Having an Off Day and it feels empty
January 15, 2012, 03:55:33 PM
Do you sometimes think back to the days when we were inundated with news about Michael.  Albeit mostly negative, there were still lots and lots of stories or talk about him all over the internet, news media, etc.  I remember how we fought tooth and nail to have that negativity erased.   :?  Well, I guess we got what we set out to accomplish.  And today it hit me kinda hard when I searched his name and there was virtually nothing.  This was all that I could find and it just makes me feel kind of sad.  I have spent the majority of the last nearing 3 years in dedication to talking about, reading, listening to, watching every and anything Michael Jackson.  What will there be to unveil by this year’s end unless he comes back to us?  I shudder to even imagine.  Life without Michael would be equivocal to lyrics without music.  It just won’t be the same.  :cry:  I will waste away and die.

Sunday 15 January 2012
Telegraph.co.uk

HOME
NEWS
SPORT
FINANCE
COMMENT
BLOGS
CULTURE
TRAVEL
LIFESTYLE
FASHION
TECH
Dating Offers Jobs
Film
Music
Art
Books
TV and Radio
Theatre
Hay Festival
Dance
Opera
Photography
Comedy
Pictures
Video
Music Reviews
Music Interviews
Music News
Music festivals
Classical Music
World, Folk and Jazz
Music Tickets
HOME»CULTURE»MUSIC»MUSIC NEWS
Michael Jackson's show tunes of Robert Burns poems to be head for first time
A collection of Michael Jackson songs based on the works of Robert Burns is to be heard by the public for the first time, according to one of the late pop superstar’s closest friends.

Mr Gest claimed that Mr Jackson's smash-hit Thriller was inspired by the supernatural elements of Burns's Tam O'Shanter Photo: REX
By Simon Johnson, Scottish Political Editor9:14PM GMT 15 Jan 2012Comment
David Gest, a music producer who collaborated with Mr Jackson on the project, said he has offered the album to the Robert Burns Birthplace Museum in Ayrshire during a recent visit to Scotland.
He said the self-styled King of Pop was a huge Burns fan and was delighted to make the recordings, which see the works of Scotland’s Bard transformed into show tunes.
Their existence was revealed the year before his death in June 2009 but they have never been released.
Mr Gest, the former husband of actress Liza Minnelli, even claimed that Mr Jackson’s smash-hit Thriller was inspired by the supernatural elements of Burns’s Tam O’Shanter.
In an interview with BBC Alba, the Gaelic TV channel, Mr Gest said: “Both being fanatics, I said to Michael, let's do a play Burns's life and he said he would help me with the music.
“Michael believed in the project so much. He said: 'I'll give you the studio (in Los Angeles) and I'll pay for all the music’.
“We went to his recording studio at the family house in Encino, where all the Jacksons grew up and we took about eight or 10 of Burns's poems and we put them to contemporary music, things like A Red Red Rose and Ae Fond Kiss and the story of Tam O'Shanter.”
The songs were originally intended to be part of a musical, directed by Gene Kelly and produced by actor Anthony Perkins. The death of both men meant it was never staged.
Mr Gest, a former contestant on the reality show I’m a Celebrity Get Me Out of Here released a film on Jackson's life last year. In 1996, he staged a show called Red Red Rose, which was based on Burns's life and starred the actor John Barrowman.
A spokesman for the National Trust for Scotland, which runs the Ayrshire museum, said, confirmed Mr Gest was a recent visitor.
“We understand there was some discussion about the donation of some musical materials. If it goes ahead it will be an exciting addition,” he said.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Don't stop this child, He's the father of man
Don't cross his way, He's part of the plan
I am that child, but so are you
You've just forgotten, Just lost the clue.”

MJ "Magical Child"
Still Rocking my World…
   and leaving me Speechless!

“True goodbyes are the ones never said

loyalfan

Re: Having an Off Day and it feels empty
January 15, 2012, 04:10:54 PM
i totally am with you on this,i feel the same,no more stuff to pull apart and debunk,no interesting hoax vids anywhere,......but i am sure michael is alive.....and honestly its not about him "bam"....to me anyways....its all about..knowing that he is well and safe...if i knew that for sure,i would be so happy,and the rest of his life he could do anything he chooses...xxxx
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tink

January 15, 2012, 04:26:48 PM
@hesouttamylife: You need to live life for yourself! You can't bank on someone you never met, it contributes to depression. Get outside, spread the message of LOVE, even in small ways. Isn't that what it's all about, anyway? Not waiting by the computer for a miracle?  bearhug

I don't always know how to be gentle, but we all can make ourselves worked up and depressed. Life is for living, doing fun things, helping others.

Isn't that what Michael would want you to do?   bearhug
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Black & Proud! I'm like the Oracle/Batgirl, who helps Batman in the comic books. I believe in "Comic Book justice."

suspicious mind

January 15, 2012, 04:32:14 PM
you know this reminds me of something. the ricky nelson thing.
there was a big tado about how that plane caught fire or exploding or whatever do to some kind of drug thing.

a long while after that a seventh heaven episode was done on some subject , probably gossip or something and the main character brought this issue up how after all of the sensationalism of the event was over and the truth was determined , and was not what was first reported that it was buried in the back of the newspaper.

so i guess we need to look in the back harder and do what we can to get it out there .
and tink makes a wonderful point also we have to be doers and not just sit here waiting , same as with christ (for his believers)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be shrewd as serpents and as innocent as doves."  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Why not just tell people I'm an alien from Mars? Tell them I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight. They'll believe anything you say, because you're a reporter. But if I, Michael Jackson, were to say, "I'm an alien from Mars and I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight," people would say, "Oh, man, that Michael Jackson is nuts. He's cracked up. You can't believe a single word that comes out of his mouth."

January 15, 2012, 04:44:36 PM
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Do you sometimes think back to the days when we were inundated with news about Michael.  Albeit mostly negative, there were still lots and lots of stories or talk about him all over the internet, news media, etc.  I remember how we fought tooth and nail to have that negativity erased.   :?  Well, I guess we got what we set out to accomplish.  And today it hit me kinda hard when I searched his name and there was virtually nothing.  This was all that I could find and it just makes me feel kind of sad.  I have spent the majority of the last nearing 3 years in dedication to talking about, reading, listening to, watching every and anything Michael Jackson.  What will there be to unveil by this year’s end unless he comes back to us?  I shudder to even imagine.  Life without Michael would be equivocal to lyrics without music.  It just won’t be the same.  :cry:  I will waste away and die.

Sunday 15 January 2012
Telegraph.co.uk

HOME
NEWS
SPORT
FINANCE
COMMENT
BLOGS
CULTURE
TRAVEL
LIFESTYLE
FASHION
TECH
Dating Offers Jobs
Film
Music
Art
Books
TV and Radio
Theatre
Hay Festival
Dance
Opera
Photography
Comedy
Pictures
Video
Music Reviews
Music Interviews
Music News
Music festivals
Classical Music
World, Folk and Jazz
Music Tickets
HOME»CULTURE»MUSIC»MUSIC NEWS
Michael Jackson's show tunes of Robert Burns poems to be head for first time
A collection of Michael Jackson songs based on the works of Robert Burns is to be heard by the public for the first time, according to one of the late pop superstar’s closest friends.

Mr Gest claimed that Mr Jackson's smash-hit Thriller was inspired by the supernatural elements of Burns's Tam O'Shanter Photo: REX
By Simon Johnson, Scottish Political Editor9:14PM GMT 15 Jan 2012Comment
David Gest, a music producer who collaborated with Mr Jackson on the project, said he has offered the album to the Robert Burns Birthplace Museum in Ayrshire during a recent visit to Scotland.
He said the self-styled King of Pop was a huge Burns fan and was delighted to make the recordings, which see the works of Scotland’s Bard transformed into show tunes.
Their existence was revealed the year before his death in June 2009 but they have never been released.
Mr Gest, the former husband of actress Liza Minnelli, even claimed that Mr Jackson’s smash-hit Thriller was inspired by the supernatural elements of Burns’s Tam O’Shanter.
In an interview with BBC Alba, the Gaelic TV channel, Mr Gest said: “Both being fanatics, I said to Michael, let's do a play Burns's life and he said he would help me with the music.
“Michael believed in the project so much. He said: 'I'll give you the studio (in Los Angeles) and I'll pay for all the music’.
“We went to his recording studio at the family house in Encino, where all the Jacksons grew up and we took about eight or 10 of Burns's poems and we put them to contemporary music, things like A Red Red Rose and Ae Fond Kiss and the story of Tam O'Shanter.”
The songs were originally intended to be part of a musical, directed by Gene Kelly and produced by actor Anthony Perkins. The death of both men meant it was never staged.
Mr Gest, a former contestant on the reality show I’m a Celebrity Get Me Out of Here released a film on Jackson's life last year. In 1996, he staged a show called Red Red Rose, which was based on Burns's life and starred the actor John Barrowman.
A spokesman for the National Trust for Scotland, which runs the Ayrshire museum, said, confirmed Mr Gest was a recent visitor.
“We understand there was some discussion about the donation of some musical materials. If it goes ahead it will be an exciting addition,” he said.

CHEER UP Hesout ,life is fun  bearhug  penguin/  !!!!!!!
Intresting news,thank's   :) !!!! So we have Thriller again ,"mixed" with SUPERnatural now  /cook/  smiley_spider .

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

MaryK

• Registered users
  • Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • The world is just illusion, trying to change you
January 15, 2012, 05:02:42 PM
I feel your pain.....but let me tell you something that has been on my mind for a while now.
Michael is a human being with God-given talents and with the light of God shining from within him.
Of course he was a talented singer and dancer and highly trained professional entertainer. That was his craft.
Still he tried to convey a message in all that he did. It was all about love, kindness, awareness, empathy, healing the world and oneself...
And he did not only sing or talk about all that...NO...he lived it!
I think that we all agree that MANY of his fans and of course the media failed to hear, see or even notice the HUGE message behind all that.
We (yes all of us) made him an icon. But did anyone really care about his message?
Not to mention defamation, hate, lies, betrayal all around him. In the media and I am sure as well in his private life.
He was constantly giving and giving and working so hard....and still....he only remained either the icon or the freak.

I believe that he learned very early in his life that he would forever play a role. And he played along very well for so many years....
And his role was the King of Pop.

I think that at one point in his life he must have been thinking: so what now ...what can I do to make them listen to Michael Jackson the MAN not the icon or the freak?
Don´t you think it is frustrating and causes so much pain not to be seen as the PERSON, the HUMAN BEING that you are? Not being heard, not being recognized for what you ARE but for the role that you play.....

So what I believe is that he had to let the King of Pop die, retreat KOP from the world´s stage, in order to make people take a closer look at his message. He did not leave, he only took one step aside to enable us to see the MAN behind KOP.
Like this he is creating a new stage for Michael Jackson the MAN, the PERSON. He´s creating new viewpoints, new perspectives, new insights, new perceptions. A totally new fundament. A fundament built on understanding, respect and love.

I know that even today there is tabloid trash going on and still many people believe that...but I really feel that a huge amount of people have been taking a closer look and changed their perspective and opinion. I also believe that this change of mind is still in progress all over the world.

So for that I really stand in awe, and I feel enormous respect and gratefulness. Not only for the absolut genius that can be seen in the carrying out of this hoax but mainly for the gift we receive through this.
For what greater gift could one man give than his TRUE self...and what greater sacrifice could one man make....
May God continue to protect him and bless him...always.....

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You and I were never separate

It's just an illusion

Wrought by the magical lens of Perception

January 15, 2012, 05:34:38 PM
I am trying as best I can to restructure my life and get on with other things.  But for 2 years 6 months and 20 days, this has been virtually my whole existence.  I’d go to work, come home and here is where my heart was, on this computer, searching, investigating, posting, laughing, crying.  It is hard to let it go and get on with it.  Easier said than done.  I have committed myself to some extent to making the world a better place in the lives of the children and families I work with.  But it still leaves me feeling empty.  Sometimes I ask myself if it would be better to turn the computer off completely and leave all this behind me.  Perhaps you’re right and that’s the solution.  I don’t know.  It’s easier said than done.  And today I cannot get this weight off of me.  Maybe tomorrow.  Nite guys.

:-\
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Don't stop this child, He's the father of man
Don't cross his way, He's part of the plan
I am that child, but so are you
You've just forgotten, Just lost the clue.”

MJ "Magical Child"
Still Rocking my World…
   and leaving me Speechless!

“True goodbyes are the ones never said

sandythyme

January 15, 2012, 05:59:01 PM
Hi Everyone  bearhug  Hesout, I know how you feel.  Everything you have said, that's me also.  I feel stuck at thymes.  I know Michael is alive, as you I have devoted so much of me...(what I have of me as I take care of my husband, my elderly parents and a business) to Michael that I somethymes have to reaquaint myself with me.  In these last 2.5 years I have learned so much, Michael has made me a better person and he has given me strength I didn't know I had.  God has become very important to me because of him, I believe in myself now and I have opened my eye huge to the world all around me.  So when I find myself stuck, I draw on the strength and new found interests that Michael has shown me.   It helps me as I look at life differently now because of him, in honor of him it helps it really does.  Take Care
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

sandythyme

January 15, 2012, 06:11:56 PM
Hi MaryK I liked your post and I agree.  People always talk about how you work your whole life to retire then finally become what you truly want to be in life.  Somethymes I wonder if this is infact what Michael did.  I read an article a long thyme ago you can find it at You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login.  That was a keyboard full!  The famous conductor Leonard Bernstein had wanted to meet Michael, this is a beautiful article by David Pack.  Anyway, it talks about many things but how Michael was torn between music and the Christian Ministry.  Somethymes I wonder if part of this was so he could leave the King of Pop behind and follow his faith?  I know we will find out soon enough, but I won't be surprised if this is part of what's going on.  Anyway, that's my two cents worth.  Take care
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

MaryK

• Registered users
  • Hoaxer
  • View Profile
January 15, 2012, 06:18:09 PM
Somethymes I wonder if part of this was so he could leave the King of Pop behind and follow his faith?  I know we will find out soon enough, but I won't be surprised if this is part of what's going on.  Anyway, that's my two cents worth.  Take care
Glad you liked it  bearhug
And YES, totally agree. I would not be suprised either.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

It's just an illusion

sandythyme

January 15, 2012, 06:22:46 PM
 :)
Last Edit: January 15, 2012, 06:24:24 PM by sandythyme
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

January 15, 2012, 07:56:42 PM
Mary K ...I totally agree with you.   I think Michael is finished singing and will now move on to doing films.  He can then be his own boss.   Look at all the singers who still ::try:: to sing when they get older....I'm sure Michael thought of this and knew he couldn't sing/dance like that forever.  (I'm not saying this was his whole reason for the hoax, but I'm sure it was part of it)  I can't imagine that he won't somehow let his faithful fans (both beLIEvers and nons) know that he is okay....  I'm not expecting a giant comeback concert or anything...but maybe a movie.   /woohoo/
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

MaryK

• Registered users
  • Hoaxer
  • View Profile
January 16, 2012, 05:52:48 AM
Mary K ...I totally agree with you.   I think Michael is finished singing and will now move on to doing films.  He can then be his own boss.   Look at all the singers who still ::try:: to sing when they get older....I'm sure Michael thought of this and knew he couldn't sing/dance like that forever.  (I'm not saying this was his whole reason for the hoax, but I'm sure it was part of it)  I can't imagine that he won't somehow let his faithful fans (both beLIEvers and nons) know that he is okay....  I'm not expecting a giant comeback concert or anything...but maybe a movie.   /woohoo/
I´ll be perfectly satisfied and happy with just hearing him speak and seeing him alive, in good health and happy!
Even though KOP is a beautiful memory.....
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

It's just an illusion

Tink

February 05, 2012, 04:59:31 PM
You never leave it behind; it's part of you, even while acting or directing.

But I am 100% sure that Michael didn't ditch singing, to follow his faith - that's an old story, tied in with Thriller.
Sad to see it being reworked, and redone, and going around again.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Black & Proud! I'm like the Oracle/Batgirl, who helps Batman in the comic books. I believe in "Comic Book justice."

50th_State_Believer2

February 13, 2012, 10:55:57 PM
I feel I am at a park, alone. I'm sitting on a swing and gently swaying just a little bit, back and forth, with my eyes sometimes on the ground, sometimes ahead of me, glancing around through the trees and jogging path, wondering when and if the person I am expecting, will show up. That is how I feel regarding MJ. I don't mean expecting him back strictly in the physical sense, but in any sense - whether it is him working behind the scene and still coming back out into the world through his work...or actually coming back in front of the camera. My time at this ''park'' in my heart, has gotten quieter and quieter...sometimes I feel the one I expect to show up...will never show up...because I got it wrong...I misunderstood what he meant by reading the signs...I interpreted it the way I WANTED to, because of what I NEEDED to see.  Sometimes I feel as though I know better than thinking Katherine putting on a show. I am a mother, like she is. There is no way in the world I could fake my tears and sorrow regarding the loss of my own child. As a mother, the emotions I have seen on Katherine's face - is true. Truer than anything else. To think anything else would be in my pov, a mockery of her love for Michael.  And yet, I listen to his music at moments when I want to reflect. I live my life fulfilled with my own family, my boys give me the greatest joy, and they are my priority. But at moments when I find the time to give thought to things and people I care about, I listen to Michael's music...and lately, I have begun to feel like I am walking alone on a path. My search for the possibility that he really is alive - all the signs and all the supporting pieces of evidence...feels like a bag of tricks that no longer work. It's like having all the ingredients to cook something up, all ready to throw together - but if you don't have fire - you just can't cook it. The most important element is missing. And no matter what you have as the ingredients, that is all it will ever be - pieces of ingredients all on their own, but they will never amount to anything like that fabulous recipe says it will - unless you have the fire to make it come together.  Individually, all you have is ingredients that have nothing but it's own element. It is not the final product.

It used to feel like I could sense Michael's presence when I listened to his music...now - it has begun to feel fainter and fainter, almost like I recognize the voice, I recognize the soul, but it is missing something...missing big time...
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions