be able to hide his/hers identity anymore bounce/ ;D?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

paula-c

smiley_spider :lol:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

In my country - thousands of young computer geeks are marching through the cities with  with anti-ACTA posters
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tink

As we know, Michael often sells his art at a lower price or even gives it for free. I wonder what is his opinion?
There are riots in Poland at the moment - mostly very young people are protesting in V-for Vendetta masks. But the government will sign it tomorrow..
This is really an END Game for us folks...
In my opinion - it's a perfect moment for Michael to come back and tell to the whole world: "Didn't I warn 'ya? Wake up - world!"

@VeryLittleSusie - Then, why isn't this on the BBC? Okay, dug further - People PAINTEd their faces. Link is FROM that article
you posted, very, very right-hand bottom. Was local, not big enough for international news, but I'm posting the links,
Because you ARE correct! Did happen, here you go!  bearhug

Last Edit: January 26, 2012, 03:28:34 PM by Tink
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Black & Proud! I'm like the Oracle/Batgirl, who helps Batman in the comic books. I believe in "Comic Book justice."

Tink

smiley_spider :lol:

That, I disagree with. People should be able to stay anonymous, as long as they aren't breaking any laws. No one can follow each and every key stroke that each and every one of us does, unless you do that to yourself.

This appears to be agreements, but I don't have the time to analyze it. Definitely not end of the world stuff, though.

Do know of many, many artists who've found their CDs & DVDs that they've sold at conventions, suddenly show up on the peer to peers, which is completely illegal! Those are the lines they've been helpless to stop on their own.

With drugs, Cuba will never sign that - they bought the HIV/AIDs drugs, and their research scientists figured them out, and handed generics out to their populations to stop the spread - something they could do, since they are Communists.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Black & Proud! I'm like the Oracle/Batgirl, who helps Batman in the comic books. I believe in "Comic Book justice."

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal