Sarahli

Re: TIAI December 21
December 21, 2011, 07:49:59 AM
 bounce/ can't wait for more about the Ark! Maybe that's what we'll discuss after level 7 is finished?  :geek:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
We are here for you Michael and will always love you whatever happens.
'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.'
"You shall not accept any information, unless you verify it for yourself. I have given you the hearing, the eyesight, and the brain, and you are responsible for using them."

Grace

December 21, 2011, 08:10:23 AM
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Images of the Ark of the Covenant.

Images from the outside of what we think could be the real deal.
But is this the truth?

MICHAEL JACKSON - THE ARK OF THE COVENANT - SOUTH PARK - EERIE COINCIDENCE?
VIDEO LINK by Theresa,
Monday, June 29, 2009, 03:35

Thanks to the emailer who tipped me off to this. I have searched and found the mentioned South Park episode available to view at the South Park site online.
The Ark of the Covenant was reported to be revealed on Friday, June 26, 2009. The Ark was not revealed but here is the latest story regarding this:

Meanwhile, Michael Jackson died on Thursday June 25, 2009 and his death dominated the media. HAD the ark been revealed, it should have gotten MUCH media coverage - but that is not what happened.

NOW - here is the really weird part.
The television show South Park ran an episode in 2004 - Season 8 Episode 7 - titled "The Jeffersons"
IN this South Park episode a cartoon of Michael Jackson appears WITH the Ark of the Covenant. Below is a screen capture.
Now, I don't know as much about this kind of thing as others, but this seems to be a very eerie coincidence. Would like to hear others' thoughts.....
Here is the episode online - The Ark Of The Covenant appears at 14:15 into the video.

Some people say there are no coincidences....what say you?
Theresa

Ark of the Covenant still hidden 

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login    You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login, Philadelphia Atheism Examiner  June 29, 2009

The Ark of the Covenant

Patriarch Abuna Pauolos, the head of the Ethiopian Orthodox Church stated on Friday that he was planning on revealing the famed Ark of the Covenant to the world. Pauolos claimed that the container which God made to hold the Ten Commandments has been hidden in Ethiopian for thousands of years.

The Ark is hidden in a special chamber of one of the churched in Ethiopia and is protected by a special guardian who is trained to watch over the Ark until the guardian dies and is replaced with a new guardian. Some people claim that the Ark itself is an object of great power and is capable of burning people’s faces off (as seen in the film Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark).

The Ark is also said to contain Manna which is the magic food God gave the Hebrews to sustain them on their 40 year journey to the promise land. Ethiopia is notoriously known for their poverty issues and so it would be almost unconscionable for the Ethiopian Orthodox Church to allow their people to starve to death while they protected the Magic Manna capable of sustaining the people inside their church.

The announcement that the Ark of the Covenant was going to be revealed to the public was something of a surprise considering that it was alleged to be hidden in Ethiopia for 3000 years and no time sensitive or even divine reason was given for its sudden re-emergence. According to Pauolos, the Ark belongs on a museum which has not yet been build.

The details about the Ark’s public appearance were also set to be announced on Friday and since then, no details have been revealed. Some have questioned whether Pauolos was even in a position to bring the Ark into the public light. Others have speculated that that Pope Palpatine vetoed Pauolos’s decision to bring the Ark public. And many others have speculated that the Church fears the scientific analysis of the magic box. Regardless of the reasons, no Ark of the Covenant has been revealed as promised.

Ark of the Covenant- What is it really?

Some comments on this blog are quite interesting.
The temple of God being our body and each one of us having to reveal the ark of the covenant inside of us to get "blinded by the light" to finally SEE.

Maybe the ark was not revealed to the public on June 26, 2009 as announced but only (through Michael's disappearance) to a few - some being members here and having stated that their lives have been changed by 180°. Just a thought.
Last Edit: December 21, 2011, 08:34:04 AM by Grace
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Create your day. Create the most astounding year of your life. Be the change you want to see in the world! L.O.V.E.
***********************************************************************************************
"I am tired, I am really tired of manipulation." Michael Jackson, Harlem, New York, NY, July 6, 2002
***********************************************************************************************
******* Let's tear the walls in the brains of this world down.*******

Time to BE.

December 21, 2011, 08:20:37 AM
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGgX_oqdib4&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

Thank you Suspicious mind for this wonderful MELODY  :) !!!!
Here is one of the comment done by a girl ,named Gabrielle:

"Haters will hate but Christ is brilliant and if you dont like him back off. I am 13 and i have accepted christ and love him and will love him and worship him for the rest of my life- Gabrielle
AleeciaAndCharisma18 Cu 2 (de) luni în urmă 81"

Now I don't want to be mean,but when I hear the word WORSHIP, I make like this  :? .First of all I don't worship ANYONE and I agree with Donte Jackson about what he wrote down:

The Messiah you've been waiting for is YOU !!!!

We all wait for SOME/one to just show up from the Sky to SAVE US ,lol,but the truth is that THE SOLUTION is in US  :)!!! Like Michael said in This Is It movie:

It Starts with US.Or elese it will never be done!!!!
Last Edit: December 21, 2011, 08:23:01 AM by applehead250609
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Sarahli

December 21, 2011, 08:33:15 AM
This re-direct makes me think of what Front said because of "emblazoned in gold" and all those golden arks pictures.....

"The sun will rise again, bigger and brighter, emblazoned in gold…like a beacon whose physical existence was provisionally "extinguished"…but never forgotten. Those "flames" are the heart of the passionate inferno of resurgence that awaits. Some things are not meant to be ascertained but to be envisaged through delicate whispers. Just as the Earth is sure to rotate on its axis, the resurrection of a true King will indeed proclaim Hi(s)Story…and the truth shall be heard in ALL corners of the Earth. Momentarily, the world will quake, for there will be a cosmic shift in "dogma". Time is of the essence, but patience is a viture in [r]evolutionary milestones. Until then, from beyond the gates of that KINGdom----> whispers shall be heard……………."
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
We are here for you Michael and will always love you whatever happens.
'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.'
"You shall not accept any information, unless you verify it for yourself. I have given you the hearing, the eyesight, and the brain, and you are responsible for using them."

Andrea

December 21, 2011, 09:08:02 AM
MJ warned us about the ark in Miss Castaway (thanks Applehead for the video). 

There are claims of the ark being found, hidden away, etc but how are we to ever really know if any of these claims have any genuine claim to being the REAL ark.  Whoever may bring forth an ark, I will have suspicions, it doesn't matter who is making the claim.  And are we supposed to find it?  Destroy it?

This video was posted TODAY about how many believe the ark is in Ethiopia, I couldn't find it on youtube so here's a link.

I sense an ironic undertone to today's re-direct.

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

PureLove

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • To die would be an awfully big adventure.
December 21, 2011, 09:48:01 AM
Are you aware the three major religious systems in the world (Jews, Muslims, and Christians) all expect the Ark of the Covenant to resurface, near the end of time?

Many Christians believe that the Ark will be a major factor in the final battle between good and evil.

if we want to be on the right side of the final battle between good and evil: we must STUDY the true Ark, and know it so well that none of the counterfeits will lead us astray.

In fact, did you know that the number seven is one of the main keys to unlock the mystery of the true Ark?  Did you know that seven will be God’s most important number in the final battle between good and evil?

Almost everyone knows that the Ark of the Covenant was designed to contain the Ten Commandments—which are based on the two main concepts of love for God, and love for mankind (see Matthew 22:36-40); it’s all for love.

When I read these parts of TS' post, it makes me think that Michael is the ark himself. The ark is going to resurface  near the end of the world and 2012 is accepted by some that it is the end of the world. Michael can be very well the ark hypothetically who is going to resurface and lead the fight btw good and evil. This redirect also made me think that the BAM is so close too. The ark will resurface which means Michael is going to BAM soon because the end is so close.

What I see is, there's a big connection btw Michael and the ark. And even if TS didn't want to mean that Michael is the ark, ark is the symbol of the final battle btw the good and evil. And all of us should understand it, Michael's message and what we're fighting with. That is the only way to be in the army of Love. This is not the time to create our own fantasy hoax worlds, it is time to get it right! There's no more time. THIS IS IT!
Last Edit: December 22, 2011, 05:00:33 AM by PureLove
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

paula-c

December 21, 2011, 10:11:52 AM

Images of the Ark of the Covenant.

Images from the outside of what we think could be the real deal.
But is this the truth?

MICHAEL JACKSON - THE ARK OF THE COVENANT - SOUTH PARK - EERIE COINCIDENCE?
VIDEO LINK by Theresa,
Monday, June 29, 2009, 03:35

Thanks to the emailer who tipped me off to this. I have searched and found the mentioned South Park episode available to view at the South Park site online.
The Ark of the Covenant was reported to be revealed on Friday, June 26, 2009. The Ark was not revealed but here is the latest story regarding this:

Meanwhile, Michael Jackson died on Thursday June 25, 2009 and his death dominated the media. HAD the ark been revealed, it should have gotten MUCH media coverage - but that is not what happened.

NOW - here is the really weird part.
The television show South Park ran an episode in 2004 - Season 8 Episode 7 - titled "The Jeffersons"
IN this South Park episode a cartoon of Michael Jackson appears WITH the Ark of the Covenant. Below is a screen capture.
Now, I don't know as much about this kind of thing as others, but this seems to be a very eerie coincidence. Would like to hear others' thoughts.....
Here is the episode online - The Ark Of The Covenant appears at 14:15 into the video.

Some people say there are no coincidences....what say you?
Theresa

Ark of the Covenant still hidden 

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login    You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login, Philadelphia Atheism Examiner  June 29, 2009

The Ark of the Covenant

Patriarch Abuna Pauolos, the head of the Ethiopian Orthodox Church stated on Friday that he was planning on revealing the famed Ark of the Covenant to the world. Pauolos claimed that the container which God made to hold the Ten Commandments has been hidden in Ethiopian for thousands of years.

The Ark is hidden in a special chamber of one of the churched in Ethiopia and is protected by a special guardian who is trained to watch over the Ark until the guardian dies and is replaced with a new guardian. Some people claim that the Ark itself is an object of great power and is capable of burning people’s faces off (as seen in the film Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark).

The Ark is also said to contain Manna which is the magic food God gave the Hebrews to sustain them on their 40 year journey to the promise land. Ethiopia is notoriously known for their poverty issues and so it would be almost unconscionable for the Ethiopian Orthodox Church to allow their people to starve to death while they protected the Magic Manna capable of sustaining the people inside their church.

The announcement that the Ark of the Covenant was going to be revealed to the public was something of a surprise considering that it was alleged to be hidden in Ethiopia for 3000 years and no time sensitive or even divine reason was given for its sudden re-emergence. According to Pauolos, the Ark belongs on a museum which has not yet been build.

The details about the Ark’s public appearance were also set to be announced on Friday and since then, no details have been revealed. Some have questioned whether Pauolos was even in a position to bring the Ark into the public light. Others have speculated that that Pope Palpatine vetoed Pauolos’s decision to bring the Ark public. And many others have speculated that the Church fears the scientific analysis of the magic box. Regardless of the reasons, no Ark of the Covenant has been revealed as promised.

Ark of the Covenant- What is it really?

Some comments on this blog are quite interesting.
The temple of God being our body and each one of us having to reveal the ark of the covenant inside of us to get "blinded by the light" to finally SEE.

Maybe the ark was not revealed to the public on June 26, 2009 as announced but only (through Michael's disappearance) to a few - some being members here and having stated that their lives have been changed by 180°. Just a thought.

not only change, I wonder all the days that I am researching the life of a man that I do not know, from the year 2009
Last Edit: December 21, 2011, 10:15:05 AM by paula-c
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

paula-c

December 21, 2011, 10:31:47 AM

There are claims of the ark being found, hidden away, etc but how are we to ever really know if any of these claims have any genuine claim to being the REAL ark.  Whoever may bring forth an ark, I will have suspicions, it doesn't matter who is making the claim.  And are we supposed to find it?  Destroy it?

This video was posted TODAY about how many believe the ark is in Ethiopia, I couldn't find it on youtube so here's a link.

Interesting that the video will be published in a date as today, the question I ask myself is how they are going to manipulate people with all this?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

December 21, 2011, 10:40:44 AM
This re-direct makes me think of what Front said because of "emblazoned in gold" and all those golden arks pictures.....

"The sun will rise again, bigger and brighter, emblazoned in gold…like a beacon whose physical existence was provisionally "extinguished"…but never forgotten. Those "flames" are the heart of the passionate inferno of resurgence that awaits. Some things are not meant to be ascertained but to be envisaged through delicate whispers. Just as the Earth is sure to rotate on its axis, the resurrection of a true King will indeed proclaim Hi(s)Story…and the truth shall be heard in ALL corners of the Earth. Momentarily, the world will quake, for there will be a cosmic shift in "dogma". Time is of the essence, but patience is a viture in [r]evolutionary milestones. Until then, from beyond the gates of that KINGdom----> whispers shall be heard……………."

".......Cosmic shift in DOGMA"

WOW,just WOW,how much I like this WORD  8-)!!!! Steve Job was so ,so RIGHT ,and unfortunately MANY of us are still living in DOGMA  :oops: .And you know why????? Because THINKING FOR yourSELF is very hard ,lol   :lol:  :shock: !!! I'm trying THIS every day believe me,but I'm sure that in the "end",I will be able not to think true other's brain ,but my own brain  :mrgreen: !!!!

Soon and very soon my BRAIN will be FREE  penguin/ !!!!!

Last Edit: December 21, 2011, 10:43:51 AM by applehead250609
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Andrea

December 21, 2011, 10:46:28 AM

Interesting that the video will be published in a date as today, the question I ask myself is how they are going to manipulate people with all this?

One thing for certain is they will try to manipulate people, it's what they do.  I really hope that MJ is manipulating 'them' right back, in a good versus evil kind of way.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

December 21, 2011, 10:48:57 AM
Interesting! Has there been any news since 2009 about the claims of Abuna Paulos?? You would think that someone claiming to reveal the Ark of the Covenant would capture a ton of media attention.
Well maybe not.....it IS the media after all. :roll:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

December 21, 2011, 10:57:01 AM
hi all. just want to mention before i post anything abt the ark, a personal disclaimer as it is important to me that i put it out there. though i will participate in ark discussion in this thread, i dont want to give a false impression that i am looking to 'MJ' for salvation or believe that he will lead the battle between good and evil. i think that this will be led by jesus not MJ. IMHO, i think that MJ is doing his part to get people to turn their attention to God and Jesus. i respect that others may feel different. im not trying to be argumentative, i just didnt want my participation in this thread to be misunderstood, that i believe ark represents person and that person is MJ, or similar theory, etc. agian, i very much respect there are different opnions here, so thank you in advance for also letting me put mine out there without critisism.

i just wanted to share some additional information about the ark. it seems that there are two opinions abt what the ark is, mentioned in revelation... some believe this is a person, others believe the orignal physical ark will resurface.. i'd just like to put another perspective out there. this comes from the book printed by JWs entitled Revelation - It's grand climax at hand.

NB - I will also post this information in the "Discussion for Book of Revelation" thread that I created, as I noticed that ARK discussion is also taking place on that thread too.

Behold the Ark of His Covenant!

Jeh God rules! Through his Messianic Kingdom, he is exercising his sovereignty toward mankind in a marvelous way. This is confirmed by what John sees next: “And the temple sanctuary of God that is in heaven was opened, and the ark of his covenant was seen in his temple sanctuary. And there occurred lightnings and voices and thunders and an earthquake and a great hail.” (Revelation 11:19) This is the only mention in Revelation of the ark of God’s covenant. The Ark had been the visible symbol of Jeh God’s presence with his people Israel. In the tabernacle, and later in the temple built by Solomon, it was kept in the Most Holy. But when Israel went into captivity in Babylon in 607 B.C.E., Jerusalem was desolated and the ark of the covenant disappeared. That was when representatives of the house of David ceased “to sit upon Jehovah’s throne as king.”—1 Chronicles 29:23.

Now, after more than 2,600 years in Johns day, the Ark is seen once more. But in John’s vision this Ark is not in an earthly temple. It appears in the heavenly sanctuary of God. Once again, Jeh God rules by means of a king in the royal line of David. This time, however, the King, Christ Jesus, is enthroned in heavenly Jerusalem—the exalted vantage point from which he executes Jeh God's judgments. (Hebrews 12:22) The following chapters of Revelation will unveil these to us.

In ancient earthly Jerusalem, the Ark was not seen by the Israelites in general, nor even by the priests serving in the temple, for it was within the Most Holy that was screened off from the Holy Place by a curtain. (Numbers 4:20; Hebrews 9:2, 3) Only the high priest got to see it when he entered the Most Holy on the annual Day of Atonement. Nevertheless, when the temple sanctuary in the heavens is opened, the symbolic ark is visible not only to Jeh God’s High Priest, Jesus Christ, but also to his underpriests, the 144,000, including John.

Those first ones who have been resurrected to heaven see this symbolic ark at close range, for they have taken their place as part of the 24 elders around Jehovah’s throne. And the John class on earth have been enlightened by God’s spirit to discern His presence in His spiritual temple. There have also been signs to alert mankind in general to this wonderful development. John’s vision speaks of lightnings, voices, thunders, an earthquake, and hail. (Compare Revelation 8:5.) What do these symbolize?

Since 1914 there has been a tremendous upheaval in the realm of religion. Happily, though, this “earthquake” has been accompanied by dedicated voices giving a clear message about God’s established Kingdom. Thunderous ‘storm warnings’ from the Bible have been sounded. Like lightning, flashes of insight as to God’s prophetic Word have been seen and publicized. A hard pounding “hail” of divine judgments has been unleashed against Christendom and false religion in general. All of this should have caught people’s attention. Sadly, though, the majority—like the people of Jerusalem in Jesus’ time—have failed to discern the fulfillment of these Revelation signs.—Luke 19:41-44.

The seven angels continue to sound their trumpets, signaling historic events here on earth. Dedicated Christians have a great responsibility to continue proclaiming these announcements to the world. How joyfully they are fulfilling that commission! Truly, “the sacred secret of God according to the good news” is being made known “to the extremities of the inhabited earth.”—Revelation 10:7; Romans 10:18.

and some additional information taken from another publication... PLEASE note the text right at the bottom that I have highlighted in RED.

ARK OF THE COVENANT

The sacred chest located in the Most Holy of the tabernacle and, later, in the temple built by Solomon. The Ark was made at Jehovah’s command and according to his design.

Bible writers designate the ark of the covenant in more than 20 different ways. The more common of these expressions, “the ark of the covenant [Heb., ʼarohn′ hab‧berith′; Gr., ki‧bo‧tos′ tes di‧a‧the′kes]” (Jos 3:6; Heb 9:4) and “the ark of the testimony” (Ex 25:22), are not peculiar to any certain writer and are used interchangeably.

'Pattern and Design'

The first thing Jehovah gave Moses, when instructing him to build the tabernacle, was the pattern and design of the Ark, for indeed it was the central and paramount object of the tabernacle and the whole camp of Israel. The chest itself measured 2.5 cubits long, 1.5 cubits wide, and 1.5 cubits high (c. 111 × 67 × 67 cm; 44 × 26 × 26 in.). It was made of acacia wood, overlaid inside and out with pure gold. An artistic “border of gold” served as a crowning wreath “round about upon it.” The second section of the Ark, its cover, was made of solid gold, not just wood overlaid with gold, and was the full length and breadth of the chest. Mounted on this cover were two golden cherubs of hammered workmanship, one at each end of the cover facing each other, with heads bowed and wings extending upward and overspreading the Ark. (Ex 25:10, 11, 17-22; 37:6-9) This cover was also known as the “mercy seat” or “propitiatory cover.”—Ex 25:17; Heb 9:5,

Long poles were provided for carrying the Ark. They were also made of acacia wood covered with gold and were inserted through two rings of gold on each side of the chest. These poles were not to be removed from their rings; hence there was never a necessity for bearers of the Ark to touch it. There were four feet, “walking feet, feet bent as if for walking,” located at the corners to raise the Ark off the floor, but how high is not disclosed. (Commentary on the Old Testament, by C. F. Keil and F. Delitzsch, 1973, Vol. 1, The Second Book of Moses, p. 167) The rings may have been mounted immediately above the feet, if not on the feet themselves.—Ex 25:12-16; Nu 4:5, 15; 1Ki 8:8; 1Ch 15:15.

'Inauguration and Use'

Bezalel and the wisehearted ones assisting him followed the plans explicitly, constructing the Ark from the materials contributed by the people. (Ex 35:5, 7, 10, 12; 37:1-9) When the tabernacle was completed and set up a year after the Exodus, Moses took the two stone tablets of the Law and put them into the Ark. (Deuteronomy 10:1-5 indicates that a temporary ark made of acacia wood housed the tablets during only the few months’ interval from the time Moses received them in the mountain until they were transferred to the Ark made by Bezalel.) Next, Moses inserted the poles in the rings of the Ark, laid the cover on, brought it into the tent, and put up the screen that was to separate the Holy from the Most Holy. Then, as part of the inauguration ceremony, Moses anointed the Ark and all other furnishings with oil. From then on, when the priests disassembled the tabernacle to move camp, the same dividing screen, together with additional sealskins and blue cloth, was used to cover the Ark to prevent the people from looking upon it ‘for the least moment of time, lest they die.’—Ex 40:3, 9, 20, 21; Nu 3:30, 31; 4:5, 6, 19, 20; 7:9; De 10:8; 31:9;

The Ark served as a holy archive for the safekeeping of sacred reminders or testimony, the principal contents being the two tablets of the testimony, or the Ten Commandments. (Ex 25:16) A “golden jar having the manna and the rod of Aaron that budded” were added to the Ark but were later removed sometime before the building of Solomon’s temple. (Heb 9:4; Ex 16:32-34; Nu 17:10; 1Ki 8:9; 2Ch 5:10) Just before Moses died, he gave a copy of the “book of the law” to the Levitical priests with instructions that it should be kept, not within, but “at the side of the ark of the covenant of Jehovah your God, . . . as a witness there against you.”—De 31:24-26.

'Associated with God’s presence'

The Ark was associated with God’s presence throughout its history. Jehovah promised: “I will present myself to you there and speak with you from above the cover, from between the two cherubs that are upon the ark of the testimony.” “In a cloud I shall appear over the cover.” (Ex 25:22; Le 16:2) Samuel wrote that Jehovah “is sitting upon the cherubs” (1Sa 4:4); hence the cherubs served as “the representation of the chariot” of Jehovah. (1Ch 28:18) Accordingly, “whenever Moses went into the tent of meeting to speak with [Jehovah], then he would hear the voice conversing with him from above the cover that was upon the ark of the testimony, from between the two cherubs; and he would speak to him.” (Nu 7:89) Later, Joshua and High Priest Phinehas also inquired of Jehovah before the Ark. (Jos 7:6-10; Jg 20:27, 28) However, only the high priest actually entered the Most Holy and saw the Ark, one day a year, not to communicate with Jehovah, but in carrying out the Atonement Day ceremony.—Le 16:2, 3, 13, 15, 17; Heb 9:7.

In other ways the presence of Jehovah as represented by the Ark brought blessings to Israel. It was customary when Israel moved camp for the Ark with its overhead cloud to lead the way. (Nu 10:33, 34) So, at the crossing of the Jordan, when the priests carrying the Ark stepped into the river’s water, Jehovah stopped its flow, allowing them to pass. (Jos 3:1–4:18) In the line of march around Jericho, the war-equipped forces were followed by seven priests blowing horns, then the Ark, and behind was the rear guard. (Jos 6:3-13) In contrast to the victory at Jericho was the defeat suffered when certain rebels presumptuously pushed ahead in an attempt to take the Promised Land contrary to divine instructions, and when “the ark of Jehovah’s covenant and Moses did not move away from the midst of the camp.” (Nu 14:44, 45) Even the enemy Philistines recognized the presence of Jehovah when the Ark appeared on the battlefield. In their fright they cried out: “God has come into the camp [of Israel]!” “Woe to us, for such a thing as this never occurred before! Woe to us! Who will save us from the hand of this majestic God? This is the God that was the smiter of Egypt with every sort of slaughter in the wilderness.”—1Sa 4:6-8.

Jehovah’s presence continued to be demonstrated when the Philistines captured the Ark and took it to Ashdod to sit alongside the image of Dagon. That night, Dagon fell on his face; the next night he again toppled before the ark of Jehovah and his head and the palms of both of his hands were cut off. During the next seven months, as the Ark circulated among the Philistine cities, the people were plagued with piles, and the city of Ekron was plunged into “a death-dealing confusion,” until finally the Ark was returned to Israel with proper offering.—1Sa 5:1–6:12.

The fact that the Ark was associated with the presence of Jehovah demanded that due respect and high regard be given the Ark. Hence, when the Ark set out on the move and when it came to rest, Moses proclaimed words of praise to Jehovah. (Nu 10:35, 36) High Priest Eli was so shocked to hear that the Philistines had captured the Ark that he lost his balance and fell over backward, breaking his neck; also his daughter-in-law in the throes of death lamented, “Glory has gone away from Israel into exile, because the ark of the true God has been captured.” (1Sa 4:18-22) King Solomon acknowledged that “the places to which the ark of Jehovah has come are something holy.”—2Ch 8:11.

'Not a magic charm'

However, the Ark was not a magic charm. Its presence alone did not guarantee success; Jehovah GOD’s blessings depended on the spiritual standing and faithful obedience of those possessing the Ark. Hence, the Israelites under the leadership of Joshua suffered defeat at Ai because of unfaithfulness, despite the presence of the Ark in their camp. (Jos 7:1-6) Similarly, Israel’s trusting in the presence of the Ark among the very fighting forces did not prevent the Philistines from killing 30,000 Israelites and capturing the Ark. (1Sa 4:1-11) The return of the Ark from the Philistines was an occasion for great rejoicing, offering of sacrifices, and thanksgiving, yet Jehovah “struck down the people with a great slaughter.” Why? “Because they had looked upon the ark of Jehovah” in violation of his command. (1Sa 6:11-21; Nu 4:6, 20) Exactly how many died on that occasion is not certain. The Masoretic text reads: “So he struck down among the people seventy men—fifty thousand men.” This ambiguous construction might suggest that “fifty thousand men” is an interpolation. The Syriac Peshitta and the Arabic say that “five thousand and seventy men” were struck down. The Targum Jonathan reads: “And he struck down seventy men among the older men of the people, and fifty thousand among the congregation.” The Greek Septuagint says that “seventy men among them, and fifty thousand of the men” were struck down. Josephus mentions only seventy men as being killed.—Jewish Antiquities, VI, 16 (i, 4).

'Locations Where the Ark Was Kept'

The Ark had no permanent resting-place until the erection of Solomon’s temple. With the major conquest of the land completed (c. 1467 B.C.E.), it was moved to Shiloh, where it apparently remained (with the exception of a time when it was at Bethel) until captured by the Philistines. (Jos 18:1; Jg 20:26, 27; 1Sa 3:3; 6:1) Upon its return to Israelite territory it rested successively at Beth-shemesh and Kiriath-jearim, at this latter place for about 70 years.—1Sa 6:11-14; 7:1, 2; 1Ch 13:5, 6.
According to the Masoretic text, 1 Samuel 14:18 indicates that, during a conflict with the Philistines, King Saul had Ahijah the high priest bring the Ark to his campsite. However, the Greek Septuagint states that Saul said to Ahijah: “‘Bring the ephod near!’ (For he carried the ephod in that day before Israel.).”

David’s desire to have the Ark brought to Jerusalem was a good one, but the method he first used led to disaster. Instead of having it carried by the poles on the shoulders of the Kohathite Levites as instructed, David let it be placed on a wagon. The bulls caused a near upset, and Uzzah was struck down because he reached out to grab hold of the Ark, contrary to God’s law.—2Sa 6:2-11; 1Ch 13:1-11; 15:13; Nu 4:15.

The Ark was finally brought to Jerusalem, properly carried by the Levites (1Ch 15:2, 15), and there it remained in a tent during the remainder of David’s reign. (2Sa 6:12-19; 11:11) The priests attempted to take the Ark along when they fled Absalom’s rebellion, but David insisted that it remain in Jerusalem, trusting that Jehovah would bring them all back safely to it. (2Sa 15:24, 25, 29; 1Ki 2:26) David desired to build a permanent house for the Ark, but Jehovah postponed such construction until Solomon’s reign. (2Sa 7:2-13; 1Ki 8:20, 21; 1Ch 28:2, 6; 2Ch 1:4) On the occasion of the dedication of the temple, the Ark was moved from the tent on Zion into the Most Holy of the temple up on Mount Moriah, where it was placed under the overshadowing wings of two large cherubs. It was the only piece of furniture from the original tabernacle that became part of Solomon’s temple.—1Ki 6:19; 8:1-11; 1Ch 22:19; 2Ch 5:2-10; 6:10, 11;

The only post-Solomonic historical reference to the ark of the covenant, nearly 900 years after it was made, is at 2 Chronicles 35:3 where King Josiah, in 642 B.C.E., commanded that it be returned to the temple. How it had come to be removed is not stated. Josiah came to the throne following some very apostate kings, one of whom had put an image in the house of Jehovah, and possibly one of these wicked kings removed the Ark. (2Ch 33:1, 2, 7) On the other hand, Josiah sponsored extensive repairs of the temple, during which time the Ark might have been kept elsewhere for its own protection against damage. (2Ch 34:8–35:19) There is no mention of the Ark’s being taken to Babylon. The Ark is not enumerated among the temple articles carried off. Likewise, there is no mention of its being returned and placed in Zerubbabel’s rebuilt temple; neither was a replacement made for it. When and under what circumstances the Ark disappeared is unknown.—2Ki 25:13-17; 2Ch 36:18; Ezr 1:7-11; 7:12-19.

Jeremiah foretold a time when the ark of the covenant would be no more, but that it would not be missed and Jehovah’s worshipers would experience no hardship because of not having it. Instead ‘Jerusalem itself will be called the throne of Jehovah.’—Jer 3:16, 17.

In the symbolic book of Revelation, John says that “the ark of his covenant was seen in his temple sanctuary” in heaven. This ark of the covenant has to do with the new covenant of God with men and the appearing of the Ark was an indication that Jehovah was again ruling by means of his Anointed One.—Re 11:15, 19.

NB - Scriptures quoted are from New World Testament of the Holy Sciptures printed by Jehovahs Witnesses, unless stated otherwise. Please feel free to cross reference these scriptures in your own bibles if interested.

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
People laugh when I explain. And though they may laugh, that doesn't change the fact that it's still the truth.

Michael is Alive
The end of evil is nigh
Trust in God
The righteous will prevail

December 21, 2011, 10:57:23 AM
I found this article posted on 12/4/11 about the Ark being moved in the near future. This article has been copied and pasted by other sources so I'm not sure where it originated from or how accurate it is.

The article states that the current location in Ethiopia has a leaky roof that needs to be repaired and in the meantime the Ark will be moved to a new building once they finish building it.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

December 21, 2011, 11:06:58 AM

Jeremiah foretold a time when the ark of the covenant would be no more, but that it would not be missed and Jehovah’s worshipers would experience no hardship because of not having it. Instead ‘Jerusalem itself will be called the throne of Jehovah.’—Jer 3:16, 17.

sorry should have quoted the scripture in full...

Vs 16 And it must occur that YOU will become many and certainly bear fruit in the land in those days,” is the utterance of Jehovah. “No more will they say, ‘The ark of the covenant of Jehovah!’ nor will it come up into the heart, nor will they remember it or miss it, and no more will it be made.

Vs 17 In that time they will call Jerusalem the throne of Jehovah; and to her all the nations must be brought together to the name of Jehovah at Jerusalem, and they will no more walk after the stubbornness of their bad heart.”

EDIT - NB - again, NWT of the bible, as printed by JWs. Please cross reference these scriptures in your own bible if interested.
Last Edit: December 21, 2011, 11:21:13 AM by Australian MJ BeLIEver
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
People laugh when I explain. And though they may laugh, that doesn't change the fact that it's still the truth.

Michael is Alive
The end of evil is nigh
Trust in God
The righteous will prevail

December 21, 2011, 11:24:59 AM

Thank YOU, Andrea  :) !!!!
The video is "VERY INFORMATIVE"  :roll: ,but inDIANA Jones is my favourite  penguin/ !!!!!!
And THE MISTERY continues (,Ha,Ha ,ha ).Yes I can imagine  :lol: @!!!!! It's a mistery that's GOING ON for hundred of thousands of years,lol and "Suddenly" the roof has a LEAK   :shock:  :? ?????????
OMG you can really see that
MOCK /cook/  in their smiling  :lol: ,when they speeak about "How we live by those lawes",and how "The 10 commandments have quite alot of power over our lifes"  :lol: :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol: !!!!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ey8uiC4CzV8&feature=g-u&context=G2f009ceFUAAAAtAALAw[/youtube]

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions