finfinTopic starter

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

JACKSON FAMILY
Going After Dr. Murray's Money
... IS POINTLESS!!!

Prosecutors will no longer seek more than $100 million in restitution from Dr. Conrad Murray at the request of Michael Jackson's family, because as the proverb goes ....you can't squeeze blood from a turnip.

A rep for the Los Angeles District Attorney's Office says prosecutors were informed that the Jackson family is giving up on restitution ... so the D.A. withdrew the request.  As a result, the restitution hearing scheduled for Monday has been called off.

Murray -- who's serving a 4 year jail sentence for his role in the death of MJ -- is basically broke ... and now that his medical license has been revoked, it's unclear how he plans to earn money once he's released.

It seems the Jackson family finally decided it wasn't worth the time or the energy to battle for scraps.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"Consciousness expresses itself through creation. This world we live in is the dance of the creator." Michael Jackson

MaryK

• Registered users
  • Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • The world is just illusion, trying to change you
 :shock: :lol:

".....for his role in the death of MJ"

Interesting wording isn´t it?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You and I were never separate

It's just an illusion

Wrought by the magical lens of Perception

Murray will be fine ... he'll be the Director of MJ's Children's Hospital! 
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

~Souza~

Let's say Murray really killed Michael and he really was broke, then STILL you would do anything in your power as a family to make his life miserable by letting him hand over every penny he can each and every month for the rest of his life. But instead the famly decides to make a nice gesture and Murray doesn't have to pay a dime. LMAO!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

paula-c

yes, he should not pay nothing....... for the services rendered
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Adi

"It seems the Jackson family finally decided it wasn't worth the time or the energy to battle for scraps"

Perhaps a message regarding the current battles going on in other threads about Front and TS/TIAI?

....just a thought anyway.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

mjj4ever777

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • BE LOVE..LIVE LOVE! I LOVE you all, so very much!
It still boggles my mind that the "non Believers", still can't see how outlandish stuff like this is! I mean seriously?? I just don't get it...why can't they connect the dots like the rest of us?? It really is kind of sad, isn't it? I wonder if they will now "attack" the family for not going after Murray's money? I sincerely hope not.

Sending you all my LOVE...don't forget to tell someone that you LOVE them today!  bearhug

LIVE LOVE...BE LOVE!

@Adi...you may be on to something there! ;)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I may well be off base here, BUT!  Since WHEN does a CRIMINAL court take financial restitution matters in consideration? Their purpose has been served with the "verdict" and any subsequent appeals.  It is a CIVIC court which would look at a new trial with a more lenient "burden of proof" to award damages......

So what was this about anyway?   suspicious//
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

~Souza~

I may well be off base here, BUT!  Since WHEN does a CRIMINAL court take financial restitution matters in consideration? Their purpose has been served with the "verdict" and any subsequent appeals.  It is a CIVIC court which would look at a new trial with a more lenient "burden of proof" to award damages......

So what was this about anyway?   suspicious//

I thought that was odd as well, but I have too little knowledge of the US legal system so it might as well be normal. I mean it's America, you can sue McDonalds if your coffee is hot and you can't seem to drink it without spilling it, so I mean...
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Souza,
LOL, so true re: Americans' penchant for keeping lawyers making money by suing for any old thing. However, there is a difference in the US between a criminal and a civil case...
 :?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GINAFELICIA

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • Playing it safe is the riskiest choice.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

um, he isnt broke he has assets. if murray really 'killed' mj he would be forced to sell his assets. he also had proceeds for the doco he did. wasnt he also earning 150K a month with MJ. and i am sure he would have had somekind of 'income protection insurance' - (although on second thoguht probably hasnt gone down that root as when the hoax is revealed doesnt want to be up for insurance fraud)

im sure by "dropping requests for restitution" tmz really mean "the jacksons are finding away to progress the case and untangle murray from payment... now watch this space to see how MJ and family reverse the prison sentence"

LOL....

keep watchin'
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
People laugh when I explain. And though they may laugh, that doesn't change the fact that it's still the truth.

Michael is Alive
The end of evil is nigh
Trust in God
The righteous will prevail

suspicious mind

humm ?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be shrewd as serpents and as innocent as doves."  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Why not just tell people I'm an alien from Mars? Tell them I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight. They'll believe anything you say, because you're a reporter. But if I, Michael Jackson, were to say, "I'm an alien from Mars and I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight," people would say, "Oh, man, that Michael Jackson is nuts. He's cracked up. You can't believe a single word that comes out of his mouth."

Quite odd as mentioned for a judge in a criminal court to go after restitution.  It is always handled in the civil court at the family's insistence in the case of a deceased person.  I wonder now how the appeals will go, or if that too will be dropped.   bangbang

Does anyone really believe that Murray is in jail?  I don't.  Just a gut feeling.  Guess we'll just have to wait it out to see along with the case Joe has brought against AEG who I feel do need to be investigated contrary to popular belief.  Not for a death but for shady dealings.  I feel they are thick as theives all up in this and it's time they were outed for the snakes they are.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Don't stop this child, He's the father of man
Don't cross his way, He's part of the plan
I am that child, but so are you
You've just forgotten, Just lost the clue.”

MJ "Magical Child"
Still Rocking my World…
   and leaving me Speechless!

“True goodbyes are the ones never said

suspicious mind

Quite odd as mentioned for a judge in a criminal court to go after restitution.  It is always handled in the civil court at the family's insistence in the case of a deceased person.  I wonder now how the appeals will go, or if that too will be dropped.   bangbang

Does anyone really believe that Murray is in jail?  I don't.  Just a gut feeling.  Guess we'll just have to wait it out to see along with the case Joe has brought against AEG who I feel do need to be investigated contrary to popular belief.  Not for a death but for shady dealings.  I feel they are thick as theives all up in this and it's time they were outed for the snakes they are.

sure seems to me that one guys was kind of aggitated to be on the witness stand.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be shrewd as serpents and as innocent as doves."  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Why not just tell people I'm an alien from Mars? Tell them I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight. They'll believe anything you say, because you're a reporter. But if I, Michael Jackson, were to say, "I'm an alien from Mars and I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight," people would say, "Oh, man, that Michael Jackson is nuts. He's cracked up. You can't believe a single word that comes out of his mouth."

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal