mykidsmum

Quote from: "DooDoo"
there are a lot of videos where you can see him having a bandana or something under his fedora, for example in home videos. I think he wasn't wearing a wig there so he put a bandana on  ;)
besides that music video with chris tucker...do you have any footage of the bandana that you can find and post?  I would like to see.
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

mykidsmum

He surely did after the Pepsi accident in 1984: he burnt his scalp badly, 3rd degree burns, which means no hair growing in burnt areas . So he had to. My sweetie .
not only that but Lupus, which he had, causes a form of alopecia.  It causes severe thining and balding.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Quote from: "mykidsmum"
He surely did after the Pepsi accident in 1984: he burnt his scalp badly, 3rd degree burns, which means no hair growing in burnt areas . So he had to. My sweetie .
not only that but Lupus, which he had, causes a form of alopecia.  It causes severe thining and balding.

My poor baby.   :cry:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

mykidsmum

Quote from: "the_gloved_one"
From my experience
Hi all, I have thought this ever since I read the autopsy report (even if it's fake we all knew MJ wore a lace front wig and his dermatologist said so as well. You can also see it for yourself on some close up pictures on mjjpictures.com as well as the tattoo on his hair line as well,) my thought was why was he wearing it to go to sleep? Why was he wearing it in the ambulance? I understand high end wigs fit tight to the head as a mold of the wearer and measurements are taken, but I can't immagine trying to sleep in one no matter how lite it is.

Lace front wigs take a lot of skill to apply they can be worn for long periods of time - you can even swim while wearing one. I experimented with a lace front wig about a year ago. The hair dresser glued the wig to my head (around the hairline) then used makeup to cover the lace around the hairline so it would blend with my skin tone. These wigs look fab when applied and maintained properly. To remove the wig a special solvent has to be used to disolve the glue. These wigs are designed for extended wear so im not suprised if Michael slept with his on.
wow!  Thanks for that...I always wondered about that!  Can you shower with them and wash them like normal without hurthing them?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Mariso83

Quote from: "the arabian nights"
I don't think from the larger photos of MJ that he is is wearing a wig it looks like his normal curls. I think i saw the wider shots on you tube.

So the photo at the ambulance is a total fake.
MJ wore a lace front wig as his dermatologist and pictures suggest (you can see the lace front on many close up pics on mjjpictures.com) because he had a form of alopecia caused by Lupus (an autoimmune disease) which caused his hair to thin and bald in places as well as two bald patches from the burn he acquired doing Pepsi commercial in the 80's...His doctor said they tried to remove the scar tissue a few times by stretching the skin with medical skin stretchers (saline filled baloons) and each time the scar was cut out and repaired, his immune system would flare and the bald patch would spread.  It kept getting bigger despite trying to fix it.  I'm sorry to say but even the beautiful curls as well as his straight styles are all lace front wigs.  If you watch the making of Ghost and you see the part where they are putting the mask on MJ, there are a few shots of the back of his neck where he has a teeny tiny very thin pony tail at the back of his neck maybe about 1/2 inch long.  That is his real hair.  Very different from the full long head of curls where he is not in makeup in the movie.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login take a look at section 4:25 exactly and you can see his itsy bitsy pony tail.

I saw the part you are talking about but... it's not  lil pony tail, it'a not his hair. It's the mask the make-up artist is putting on his head before he glued it to the head. I watched it a few times.

I'm sure his hair in TII are not a wig. It's his real hair.

I think he started wearing wigs only since around the Invicible era. I saw a pic of him during the HIStory era where he is kissing a lil girl on her forehead while she is on a bed and we can see where he had burning spots on his head. It's not that bad.

By the way, you don't loose hair with the lupus. What makes you loose hair, it's the medication. Even the medication doesn't make you bald. Maybe he has lost his baby hair but I don't think it makes him bald. We should not forget that he is 51...
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I guess I have a lot more to learn about wigs, that is for certain. I never suspected MJ wore a wig. If anything, I surmised at most he sported a weave where he suffered the Pepsi burn but nothing more than that. To me his hairline looks natural. I have witnessed a few coworkers and friends who have chosen to wear wigs when they lost their hair to chemotherapy treatments for cancer and the wig always appeared too perfect (no bad hair day there)! It was just too apparent-even to a naive, untrained eye such as myself!  I just don't see that in MJ and I have studied the front hairline where it is most noticeable to detect a wig. At any rate, I could be very wrong but it just doesn't sit well in my mind.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Michael Supporter
Be the change you wish to see in the world.
~Mahatma Gandhi

Just because you have Lupus,it does not necessarily mean that YOU will experience EVERY SINGLE SYMPTOM listed so its possible that he didnt experience the alopecia.
i am kind of theorizing here.it probably varies from person to person.he has the discoid type right?and i also think it would be quite odd for only mj to be balding from old age because from the looks of it his older siblings and even his parents have full heads of hair so genetic balding is kind of out.
I really doubt that he wore one in the 90s but the 2000s wouldn't surprise me.
according to jrt the burn bald spot was like the size of a quarter or something.I think you can see it in that one FBI license photo.i am having trouble finding it right now. :|

Anyways i honestly think that sometimes he  wore wigs and others his real hair,maybe even extensions at certain times of his life.He can get his real hair relaxed and straightened.Simple as that and it doesnt necessarily have to happen everyday.The guy has a team for this kind of stuff.idk yes many times its obvious(really, really) he is wearing a lace front wig.i was shocked read john travolta wears
one.
Last Edit: January 05, 2010, 09:34:21 PM by Mercurial
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
DEBACLE

mykidsmum

sorry MJ, MJ's Dr said himself that MJ was balding from Lupus.  Here is what is said about hair loss with Lupus.
According to Daniel J Wallace, M.D. in The Lupus Book, "there are many reasons why lupus may lead to hair loss. First of all, active disease is associated with the plugging of hair follicles, which results in clumps of hair simply falling out after being combed or washed (called "lupus hair"). Patients with discoid lupus can experience mild, generalized hair loss, bald spots (alopecia areata), or even total baldness -— in the temples and on top of the head. Also, infections, chemotherapy, emotional stress, and hormonal imbalances are associated with hair loss. All told, about 30 percent of patients with SLE and DLE report significant hair loss."

His Dr. also stated that the scars continued to cause the bald patches from trying to cut the scar tissue out, it would aggravating the lupus condition causing MORE hair loss.  Around Dangerous era you can see that MJ has his natural hairline with extensions and or a weave in the back... as for making of ghost... Take a look at his scull cap (the rubber used to cover his hair), there are NO BUMPS AND LUMPS OF HAIR.  now take a look at the scull cap in THRILLER.  You can see waves and bumps and dents of hair... In the martin bashir documentary you can see that MJ kept his hair shaved under his wig because you can see the front part of his shaved hairline...This is probably the reason why you cant see lumps and bumps in Ghost.
Here are some pics
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Logintake a look at the lace front hairline, he has some hairs caught in the glue as well.
[youtube:1mdjx2k2]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJhi8LkFm7Y&feature=related[/youtube:1mdjx2k2]
Look at section 3:55 to see the lumps and bumps of hair (his own hair)
[youtube:1mdjx2k2]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52cmyCbq2Hk[/youtube:1mdjx2k2]
Here he is with no ripples of hair under the bald cap because he's not wearing the wig. look at section 6:01
here is a picture of the front of MJ's actual shaved hairline sticking out from the wig.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

mykidsmum

here is another good picture of MJ wearing a lace front wig...if you use your pointer and click on the photo it will magnify it and you can see the 1/4 inch of mesh around the hairline...this is the "lace" of the lace front wig...the hairs are attached to this to give the wig a natural looking hairline...
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

mykidsmum

here is another one where you can see his sideburns are even on the lace front wig material... and beyonce wearing one too...every one wears them!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

DooDoo

here you can see him with Paris and Prince wearing a bandana  ;)

[youtube:3040lhgb]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Di7AHGGqfsM[/youtube:3040lhgb]
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

you are my life

speechless, that\'s how you make me feel

I want a hippopotamus for Christmas

mykidsmum

here you can see him with Paris and Prince wearing a bandana  ;)

[youtube:1swlaamf]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Di7AHGGqfsM[/youtube:1swlaamf]
That was cute, but even funnier...they are ribbons...they are two ribbons holding two pigtails...maybe he was doing it to humor Paris?   :lol:  Even funnier is Prince punching his Daddy in the bottom and Paris going after him to do the same at the end...LOL!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kirsche

Whats with his nose? Or was it just the pixel quality?

But he looks veeery cool with that bandana on
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
[
OKAY, EVERBODY! THAT\'S A WRAP!

DooDoo

I think it's just the video quality, and yes he is COOL !!!!! :D
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

you are my life

speechless, that\'s how you make me feel

I want a hippopotamus for Christmas

mykidsmum

Quote from: "Kirsche"
Whats with his nose? Or was it just the pixel quality?

But he looks veeery cool with that bandana on
there is another video of Christmas on youtube where he has the same nose...there is a close up shot and it is a beige colored splint that he is wearing...it looks kinda like a splint someone would wear if they broke their nose.  It Kind of extends past the tip making his nose look longer.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions