MJonmindTopic starter

If this has been posted already, my apologies.

My workmate whose mother leads a organization speaking for missing aboriginal women, told me he had seen a screening of it.
Now my son says its being shown at the University.
He says it's a Christian based docu.  I looked it up and it shows it is Christians wanting to show their support for Israel and Zionists, ushering in end times.
I have not seen it, but it does look very humanitarian, caring for the helpless children and women who are mostly affected.

I have my suspicions even though it has a very good premise, righting wrongs.  They want Israel to lead the world morally, yet they give statistics showing the huge tendency in Israel to visit prostitutes.

Just the fact that it was screened at the UN headquarters tells me there are possible agendas at the very top.
Where are the non-whites in the creation of this endeavor? :shock: suspicious//

This is the trailer:

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

We just finished a significant screening of Nefarious at the United Nations Headquarters in New York:  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Nefarious I: Merchant of Souls
Synopsis

“Modern slavery.” It sounds like a paradox. Hasn’t humanity progressed? Didn’t we leave slavery dead on the battlefields of the American Civil War? Didn’t social reformers like Lincoln and Wilberforce legislate against such cruelty over a hundred years ago? So we had thought. But, with over 27 million enslaved people in the world, human trafficking is once again the battlefront of the century.

Regardless of nationality, victims are systematically stripped of their identity, battered into gruesome submission, and made to perform humiliating sexual acts on up to 40 strangers every night. Most are held in dingy apartments and brothels, forced to take heavy doses of illegal drugs, and monitored very closely. Victims are often thrown into such ghastly oppression at 13 years old. Some are abducted outright, while others are lured out of poverty, romantically seduced, or sold by their families.

Nefarious, Merchant of Souls, is a hard-hitting documentary that exposes the disturbing trends in modern sex slavery. From the very first scene, Nefarious ushers you into the nightmare of sex slavery that hundreds of thousands experience daily. You’ll see where slaves are sold (often in developed, affluent countries), where they work, and where they are confined. You’ll hear first-hand interviews with real victims and traffickers, along with expert analysis from international humanitarian leaders.  From initial recruitment to victim liberation—and everything in between—the previously veiled underworld of sex slavery is uncovered in the groundbreaking, tell-all Nefarious, Merchant of Souls.

Become an Abolitionist. Become a Fanatic.If the message of the Nefarious documentary has troubled your mind about the horrors of modern-day slavery and stirred your heart to action, there is something you can do. Join Exodus Cry’s campaign to become–in the footsteps of William Wilberforce–an incurable fanatic.

The Law from Zion
WRITTEN BY CHRISTIAN GONZALEZ AND SARAH JONES
|

You are not allowed to view links. Register or LoginFor the law will go forth from Zion and the word of the Lord from Jerusalem. -Isaiah 2:3 Israel needs your help to see righteous legislation go forth from Zion.  Israel has been entrusted with a mandate to bless the nations and there is an opportunity in the coming weeks for the passage of an important anti-prostitution bill in the Knesset translated as “The Prohibition of the Purchase of Sexual Services”. This bill criminalizes the client and can set a precedent for purity, creating a ripple effect in the nations of the earth. There is a strong correlation between prostitution and trafficking. The passage of this bill would be a significant blow to the lucrative trafficking industry in Israel which generates an estimated one billion dollars annually. It would hinder both the cover and ease which enable the oppression of women to operate freely.

Prostitution is currently legal in Israel. It is estimated that there are one million visits to 10,000 prostituted women in Israel every month. This is in a country with a population of only seven million.Many of these clients “visit” more than once a month.

Do not profane your daughter by making her a prostitute; lest the land fall into prostitution and the land become full of wickedness.-Leviticus 19:29
The Israeli government stands on the threshold of a historic opportunity, an opportunity to close the door to wickedness and bring a blessing to the nation of Israel. Your involvement is crucial.  On February 12th, the bill will be presented to the Israeli Ministerial Committee, known as the Knesset Committee.  The decisions and recommendations of this committee have profound influence on the vote of the full Knesset.   Israel’s democracy is extraordinarily responsive to their citizens and the concerns of the global community; your voice is crucial.  Your impact will be most effective by joining us in the following three initiatives.

Pray: Cover the ministers and 119 Knesset members in prayer, that they may defend the cause of victims who are being exploited and oppressed. We are asking you to mobilize prayer for this issue as it is the only foundation for justice to be established upon.
Social Network: spread the word. Raise awareness concerning Israel’s opportunity to address and effectively combat trafficking through the passage of this bill. Please tweet, Facebook or repost this blog and the link below.
Write: Israel takes human rights issues very seriously; therefore it is essential for public support to be raised on behalf of this issue.  For this purpose a petition has been drafted to be sent to the Knesset Committee. Your voice can play a significant role in the debate and vote of the Committee on February 12th.

Last Edit: March 05, 2012, 06:11:57 PM by MJonmind
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions