Ruper Murdock slams Obama on Twitter re: piracy
January 15, 2012, 03:32:03 PM
I thought he was through ranting since he lost his baby, the tabloids trash.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Murdoch slams White House over SOPA in Twitter row

@rupertmurdoch verified twitter account

Accuses Google of buying political favor
By Iain Thomson in San Francisco • Get more from this author

Posted in Music and Media, 15th January 2012 18:41 GMT
Free whitepaper – ASCI uses 10 GbE grid computing and hi-def media streaming
Rupert Murdoch has posted a series of rants on Twitter, accusing the White House of bowing to lobbying pressure over its lack of support for the Stop Online Piracy Act (SOPA).

“So Obama has thrown in his lot with Silicon Valley paymasters who threaten all software creators with piracy, plain thievery,” he posted on his recently-started Twitter account. “Piracy leader is Google who streams movies free, sells advts around them. No wonder pouring millions into lobbying.”

Murdoch, who is currently under investigation in the UK over phone hacking by his newspapers, is a longtime critic of what he sees as Google's role in enabling piracy. However, for a man made infamous by the extent to which politicians would go to woo him for the support of his media empire, this complaining about corporate influence in politics may strike some as a bit rich.

Rupert's riled over someone else having a say
The octogenarian mogul seems to have been inspired to rant after the White House issued a response to an online petition over the forthcoming SOPA legislation, the PROTECT IP Act and the Online Protection and Digital ENforcement Act (OPEN). The statement said that the White House couldn’t support the current legislation as it would interfere with the use of the DNS architecture which underlies most current internet use.

“While we believe that online piracy by foreign websites is a serious problem that requires a serious legislative response, we will not support legislation that reduces freedom of expression, increases cybersecurity risk, or undermines the dynamic, innovative global internet,” the statement reads.

The White House position was released shortly after one of SOPA’s sponsors, House Judiciary Committee Chairman Lamar Smith, announced the scale of the legislation will be scaled back and provisions for DNS blocking would be removed from the legislation.

“After consultation with industry groups across the country, I feel we should remove Domain Name System blocking from the Stop Online Piracy Act so that the Committee can further examine the issues surrounding this provision. We will continue to look for ways to ensure that foreign websites cannot sell and distribute illegal content to U.S. consumers,” he said in a statement.

The weekend’s changes seem to indicate that the tide is turning against this latest round of technology legislation. After a deafening silence on behalf of the media over the legislation, a chorus of political and academic concerns has been raised and protests will move online next week. Reddit has announced it will go dark on Wednesday in protest, and Wikipedia might follow suit.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Don't stop this child, He's the father of man
Don't cross his way, He's part of the plan
I am that child, but so are you
You've just forgotten, Just lost the clue.”

MJ "Magical Child"
Still Rocking my World…
   and leaving me Speechless!

“True goodbyes are the ones never said

aww poor poor Murdoch, accusing Google!   :roll:
Pot and kettle having little family argument.

No way this pot can make himself look any better by "exposing" obvious things! Too late, Mr.Pot!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tink

I love hearing Murdock squeal like a little baby - after what he intentionally did to Michael.
Hasta la vista, baby Murdock! Funny when the shoes on ze other foot, aye?  rr/
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Black & Proud! I'm like the Oracle/Batgirl, who helps Batman in the comic books. I believe in "Comic Book justice."

The Internet doesn't give Murdoch the control anymore. Hmmm....
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I'm proud to be a child of God and a member of MJ's Army of L.O.V.E.

"Press coverage of my life is like [watching] a fictitious movie...like watching science fiction. It's not true." ~Michael Jackson (2005)

"You should not believe everything you read. You are missing the most important revelations". Craig Harvey 3-15-2012

MissG

well, well....
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
("Minkin güerveeeee")
Michael pls come back

"Why a four-year-old child could understand this hoax. Run out and find me a four-year-old child. I can't make head nor tail out of it"

Tink

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
The Internet doesn't give Murdoch the control anymore. Hmmm....

I say this to Murdoch -  /toldya/ NYAH!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Black & Proud! I'm like the Oracle/Batgirl, who helps Batman in the comic books. I believe in "Comic Book justice."

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal