Cirque observations Sacramento
January 11, 2012, 01:54:18 AM
Just came back from Immortal show in Sacramento. Fantastic show and wanted to share a few observations:

Smooth Criminal had lots of clues including things about the media on the back projection screen in newspaper headlines;the whole production used things that
Michael seemed to be working on in the DOME project; the band/singers/dancers were from TII; the plural "pains" was used etc etc etc. GREAT PRODUCTION!

I know people were talking about the giving tree and the changing form of the tree in CIRQUE.  Well, in tonights performance it was a nuclear reactor--not a tree..........
 OMG!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Re: Cirque observations Sacramento
January 11, 2012, 04:22:44 AM
Nuclear reactor? O_o
Could you please elaborate on that one?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Please, click "I Like It" on my Facebook page if you like my drawings :) You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login<br>

January 11, 2012, 05:33:01 AM
i guess that the dancers contract extended longer then the 2 years we  thought?..
thank you  for sharing!!..on the immortal delux album i noticed the painS too!!
huggs n love n faith to all bearhug
suzz
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

January 11, 2012, 07:11:02 AM
Maybe the ontract was 2 years was for This is it and for the hoax but it was then transformed into "Immortal tour" but it's still the same contract?
:)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Please, click "I Like It" on my Facebook page if you like my drawings :) You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login<br>

January 11, 2012, 04:09:16 PM
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Just came back from Immortal show in Sacramento. Fantastic show and wanted to share a few observations:

Smooth Criminal had lots of clues including things about the media on the back projection screen in newspaper headlines;the whole production used things that
Michael seemed to be working on in the DOME project; the band/singers/dancers were from TII; the plural "pains" was used etc etc etc. GREAT PRODUCTION!

I know people were talking about the giving tree and the changing form of the tree in CIRQUE.  Well, in tonights performance it was a nuclear reactor--not a tree..........
 OMG!

Hy Loveunited and welcome  :) bearhug !!!!
Thank you very much for this information ,very intresting,cause I talked before about that TREE form Immortal tour.Wow so now there is no TREE  :shock: ,just a nuclear reactor. I wonder why  :idea:  :?  ????
Here is a part from an article about Immortal tour from 5 november 2011,that "talks" about the GIVING TREE:

"The problem was compounded on Friday night by the unexplained absence of the giant Giving Tree, the on-stage centrepiece which director Jamie King, interviewed in the Straight last week, called IMMORTAL’s “energy source”  :? . (Confusingly, what’s left of the tree, which served as both a sturdy oak and a sprawling, tentacular alien life form when the show made its debut in Montreal, now resembles a scale model of a nuclear reactor’s cooling tower.) "

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

anewfan

January 11, 2012, 04:49:40 PM

OMG!

Hy Loveunited and welcome  :) bearhug !!!!
Thank you very much for this information ,very intresting,cause I talked before about that TREE form Immortal tour.Wow so now there is no TREE  :shock: ,just a nuclear reactor. I wonder why  :idea:  :?  ????
Here is a part from an article about Immortal tour from 5 november 2011,that "talks" about the GIVING TREE:

"The problem was compounded on Friday night by the unexplained absence of the giant Giving Tree, the on-stage centrepiece which director Jamie King, interviewed in the Straight last week, called IMMORTAL’s “energy source”  :? . (Confusingly, what’s left of the tree, which served as both a sturdy oak and a sprawling, tentacular alien life form when the show made its debut in Montreal, now resembles a scale model of a nuclear reactor’s cooling tower.) "

Hi guys! I went to the show in Las Vegas, and I remember thinking it looked like a can. It's like only the trunk of the tree was there. There were no branches or anything. I don't know if they wanted it to look like a nuclear reactor or if the tree display was too big and they could only have the trunk (which then ended up looking like a can or nuclear reactor)? I found this very weird, though. Especially since the tree was supposed to be the centerpiece of the whole show. 

I wonder if anyone was at a show where the entire tree was present? Anyone?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Your true character is how you act when no one is looking.

Tink

January 11, 2012, 05:02:59 PM

The top of tree moves up and down as needed, as you can see in the above video. I would think that if there's not enough clearance for it, they wouldn't use the top, so there you go.

Just like with Pink Floyd, most places weren't large enough to inflate the pig.

Always depends on space, and sometimes computerized wenches and things just don't work correctly - you also need to remember that.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Black & Proud! I'm like the Oracle/Batgirl, who helps Batman in the comic books. I believe in "Comic Book justice."

anewfan

January 11, 2012, 05:37:14 PM
Hi Tink! Which video shows it moving? Is it in the trailer video? Thanks for posting the link.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tink

January 11, 2012, 05:54:40 PM
It's down, then up, then down, in the trailer. so you can see the back screen, from what I see.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Black & Proud! I'm like the Oracle/Batgirl, who helps Batman in the comic books. I believe in "Comic Book justice."

anewfan

January 11, 2012, 06:25:26 PM
It's down, then up, then down, in the trailer. so you can see the back screen, from what I see.

Thanks for the info! I figured the reason was because it was too big for the stage in Vegas. I'm glad they didn't cover up the screen...I enjoyed watching that during the show.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

January 16, 2012, 07:16:00 PM
Hi,
Well, in Sacramento the event was housed in an ARENA and clearance was plenty.  I think its appearance has to do with a message rather than the technical production aspects of the show!  Thank you, Applegate,  for the posting re tree/reactor cooling tower being energy source for Cirque. Seems that the producers are saying something.  I saw a quote today on the CIRQUE IMMORTAL site that Michael worked with them on CIRQUE. (Timing of that???). The reactor is so much a part of "They Don't Care About US", it is definately a message.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tink

January 16, 2012, 09:12:29 PM
Hi,
Well, in Sacramento the event was housed in an ARENA and clearance was plenty.  I think its appearance has to do with a message rather than the technical production aspects of the show!  Thank you, Applegate,  for the posting re tree/reactor cooling tower being energy source for Cirque. Seems that the producers are saying something.  I saw a quote today on the CIRQUE IMMORTAL site that Michael worked with them on CIRQUE. (Timing of that???). The reactor is so much a part of "They Don't Care About US", it is definately a message.

That's peculiar in itself, since Cirque de Soliel flat out REFUSED to work with Michael, after all the allegations!
Rebuilding his reputation has been a long, hard road caused by immoral people.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

April 30, 2012, 02:54:52 PM

OMG!

The show was great down here in Los Angeles, however I must correct something you stated that is partially wrong. The band is not from TII...I know because my brother is Jon M. Clark who plays rhythm guitar for the Cirque show and has played rhythm guitar for MJ since the bad tour. The only person from TII band is Jonathan Moffett, who actually has been with Michael Jackson since the Victory tour. The bass player is Don Boyette, and of course the new lead guitarist is not Orianthi, but Desiree. The background singers all have been with MJ before except, for Jory Steinberg who is actually the MD (musical director) Greg Phillenganes girlfriend (which is why she even got the job). As I stated before the Music Director is Greg Phillenganes...who also has been with MJ for decades. I personally know every one of these musicians, even Taku Hirano and the cellist Tina Guo.

If I misunderstood your post, please accept my apology, but there's no way in hell that Cirque or Greg Phillenganes, would have EVER used any of the new musicians from TII, except Johnathan Moffett, who like I said before has been everywhere with MJ since the early 1980's.

Peace
:icon_mrgreen:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

PureLove

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • To die would be an awfully big adventure.
April 30, 2012, 07:11:18 PM

OMG!

The show was great down here in Los Angeles, however I must correct something you stated that is partially wrong. The band is not from TII...I know because my brother is Jon M. Clark who plays rhythm guitar for the Cirque show and has played rhythm guitar for MJ since the bad tour. The only person from TII band is Jonathan Moffett, who actually has been with Michael Jackson since the Victory tour. The bass player is Don Boyette, and of course the new lead guitarist is not Orianthi, but Desiree. The background singers all have been with MJ before except, for Jory Steinberg who is actually the MD (musical director) Greg Phillenganes girlfriend (which is why she even got the job). As I stated before the Music Director is Greg Phillenganes...who also has been with MJ for decades. I personally know every one of these musicians, even Taku Hirano and the cellist Tina Guo.

If I misunderstood your post, please accept my apology, but there's no way in hell that Cirque or Greg Phillenganes, would have EVER used any of the new musicians from TII, except Johnathan Moffett, who like I said before has been everywhere with MJ since the early 1980's.

Peace
:icon_mrgreen:

Thank you for sharing this info with us. May I ask if your brother knows something about the hoax? Did he hear anything that MJ was going to fake his death?  :icon_e_smile:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions