Confirmed: Michael Jackson Sells Over 1 Billion Records Worldwide wow  :shock:   :shock: /bravo/
Sunday, January 15th 2012

He’s breaking records even from the grave.

Yes, despite passing away now three years ago, Pop deity Michael Jackson is continuing to extend his lead as the most groundbreaking creative act of all time.

For, as of this year, he has has exceeded worldwide sales of 1 billion copies.  penguin/

Full story below…

According to the Michael Jackson Estate, the icon- who scored a whopping 13 #1 singles and 17 Grammys- to name just two of his achievements- has shifted  over 1 billion albums across the globe since his solo debut in 1972.

Calculated by combining the sales sales of the icon’s oft celebrated back catalog of music, the news is expected to be confirmed by Sony Music in coming weeks following Jackson’s immortalization  at Grauman’s Chinese Theater on January 26th, in celebration of his impact on Pop culture  8-) .

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Last Edit: January 15, 2012, 04:30:36 PM by applehead250609
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Thank you for posting this - I saw this on Twitter last week but couldn't find an "official" notice.

There are very few artists who have achieved this feat - but what is amazing is that this is from his solo career so the records sold from his J5 days aren't counted. That is incredible to me.

What would be interesting for me is to know how much has been sold since June 25, 2009.

I am really glad that Michael continues to be recognized for his achievements. He deserves to be. It's my hope that all of the stupid talk about "the next King of Pop" will cease. There is only ONE King of Pop - and that is Michael Jackson. Now and forever!!!

Blessings to you :)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I'm proud to be a child of God and a member of MJ's Army of L.O.V.E.

"Press coverage of my life is like [watching] a fictitious movie...like watching science fiction. It's not true." ~Michael Jackson (2005)

"You should not believe everything you read. You are missing the most important revelations". Craig Harvey 3-15-2012

Katie2

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • Life is not a problem to be solved, but a reality
Well done Michael /bravo/ and Bad 25 is not even released yet, this news is brillant. Michael always deserved a billion and now he got it, next target 2 billion  ;D, he is also the first black artist to sell 1 billion
Last Edit: January 15, 2012, 05:17:39 PM by Katie2
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

MissG

So sad that this is news again but after he died. Bunch of hypocrites.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
("Minkin güerveeeee")
Michael pls come back

"Why a four-year-old child could understand this hoax. Run out and find me a four-year-old child. I can't make head nor tail out of it"

I read...we know how the media is.... that the only one ahead of Michael is sales are the Beatles....
Which for monetary reasons, is Michael as he owns their catalog  ;)
YEAH to go MICHAEL  :)
♥ There are no boundaries ♥ to our love for you ♥
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I dare say many of us have at least one of his albums, lol.  Isn't it cool to think we are actually a physical part of Michael's record-breaking success....I think so anyways :)

Blessings Always
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions